PDA

View Full Version : My band is playing with the Rx Bandits!

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-27-2006, 11:15 PM
My band, the Black Dots, will be playing with the Rx Bandits on February 10th! It's a fundraiser gig for Golden West College's UN. They just got confirmed as the headliner about five hours ago, and the other band is one that has been on Mtv, though the organizer forgot to tell me the name. If anyone in Southern California wants to check it out, it'll be at Rush Park in Rossmoor, and its only 7 bucks. Good times!

neocon58
01-28-2006, 01:42 AM
My band, the Black Dots, will be playing with the Rx Bandits on February 10th! It's a fundraiser gig for Golden West College's UN. They just got confirmed as the headliner about five hours ago, and the other band is one that has been on Mtv, though the organizer forgot to tell me the name. If anyone in Southern California wants to check it out, it'll be at Rush Park in Rossmoor, and its only 7 bucks. Good times!

Where can I hear some of your shit?

By the way did you go to NAMM?

Andy
01-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Holy shit man that's awesome. Bet you're well excited about it; I would be! Rx Bandits always put on a great show, and are great guys to boot. Post up some pics/sound files when its done.

dain84
01-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Awesome man!

Black__ball
01-28-2006, 12:27 PM
lt me hear some of you shit
rock on!

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Where can I hear some of your shit?

By the way did you go to NAMM?

our myspace is www.myspace.com/bdots

i apologize for the audio quality, it was recorded on an mp3 player, and the guitarist brought his friend who just fucked around on his guitar while we were playing. however, we are going to record a proper demo in the next couple of weeks.

damn, im stoked!

and yes, i went to NAMM! blew my mind! i drooled over all these great bass amps! i especially like this german amp company hughes & kettner.

neocon58
01-28-2006, 05:44 PM
I have a 60 Watt Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue. They fucking pwn.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-31-2006, 04:56 AM

You're play with the who in the what now?

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-31-2006, 08:11 AM
haha exactly!

StayInTheHouseCarl
02-05-2006, 11:59 PM
well... we got screwed.

one of my bandmates emailed the bandits over myspace last week, just to say "hey we're playing with you on the 10th, we just wanted to say hello", that kind of thing. We get a message back saying, "We don't have any shows in february."
cricket cricket.

At first we give the organizers of the show the benefit of the doubt. because my guitarist sent the message so soon after we got the call that they were "confirmed", we thought perhaps maybe the guy that answered the message hadn't heard about the show. So we didn't really dwell on it, until we get a message from a kid saying that they weren't playing because they had studio time that day for their new record.

Then we got concerned. I called one of the organizer helpers, and left a message, asking about the rx bandits situation. She calls back, leaves a message, but just talks about getting us tickets to sell, but dodges the question I asked entirely.

Now we doubt that they even had the Rx Bandits confirmed at all. Why would the Bandits confirm a show date, when they have recording time? Thats something that you wouldnt forget. My answer is they wouldn't.

But anyways, thanks anyways for the support I got from you guys. We are going to play anyways, but we are gonna sit back after and watch the organizers get ripped a new one....because they havent told the kids yet the bandits arent playing...