PDA

View Full Version : see ... ron welty back?

RonWelty
01-28-2006, 09:46 AM
http://www.punkbands.com/index.php?id=16843

Rufus
01-28-2006, 09:48 AM
The Offspring still havn't made an official statement saying that Atom has left and it says that it is just rumour that Ron might come back

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Hes not coming back, and when was the Atom left the band statement made?

Rufus
01-28-2006, 09:51 AM
it wasn't I don't think Atom has officially left the band yet

YODAvid
01-28-2006, 09:58 AM
i wonder when all that shit will find its truth

electric_alexa
01-28-2006, 10:14 AM
The Offspring still havn't made an official statement saying that Atom has left and it says that it is just rumour that Ron might come back
could be :D

Fall-children
01-28-2006, 10:22 AM
who says Atom is leaving??
who says ron is maybe coming back?

electric_alexa
01-28-2006, 10:34 AM
read da 1st post

Igniton
01-28-2006, 10:34 AM
nothing new... there are alot of offspring drummer news... tomarrow we will have kanye west as the offspring's drummer

sebastienfan
01-28-2006, 10:36 AM
maybe Phil Collins

electric_alexa
01-28-2006, 10:41 AM
u guys r well funny :D

Black__ball
01-28-2006, 11:34 AM
mabye theyll get ringo ;)

NOO atom cannot LEAVE :'( im going to see a&a in april in give it a name....least i'll see atom

YODAvid
01-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Maybe Josh Freese is willing to take over fulltime

Zee
01-28-2006, 12:14 PM
That's interesting... funny how they put up pics with Ron again at the front the page, the random images and Atom's not anywhere. Still it seems so unrealistic since one of the reasons why Ron had to leave was that they didn't get along that well anymore. Oh well, you can still always hope. ;)

Sinister
01-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Still it seems so unrealistic since one of the reasons why Ron had to leave was that they didn't get along that well anymore.

and, most importantly, his side-project, Steady Ground.

Zee
01-28-2006, 12:21 PM
and, most importantly, his side-project, Steady Ground.

They haven't done shit in what, three or four years now? Their line-up has changed, who knows if the band still even exists. That wouldn't be an obstacle to join the Offspring again.

Tijs
01-28-2006, 12:21 PM
That's interesting... funny how they put up pics with Ron again at the front the page, the random images and Atom's not anywhere. Still it seems so unrealistic since one of the reasons why Ron had to leave was that they didn't get along that well anymore. Oh well, you can still always hope. ;)
http://www.offspring.com/ofe/img/photo/photo40.jpg
http://www.offspring.com/ofe/img/photo/photo41.jpg
http://www.offspring.com/ofe/img/photo/photo42.jpg
http://www.offspring.com/ofe/img/photo/photo43.jpg
http://www.offspring.com/ofe/img/photo/photo44.jpg

Zee
01-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh man, so they have put some pics there. Whoops, I haven't visited the site for a long time. Whatever. :)

.:SMASH:.
01-28-2006, 12:37 PM
if i were a drummer, i wouldnt be offspring's drummer. yes i know they are my favorite band and the best band ever formed, but if we forget that, you have to play all the stuff they tell you to without being able to write anything on YOUR instrument. in short you are a puppet to the band. it is no surprise to me that atom also left the band. probably joined AVA because he wanted to write something himself on the drums

dain84
01-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Actually, I saw Atom in a couple of them.

dain84
01-28-2006, 02:11 PM
They haven't done shit in what, three or four years now? Their line-up has changed, who knows if the band still even exists. That wouldn't be an obstacle to join the Offspring again.
Their singer posted on thier forum and ours a few months ago.

Dexter Powerhead
01-28-2006, 02:30 PM
that's just a fake........atom won't leave the offspring.....surely

.:SMASH:.
01-28-2006, 02:54 PM
that's just a fake........atom won't leave the offspring.....surely
you'd be surprised

alistair13
01-28-2006, 03:10 PM
i don't know what everyone likes about atom. really, i think it would be awesome if ron welty came back.

Mentally_Challenged
01-28-2006, 03:28 PM
When are you people going to quit all this shit about Atom? Wait till the band says something.

Amiralanal
01-28-2006, 03:53 PM
its sad that they switch drummer every five minutes. Nah, the offspring have already peaked. They have done their best songs already. Lets just hope that they wont quit for a while

offspring_freak_3
01-28-2006, 03:56 PM
When are you people going to quit all this shit about Atom? Wait till the band says something.
i agreen with you. its better wait for some 'oficial" new about it, to say something u saw in some fuckin website

dain84
01-28-2006, 03:57 PM
its sad that they switch drummer every five minutes. Nah, the offspring have already peaked. They have done their best songs already. Lets just hope that they wont quit for a while
Every five minutes? They had Ron for 16 years, that's way longer than both bands have a drummer.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Well, they could be regreting this, or maybe they are staying true to this, but i remember Noodles saying in an interview after i think Splinter was released and he said their goal is 10 albums, and that's what they wanna do.

And just on like my personal view, Atom really seems to love playing in the Offspring... i might even like him more than Ron as a drummer, Ron is a really good drummer but not exactly the most out there drummer, though it would be cool to see the Offspring come back to their good ole' days and finish the 10 albums with their original line up (higgins or no higgins, we're all still not sure on that either).

And i don't want to sound like a dick, but i really hope they make it to 10 albums because i know we'd hate to see them just kinda fall apart because they can't be bothered getting a new drummer or whatever, somebody once said on these forums that the Offspring will end on a high, whoever said that Rock On! lol.

- Splinter.By.My.Own.Design

nameless
01-28-2006, 07:22 PM
if i were a drummer, i wouldnt be offspring's drummer. yes i know they are my favorite band and the best band ever formed, but if we forget that, you have to play all the stuff they tell you to without being able to write anything on YOUR instrument. in short you are a puppet to the band. it is no surprise to me that atom also left the band. probably joined AVA because he wanted to write something himself on the drums

greg k gets given lines to play and it doesnt seem to bother him!

dain84
01-28-2006, 07:32 PM
greg k gets given lines to play and it doesnt seem to bother him!
I think he improvises though.

Ninty Man
01-28-2006, 07:53 PM
maybe Phil Collins
WHAT?????????????????????????? :eek:

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-29-2006, 12:48 AM
It shouldn't matter when they're record / making the songs or whatever, as long as they're having fun playing the songs live it shouldn't be a huge deal...

kami_mathieu
01-29-2006, 04:01 AM
Well, they could be regreting this, or maybe they are staying true to this, but i remember Noodles saying in an interview after i think Splinter was released and he said their goal is 10 albums, and that's what they wanna do.

And just on like my personal view, Atom really seems to love playing in the Offspring... i might even like him more than Ron as a drummer, Ron is a really good drummer but not exactly the most out there drummer, though it would be cool to see the Offspring come back to their good ole' days and finish the 10 albums with their original line up (higgins or no higgins, we're all still not sure on that either).

And i don't want to sound like a dick, but i really hope they make it to 10 albums because i know we'd hate to see them just kinda fall apart because they can't be bothered getting a new drummer or whatever, somebody once said on these forums that the Offspring will end on a high, whoever said that Rock On! lol.

a few days ago:

How many threads do we need to make about this...

you, my friend (not realy) are what they call a poseur.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-29-2006, 05:05 AM
you know what, because they make so many god damn threads, i thought i'd just shut them up, but it didn't work my friend (not really)

darko
01-29-2006, 06:54 AM
If you read that Properly you see that it say the band haven't confirmed Atom leaving and Havent confirmed Ron coming back!

The Offspring has not yet confirmed this.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-29-2006, 08:28 AM
I'll guess that i speak for us all when i say God damn guys, get your asses on the website and tell us what the heck is going on! lol, i know that's been said before, but ya'know...

Ceejio21
01-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Here's food for thought, Dexter seems to get on well with Travis Barker, they were at the Warped Tour together. Travis used to play for The Aquabats, Dexter signed The Aquabats to Nitro Records, they were in Kerrang magzine over the summer doing a dual interview. Perhaps if Atom and Josh Freese are unavailable for studio drumming? Who knows?

Ceej

Sinister
01-30-2006, 02:07 PM
dude, just make "Ceej" your signature.
oh, and by the way, clever thinking.

Fej87
01-30-2006, 02:55 PM
nah Travis is busy doing Plus 44 with Mark Hoppus

Jakebert
01-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Travis wouldn't be able to stick with the Offspring. His style is much more loose and creative than the Offspring's songs allow. I feel almost bad for Travis sometimes, being such an amazing drummber but being stuck in such a crappy group of bands.

Original prankstA
01-30-2006, 04:17 PM
god you're a tard! you always act like you know everything involving offspring but in actuallity you know shit

dain84
01-30-2006, 04:52 PM
god you're a tard! you always act like you know everything involving offspring but in actuallity you know shit
Actually, Ron isn't coming back, and Atom hasn't officially made a statement.

Original prankstA
01-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Actually, Ron isn't coming back, and Atom hasn't officially made a statement.
i'll believe it when i see it so please proove it

yay
01-30-2006, 11:01 PM
It would be good if someone from the band could clear this up. ;)

Camilamazed
01-30-2006, 11:07 PM
It would be good if someone from the band could clear this up. ;)

It seems that we're gonna have to wait a lot for news.... :(

yay
01-30-2006, 11:10 PM
It seems that we're gonna have to wait a lot for news.... :(Damn, I saw Noodles was online and viewing this thread so I hoped he would've said something.

Camilamazed
01-30-2006, 11:14 PM
He is indeed on line, but it seems that he'll ignore this kind of thread till we stop complaining about it.... :(

Holger estonia
02-25-2006, 11:47 AM
I really hope, that Ron is going back to the band
Ron kick ass

alistair13
02-25-2006, 12:04 PM
way to bump a thread