PDA

View Full Version : Higgins?

alistair13
01-28-2006, 05:55 PM
last night i got to thinking: Higgins has been devoted to the Offspring for a long time, doing all these side voices and instruments and stuff. He's full of energy at concerts, he's been with them forever... how come he's never even mentioned as a member of the band? he should really get more credit. What do you guys think?

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-28-2006, 06:04 PM
He should get more credit, but I dont think he works on the albums. Only the people that worked on the albums get credited..I think

darthdudeguy4
01-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Higgins has been credited on a couple albums as backround vocals

nameless
01-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Higgins has been credited on a couple albums as backround vocals

i have seen him credited as well!

offspringing
01-28-2006, 08:05 PM
maybe he doesnt want to be know as being in the band, maybe he likes it how it is, i bet it come up before or something

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Maybe it's the same thing for Higgins as Good Charlottes old drummer, he didn't want to be credited and stuff, he'd play live and record the albums and stuff, but was never really at interviews and in many of the pics and stuff i think. So, maybe so higgins doesn't get hassled every 5 seconds in public? that's just my view anyway.

Hypodermic_89
01-29-2006, 02:28 AM
Wasn't Higgins announced as an UNOFFICIAL member of the band? ;D

Tijs
01-29-2006, 03:39 AM
He should get more credit, but I dont think he works on the albums. Only the people that worked on the albums get credited..I think
"Additional engineering by Chris Higgins" - Splinter book
And in the extra's on the Splinter CD (or DVD?) you see him working on Da Hui. So he does work on the albums.

Kitten
01-29-2006, 03:49 AM
"Additional engineering by Chris Higgins" - Splinter book
And in the extra's on the Splinter CD (or DVD?) you see him working on Da Hui. So he does work on the albums.

Not to mention he does a lot of backing vocals, on stage and in the studio. I am guessing he just doesn't want to be announced as a fifth member.

Dexter_italy
01-29-2006, 04:53 AM
I prefer the way it is, he does a great job. but for me the Offspring are 4 without any fifth member
________
Gay Movies (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/22/gay/videos/1)

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-29-2006, 05:03 AM
I agree ^^ and as i say that i mean no disrespect to Higgins

electric_alexa
01-29-2006, 08:15 AM
I prefer the way it is, he does a great job. but for me the Offspring are 4 without any fifth member
yeah, i mean ppl know offspring as a 4, but he shld get WAY more credits :D

Igniton
01-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Maybe it's the same thing for Higgins as Good Charlottes old drummer, he didn't want to be credited and stuff, he'd play live and record the albums and stuff, but was never really at interviews and in many of the pics and stuff i think. So, maybe so higgins doesn't get hassled every 5 seconds in public? that's just my view anyway.

I like that idea... but Higgins would still be popular among Offspring fans more like us. So it would be just as good if they posted him as one of the band on the website.

electric_alexa
01-29-2006, 08:42 AM
i guess so...

Ryder1234
01-29-2006, 06:43 PM
hey where did they meet higgins and what do u thing happened to jason blakball mclean

Kitten
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
hey where did they meet higgins and what do u thing happened to jason blakball mclean

Higgins was a roadie before he got to do any backing vocals, and maybe Blackball moved on.

Hyper nova
01-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Higgins Was missing for the last tour (at least here in UK). Which was a bit of a shame as he add energy to the stage. But didnt detract from the overall performance. I hope it was simply that he wanted a break or was too ill to travel (as a common cold can stop you from flying). As for more credit i dont think he should, No offence to him but he is simply backing vocals and intruments and doesn't play a Main part even if its a vital roll so I've never considered him as a Main band member, there are plenty of band with a guy like higgins that doesnt get credit. Green day have Jason White as second guitar, he was even on the Wake Me up when september ends video, but has never been Credited as a main member. So Higgins should be Credited for the work he does and he is, but not listed as a main member (however he is in terms of the forums if you look under groups).

offspringer24
01-30-2006, 10:11 AM
well he wasnt even on the greatest hits tour so is he even a member anymore?

electric_alexa
01-30-2006, 10:22 AM
he aint fully a member anymore, anyways, really, since he "quit" :D

Jake
01-30-2006, 02:47 PM
He has another band, where he is a credited member. They are called Good Kitty and and here's their site (http://goodkittymusic.com/index.htm)