PDA

View Full Version : What happend to OffspringBootlegs.com?

Noodles II
01-30-2006, 05:39 PM
Everytime I try going there it always says "509 Bandwith Limit" or something like that. Anyone know whats going on?

Original prankstA
01-30-2006, 05:44 PM
i googled it and it says "coming soon" so they must be re-making the site

punker
01-30-2006, 06:01 PM
no, the site exceed the bandwith given for this month, so wait till february 1st to see it online again, we must support joe so this doesnt happen again

Noodles II
01-30-2006, 07:35 PM
no, the site exceed the bandwith given for this month, so wait till february 1st to see it online again, we must support joe so this doesnt happen again

Thats tommorow isnt it?

punker
01-30-2006, 07:38 PM
i dont know, depends on where are you, is still 30 here

offspring_freak_3
01-30-2006, 08:07 PM
^^ thats ur anwers and just to complement

Sorry dudes, out of bandwidth for this month! The offspringbootlegs.co.uk fanbase is obviously increasing!

offspringbootlegs.co.uk won't be back online until Wednesday, 1st February.

This is precisely why we need donations, to get our own host with more bandwidth.

No donations may mean this will happen each month - or I'll just have to disable downloads from the site when bandwidth reaches a certain amount.

the site is getting bigger :D

Idiot
01-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey, I was going to post in here actually and let you all know whats going on!

A new site is not being made, we have simply run out of bandwidth for this month.

The site is getting fucking huge - a couple of months ago, we were averaging about 200gb a month bandwidth, and around 9,000-12,000 visitors. However, December and January were different.

And in this month, before bandwidth exceeded its 250Gb limit, we'd had a whopping27,800 visitors this month alone, and nearly 21,000 of those were unique.

I simply cannot afford more bandwidth at present, which is why I added the PayPal donation option on the homepage. So far we have had no donations, although admittedly it had only been there for a week or two.

The reality of it, is that this site is obviously going to continue to get bigger and bigger. Which means more and more bandwidth will be used.
For the time being at least, I cannot afford more bandwidth.

This leaves me with 2 options:

Once bandwidth reaches 225Gb, to disable the downloading of files
Or, simply ask for small [only need to be small] donations from some users of the website.

I could change hosting package and have unlimited webspace, as well as unlimited bandwidth, if I pay a one-off fee of 45 [$80 US / 66 Euro]

This would therefore allow files to be online all the time, and I'd never need worry about bandwidth.

This would only require around 9 people to make one payment of 5 [$9 US].

All I can do is ask you to help out whatever you can, I understand not everyone is in the position to do this, even though its only a small amount.

The upshot of it is, however, is that no donations at all will mean you could be seeing the 'bandwidth exceeded' page more often, and this would be the case until I can afford more bandwidth.

darthdudeguy4
01-31-2006, 04:12 PM
i could ask my parents to let me donate
(but i dont know if they'll let me :( )

offspring_freak_3
01-31-2006, 06:18 PM
maybe i can donate next month cause i spent too much money this month with school books. but i can only donate like 10 dollars cause it would be 3 times more expensive in brazillian money

Idiot
02-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Important - Please Read Link Below

Bandwidth & The Future Of OffspringBootlegs.co.uk (http://www.offspringbootlegs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=315)