PDA

View Full Version : Forty Lashes

Original prankstA
01-31-2006, 01:08 PM
i would put this in my band but this is my friends band so...
Forty Lashes (http://www.myspace.com/fortylashes)
if you like ska/punk you'll like them a lot

coke_a_holic
01-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Mikey loves the ska-punk, but myspace is being a queen bitch and not letting the songs work. I'm going to the home site.

EDIT: nevermind, it's working, I'll tell you what I think momentarily.

Original prankstA
01-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Mikey loves the ska-punk, but myspace is being a queen bitch and not letting the songs work. I'm going to the home site.

EDIT: nevermind, it's working, I'll tell you what I think momentarily.
alright

coke_a_holic
01-31-2006, 02:21 PM
I enjoyed it. I liked What you Say what you Do the most, but there were some problems I had:
1. The guitar faded from being to far in the back to far in the front in many of the songs.
2. Not enough horns! Ask for more brass
3. It was kinda slow for skapunk, but it was good.

Analysis: I'm positive that, like most ska bands, they'd be better live, but I still enjoyed it nontheless.

Original prankstA
01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
I enjoyed it. I liked What you Say what you Do the most, but there were some problems I had:
1. The guitar faded from being to far in the back to far in the front in many of the songs.
2. Not enough horns! Ask for more brass
3. It was kinda slow for skapunk, but it was good.

Analysis: I'm positive that, like most ska bands, they'd be better live, but I still enjoyed it nontheless.
yeah they have crappy recordings they are a lot better live

Original prankstA
02-01-2006, 12:42 PM
and i agree they do need more horns, for some odd reason they use the saxaphone the way that other bands use their horns

Original prankstA
03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
http://www.battleofthebands.com/bb10/bands/fortylashes/
please go here and listen to each song the whole way through, they're trying to get into warped tour and the more plays the better the chances