PDA

View Full Version : Smashing Pumpkins?

Drummerguy123
02-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Okay, I recently heard a rumor that they are getting back together? Does anyone have any info on this? Do you think it's true? I'm too lazy to research myself.

bd007h
02-01-2006, 03:41 PM
I heard that there was the possibility, but that it didn't happen.

wheelchairman
02-01-2006, 03:41 PM
They're touring this spring/summer, and an album should (this is a rumor) come out as well.

Drummerguy123
02-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I also heard a while ago that Billy Corgan is going to do a solo ablum, but I haven't seen anything since then except this rumor.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I also heard a while ago that Billy Corgan is going to do a solo ablum, but I haven't seen anything since then except this rumor.

another one from billy corgan? hmmm.... well chances are it is one or the other. i doubt he would do another solo album then make a cd with the rest of the band too.

bd007h
02-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Corgan did have a solo album come out last year or something.

bouncingcoles
02-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Okay, I recently heard a rumor that they are getting back together? Does anyone have any info on this? Do you think it's true? I'm too lazy to research myself.

as far as i know they are getting back together. i like old smashing pumpkins. i grew up with it. but i hate billy corgan. hes a fucking loser. and he insulted offspring on live television. that piece of shit

bouncingcoles
02-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Corgan did have a solo album come out last year or something.

ya and it sucked.

Original prankstA
02-01-2006, 05:03 PM
eh they're alright

Drummerguy123
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
They're touring this spring/summer, and an album should (this is a rumor) come out as well.
Wow. That would be awesome.

eh they're alright

They are by far better than The Offspring. I am a big Offspring fan, but The Smashing Pumpkins have such variety and I do believe that they were the best songwriters music has seen.

dain84
02-01-2006, 08:04 PM
as far as i know they are getting back together. i like old smashing pumpkins. i grew up with it. but i hate billy corgan. hes a fucking loser. and he insulted offspring on live television. that piece of shit
When did he do that and what did he say?

By the way, Cherub Rock is a great song.

Drummerguy123
02-01-2006, 08:06 PM
It's not like he's the first person to insult The Offspring. If I'm not mistaken, The Ramones did, too.

offspringdude17
02-02-2006, 05:34 AM
smashing pumkins sucks

ruroken
02-02-2006, 08:35 AM
whewt! I hope they do another double album like Mellon Collie!
Ooh, and want to see the Offspring bashing!

Yatesy
02-02-2006, 11:20 AM

Wow! the rumors are true!? That is GREAT news! :D

sourskittle
02-02-2006, 12:34 PM
the smashing pumpkins r back together and they have just signed a record deal, ill post the link from blabbermouth.net in a few

the_GoDdEsS
02-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Zomg, zomg? Did I hear my heart skip a beat?

Drummerguy123
02-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Where's the link!?!?!?!?!? *shivers*

sourskittle
02-04-2006, 03:18 PM
here's the article

Report: SMASHING PUMPKINS Reunion Is Underway - Feb. 2, 2006

MTV News is reporting that onetime SMASHING PUMPKINS bassist Melissa Auf Der Maur as well as an undisclosed source "close to the situation" have confirmed that PUMPKINS bandleader Billy Corgan has been working on material that will, at some point, surface in the form of a new SMASHING PUMPKINS album.

"From what I understand, Billy [will be] making a PUMPKINS record over the next little while," Auf Der Maur told MTV News last week. "Everyone knows Billy doesn't need too many people to make a PUMPKINS record, other than Jimmy [Chamberlin, longtime PUMPKINS drummer] who he has [on board]."

A spokesperson for Azoff Management confirmed Thursday (February 2) that Corgan and Chamberlin have signed on with the firm as SMASHING PUMPKINS, and that the two are writing new music. A source close to the situation told MTV News that the duo plan to record over the summer and that the new PUMPKINS could surface before the end of the year however, no definitive plans are set.

Auf Der Maur said she's not sure whether Corgan has reached out to guitarist James Iha or bassist D'Arcy Wretzky to complete the band's original lineup, but she said she's told Corgan that she'd be happy to pitch in if he needs her; Auf Der Maur replaced Wretzky in 1999 and worked with the group until it disbanded in 2000.

Read more at MTV.com.

Drummerguy123
02-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Wow. That's really awesome. Words cannot express my excitement.