PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is the vocalist from The Strokes thinking?

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-29-2006, 12:36 PM
The guy CANNOT sing. It's a fact. I quite like The Strokes but sometimes his voice just cuts through me like a cheese grater. He just shouts. Even on the albums his voice isn't brilliant. Live it's like death.

Gah.

killer_queen
01-29-2006, 12:57 PM
So what? Some people like him. A good voice is not the most important thing. A lot of singers don't have a musical education and just scream sometimes. It's annoying I know but I think everyone who likes singing should be able to be a singer.

Yes, I have a terrible voice.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-29-2006, 01:01 PM
So what? Some people like him. A good voice is not the most important thing. A lot of singers don't have a musical education and just scream sometimes. It's annoying I know but I think everyone who likes singing should be able to be a singer.

You've obviously never heard my brother.

Kerr
01-29-2006, 03:09 PM
True - when you actally listen to his voice, it finally dawns on you that he really can't fucking sing. But it doesn't go through me, so I ain't really bothered about it.

Piedude
01-29-2006, 04:20 PM
I would like them more if they changed singers to someone who could sing, as Ive never really liked the strokes...I cant get past singing that bad.
Had this conversation with someone last night while they made me watch a live Strokes show on MTV2. Once my opinion of the singing was known they then said that Dexter Holland was on the same level of singing ability...Hes not the best singer ever but Id say hes a lot better than Strokey bloke...oh, and the person who compared the two is an Offspring fan too....

Rag Doll
01-29-2006, 04:37 PM
hmm...never been bothered by it. i actually...kinda...like it. when i saw them live, julian sounded pretty ok..close to how he sounded on the cd...minus being totally bombed and fucking up a lot of the lyrics....

wheelchairman
01-29-2006, 06:34 PM
True - when you actally listen to his voice, it finally dawns on you that he really can't fucking sing. But it doesn't go through me, so I ain't really bothered about it.
How often do you listen to Ste Shaw?

Camilamazed
01-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Well..... I saw them live last year and in my opinion Julian sang pretty well.

ruroken
01-30-2006, 01:18 PM
The Strokes suck...at everything.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Not true. Their riffs are catchy and the guitars aren't too bad. They're hardly an all-time great band but they're better than a lot of other stuff out there.

bouncingcoles
01-30-2006, 06:41 PM
the strokes suck a rediculous amount

BREAK
01-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Why do you think he sings through a wall of distortion on the first couple of albums? Removing that from their sound was the worst decision that band ever made, and my tolerance for bad vocals is through the ROOF.

Kerr
02-01-2006, 01:45 PM
How often do you listen to Ste Shaw?
:S

I was referring to the lead singer of the Strokes, unless you were asking on something else (which I overlooked, since I am pretty dumb).

nieh
02-01-2006, 02:07 PM
:S

I was referring to the lead singer of the Strokes, unless you were asking on something else (which I overlooked, since I am pretty dumb).

Ste Shaw = Dave's brother.

Kerr
02-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Ste Shaw = Dave's brother.
Ah yeah, I was aware of that.

Of course, my reply was right after "You've obviously never heard my brother" when I was referring to the lead singer of The Strokes.

barangatang
02-03-2006, 10:16 AM
I actually enjoy his schreechy voice. The strokes would suck with out it.