PDA

View Full Version : News on the new AFI album?

Vera
01-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Besides this ( http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=162894 ) article, I haven't heard anything, single release dates, album release dates..

Any of you AFI insiders post some information. I would go to the AFI board if I'd dare.

HeadAroundU
01-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Summer Release Date Expected*
-plasticvenus- has pointed me to a post made in response for DF members by Davey that the new album is expected for an Early Summer release in 2006. This is the latest expected time frame from an official source which fits a lot more nicely when considering industry ads/news and time of completion for the album.

Hopefully this is the last time frame we need and the album will surely come out Early Summer.

http://www.afiseries.com/

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
01-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah that kinda makes me mad. I'm sick of them constantly pushing it back. They said they were pretty much done with the record now. Not quite, but the way they made it sound, it seems like it's 97% complete. Why summer?! I knew February wasn't feasible anymore, but I was at least hoping for late March to mid April or something. This sucks. I'm tired of waiting around for good music. Too much stuff sucks nowadays, goddammit!

HeadAroundU
01-30-2006, 01:28 PM
I think you will be able to download it somewhere in March/April....

What is so funny about it is that they are done and it's coming out in summer. The offspring aren't even in the studio now so there is no chance for 2006 release.

Jakebert
01-30-2006, 03:27 PM
They probably either are still mixing and editing the album, or just want to take some time off to prepare for touring/promotion/ect. But, even still, that's a long time.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
01-30-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry to do this to AFI, but as soon as I find out that the album is available to download, I'm going to do it. I've been waiting too fucking long for this album. I'm still going to buy it when it comes out, but I just gotta hear it the minute I find out some new shit is accessible.

Vera
01-30-2006, 10:22 PM
I think that's cool, checking out a cd via download before purchase. Thanks for the info, HAU. I agree it's friggin' annoying that it should take so long, especially how all signs point to them being nearly finished with the record.

It's like when a movie finishes shooting but has a 6-month post-production period. Annoying.