PDA

View Full Version : Jack Control Stabbed and Hospitalized

>:->
01-31-2006, 04:41 PM

Date: Jan 31, 2006 4:54 PM
Subject: Jack Control is in the hospital and needs help
Body: (REPOST)

I already donated some cash via. I urge everyone who has ever met Jack, listened to his bands, or supported his record label to do the same! I heard his bills are up around $80,000 now. There has to be at least 80,000 myspace crusties, so if we all donate as little as a dollar each he'll be back on his feet in no time!
-steve

PLEASE HELP OUT A BROTHER. This weekend, Jack Control (singer for Severed Head of State & World Burns To Death) was stabbed in the mid-section while breaking up a fight. It was a deep stab that nearly hit his heart (missed by less than 1cm). He lost more than half his blood supply at the scene and nearly died. He had immediate surgery and is now in stable condition...but he's not alright. Besides being in an excruciating amount of pain, his hospital bills are already OUTRAGEOUS. If you can help in ANY way, please contact Timmy Hefner via MySpace or better yet send money via PayPal to: timmythetexasturd@gmail.com. Timmy is handling pretty much all of Jack's contact with the outside world right now since Jack is not able to do so himself. Please read this bulletin from Ashley below:

REPOST FROM ASHLEY/SIGNAL LOST

Q: Who the hell would stab Jack Control?
A: ... a fucking hobo crusty jackass... Ok so here is an update:
There was a large show on North Loop on Saturday night. At the end of the night some random trainhopper kids got rowdy. One guy kicked in the window of The Parlor (the pizza place Jazzys family owns) Jazzy, Zack and Jack went outside to confront these guys and a big mess broke out. Jack stepped in to stop one of these guys from hitting jazzy. This is when one of the guys came from behind Jack and stabbed him in the gut. The fight pretty much ended at that point. The suspect fled & Jack started walking away and casually stated that they needed to leave. The police and EMS arrived shortly after. The guy that had stabbed Jack goes by the name of "bingo" and was arrested only a few blocks away from the scene. Jack was taken to Brackeridge hospital by EMS and was in surgry for about 4 hours... The wound went pretty deep and got really close to his heart and he lost alot of blood. He is curently recovering in ICU at Brackenridge Hospital. "bingo" is still in custody and being charged with attempted murder. Jack will be in the hospital for a few more days and his bills have gotten to over 80 thousand dollars. Timmys got a paypall account set up. And we are in the process of setting up some other things to help out with random expenses... Benifit shows can't put a dent in such expesive hospital bills but they can deff. help with other things apparently getting stabbed costs alot of money... If you want to help out with setting up shows in your city contact me. Please don't call me or e-mail me with stupid questions and hearsay gossip shit. But if you can help out let us know. Jack is pretty much the toughest guy I know and he'll be fine but seeing him in the hospital with all those machines fucking sucks. If you are a CLOSE friend of Jacks Im sure he appretiates visitors and your sent regards but please keep your visits short. And don't piss off the nurses...

you want to help out?
send money to:
timmythetexasturd@gmail.com or punkcontrol@hotmail.com

Jack's in the upper right corner:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/WBTDmembers1.jpg

Sinister
01-31-2006, 04:43 PM
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiit.

01-31-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't recommend that anyone donate any money yet because doing so could increase his total wealth and, therefore, affect the amount of state medical aid he receives, but I assure you, this is real.

01-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Go to http://www.profaneexistence.com/:
http://www.profaneexistence.com/black/coverse/Jack2.jpg

coke_a_holic
01-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Tru Punx don't die. They just get old and dye their nose hairs purple.

barangatang
01-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Upload some of his bands music for me. If his music is any good i'll donate some money to the poor bastard.

01-31-2006, 08:27 PM
How do you do that?

01-31-2006, 08:30 PM
OK OK, go to this page (http://www.hardcoreholocaust.com/id153.htm) on the Hardcore Holocaust Records site, and listen to any of the mp3s for World Burns to Death or Severed Head of State. He sings in both of these bands.

barangatang
01-31-2006, 08:30 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/

sKratch
01-31-2006, 09:55 PM
lol it's hardcore? nothx (sorry endy).

BREAK
01-31-2006, 10:14 PM
I'll give him $0.50 to buy a less dumb name.

01-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Come on, this guy got stabbed trying to break up a fight between his friends and some assholes. He's also done more for the punk community than most of us ever will. I'm not saying that you have to donate to his medical bills, but at least show a little sympathy and human compassion right now. Barangatang is the only one so far to even offer any kind words at all.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-31-2006, 11:07 PM
He's also done more for the punk community than most of us ever will.Now this sentence just makes me realize how worthless I really am. When I sat down and considered all the ways I could possibly contribute to society, damn, I should have thought to do more for the punk community instead of studying Biology for a possible future chance to assist in the advancement of medicine.

at least show a little sympathy and human compassion right now. No. I've never heard of the guy and I don't care who he is. Millions of people die every year and I don't mourn the deaths of every fucking one of them. If you can show me a legitimate reason to care about this guy croaking more than anyone else besides "He's done more for the punk community than most of us ever will," there's a small chance I might consider it. And even then I'd just hang my head for a second, maybe think for a couple more seconds, and get on with my life. But I probably won't, just because he has a really fucking stupid name.

01-31-2006, 11:12 PM
FUCK YOU!
People like you are the reason society exists as the fucking cut throat game that it is. NO FUCKING HEART! You don't have to give him any money, and you don't have to care about him personally. But the fact is this man was severely injured doing some upright, and you could have at least wished him well. "Good luck to him," that's all you had to say.

Sunny
01-31-2006, 11:27 PM
blah. if you're for real, this is really depressing. i hope he recovers and receives a proper amount of medical aid. $80k in bills? holy fuck.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-01-2006, 12:40 AM
FUCK YOU!
People like you are the reason society exists as the fucking cut throat game that it is. NO FUCKING HEART! You don't have to give him any money, and you don't have to care about him personally. But the fact is this man was severely injured doing some upright, and you could have at least wished him well. "Good luck to him," that's all you had to say.
What would that do? Nothing. Except make you feel better about your stupid little punk hero. I always wish for the general well-being of people. I hope everyone who is suffering in such a way pulls through. But seeing as I've never heard of this guy, he's had no impact on my life, and you can't come up with a better reason to give this guy special attention than "He's done a lot for the punk community," then I will treat him no differently than the guy in China who died as I wrote this sentence. By doing nothing.

Oh, and Re: your first sentence-- FUCKING HILARIOUS!!! Totally sigged. And fuck you for saying I have no heart when I actually plan on doing something for this "cut throat society" besides bitch about how cut-throat it is. And maybe if you didn't choose to perceive society that way, you'd get more out of life. You against the world tends to be a lopsided matchup.

02-01-2006, 04:35 AM
"Poster ruffles the feathers of strangers by telling a critically injured man to fuck off. News at 11:00."

XYlophonetreeZ
02-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Please show me where I told him to fuck off. Interesting how you came up with that.

nieh
02-01-2006, 08:16 AM
blah. if you're for real, this is really depressing. i hope he recovers and receives a proper amount of medical aid. $80k in bills? holy fuck.

I'm assuming that was exaggerated. I've never heard of something being that expensive for a STAB WOUND even if they did almost die from it.

And not to be disrespectful, but why should I donate money to him over any other random person? I mean, best of luck to the guy, I hope he pulls through, but what makes him so special compared to anyone else?

02-01-2006, 09:03 AM
It's just that if you're familiar with hardcore punk today, you know who Jack Conrow is and all the work he's done for a DIY community. It's like he's given you a lot, so now give him something back when he really needs it. Of course, if you're not familiar with hardcore punk today, no one would expect you to know who this guy is. I just posted about it on the off chance that someone might know who he is and want to help out, possibly from buying records from Profane Existence. In reality, I did not expect most people here to know who he is, even if they just offered a few kinds words about a quick recovery.

And to XYlophonetreeZ, I know you didn't say that specifically, but that was the nature of what you did say. I don't want to propogate this juvenille internet fight any further, so I'm not going to add anything else to it as long as it doesn't get all worked up again.

UgLy_eLf
02-01-2006, 03:57 PM
The stab wound was a centimeter off of hitting his heart, I'd expect rocketing medical bills. A friend of mine went in for an eye infection and it cost him 250$ for a tiny bottle of anti biotics...honestly rediculous......

Profane Existence huh? Who are you >:->?

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-01-2006, 04:00 PM
If he's a big punk star, wouldn't he have through-the-roof health insurance?

Sin Studly
02-01-2006, 04:06 PM
XYlophonetreeZ is 100% right. Why should we give a fuck about him? He had a life good enough to dress like a retard, play (presumably) shitty music, and get paid for it. Now he's been stabbed, all so tragicly, but that shit happens. Why should people care enough about him to give him $80k. Is his contribution to the 'punk community' so valuable that it makes his life more important than that of an entire village of Somalians who could eat for years on half that amount? The lives of four or five hundred people living in abject poverty and starvation are worth less than some spoiled punk singer who got himself stabbed like a stupid rock star?

Fuck Jack Conrad or whatever his name was.

02-01-2006, 04:39 PM
[sigh...]
This is just disappointing...

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Give us one good reason why we should value his life over someone else's.

02-01-2006, 05:33 PM
All of you are missing the point. Don't give the dude any money. Don't do it. Give your money to Samolian villagers, or the Red Cross, or the starving children's fund or whatever. Or keep your money and buy records if you want. I just have no idea why some of you have come here with all this aggression and anger. The man is injured, and I don't understand why no one can simply wish him well. Civility costs nothing.

To answer your question, his life is equal with all the rest in the world. You shouldn't value it specifically if you don't want to.

Sin Studly
02-01-2006, 05:35 PM
If we took the time to care about every injured stranger, we wouldn't have much time to care about things that matter.

barangatang
02-01-2006, 05:41 PM
The guys band sucks.

02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I kind of had a feeling you wouldn't like it.

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2006, 05:44 PM
All of you are missing the point.

No, you are missing EVERYONE ELSE'S point. You keep harping on about the money aspect when no one's complained about that since the early part of this thread.

Shut the fuck up and read this:

Give us one good reason why we should value his life over someone else's.

The fact that it took you so long to come up with a reasonable reponse to this is the reason you're getting so much animosity here.

Everything XYlophonetreeZ said is right (as usual), and for you to condemn him for caring more about billions out there in the world more than he cares about this one moron he's never heard of is ludicrous.

Also, you can't tell people how to feel. If they want to have little to no compassion at any given time for any given person, then that is THEIR RIGHT. If you want to change this fact, work at it, don't bitch about it.

02-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Also, you can't tell people how to feel. If they want to have little to no compassion at any given time for any given person, then that is THEIR RIGHT.

By your logic, I should tolerate racists, sexists, homophobes, and the likes of that. I don't agree with your line of thought.

Also, I condemned no one for caring about the other billions of people in the world. I just said that if someone wants to help out Samolian villagers, the Red Cross, etc., they should do it. Donate, volunteer, do whatever: just do something to make this world better.

Again, these antagonistic bursts astound me, but in all honesty, I should not expect the strongest support for the punk community here. This is simply a conclusion that I have come to over the course of the past few months.

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2006, 05:52 PM
By your logic, I should tolerate racists, sexists, homophobes, and the likes of that. I don't agree with your line of thought.

No, by my logic you should work to erase racism, sexism, and homophobia on a larger scale than just an Internet message board. That's what I do.

02-01-2006, 05:53 PM
you should work to erase racism, sexism, and homophobia on a larger scale than just an Internet message board. That's what I do.

I agree and practice similar things in my own life.

barangatang
02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
I kind of had a feeling you wouldn't like it.
Yeah, but the bands name is pretty wicked.

If we took the time to care about every injured stranger, we wouldn't have much time to care about things that matter.
I'm sure peta would love to hear that.

Sin Studly
02-01-2006, 06:02 PM
How old are you? Sooner or later you're gonna have to realise that the 'punk community' isn't 'changing the world', and never will.

02-01-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm not referring to changing the world, I'm referring to supporting like-minded individuals in their hours of need. Like I said, I didn't think there'd be much support here.

Sin Studly
02-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Why do people who dress like morons and play in shitty bands deserve more support than people who live lifetimes of need?

Mota Boy
02-01-2006, 07:40 PM
I can't help but think that if he actually was a good musician, he'd have enough money to pay his bills. Maybe he shouldn't've spent so much time helping out the punk community and instead gotten an actual job.

Homer
02-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Ok, first off, I admit that it's a stupid defense to say that he's done a lot for the punk community. But, I mean, you guys shouldn't be "ratting" (?) on him this bad (even if it isn't "bad") for asking for some sympathy for this guy. You can say that he's no different than a guy dieing in China, but after reading this, you know more about him than the guy in China. So the comparison doesn't work. See? Like he's said many times, he's not asking you to donate money. If you don't give a fuck about it, then why the hell would you post? Also, saying that you can feed many people with 80k isn't a very good opposition. I mean, is he really going to read that and tell the guy who organized this to stop what he's doing? No. When this guy recieves the money, will he choose starving people over his life? No. So why would you tell the guy who made this thread that? Finally, he made this thread in hopes of finding another person who listens to this guy's music. Do you? No? Well then, just ignore this thread and move on. Or, are you angry that he took a minute out of your reading time? Seriously, I don't see any reason why you guys are insulting (if you think it's the wrong word: http://thesaurus.reference.com) him.

Anyways, 80,000 is a lot of money for a stab wound... thank god I live in Canada.

Sin Studly
02-01-2006, 08:37 PM
I hope he dies. That'd be cool.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Homer, I think you're missing a couple of things. First, I responded initially to the symbol guy's somewhat condescending claim that "he's done more for the punk community than most of us ever will." Also, he TOLD people who'd never heard of him to "show a little human compassion," and then said I have no heart because I care about people's suffering everywhere and not just in the punk community.

And what kind of horse shit is this about how I should give this guy some kind of special sympathy just because I've heard of him as a result of this thread? Any idiot could dig up whatever dead or dying name from the news or anything and post about it. To that, you might say "well, don't post here." Well, I wasn't going to until I saw some comments by (symbols) that I thought were ignorant or condescending. I never told this Jack Control guy to "fuck off" or even implied it, as this symbol guy said. If you read my other posts in this thread, you will see that I only responded where I had a direct problem with something that the symbol guy posted.

Homer
02-01-2006, 09:04 PM
blah.

XYlophonetreeZ, I think you're missing a couple of things. The very FIRST sentence of my last post said that I know that the whole punk community thing was stupid. Well, he's stupid anyways. But the reason I said what I said is because well, you (guys) basically attacked one thing he mentioned. Which is that he has done something for the punk community (I'm not saying that I stand for the punk thing). He also said you have no heart because you basically said that you don't give a fuck about this guy anymore that another guy. But what does that matter? If you care about people dieing, well here you go. Someone is dieing. Where's your sympathy?

And what kind of horse shit is this about how I should give this guy some kind of special sympathy just because I've heard of him as a result of this thread? Any idiot could dig up whatever dead or dying name from the news or anything and post about it.

Of course someone can do that, but you KNOW about this guy more than someone else who's information HASN'T been pulled from somewhere.

Also, I even stated that this (symbol) guy had a very shitty defense, but I mean, do you guys really need to insult this guy about having sympathy for someone and getting angry when people shoot his ideas down?

I did read your posts, read mine before you respond.

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2006, 09:29 PM
To give a short answer to Homer: the fact is, symbol kid handled it horribly. That is why he got such venomous responses...not necessarily because of his actual views on the subject, though those count too.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-01-2006, 09:35 PM
XYlophonetreeZ, I think you're missing a couple of things.That was cute.
The very FIRST sentence of my last post said that I know that the whole punk community thing was stupid. Well, he's stupid anyways. But the reason I said what I said is because well, you (guys) basically attacked one thing he mentioned. Which is that he has done something for the punk community (I'm not saying that I stand for the punk thing). He also said you have no heart because you basically said that you don't give a fuck about this guy anymore that another guy. But what does that matter? If you care about people dieing, well here you go. Someone is dieing. Where's your sympathy?
Right here.
I always wish for the general well-being of people. I hope everyone who is suffering in such a way pulls through. There. See, it just doesn't DO anything for me to say I'm any more sorry for this guy. And (symbols) is making me LESS inclined to do so by being a moron and an asshole about it. He's hurting his case. People die. People get stabbed. Tough shit. I posted in this thread to call Symbol Dude out on some shit he said, and just because I stopped by doesn't mean I'm obligated to make a sympathy post. This Jack Control guy doesn't mean shit to me. HUMANITY does. It means a fuck of a lot. But why give his case special sympathy in this thread?

you basically said that you don't give a fuck about this guy anymore that another guy Right there. The above statement is correct. I hope that there isn't anything wrong with what that opinion. If you say that there is, I just might laugh.

Of course someone can do that, but you KNOW about this guy more than someone else whose information HASN'T been pulled from somewhere.OK. Fine. But you first.
http://www.thewall-usa.com/cgi-bin/casday.cgi
Those are the names of a few hundred veterans that died on this day in Vietnam. They all sacrificed themselves in a senseless war and probably did more to deserve respect than this hardcore punk idol. Anyway, since I gave you the link, you KNOW about them now. So please take the time to show some fucking sympathy and compassion for each one individually. In writing. On this message board.

Also, I even stated that this (symbol) guy had a very shitty defense, but I mean, do you guys really need to insult this guy about having sympathy for someone and getting angry when people shoot his ideas down?
Yes, because his ideas are stupid and delusional.

Not Ozymandias
02-01-2006, 09:54 PM
I hope he dies. That'd be cool.
The best would be if he lost his anal virginity to his coroner.

*looks back at the pictures*

Actually I think that ship has already sailed...

Homer
02-01-2006, 10:08 PM
That was cute.

I aim to please ;).

Right here.

Ok then, fair enough. I guess I just didn't remember it.

Right there. The above statement is correct. I hope that there isn't anything wrong with what that opinion. If you say that there is, I just might laugh.

Did I say there was anything wrong with that? I also share the same opinion, that's why I said many times already, I think this (symbols) guy's defense is stupid.

http://www.thewall-usa.com/cgi-bin/casday.cgi
Those are the names of a few hundred veterans that died on this day in Vietnam. They all sacrificed themselves in a senseless war and probably did more to deserve respect than this hardcore punk idol. Anyway, since I gave you the link, you KNOW about them now. So please take the time to show some fucking sympathy and compassion for each one individually. In writing. On this message board.

KENNETH HOSEA ALBRITTON
I feel sorry that he was pulled away from his wife to go to the war, and to die at the young age of 21 and after only 6 days of being there. He died for us and our countries.

FRANCIS MONROE ALLEN JR
I also feel sorry that he was pulled away from his wife to go to war, and also to die at the even younger age of 19 when his life was just getting started also after only 6 days. He is a hero.

RICHARD ANDREW ALM
Maybe not as young as the two others mentioned, but he was still just as much as a hero as the rest, even after dieing on his first day of duty.

WALTER PETER AUGUSTINAS
Again, at the young age of 21, he has done a lot for his country in the 2 and a half months he had on duty. Another great hero.

JACKSON DILLON BARNES
Again, young and married, helped his country and fought for freedom in his month of duty. Yet another hero.

WILLIE JAMES BARNES
Although he was among the youngest there, he still fought jus as much as everyone else for his country. He aslso fought for a long time, 4 and a half months. A great hero.

PAUL G BAST
At 28 years of age, he lost his life to a wing error on his plane. He too will be remembered as a hero.

MERRILL VAN BEASLEY
Even at the young age of 19, he went to fight for our freedom. Another great hero.

JAMES THOMAS BERGEN III
He left his wife to fight for what our countries stand for, and faced fear head on. He is a hero.

WILLIAM ARTHUR BEYER
His life was taken at the age of 20, yet he died fighting for our freedom and rights. He died a hero.

There, that's everyone from the first page. Did I need to do it? No. But what I can tell you is that I did ten times the amount of what you had to do. Isn't very hard, is it? So, where's yours?

Again, I will say it. I don't think that this (symbol) guy's defense was good, but the point of this is that just because this "Jack" guy apparently means something to him, and when he expressed that (maybe a little misguided, but you damn-well know exactly what he was going for with that post) you guys just went and insulted him because you took it too literally. That's why I basically made these posts.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Ah, the benefits of winning the alphabetical lottery. Don't you feel bad for the rest of them?

Homer
02-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Of course I do. That was a stupid question to ask. But as I said, I did ten times the amount of you could've just done in the first place, and as you claimed that you feel sorry for everyone who suffers. And you and I both know that I can't do one for EVERYONE on that site, but if you NEED it, then I'll sum it all up:

Everyone who fought for that country, their rights, and their freedoms in that war are true heros. Heros who didn't back down in the face of fear. Heros who fought for what we live for today. Heros who will never be forgotten.

Well there you go. Happy? Are you going to share, or just sit there and use those people's names as a form of "pwnage"? I'm sure that's why their names are on that site.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Everyone who fought for that country, their rights, and their freedoms in that war are true heros. Heros who didn't back down in the face of fear. Heros who fought for what we live for today. Heros who will never be forgotten.
Ha ha, you could have just said that originally with the same overall effect. Instead you wasted time looking at the info sections about those A names and summarizing them on here.

But let me ask you this. If such a summation of an expression of sympathy for multiple people is acceptable, then how is it any different from this?
Those are the names of a few hundred veterans that died on this day in Vietnam. They all sacrificed themselves in a senseless war and probably did more to deserve respect than this hardcore punk idol.
Or... this?
I always wish for the general well-being of people. I hope everyone who is suffering in such a way pulls through.
To give excessive individual recognition to someone belittles the rest of the people deserving of our sympathy, especially when done as the result of another's pressure. Kind of like what you and the symbol guy want me to do for Jack Control. Kind of like what you just did with those A names. Nobody has a moral obligation to recognize everyone as individuals, and anyone who tries to will waste their life away.

I hope he dies. That'd be cool.^Sometimes I wonder why I don't take this path. Convince everyone that you're an incurably malevolent asshole so that they don't bother fighting with you. It would rid me of boring, repetitive arguments like the one I'm having.

Homer
02-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Ha ha, you could have just said that originally with the same overall effect. Instead you wasted time looking at the info sections about those A names and summarizing them on here.

Fuck, are you stupid? No really, explain to me what you were thinking when you made this reply. I TOLD YOU, I DID TEN (that's 10 in the form of a number) TIMES WHAT YOU HAD TO DO. I don't give a shit whether or not summarizing something has the same effect, but I did that just to show you how fucking easy it is to do that, instead of going over and starting a pointless arguement.

But let me ask you this. If such a summation of an expression of sympathy for multiple people is acceptable, then how is it any different from this?

Because that would be a comparison, not an actual summary. It would be a 100 percent if you didn't mention the "punk idol" but, you know, some people like to make senseless jabs at nothing. Also, I didn't mention this Jack guy, now did I?

Or... this?

You say that, yet when you're presented with someone who is suffering, you suddenly must mention every single person who is suffering. It doesn't make you look like a great individual, seeing as how that's probably almost everyone's thought on the subject of suffering.

To give excessive individual recognition to someone belittles the rest of the people deserving of our sympathy, especially when done as the result of another's pressure. Kind of like what you and the symbol guy want me to do for Jack Control. Kind of like what you just did with those A names. Nobody has a moral obligation to recognize everyone as individuals, and anyone who tries to will waste their life away.

You asked me to do the thing with the war veterans, and I did. How many times must I mention the number 10? Anyways, read what I wrote up there ^. It only "belittles" someone when one is aware of that person in the same condition, and as I said, I couldn't possibly say something about EVERYONE on that site. One question, would you act the same if, let's say, your mother was dieing? No, you wouldn't just go and say "there are many others with your condition, so I shouldn't focus my attention on you." Because, that's basically the examples you're giving off right now.

It would rid me of boring, repetitive arguments like the one I'm having.

You make them repetitive by bringing up things that mean nothing and have been already explained for, because your arrogance in arguements blind you from seeing what the other person is trying to get across. But, nice try with the whole "I'm the more superior one in this arguement, and this guy's just wasting his time" bit.

Endymion
02-01-2006, 11:23 PM
lol it's hardcore? nothx (sorry endy).
psh. get with the times, lover. i listen to jazz, jazzcore, noise, noise rock, noisecore, dancecore, post-hardcore, grindcore and some modern/contemporary classical.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Fuck, are you stupid? No really, explain to me what you were thinking when you made this reply. I TOLD YOU, I DID TEN (that's 10 in the form of a number) TIMES WHAT YOU HAD TO DO. I don't give a shit whether or not summarizing something has the same effect, but I did that just to show you how fucking easy it is to do that, instead of going over and starting a pointless arguement.
Idiot, I was MAKING FUN OF YOU when I gave you that website. I didn't expect you to actually go to the trouble of looking up those ten people, and it amused me that you did, furthermore thinking that YOU were proving your point against ME in doing so. It proved my theory that you actually think that formally recognizing whatever quantity of people you're RANDOMLY presented with somehow makes you more righteous. And don't even try to tell me that I "had" to do anything. Lots of people read this thread and didn't reply. I replied, not out of disrespect for this Jack guy, but out of disagreement with this symbol guy, who, you're at least intelligent enough to agree, is an idiot. The symbol guy also made a thread about a punk singer who died that got no replies whatsoever. Not even from you. The standards should not be any different.

Because that would be a comparison, not an actual summary. It would be a 100 percent if you didn't mention the "punk idol" but, you know, some people like to make senseless jabs at nothing. Also, I didn't mention this Jack guy, now did I?You're eluding the point. Yeah, I threw in Jack, but it was on the veterans' behalf, which only contributes to their collective recognition and sympathy, which we both expressed.

You say that, yet when you're presented with someone who is suffering, you suddenly must mention every single person who is suffering. It doesn't make you look like a great individualNeither does throwing in a bullshit sympathy reply for someone I don't care about any MORE than everyone else. I brought up the other people suffering to explain that point, not to seem like a great individual. And I never claimed that my view of humanity was original.

You asked me to do the thing with the war veterans, and I did. How many times must I mention the number 10? Anyways, read what I wrote up there ^. It only "belittles" someone when one is aware of that person in the same condition, and as I said, I couldn't possibly say something about EVERYONE on that site. One question, would you act the same if, let's say, your mother was dieing? No, you wouldn't just go and say "there are many others with your condition, so I shouldn't focus my attention on you." Because, that's basically the examples you're giving off right now.
What a fucking dumb argument. Short answer: Jack Control isn't my mother. He's not >:->'s mother either.

You make them repetitive by bringing up things that mean nothing and have been already explained for, because your arrogance in arguements blind you from seeing what the other person is trying to get across. But, nice try with the whole "I'm the more superior one in this arguement, and this guy's just wasting his time" bit.
I think I'm the superior one?! Oh noez! It's not as if that's the POINT of an argument or anything, is it? If you don't think you're superior right now, why are you arguing? Why did you call me an idiot in the first paragraph? And don't claim that I'm "blinded by my arrogance and therefore can't see what you're trying to get across" just because you've failed to persuade me thus far. That was a baseless statement and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about with that.

This is a pretty stupid argument though, for this reason: I said early on that I always wish for people's general well-being- which, to this point, is the only small portion of my argument that you've conceded to (although it seems you've tried to turn it around in this post, saying that I'm trying to look like a "great individual" or some shit). But I can almost guarantee you, if I had just thrown in one bullshit sentence right after that saying "Yes, and that includes Jack Control"- which I thought about writing, verbatim- we wouldn't be having this argument. I just assumed that it wasn't necessary, since he's very obviously included. Plus, I don't like of giving extra sympathy when I have no honest feelings of extra sympathy.

Homer
02-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Idiot, I was MAKING FUN OF YOU when I gave you that website. I didn't expect you to actually go to the trouble of looking up those ten people, and it amused me that you did, furthermore thinking that YOU were proving your point against ME in doing so. It proved my theory that you actually think that formally recognizing whatever quantity of people you're RANDOMLY presented with somehow makes you more righteous. And don't even try to tell me that I "had" to do anything.

Oh, so those names were just used as and object for an insult. Nice. Oh wait, and you also found it amusing as I showed sympathy for them? Wow, good one. You got me there (sarcasm, because some people just don't get it... and I guess I might add that I'm not accusing you of not catching it).

Lots of people read this thread and didn't reply. I replied, not out of disrespect for this Jack guy, but out of disagreement with this symbol guy, who, you're at least intelligent enough to agree, is an idiot.

See, now this is what I was waiting for. A simple explanation such as this one.

The symbol guy also made a thread about a punk singer who died that got no replies whatsoever. Not even from you. The standards should not be any different.

Anyways, 80,000 is a lot of money for a stab wound...

Uh... ok... is this not a reply to the subject of this thread?

You're eluding the point. Yeah, I threw in Jack, but it was on the veterans' behalf, which only contributes to their collective recognition and sympathy, which we both expressed.

Fair enough.

Neither does throwing in a bullshit sympathy reply for someone I don't care about any MORE than everyone else. I brought up the other people suffering to explain that point, not to seem like a great individual. And I never claimed that my view of humanity was original.

I obviously know that showing sympathy for this guy doesn't show that you're a better individual, because that's not what I said. But you seemed as if you were trying to say that instead of caring about this guy, that we should focus our attention on others. By the way, seemed is the key word.

What a fucking dumb argument. Short answer: Jack Control isn't my mother. He's not >:->'s mother either.

The reason why I used the "mother" EXAMPLE is because you seem to be pressing this "I sympathize everyone's suffering in general, instead of wasting it one person" idea so much, that it seems that it'd apply to everything else. Which brings me back to the point I made of who would you sympathize more (if you were given this exact information): Jack (Info from this thread) or a guy was stabbed in China? Try seperating 100 in half. I'm guessing it would be 51/49 seeing as how you know how Jack was stabbed, and also a possible scenario for the guy in China could be like a gang war something (I'm sure you get my point with this).

I think I'm the superior one?! Oh noez! It's not as if that's the POINT of an argument or anything, is it? If you don't think you're superior right now, why are you arguing?

Oh don't me wrong, that statement was made because of the pointlessness of your statement and because it was a "cheap shot". I didn't "claim" anything, but you DID claim that I thought I was more righteous. So, why all defensive when I apparently claim something of you? Also, I don't think anyone in an arguement is "superior" until it's over, or until one of the people argueing has nowhere else to go in it. Sort of like a fight.

Why did you call me an idiot in the first paragraph?

I didn't, but you called me an idiot in your first sentence.

And don't claim that I'm "blinded by my arrogance and therefore can't see what you're trying to get across" just because you've failed to persuade me thus far. That was a baseless statement and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about with that.

I said that because it seems (ah, there's that key word again) as if you're misinterpreting what I'm writing.

This is a pretty stupid argument though, for this reason: I said early on that I always wish for people's general well-being- which, to this point, is the only small portion of my argument that you've conceded to (although it seems you've tried to turn it around in this post, saying that I'm trying to look like a "great individual" or some shit). But I can almost guarantee you, if I had just thrown in one bullshit sentence right after that saying "Yes, and that includes Jack Control"- which I thought about writing, verbatim- we wouldn't be having this argument. I just assumed that it wasn't necessary, since he's very obviously included. Plus, I don't like of giving extra sympathy when I have no honest feelings of extra sympathy.

I believe this arguement started because you guys insulted him for not a very big reason. Also, sympathy is words that help others, so tell me, why not help instead of making people feel like they're unimportant? Because if you would've included those words (sympathy is words...), then things would've been much different. However, if you would've just said you always wish for the well being (etc.) and nothing else, then we wouldn't be having this arguement.

But whatever, my points have been made. So unless you want to "continue" then go ahead. But I do understand what you're trying to say, and I agree with a lot of it. But obviously, there are still things that I have a problem with. So, we can just end this here, and I hope you're thinking the same.

Andy
02-02-2006, 01:14 AM
Just another reason why British people should be greatful for the NHS, and free healthcare.

Sin Studly
02-02-2006, 01:17 AM
^Sometimes I wonder why I don't take this path. Convince everyone that you're an incurably malevolent asshole so that they don't bother fighting with you. It would rid me of boring, repetitive arguments like the one I'm having.

But then you wouldn't have been able to convince the idiot to give his little eulogies on the veterens. Oh, and I am an incurably malevolent asshole.

Mota Boy
02-02-2006, 05:38 AM
KENNETH HOSEA ALBRITTON
I feel sorry that he was pulled away from his wife to go to the war, and to die at the young age of 21 and after only 6 days of being there. He died for us and our countries.

FRANCIS MONROE ALLEN JR
I also feel sorry that he was pulled away from his wife to go to war, and also to die at the even younger age of 19 when his life was just getting started also after only 6 days. He is a hero.

RICHARD ANDREW ALM
Maybe not as young as the two others mentioned, but he was still just as much as a hero as the rest, even after dieing on his first day of duty.

WALTER PETER AUGUSTINAS
Again, at the young age of 21, he has done a lot for his country in the 2 and a half months he had on duty. Another great hero.

JACKSON DILLON BARNES
Again, young and married, helped his country and fought for freedom in his month of duty. Yet another hero.

WILLIE JAMES BARNES
Although he was among the youngest there, he still fought jus as much as everyone else for his country. He aslso fought for a long time, 4 and a half months. A great hero.

PAUL G BAST
At 28 years of age, he lost his life to a wing error on his plane. He too will be remembered as a hero.

MERRILL VAN BEASLEY
Even at the young age of 19, he went to fight for our freedom. Another great hero.

JAMES THOMAS BERGEN III
He left his wife to fight for what our countries stand for, and faced fear head on. He is a hero.

WILLIAM ARTHUR BEYER
His life was taken at the age of 20, yet he died fighting for our freedom and rights. He died a hero.
Now do everyone that's died in Iraq so far. I can find links.

ruroken
02-02-2006, 08:22 AM
FUCK YOU!
...Shut up. I doubt you give a single bit of shit if anyone else was/is in the hospital.

notoriousdoc
02-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Severed Head of State
For that band's name only, I don't give a flying fuck about whether he gets any money

XYlophonetreeZ
02-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Oh, so those names were just used as and object for an insult. Nice. Oh wait, and you also found it amusing as I showed sympathy for them? Yeah, as a matter of fact, it was amusing. As for the claim that I used the names as an object for insult, look deep inside yourself and ask yourself if you really, honestly care. You probably don't. Besides, I did give them credit for their service and senseless deaths, which I don't care to quote yet again.

See, now this is what I was waiting for. A simple explanation such as this one.Well, it was kind of the first thing I said to you, in slightly different words.

First, I responded initially to the symbol guy's somewhat condescending claim that "he's done more for the punk community than most of us ever will."

Uh... ok... is this not a reply to the subject of this thread?I was referring to another thread. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21180)

The reason why I used the "mother" EXAMPLE is because you seem to be pressing this "I sympathize everyone's suffering in general, instead of wasting it one person" idea so much, that it seems that it'd apply to everything else.Then why did I ASK the symbol guy to give a good reason to mourn this guy MORE? I told him that if he could find a better reason, I'd be more sympathetic, implying just the opposite of what you think I seem to stand for, which is that no one should ever be more sympathetic to one specific death than another, ever. My mother very obviously would not even come close to the same category as Jack Control. Sorry, but the "mother" thing was the low point of your entire argument.

Which brings me back to the point I made of who would you sympathize more (if you were given this exact information): Jack (Info from this thread) or a guy was stabbed in China? Try seperating 100 in half. I'm guessing it would be 51/49 seeing as how you know how Jack was stabbed, and also a possible scenario for the guy in China could be like a gang war something (I'm sure you get my point with this).I really, really don't.

Oh don't me wrong, that statement was made because of the pointlessness of your statement and because it was a "cheap shot". I didn't "claim" anything, but you DID claim that I thought I was more righteous. So, why all defensive when I apparently claim something of you? Also, I don't think anyone in an arguement is "superior" until it's over, or until one of the people argueing has nowhere else to go in it. Sort of like a fight.Actually, you claimed that I was blinded by my arrogance, when in reality you just hadn't persuaded me.

I didn't, but you called me an idiot in your first sentence.My mistake. You didn't call me an idiot. You called me stupid.

I believe this arguement started because you guys insulted him for not a very big reason. Also, sympathy is words that help others, so tell me, why not help instead of making people feel like they're unimportant? Because if you would've included those words (sympathy is words...), then things would've been much different. However, if you would've just said you always wish for the well being (etc.) and nothing else, then we wouldn't be having this arguement.
Sure, sympathy is words that help others, but it's irrelevant here. If I had robotically said "Gee, I really hope Jack Control pulls through," then it wouldn't help him. It might make symbol guy feel better, but he was being an ass and I didn't particularly want him to feel better. And your eulogies for the veterans didn't help anyone either.

But whatever, my points have been made. So unless you want to "continue" then go ahead. But I do understand what you're trying to say, and I agree with a lot of it. But obviously, there are still things that I have a problem with. So, we can just end this here, and I hope you're thinking the same.Yeah, let's end this shit. You say that you understood what I was trying to say, so I threw in this last reply to clear up some things that maybe you didn't understand.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-02-2006, 07:16 PM
But then you wouldn't have been able to convince the idiot to give his little eulogies on the veterens. Oh, and I am an incurably malevolent asshole.
I know you are. But where would you be without your many imitators?

You do have a point about the eulogies. I'm still cracking up over those.