PDA

View Full Version : HI-Why?!

Kyryl
01-27-2006, 06:13 AM
Hi guys!

I'm just interested in your reason of listening The OFFSPRING.
For example, I listen them 'cause their songs catch my mood often. So why you?

offspring fan
01-27-2006, 06:26 AM
because if i dont spiderman is gonna butt rape my dog and hitler is gonna saw of my nose :(

Tijs
01-27-2006, 06:36 AM
Because Offspring understands my pain :(

Seriously, because surprisingly, I like their music.

punker
01-27-2006, 06:40 AM
i think i like them because i relate to a lot of their songs

Hypodermic_89
01-27-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm listening to them because I like the music.. *duh*

NIX-on-the-MAN
01-27-2006, 08:47 AM
because if i dont spiderman is gonna butt rape my dog and hitler is gonna saw of my nose :(
lol, that's going to go into my big book of, "So There's".

But like them because they're like the only band that I can listen to when I'm in a bad mood that makes me feel better (not like I'm emo or something, like I'm not always in a bad mood...) :o

Gayman
01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I listen to them because I haven't heard any better band who would kick their asses....yet anyway :D

Melissa_ab90
01-27-2006, 09:05 AM
I like them 'cause..Are Original, the lyrics are so deep.. īTheir music is so good!!!!!

Simply 'cause they are authentic,genuine :)

el_monkey
01-27-2006, 10:13 AM
they turn me up up up up up up up

bd007h
01-27-2006, 10:30 AM
I listen to them because I like their music. they were my favorite band from 1999-2005. Now I have a new favorite band, but I still like The Offspring

WebDudette
01-27-2006, 10:35 AM
I don't mean to take this thread of topic but can someone recomend a internet radio.

notoriousdoc
01-27-2006, 10:41 AM
They all suck

I listen to The Offspring because my cock likes Noodles' guitar

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 10:51 AM
I listen to them because the voices in my head tell me to.

Also, I like to burn things, same reason.

Nirushika6789
01-27-2006, 10:54 AM
'I l1sten to da offsrping cos I am punx'

Haha nah I'm only messing...I listening to them because I really I like their music and the members are cool :D

killer_queen
01-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Becase I like Me and My Old Lady. And I thought all the songs would be the same. Well, thay are not but I still I like them.

Kyryl
01-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Haven't you thought about things they are singing about little bit deeper. Look in roots of our likeness. Maybe because of showing real face of life. Sometimes curiosly, sometimes mad... :cool:

Ronin
01-27-2006, 12:16 PM
i love them because they are very very talented.

they are very skilled musicians that can play music of any genre, they have proven that they can be successful with old fashioned punk rock, as well as rock, poprock, ska...you name it!

i also appreciate the versatility and variety of lyrics they use. They can cover just about any mood, any topic, and they do so in a smooth way.

they have such a distinctive sound that is truly and only theirs, they are a strong group, which is what makes them succeed and stay in the music biz.

and needless to say, they've got the "it" factor... ;)

offspring_freak_3
01-27-2006, 12:19 PM
i think i like them because i relate to a lot of their songs
same here. they also have great lyrics :D

Nirushika6789
01-27-2006, 02:10 PM
i love them because they are very very talented.

they are very skilled musicians that can play music of any genre, they have proven that they can be successful with old fashioned punk rock, as well as rock, poprock, ska...you name it!

i also appreciate the versatility and variety of lyrics they use. They can cover just about any mood, any topic, and they do so in a smooth way.

they have such a distinctive sound that is truly and only theirs, they are a strong group, which is what makes them succeed and stay in the music biz.

and needless to say, they've got the "it" factor... ;)
AMEN TO THAT! :D

Camilamazed
01-27-2006, 07:26 PM
I started listening to them because they were on top, at first. COAP was a huge success. Afterwards, other songs came and I started to understand what they express with the songs. Some of them are related to some things I went through. I like them better because they still talk about the loss of our generation...

alistair13
01-27-2006, 08:21 PM
for me, it's just because the offspring has fun music. you can really get into each song.

Igniton
01-27-2006, 08:22 PM
I don't mean to take this thread of topic but can someone recomend a internet radio.

idobi radio... i love that radio, it got me into alot of bands

Igniton
01-27-2006, 08:24 PM
and i listen to the offspring because i thought it would make me cool, now i am the only one around who listens besides my ex gf

alistair13
01-27-2006, 08:31 PM
nobody listens to the offspring where i live... they're all a bunch of emo butt-rocks that just listen to hawthorne heights and that crap.

Drummerguy123
01-27-2006, 08:43 PM
I first got into the Offspring after Splinter. Once I heard that, I wanted to check out their other stuff. So, now I own all of their cds and dvds (except the Americana dvd :mad: but at least I have a copy of Club Me :D ) and a t-shirt. I listen to them because they have a wide variety of sounds, they don't really care if their songs are big hits (Da Hui anyone?), they write extremely powerful lyrics, and Ixnay on the Hombre defines my entire philosophy on life.

Drummerguy123
01-27-2006, 08:45 PM
nobody listens to the offspring where i live... they're all a bunch of emo butt-rocks that just listen to hawthorne heights and that crap.
lol. That's like my school, but I have already "converted" about six people into Offspring fans. Also in the process, I turned them into Green Day haters. It's like a 2 for 1 deal! :D

Kyryl
02-03-2006, 11:03 AM
And there's also aren't lots of listeners at my side...

darko
02-03-2006, 11:36 AM
basically its my anger-management, lifting my spirits and something to relate to

Embodude2004
02-03-2006, 11:39 AM
i just like there tune. no specific reason but that they there songs kick ass

Llamas
02-03-2006, 09:27 PM
I like green day. not nearly as much as the offspring, though.

I heard Pretty fly when I was 14, and I liked it a lot. I had shitty taste in music at the time and only knew what was on the radio. pretty fly and then WDYGAJ? got into my head, so I bought Americana (it had just come out). I loved that album, and I immediately bought ixnay and ignition... later got smash and the ST. I fell in love with all 5 albums, and started buying comps that had them on them, and started finding the punk genre. I love the offspring because they solely took me from the shit like NSYNC BSB to the punk like DK and ramones. Then throughout highschool I was very depressed and the offspring was what got me through... instead of doing a lot of bad things most kids did when they were depressed, I listened to the offspring. I love their distinct sound, and their global lyrics- they don't just sing about themselves and aren't always straight-forward about everything. You have to dig. I am sad that the newest albums are more radio-driven, but I understand.

www.last.fm is a good internet radio.

Kyryl
02-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Business is business...