PDA

View Full Version : MxPx - Christian Rock?

0r4ng3
01-30-2006, 10:49 AM
I've seen on some sites that MxPx is being reffered to as Christian Rock. However, other sites say differently. Can someone clear this up for me?

nieh
01-30-2006, 12:20 PM
MxPx are a "band". They are also Christians. Sometimes they make songs about being Christians and their beliefs. Ordinarilly they're just a stupid pop-punk band with typical pop-punk band lyrics.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah nieh basicly said it, some of their stuff is Christian. I consider them a Christian band because they make Christian music alongside bands such as P.O.D., Blindside, and Switchfoot. But none of those bands have all their songs being religious.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-31-2006, 05:05 AM
I've seen on some sites that MxPx is being reffered to as Christian Rock. However, other sites say differently. Can someone clear this up for me?

OMG you are awesome for making this post!

there are stupid christians i know who always call MxPx christian rock, BUT MxPx sing about girls and stuff, not about friggin god! i say PUNK ROCK

nieh
01-31-2006, 06:44 AM
OMG you are awesome for making this post!

there are stupid christians i know who always call MxPx christian rock, BUT MxPx sing about girls and stuff, not about friggin god! i say PUNK ROCK

And that's why they have a song with the lyrics "Creation! Is proof enough for me!"?