PDA

View Full Version : Atom In Offspring

Dexter_H
01-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Now shut up would you.

Camilamazed
01-31-2006, 11:26 PM
*Bounces*

Nothing better than knowing it from the band.....

FUCK ALL THE RUMORS.........

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Let's Get Some Drinks And Get The Party Started!

tkum
01-31-2006, 11:28 PM
*Bounces*

Nothing better than knowing it from the band.....

FUCK ALL THE RUMORS.........
hahah thats what i reckon,

so can we name that "guy" who worked with the offspring yet ?

Camilamazed
01-31-2006, 11:30 PM
hahah thats what i reckon,

so can we name that "guy" who worked with the offspring yet ?

Didn't get you, sorry :o

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-31-2006, 11:33 PM
I know what he's talking about, about how he talked to his "friend" on msn?

bd007h
01-31-2006, 11:33 PM
There's not much I can say except.....

THANK FUCKING GOD. IT'S ABOUT TIME.

and

FUCK AVA

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-31-2006, 11:35 PM
HELL YEAH!... Tom isn't that great at guitar anyway, the real skill is with the Offspring, Atom! :p

bd007h
01-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Tom Delonge just sucks at life

Camilamazed
01-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Ahhhhhh

How Happy I am.......

Man........... I can stil count on them to have happy moments in my life.....

By the way, who's AVA? And who's that friend you're all talking about?

bd007h
01-31-2006, 11:42 PM
AVA = Angels and Airwaves. Atom's new side project with former Blink 182 member Tom Delonge.

Dexter_H
01-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Can you find that thread where that jerk said that Atom left the band? Did they delete it or something?

Camilamazed
01-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks Brett......

I think that thread was deleted...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dexter Pwned the false rumors........

MY HERO

:D

Dexter_H
01-31-2006, 11:50 PM
No way, all those rumours and our whines pwned the Offspring, and made them crack.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-31-2006, 11:58 PM
I gotta say, that is pretty damn funny ^

Camilamazed
02-01-2006, 12:01 AM
It is......

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-01-2006, 12:25 AM
"So whats all this were hearing from you guys about us not writing to the website enough?! Yeah, we know. We check up on you guys and see what youre writing on our BBS."

From Dexters journal, i bet Noodles dobbed on us today at the recording studio! lol :rolleyes:

Dexter_H
02-01-2006, 12:30 AM
For sure, he [Noodles] was viewing a thread about not letting us know what's going on for about half an hour.

Llamas
02-01-2006, 12:48 AM
I'm behind on offspring news... was atom not officially in the band this whole time? I totally didn't know that... and I would've been very upset if he'd done a project with tom from blink... that'd be sick.

Dexter_H
02-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Okay, he has always been with the offspring (well since 2003) but he DID do a side project with Tom from Blink-182 called Angles and Airwaves. During this time a number of rumours were developed that Atom had left and joined AVA full time. However, Dexter has now confirmed that Atom is still with the Offspring by saying so in his journal.

Llamas
02-01-2006, 01:10 AM
Oh okay. Thanks... and what I meant was if Atom left the offspring to work with Tom, that'd suck. I wouldn't care if he did both. He's a great drummer for the band, I think.

Kitten
02-01-2006, 01:10 AM
Can you find that thread where that jerk said that Atom left the band? Did they delete it or something?

That thread got deleted.

Dexter_H
02-01-2006, 01:19 AM
Okay then, thanks.

Tijs
02-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Hoo-fucking-ray! :D

platinumpt
02-01-2006, 02:55 AM
YEAH!!! *jumps up and down*

This is terrific news! Thank God I checked out the website this morning. It made my day better, definitely. I love you guys.

icklebabygremlin
02-01-2006, 03:21 AM
:D YES! *starts shooting fingers in the air* :D

YOU GOTTA LOVE ATOM!

[Fucking crap lil shite ava band...Grrr...Tom Debong..fucking stoner :p ]

Dexter_H
02-01-2006, 03:36 AM
It's not as though the Offspring aren't stoners as well. Come on, just look at Noodles, I don't think he ever gets off the Hemp.

Dex90
02-01-2006, 03:51 AM
Omg!!! Im Sooooo Happy Atom Is Still There!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeaahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank U Dexter!!

offspring5
02-01-2006, 04:21 AM
Hooray!!! now I hope the album will be in the stores and as soon as possible

Dexter_H
02-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Take it easy. How Dexter's talking they haven't even started writing for the new album, they are just getting into things. And even when they do record all the songs it takes a hell of a long time for remastering.

Camilamazed
02-01-2006, 06:07 AM
For sure, he [Noodles] was viewing a thread about not letting us know what's going on for about half an hour.

I still cannot believe my thread (kind of) helped us.....

Ohrtier
02-01-2006, 06:39 AM
:D YES! *starts shooting fingers in the air* :D

YOU GOTTA LOVE ATOM!

[Fucking crap lil shite ava band...Grrr...Tom Debong..fucking stoner :p ]

I totally agree with all that *lol*
I'm soooo happy now :D

Camilamazed
02-01-2006, 06:43 AM
I totally agree with all that *lol*
I'm soooo happy now :D

Just like everyone around here
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

punker
02-01-2006, 07:01 AM

did i already tell you that i love you for writing that thread?

Mimile
02-01-2006, 07:50 AM
Oh me too !!!

Camilamazed i love you soooo much !!!

Dexter_H
02-01-2006, 07:10 PM
All we need now is a section like at the No Use for a Name forum, 'Comments to the Band' and they usually reply within a day. It's pretty rad having Tony or any of the guys personally answering your questions.

Camilamazed
02-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Punker & Mimile

You gotta thank our Mod Little Miss. She'd written an email to the site admnistrator a little bit earlier than I started the thread. The email and thread worked together.

Llamas
02-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Oh I love NUFAN... I met them before I was a fan, which is sad... but I'm going to see them in a couple months, even if nobody wants to go with me :)

and what was this thread about that made things better?

Dexter_H
02-02-2006, 01:50 AM
Atom is in the band when rumours had it he had left.

vanessa
02-02-2006, 07:57 AM

the first thing i said when i posted there was thank for opening this thread.
i can`t explain what happy i am. Atom is in the band and they pay attention to our words. that`s great. i can`t beleave it.
they are really the best band in the world. :D i love them

punker
02-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Punker & Mimile

You gotta thank our Mod Little Miss. She'd written an email to the site admnistrator a little bit earlier than I started the thread. The email and thread worked together.

Then i love she too!!, thanks for writing that mail Little Miss

Camilamazed
02-02-2006, 09:03 AM
and what was this thread about that made things better?

This is the thread!!! Noodles read it!!!!!!! Yaaaaay

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21163

icklebabygremlin
02-02-2006, 09:05 AM
This is the thread!!! Noodles read it!!!!!!! Yaaaaay

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21163
You really are happy about what you've done, Hell i whould be 2 :D i like your sig btw

Camilamazed
02-02-2006, 09:09 AM
the first thing i said when i posted there was thank for opening this thread.

Anytime. I absolutely did it because I'm a fan and I know what every single one feels here. You all, just like me, were eager for news.

i can`t explain what happy i am..

No one really can. After a journal totally dedicated to us fas, I believe everything has changed now.

Atom is in the band and they pay attention to our words. that`s great. i can`t beleave it...

Yeah. Atom is going to handle us for a lonnnnnnnnnnng time now. :D

they are really the best band in the world. :D i love them..

Word. I thought I wouldn't like them more than I actually do. I was proved wrong.

Camilamazed
02-02-2006, 09:12 AM
You really are happy about what you've done, Hell i whould be 2 :D i like your sig btw

I actually didn't do it only by myself. The Mod, Little Miss, wrote an email. They worked each other.

:)

Thank you. That paragraph needed to be qouted. After all that IS the first Journal dedicated to the boards.

Dexter_H
02-03-2006, 03:46 AM
Was anyone hoping that Atom had left the band?

Rufus
02-03-2006, 01:36 PM
I wasn't I was hoping that Atom was still on the band which he is :D

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I dont really like him, I just dont think he fits in with the guys. Dont know why. Hes a badass on the drums in all, but if he did leave then that means no drummer for the rest of the album [Josh Fresse sp?] or the tour.

Original prankstA
02-03-2006, 02:00 PM
I dont really like him, I just dont think he fits in with the guys. Dont know why. Hes a badass on the drums in all, but if he did leave then that means no drummer for the rest of the album [Josh Fresse sp?] or the tour.
yeah he doesn't fit in, ron did

Llamas
02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
josh freese= HELL OF A DRUMMER. anyone like APC? Great shit.

I do like atom, though. good replacement.

neocon58
02-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Regardless of whether you think Ron 'fit in' better, he quit, Greg and Dexter have said in interviews that they can't work with him anymore.

He's gone, he's never coming back. End of story.

vanessa
02-05-2006, 06:00 AM
i think atom fits perfectly and i really like his energy and style. im really happy of having him in the band

Ceejio21
02-05-2006, 08:41 AM
After reading Dexter's post the other day, I was absolutely delighted with all of the news. Firstly that the guys were laying down some tracks in the studio and secondly that Atom was there with them doing some recording. To hear that they are also writing songs for the new album is excellent.

I have a prediction.

Atom is still very much part of The Offspring, there's no doubt about that, however (and I don't have a problem with this) but I honestly think that Josh Freese will come in and lay the drums down for the new album and then once it comes around to touring to promote the new album Atom will come back and learn all the new songs and go on tour with Dexter and co.

My reason for this:

After keeping upto date with Angels and Airwaves it sounds as though they've been doing a fair bit of rehearsing recently but they're now spending some time at home for a couple of weeks while Tom is doing some TV work (hence Atom being available to work the Offspring last week). Once the Angels and Airwaves album is released and they go on tour during the summer, Atom will be unavailable for The Offspring (hence Freese possibly coming in) as I imagine that'll be when Dexter, Noodles and Greg are ready to record. Then, as and when Angels return, it may be around the time The Offspring will be ready to go on tour.

Thing is, if it did happen that way then surely Atom would be knackered.

Ceej

noodlesisalliwant
02-05-2006, 08:45 AM
I think it's fantastic with Atom in the Band, I believe that he adds not only to the album work brilliantly, but also he contributes to the live experience. If he was to leave, the whole situation would be a mess. And im glad he's still here :D

lost_nvrfound
02-05-2006, 09:13 AM
*happy dance*

I can see, sometime in the future, probably when they are touring and some of us get to meet them, at least one BBSer spouting off about that journal entry and how excessively (almost a stalker's level of excitement when he meets and makes friends with the person he's been stalking for the last 20 years) happy they were when they saw it...

hopefully, I won't be the one to make an ass of myself in such a way...

RonWelty
02-06-2006, 10:36 AM
http://www.musicgearreview.com/article-display/1779.html

"Atom Willard (Angels & ...)" ,...he really left the band !

Kitten
02-06-2006, 10:57 AM
http://www.musicgearreview.com/article-display/1779.html

"Atom Willard (Angels & ...)" ,...he really left the band !

Did you even read the journal? Atom is going to go between the bands.

Llamas
02-06-2006, 11:23 AM
dude, of course, a person can play in two bands at once. So many punk musicians are in like 3 different bands. And ever hear of A Perfect Circle and Tool? Great example.

jesusofsuburbia3
02-06-2006, 11:51 AM
has anyone else been seeing the picture of the day thing in the top left corner of the home page? recently pictures with ron w have been showing up, not atom. and even though dex said they were working with atom, i cant really think he is permanently with offspring, because this new angels and airwaves album is supposedly recorded with god or something, tom delonge is going fucking bananas over it, i dont think he would have got atom if he wasnt sure he'd be there full time to create this new supergroup.

hm?

Kitten
02-06-2006, 12:00 PM
has anyone else been seeing the picture of the day thing in the top left corner of the home page? recently pictures with ron w have been showing up, not atom. and even though dex said they were working with atom, i cant really think he is permanently with offspring, because this new angels and airwaves album is supposedly recorded with god or something, tom delonge is going fucking bananas over it, i dont think he would have got atom if he wasnt sure he'd be there full time to create this new supergroup.

hm?

So they have a lot of photos with Ron. What's the big deal?
You people whinge that there is no official sort of statement on Atom's future with The Offspring, and then say that Dexter must be wrong, Tom is going to override everything.
Remember Boxcar Racer? That was supposed to be the next big thing to explode on our radio's, TV's and so forth. Where are they now?
If things go according to pattern, Angels and Airwaves will do something similar. Too many people associate Tom with Blink 182. The people that didn't like them will avoid it, and the people that did will basically protest to get Blink back together.

Llamas
02-06-2006, 08:50 PM
did you not read my above post, jesusofsuburbia? (bty looks like I'm not the only offspring fan who likes gd :P) people CAN play in two bands at once!! It's not magic! And it's really not that incredible. A lot of people do it, especially drummers. I have a feeling Atom is doing both bands and if he needs to pick one to stick with, he'll decide much later. But he could totally see both through. And even if he leaves the offspring, I don't see what the big fuss is over. The guys will find someone to take his spot. It's not like he's the only person who could ever fill that spot... I like him and I want him to stay, but it's not the end of the world.

Slipdog2
02-07-2006, 01:27 AM
If the offspring want a good drummer, get Joey from slipknot. That guy pounds. Then the offspring could masks and throw feces at eachother on stage yeahhhhhhhh

Dexter_H
02-07-2006, 03:58 AM
If the offspring want a good drummer, get Joey from slipknot. That guy pounds. Then the offspring could masks and throw feces at eachother on stage yeahhhhhhhh
And we would all want that.

Camilamazed
02-07-2006, 05:15 AM

Nah.. I can't beliebe I'm reading this....

icklebabygremlin
02-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Just shut up...slipknot...prfff

imissron
02-07-2006, 12:09 PM
i have accepted the fact that atom willard is now the drummer for the offspring. i dont know why i picked my name, it makes me sound girly and emotional.

Nick_MX
02-07-2006, 01:17 PM
i like atom, i saw the offpsring at Brixton this year, i thought he was tight.

Noodles- "you;re making my girlfriend horny, i'm gonna get some tonight!"

legend!

darko
02-07-2006, 01:20 PM

aye cus a goth dwarf will really complete the Offspring's image!