PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU HATE SCHOOl????

bouncingcoles
02-01-2006, 06:03 PM
personally i hate school. although i do alright in it, iv always hated it. but if i didnt go i probobly wouldnt do anything with my life anyway. so o well

do you guys hate school?

I am the lightning rod
02-01-2006, 06:05 PM
no i dont hate it. its pretty easy for me and i love being with my friends, i really look forward to it usually.

Mr. Noodles
02-01-2006, 06:05 PM
I also hate having to get up in the morning!
I'm so conformatble, that I usually fall back asleep and my dad has to wake me up.

Offspringrocker409
02-01-2006, 06:06 PM
yes

i tried to leave it at that, but it says my post has to be ten letters :confused:

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-01-2006, 06:06 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19507&highlight=school
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7173&highlight=school
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2702&highlight=school

Well well, aren't you the anarchic rebellious one?

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Oh god what a fucking idiot.

Anya82
02-01-2006, 06:08 PM
i MISS school.

XYlophonetreeZ
fuck yeah man!!!! heheh sing it with me now :cool: i h8 teachers i h8 skool,, i h8 teh cheerleaders and ne1 whos cool yeah!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :D :mad:

Isolated Fury
Thank you, Dave.

Camilamazed
02-01-2006, 06:10 PM
i MISS school.

Took the words out my mouth :eek:

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-01-2006, 06:11 PM
I hate school too, though. Because, like, the teachers don't understand me. They're kind of like my parents, in that sense - they don't understand my music either, or the way it shapes me. They don't understand the fact that I'm a lonely black teardrop, nor that I'm completely alone, nor the fact that the world is a black cesspit of evil.

Oh, woe is me.

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2006, 06:11 PM
fuck yeah man!!!! heheh sing it with me now :cool: i h8 teachers i h8 skool,, i h8 teh cheerleaders and ne1 whos cool yeah!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :D :mad:

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camilamazed
02-01-2006, 06:12 PM
I hate school too, though. Because, like, the teachers don't understand me. They're kind of like my parents, in that sense - they don't understand my music either, or the way it shapes me. They don't understand the fact that I'm a lonely black teardrop, nor that I'm completely alone, nor the fact that the world is a black cesspit of evil.

Oh, woe is me.

It wouldn't be a problem if you had a teacher like me.... :D

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-01-2006, 06:13 PM
It wouldn't be a proble if you had a teacher like me.... :D

Shut up, and go and listen to your stupid pop EMO music, like My Chemical Romance! FAG!

*switches on Green Day*

0r4ng3
02-01-2006, 06:14 PM
yah i h8te evertyhing i evn h8te u 2 so fuck u!!!

In all honesty, I'm indifferent towards school. I don't like it or hate it. I don't mind getting up early. It's fun, getting 4 and a half hours of sleep.

Sinister
02-01-2006, 06:16 PM
I hate school, but I guess anyone would hate any place where they get laughed at pretty much nonstop.

I'm not trying to sound pathetic or anything, but it's just the way things are because of a bunch of immature fucktards.

Zack
02-01-2006, 06:23 PM
I dont HATE school i just don't like the waking up part.

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2006, 06:24 PM
I dont HATE school i just don't like the waking up part.

And I don't HATE the world, I just hate the fact that you're in it.

Zack
02-01-2006, 06:27 PM
You don't even know who the fuck i am!!

0r4ng3
02-01-2006, 06:28 PM
*reads sig* Aren't you the masterbasser?

Zack
02-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Whatever, besides that

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Yes, yes, you're the masturbator, we all get it.

Zack
02-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey have you noticed that you just talk shit on the web instead of actually saying it to there face, because you can say anything on the web because you don't know who the hell they are and they don't give a shit!

Sinister
02-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey have you noticed that you just talk shit on the web instead of actually saying it to there face, because you can say anything on the web because you don't know who the hell they are and they don't give a shit!

*shakes head*
you're sinking deeper and deeper.

lucy-lucy
02-01-2006, 06:34 PM
right now i hate it more than ever. theyre making me do 5hrs of volunteer work
next year it will be better. different school.. yessss

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Zack is going to beat the shit out of me :(

Now I'm scared of leaving the computer, which means I'm scared of school, which means I AM TOTALLY WITH THE CREATOR OF THIS THREAD!!!

Sin Studly
02-01-2006, 06:38 PM

Hey, have you noticed that perhaps Ricky isn't exactly in a position to fly all over the country to personally inform each individual retard of exactly how worthless they all are?

Camilamazed
02-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Shut up, and go and listen to your stupid pop EMO music, like My Chemical Romance! FAG!

*switches on Green Day*

:eek:

*runs away crying*

You'll never have a teacher who'd go with you on an Iced Earth's concert...
:(

I would....

Mr. Noodles
02-01-2006, 06:45 PM
HERE'S SOMETHING ELSE I HATE!

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2131&page=3163&pp=10

Go to the next page and you notice the strangest thing on it and soon on.

JohnnyNemesis
02-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey, have you noticed that perhaps Ricky isn't exactly in a position to fly all over the country to personally inform each individual retard of exactly how worthless they all are?

troof. *fistpound*

http://www.offspring.com/forums/sho...page=3163&pp=10

I know you were talking about that weird blank page we get on the board every now and then, but I'd like to say that yes, we agree, that thread is fucking stupid.

Camilamazed
02-01-2006, 06:50 PM

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2131&page=3163&pp=10

Go to the next page and you notice the strangest thing on it and soon on.

Don't worry. The *Goderator* pwned the thread as well as he pwned Camila....

Hahahaha, poor me :D

Mr. Noodles
02-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Don't worry. The *Goderator* pwned the thread as well as he pwned Camila....

Hahahaha, poor me :D

I found a thread where someone stole my idea: to create an Offspring screensaver.

Well, I have an Offspring/Bad Religion screensaver.

It's also got the oldest Bad Religion photo I've ever seen!

MANDY
02-01-2006, 08:50 PM

LOL SAME HERE

Drummerguy123
02-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Ugh. I completely failed my last 5 or 6 tests in school. =P My life sucks.

Icy Chic
02-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Let's see......do I hate school? The answer would be........YES!!!!!!! I really hate Biology! The 10th grade sucks!

Drummerguy123
02-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Let's see......do I hate school? The answer would be........YES!!!!!!! I really hate Biology! The 10th grade sucks!
I'm in 10th grade and I'm taking chemistry. Biology was last year. =P I envy you.

Icy Chic
02-01-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm in 10th grade and I'm taking chemistry. Biology was last year. =P I envy you.

I took Chemistry last year! I envy you!!!!!!

Drummerguy123
02-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, but I took Honors bio and I'm taking honors chem (and my teacher sucks).

XYlophonetreeZ
02-01-2006, 09:27 PM
LOL SAME HERE :) Thank you. Now I can die in peace. :)

Telekinesis
02-01-2006, 11:13 PM
yes I really hate school, alot. I started the new school year today and already I loath it. There's these really bitchy girls who keep heckling me and they are really pissing me off. They keep telling me to go kill myself and are always acussing me of being a lesbian (as if there's anything wrong with it anyway, yes I am no longer a homophobe and I couldn't be happier about it). I pretty much have no friends at school and I'm always miserable.The teachers do uniform checks every morning and make sure we look perfect or whatever and they send girls home (yes I go to an all-girls school) for having colour in their hair and youi can get a detention for not having polished shoes or wearing the wrong coloured hair clip, that school is proof that there is no God

ThrashedThrasher
02-01-2006, 11:38 PM
There are times where I dislike school which is basically 4th period during 4 out of the 5 days I'm there. I cannot stand English anymore...which is a pity because it's my best subject. For the most part I do enjoy school because I LIKE to learn and I like to (I'm totally blanking on the word...)......damnit...I like to use the potential I have in the subjects I do well in.

Here's the weird thing, I totally suck at math, but I do like going to 6th period 4 out of the 5 days I'm at school. Yet as I said before I dread English (my teacher has ruined the subject for me...).

I also like school because if it weren't for school I'd literally have no life. I still don't know how I'm going to fully occupy myself during the year I take off before I start college.

killer_queen
02-02-2006, 03:11 AM
I LOVE school. I've had the greatest moments of my life at school. I'm teacher's number one student, they have always loved me. People adore me. And I can see my philosophy teacher everyday. 4 months later I'll leave my school and I don't think I will be able to live in a lovely place like my high school again.

Hux
02-02-2006, 03:45 AM
School's good because your always with your friends and half of it is a bludge. I personally don't mind school, usually after a week or two of holidays I wanna go back because I'm bored (if I'm not away for holidays). You don't see your friends as much as when your on holidays. The only part of school I hate is the homework which comes with it.

Rocky-girl
02-02-2006, 04:45 AM
When I came to scooll I loved it. But now I hate it. I tired of studying. I want to do nothing!

the_GoDdEsS
02-02-2006, 04:52 AM
None of you have listed a relevant reason on why you hate school. Your hate is only based on your childishness, inability to handle a lot of home work and hormonal rebellion.

Rocky-girl
02-02-2006, 05:04 AM
None of you have listed a relevant reason on why you hate school. Your hate is only based on your childishness, inability to handle a lot of home work and hormonal rebellion.
That's right. But, I hate it for that I must wake up early, do my homework, listen biology that I hate. And I think that I hate not school I hate learning. I want ot stop it, but there is no way.

the_GoDdEsS
02-02-2006, 05:09 AM
Children just don't understand that they have to be forced into doing some things. It's all for your own good, just like your parents tell you. You're doing it all for yourselves, unfortunately through extrinsic motivation so far. And it's a good way to learn your responsibilities. Because school means zero responsibilities, only homework. Be glad you all are at school now and the world has not dropped a responsibilities bomb on you yet. Stupid children.

Rocky-girl
02-02-2006, 05:15 AM
Yes you're right. Yes our teachers want only good for us. But now I tired. And I start to hate all around me. Maybe when I finish school I'll want to come back.

Sin Studly
02-02-2006, 05:24 AM
You will. I hated school before I knew how much worse shit was after it ended.

Rocky-girl
02-02-2006, 05:33 AM
May be some say that it's better after school some say that better in school. I hope I'll see it soon.(after 5,5 months:)

Lakilea
02-02-2006, 05:33 AM
I quite much like school. Learning new things was always fun for me, even if they are completely useless. With a few exceptions of course. I can't love all subjects .. x.X

wheelchairman
02-02-2006, 05:35 AM
I hate school because it's absolutely pointless. You don't learn anything particularly useful, and you're surrounded by people who believe the opposite.

Rocky-girl
02-02-2006, 05:45 AM
I hate school because it's absolutely pointless. You don't learn anything particularly useful, and you're surrounded by people who believe the opposite.
You have strange point of view. That knowlege that you're given in school isn't useful. It all you'll need in life, I hope. I look on my schooling like on duty, but I hate duties so I hate school.

the_GoDdEsS
02-02-2006, 05:47 AM
I look on my schooling like on duty, but I hate duties so I hate school.

Then you're most likely going to have a lot of problems once you're out of school. School duties are nothing.

bouncingcoles
02-02-2006, 06:01 AM
You will. I hated school before I knew how much worse shit was after it ended.

ya i agree with that

FauxElitist
02-02-2006, 06:13 AM
I'd generally agree with Wheelchairman if we're talking about university and college. The tedious lectures and tutorials don't often convey an enormous amount of information, since each lecture usually focuses upon one small and specific aspect of a problem and then proceeds to regurgitate it in about 50 different ways so that even the mentally handicapped should be able to understand it (... and yet surprisingly, people still don't).

In the case of book studies, for example, each subject tends to only assign about 5 texts and then each of these is pored over for the entire semester. You could likely learn just as much information about these books, if not more, if you were to pick them up for yourself, read them and then research them on the internet or at your local library along with articles and essays pertaining to the text and period during which it was written.

To me, the whole purpose of university is to attain my certificate so that employers will hire me; that's about it. I find that I learn a lot more from reading on my own time and with my own level of interest than I ever do from some professor, especially when he's just subjectively spouting one dominant perspective while neglectfully throwing in a few others for academic integrity. Maybe if I had a teacher who was all 'Dead Poet's Society', I'd be interested.

Rocky-girl
02-02-2006, 06:22 AM
And what about Maths, I don't tell you about Phisics and Chemistry I think a few people need it in thier everyday life. But Maths?

FauxElitist
02-02-2006, 06:29 AM
How else are you going to distinguish between a threesome and a full blown gangbang?

the_GoDdEsS
02-02-2006, 06:29 AM
To me, the whole purpose of university is to attain my certificate so that employers will hire me; that's about it. I find that I learn a lot more from reading on my own time and with my own level of interest than I ever do from some professor, especially when he's just subjectively spouting one dominant perspective while neglectfully throwing in a few others for academic integrity.

That's pretty much why I was at university. And it's rather sad when you look back at it. You could say I was wasting five years of my life just to get a degree and kinda manage to secure my future. And that's no guarantee for a better life either.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-02-2006, 06:33 AM
I loved high school, because I got to be with my friends.

College.......is okay. It's not that I hate it, but I'm beginning to feel it's not for me.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-02-2006, 08:31 AM
I adore college, by the way. Even though I have to go somewhere else next year.

wheelchairman
02-02-2006, 08:47 AM
You have strange point of view. That knowlege that you're given in school isn't useful. It all you'll need in life, I hope. I look on my schooling like on duty, but I hate duties so I hate school.
Wrong. Nothing you learn in school, you need in life. What you learn in University will only get you in the door for a job interview. It does not mean however, that you will get promotions or anything.

And being Russian, I'd expect that you'd have to use a few connections to help you as well.

Rocky-girl
02-02-2006, 08:58 AM
Wrong. Nothing you learn in school, you need in life. What you learn in University will only get you in the door for a job interview. It does not mean however, that you will get promotions or anything.

And being Russian, I'd expect that you'd have to use a few connections to help you as well.

Yes, but you can enter university only with that knowlege that you got in school. So even that is not enought. School gives you a good outlook( I don't know is it right I about word). Repeat about connections I didn't get it.

sKratch
02-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Oh god what a fucking idiot.
There are many problems with the way schooling works, especially in New York, to yield legitmate concerns. Somehow, though, I doubt the thread started had this in mind and so I find myself where I usually am--behind you.

ruroken
02-02-2006, 09:06 AM
What's the point in hating it? It's a necessity anyway...and we can't get out of it either...

I also hate having to get up in the morning!
I'm so conformatble, that I usually fall back asleep and my dad has to wake me up.
HEY! It's that one guy...that hasn't posted...in like FOREVER! Wassup?

wheelchairman
02-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Yes, but you can enter university only with that knowlege that you got in school. So even that is not enought. School gives you a good outlook( I don't know is it right I about word). Repeat about connections I didn't get it.
Trust me, you won't use much of what you learned in High School, in University. Unless you're a fag.

sKratch
02-02-2006, 09:07 AM
And what about Maths, I don't tell you about Phisics and Chemistry I think a few people need it in thier everyday life. But Maths?
This statement is not self-consistent.

PS - "Maths" is one of the most highly faggoted products of the United Kingdom

sKratch
02-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Trust me, you won't use much of what you learned in High School, in University. Unless you're a fag.
I doubt you can refute that regardless of the use value of the information you are taught in high school, the experience is rather important for success later in life.
As an adendum, many things that are taught in high school are very important, especially mathematics in my opinion. College would be a fucked experience if you had to learn algebra and trig from the start. I think this extends to many other facets of high school.

Rag Doll
02-02-2006, 09:25 AM
I didn't particularly like high school. The classes and work were fine...I even absolutely loved some of them and some of my teachers, and looked forward to going. I just hated the atmosphere. Having to learn certain things because of the state-wide standardized tests on it, not because it was anything anyone wanted to learn or anything the teachers wanted to teach. And the immaturity and ridiculous drama that went on. Ugh. It was like a million soap operas all rolled into one. Fucking annoying.

College is great. I've had some pretty shitty professors (which made last semester suck)....but otherwise, everything is pretty fanfuckingtastic.

ruroken
02-02-2006, 09:28 AM
College is great. I've had some pretty shitty professors (which made last semester suck)....but otherwise, everything is pretty fanfuckingtastic.
The school councellor (spelled wrong...?) says that 2year colleges have better professors since they want to move up.

I cant wait for college...if I choose to even go, of course.

punker
02-02-2006, 09:42 AM

true, in my application test for college there was little or none questions about I learnt in high school

Rag Doll
02-02-2006, 09:45 AM
The school councellor (spelled wrong...?) says that 2year colleges have better professors since they want to move up.

I cant wait for college...if I choose to even go, of course.

I've only had 3 bad professors...out of 20, thus far. Which is pretty good. But the 3 that were bad....were really bad. =\

Nina
02-02-2006, 09:47 AM
I really, REALLY hate school.
I am the kind of person who loves to learn new things, I am open for pretty much every type of information (as long as I consider it useful, and most of the things I've learned the last 12 1/2 years were useful), and I actually enjoy studying. I like being accomplished. I like to have knowledge to understand things better. And yet, there are other things that overwhelm what I just stated and make me HATE HATE HATE school.
For one, I dislike my classmates. I do not enjoy being with any one them, but unfortunately I am forced to, and even if I tried to ignore all of them I'd get in touch with them again the moment I have projects to do. Dont get me wrong, I am not antisocial in the least bit. I just do not get along with THOSE particular people. I get along with people who are older than me a lot better (my coworkers, for instance, are freaking awesome to hang out with, and they're all at least 5 years older than me). Short, my classmates are immature and I do not want to deal with them.
Another thing is that some teachers dont give me the grades I deserve. I work quite a lot for school, I study, I do homework, etc, you'd think that I'm a teacher's pet, but I am not, at least in most cases. I dont want to be, either, but I definitely want to be threated right, which is surely understandable, isnt it? But my teachers definitely dont know how to give grades and it's not just unfair, it's fucking up my graduation (or at least the average of said graduation), and therefore I grew to be less motivated than before. Obviously, that makes the time in school less enjoyable.
Conclusion: Nina hates school with a growing passion and cant wait to get out next June to finally go to Uni.

wheelchairman
02-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I doubt you can refute that regardless of the use value of the information you are taught in high school, the experience is rather important for success later in life.
As an adendum, many things that are taught in high school are very important, especially mathematics in my opinion. College would be a fucked experience if you had to learn algebra and trig from the start. I think this extends to many other facets of high school.
I mean more like grade-wise. Obviously math is important (although I didn't have it in High School through a sneaky back-entrance in which they count my marketing class as a higher-level math course.) But the level at which you learn math is irrelevant. As long as it shows that you have passed. (of course if you plan on studying math at a higher level in university. then you know, duh math is important. But that also is because your interests are in it.)

Although I really think that if a person loved math, failed it completely, and didn't get to take math in university. That this person would be as happy or as sad in any other endeavour they took in that life anyways.

And if you live in Denmark. Your grades don't matter at all either. That's why I really haven't done anything, I've gone almost a full grade down without it really hurting my opportunities. But that is something Denmark might be unique in.

And this all comes down to, that University's *only* value, is in the teaching of higher level information to it's students. The High School has no value. Most people probably could've skipped it and "apprenticed" somewhere, and feel a lot better about themselves, than going through high school and then getting an internship (or apprenticeship, or whatever.) What a person picks up in high school is pretty random anyways.

Also Nina, that's what I told you like two years ago. (about teacher's sucking.) I'm always right. :(

And a note on grades that really bothers me. I wrote an essay for my midterm Danish exam, and I got the highest grade I've ever gotten in Danish, in my 5 years of living here. And my grades have gone down in that class, by 2 whole points. GAY. The only class I get a good grade in, is Modern History. And I learn very little there.

Not that my grades will be valuable at any particular point in my future.

killer_queen
02-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Nina, I know how you feel about your classmates. In all of my 12 years of school life I've never been in class that there's one person I could get on well in it. That's why I never had a good friend. And teachers always saw me as one of those rich bitches. I'm not even rich. It used to suck. After all the unpleasant events I learnt how to make it better. I started to bring a book and read it on breaks and found out how to kiss teachers' asses without looking like an idiot. In a couple of months things got soooo much better. I found new friends from other classes and made my grades the best. Now I'm really happy with my school life and I don't want to leave it. Thinking about being in uni scares me. It's harder to find friends that you have no certain class ot something like that.

And about being teacher's pet, you have to be, that's all I know. I guess teachers love the feeling that the student's chance of going to a good university depends on their attitude. They love being the authority(?). Most of the teachers are assholes and it's not useful to ride against them.

Rocky-girl
02-02-2006, 11:17 AM
I think that SKratch is right. It's hard to start studying maths in the uni know nothing about algebra, trig, logs and others. So I can say about Geometry. But your answer Per is rather interesting.

killer_queen
02-02-2006, 11:20 AM
Not that my grades will be valuable at any particular point in my future.
They won't be valuable but they effect our futures. At least in Turkey it's like that. To be in a good university we have to pass a really difficult exam that I have been studying for three years AND all of my high school grades that I got in the last three years must be the best. I mean, a stupid maths teacher's a little mistake might not let me to study medicine and I might have to be an engineer. The education system here is disgusting. Every year lots of people commits suicide because of the university exam.

Rocky-girl
02-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Every year lots of people commits suicide because of the university exam.
What? Suicide because of School? Never! Yes, in my country you can go to any uni you like. All depends on you ability to pass exam. To some uni that exams is rather difficult, in others not at all. You can try to enter many unies. All depends on your knowlege, luck and something else... THat's a pity.

wheelchairman
02-02-2006, 11:31 AM
They won't be valuable but they effect our futures. At least in Turkey it's like that. To be in a good university we have to pass a really difficult exam that I have been studying for three years AND all of my high school grades that I got in the last three years must be the best. I mean, a stupid maths teacher's a little mistake might not let me to study medicine and I might have to be an engineer. The education system here is disgusting. Every year lots of people commits suicide because of the university exam.
and if you don't study medicine, you won't be able to become a doctor. And if you don't become a doctor you will die sad and lonely. :p

My main problem is that no one relaxes. It's probably a LOOOT harder in Turkey than it is in Denmark, so I don't blame you. But people freak out a lot about their future educational possibilities. I just don't get it. If you know what you want to do know, then I can only feel sorry for you. You're setting yourself up for a life time of panic attacks about a job that probably wasn't worth it.

If you don't get into the very best university, it's not the end of the world. University does not make you a better person, it does not even make you a smarter person. Books do this. If you read books, you will be smart. If you are smart people will recognize this whether or not you are a doctor.

But I shouldn't sit and lecture people on how to live their lives. I just hate the stressed, I hate being around them, and want everyone to relax a lot more. When the best possible situation in the best possible world is that you are studying for a job that either won't be there anymore, or will suck anyways. Then just fucking let go. Study what you want and go on from there.

Do you find anatomy interesting? Or psychology? Why chose psychiatry and not psychology? Every girl seems to want to be a psychiatrist, and most psychiatrists just suck at their jobs. Not to mention the girls that want to be them aren't always good at understanding other people (lolz Iz you backwards thinker :p)

el_monkey
02-02-2006, 11:35 AM
last year 3 students from my school committed suicide, also because of school.
But!! they weren't bad (from an objective point of view), they didn't reach the goals they set theirselves :(

Rocky-girl
02-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Per, you're right not school or uni make person. Yes, from books we can take many knowlege. But if you didn't get a good education you won't be able to find a good job. As I think. But Also it all depends on person. :( :o

killer_queen
02-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Heh, psychology and psychiatry sound great but I don't like people in general. I don't like spending my time with their problems.
In fact sociology is a great subject for me. It would be great if I could take lessons which make me read more. I love reading but there are some stuff that I like more. Expensive clothes, makeup products, perfumes, big houses... Shortly money. I'm used to being comfortable and I can't stand needing money. That's why I have to do the best I can. My parents always encourage me that I can go to university for the second time if I can support myself in the future. They say that's what people do in Europe. Are they lying?

And books can make me smart? I'm glad to hear that. I thought it wouldn't change.

wheelchairman
02-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Rocky Girl, there are no good jobs.

Killer Queen, yes you can go to university twice. I'm not sure what you mean. You can after graduating, take a different course. Or if you don't like what you choose, you can also change. It's all possible.

If you're too used to money, and need comfort around you. Then fair enough, worry about getting the money to feel comfortable. Sociology is good stuff though, I have a lot of respect for the people who want to do that.

Nina
02-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Do you find anatomy interesting? Or psychology? Why chose psychiatry and not psychology? Every girl seems to want to be a psychiatrist, and most psychiatrists just suck at their jobs. Not to mention the girls that want to be them aren't always good at understanding other people (lolz Iz you backwards thinker :p)

Ha fucking Ha.
I'll be the best psychologist in the world :D

killer_queen, I do that too. I am quite busy at school...always doing things. It's not like I walk around all alone all the time, either. I do talk to my classmates, everything's quite relaxing, but I just dont LIKE them. If I had a choice I'd choose other people to have around.

And I also agree that the grades you archieve in school influence your life in the future. Not always, but in many cases, especially when you graduate (after year 12). In Germany it is the same. If my grades are not high enough I wont be able to study right away. I'll have to wait, a semester or two. It's not THAT much of a deal as I'd use the time to work and save up some money, but still. I want to be finished with all of this as quickly as possible.
The best example for this is Sunny. As far as I know (but yeah, I might not be 100% right as we arent bestfriends lolz) she got tons of scholarships and is now able to study at a great college on a different continent although she did not have the money at the beginning.

Nina
02-02-2006, 11:54 AM
last year 3 students from my school committed suicide, also because of school.
But!! they weren't bad (from an objective point of view), they didn't reach the goals they set theirselves :(

Uh. Auf welche Schule gehst du? & In welche Klasse gehst du, wenn ich fragen darf? :]

Izie
02-02-2006, 11:55 AM

Psychologist, not psychistrist. And you're the backwards one, duh.

Oh and I loved highschool. I'm not that keen on uni these days though.

killer_queen
02-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Killer Queen, yes you can go to university twice. I'm not sure what you mean. You can after graduating, take a different course. Or if you don't like what you choose, you can also change. It's all possible.
I mean is it common? Because I can't imagine myself in a class when I'm 30 and most of the students are 10 years younger than me.

Izie
02-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I mean is it common? Because I can't imagine myself in a class when I'm 30 and most of the students are 10 years younger than me.

Depends on the country, I suppose. I see a lot of older students here (in Belgium). In Serbia that would be extremely unusual though. *shrug*

wheelchairman
02-02-2006, 12:29 PM
I want to be finished with all of this as quickly as possible.
This is the kind of thing I don't get. WHY!? What on Earth is the hurry?

There are plenty of ways to get money. Sunny did the smart way :p. You can also just cover yourself in a debt so high that you'll never pay it off. That's what Americans and Brits do. And what the Danish government wants for us, if we don't finish on time.

The hurry to finish education as quickly as possible. Just sickens me, it's forced on us by society so that they can get a larger workforce as quick as possible, to make up for the fact that the majority of the world is going to retire in the next 20 years. That being said, it still sucks. I don't want to be forced to finish my education as quickly as possible, and I find any action that wants to enforce this, as hostile.

My personal goal is to study for pretty much forever. I want to avoid working. I just like doing nothing. I want to be a professional smart-guy. I don't know. Half the time I am so tempted just to quit it all and take up plumbing. Then I can read what I want, when I want, and not worry about what people want me to know, and when I should know it.

God, finish it as quickly as possible? Just let go. Fucking let go. 2 semesters could be healthy. Take a long time. Take a year off, go travel, discover a new language. I don't care. Hurry and start a career for the rest of your life? Why don't you shoot yourself? (and no Nina, this isn't directed at you :p, this is me ranting because I hate school.)

Iz, the diplomatic way is to say we think in opposite directions. I think Right, and you think Wrong.

Izie
02-02-2006, 12:39 PM
God, finish it as quickly as possible? Just let go. Fucking let go. 2 semesters could be healthy. Take a long time. Take a year off, go travel, discover a new language. I don't care. Hurry and start a career for the rest of your life? Why don't you shoot yourself?

Good point.

Iz, the diplomatic way is to say we think in opposite directions. I think Right, and you think Wrong.

Blatant lie. :p

notoriousdoc
02-02-2006, 12:43 PM
personally i hate school. although i do alright in it, iv always hated it. but if i didnt go i probobly wouldnt do anything with my life anyway. so o well

do you guys hate school?
I hate you

Yatesy
02-02-2006, 12:47 PM

I agree whole-heartedly, I go to college and tbh anything I learned in schol was realisticly useless to me. When exactly am I going to tell a French man I have dog and 2 sisters? If they tought you useful stuff like asking for directions or ordering things at a restaurant then that would be useful, but no thsy teach you a loud of stuff that the vast majority of people are never going to use.

Nina
02-02-2006, 01:30 PM
God, finish it as quickly as possible? Just let go. Fucking let go. 2 semesters could be healthy. Take a long time. Take a year off, go travel, discover a new language. I don't care. Hurry and start a career for the rest of your life?

Umm..this can be replied to rather easily. I simply dont enjoy spending most of my time in school. I like things to go in order, and I want to finish one thing before doing the other. studying forever and meanwhile working that much to get the money i actually WANT to earn (I have high standards) is simply not my thing. We should be aware that a student cant work THAT much, because obviously he also has to go to school and study. And if I was to have a longer studying period I'd also have less time to work enough to earn tons of money for a longer time. I dont like it, therefore I choose a different way. It seems logical to me :/

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-02-2006, 02:09 PM
yeah... I don't hate it... it would be nice to already be educated and not go to school and actually have places to hang out with friends at here though. but we don't really have anywhere to go, so school the next best thing. I hate all my teachers except my science teacher though.

skiddles824
02-02-2006, 02:14 PM
I HATE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go to http://www.piczo.com/skiddles824?cr=3&rfm=y sorry

sKratch
02-02-2006, 02:58 PM
And this all comes down to, that University's *only* value, is in the teaching of higher level information to it's students. The High School has no value. Most people probably could've skipped it and "apprenticed" somewhere, and feel a lot better about themselves, than going through high school and then getting an internship (or apprenticeship, or whatever.) What a person picks up in high school is pretty random anyways.

Mmm. I gotta say, I disagree with the fundamental tenets of your philosphy on high school, so I don't think we're going to be able to meet in the middle very well. Aside from institutionalized dilemmas whose existence I merely mentioned earlier, I'm of the opinion that high school is--for the average person--a necessary sociological (not sure if that's quite what i want to say) model or experience before moving on to a university.
Perhaps if you were more explicit in what you mean by "'apprenticed' somewhere", I could see that argument a little better. I'm unsure if for me personally skipping high school and attaining only the knowledge I specifically needed by some unspecified method (I mean this only in the way that I'm not sure what you mean so I'm leaving it a 'blank') would work well.
Lastly, there is a level of randomness in high school a lot of times. I could go into some very specific things that I find problematic in the state of New York. I can tell you, though, that I don't find taking a variety of courses that may not help you later to be "random". As naive as it may sound, I think it's a decent step to making people more worldly. Especially when you consider individuals who are destined to little exposure to variety outside of high school.

wheelchairman
02-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Iz, You're still a lying cock-sucker. And I know for a fact that you are proud of that too :p

Yatesy, you need school.

Nina, I don't really get it. You want to have a lot of money to spend, that is your goal. And you obviously can't make a lot of money, when half the day is spent in classes. (am I getting it..?) So you just want to finish it fast as possible so that you can start earning lots of money? :/ I must say. Every fiber of my body screams in horror at that plan, but whatever makes you happy is what's important.

Stephen, oh definitely agreed. People need a social experience in that age of their lives. Being isolated and shoved around gives you awkward folks (home schoolers being the best example of this.) I'm not saying that we should completely get rid of high school. I'm just saying people should relax. I personally enjoy it for the social experience. I learn nothing, my attitude with learning is also pretty bad though. Every second of actual class is pure torture, my desk is decorated with drawings of goatse, because then I can turn his asshole into the whole of a guitar, and then it becomes a very surrealistic drawing of a man holding a guitar. My point is that yes, socially, quite necessary.

The thing is, with those who want to learn from it, they learn. But those who just don't care, and I'd be willing to bet that if we weren't pumped full of fear for dying lonely and poor because of bad grades, that it would be the majority who don't care. Everyone spends so much time trying to do as little work as possible, that there is just wasted energy. Especially if the majority of people don't need upper level math. Or advanced literature analysis. In Denmark you can specify your education (I'm taking an International Business line with a focus on langauges), there are 1800 people in the building I am in. 33,000 in the school altogether. (spread across the country I believe). I don't remember my point anymore, but it was a good one.

bouncingcoles
02-02-2006, 06:19 PM
I hate you

but i love you!!!

Tired_Of_You
02-02-2006, 06:28 PM
One of the problems about school is that I'm so unsure about what I want to do in life that it stresses me and I'm always wondering if I should stop what I'm studying right now and start something else. I decided to continue, but today I dropped quantitatives method (?) so I only have 2 classes related to what I study. Furthermore, I'm the kind of person who doesn't sleep enough, so I end up going to school completely tired and with a headache and when you have clases from 8am until 6pm... I'm thinking about having less classes every semester, so I'd have five semesters instead of four. (If someone doesn't understand, tell me. I'm unsure about how to explain this.)

The other problem are the teachers. I've seen the worst teachers in high school and the college I go to. Some aren't even interested about the subject they teach. Some aren't even good in the subject they teach (because there aren't enough teachers, I recall that I had a few teachers who were teaching something they weren't supposed to teach). I've only seen that when I was in high school, though. There are also those teachers who love their subject and make you love them. I got the best history teacher I've ever had last semester. Even if you didn't really like history, you couldn't be bored during her class, because she knew how to make that interesting. Unfortunately, those teachers are rare.

After reading this, it seems as if I hate school, but I like it. It just depends of so many things that I cannot say that I completely like/dislike it. Maybe if I was studying something that was more specific, I'd like it, but sometimes I feel as if I was in high school. Maybe university will be better. (I know I said I go to a college, but in Quebec there is "cégep" between high school and university and that's where I'm studying right now.)

Sorry for the enormous post and the grammar mistakes I probably made.

Nina
02-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Nina, I don't really get it. You want to have a lot of money to spend, that is your goal. And you obviously can't make a lot of money, when half the day is spent in classes. (am I getting it..?) So you just want to finish it fast as possible so that you can start earning lots of money? :/ I must say. Every fiber of my body screams in horror at that plan, but whatever makes you happy is what's important.

Yeah, I see how it came off that way. I just read my own post.
Although I did mean what you just stated, my main point was still another; I want things to go in order. I'd feel like a waste if I was do study for 30 years and still not call anything truely finished. It's not just very unpleasant, but it could probably also make me very unhappy.
Like sKratch we just have completely different views, I dont think we'll ever agree. But my ideas are no where near "horrible", neither are yours.. :/

Izie
02-03-2006, 03:04 AM
Iz, You're still a lying cock-sucker. And I know for a fact that you are proud of that too :p

The second part, yes. But I don't lie :(

And I somewhat agree with TOY. We're just too lost/uncertain. Or maybe that's just me.

wheelchairman
02-03-2006, 03:55 AM
Yeah, I see how it came off that way. I just read my own post.
Although I did mean what you just stated, my main point was still another; I want things to go in order. I'd feel like a waste if I was do study for 30 years and still not call anything truely finished. It's not just very unpleasant, but it could probably also make me very unhappy.
Like sKratch we just have completely different views, I dont think we'll ever agree. But my ideas are no where near "horrible", neither are yours.. :/
nah I didn't mean horrible in general. Just not something I'd particularly enjoy. :p

Rocky-girl
02-03-2006, 04:05 AM
Rocky Girl, there are no good jobs.
Yes about jobs you're right. But about professions?

Sin Studly
02-03-2006, 05:33 AM
There are no good professions either. Jobs, professions, careers, it's all work. You work, and your work is a chore that eats away at your soul every minute of every day you're there. Your home life becomes a constant endeavour to either make your free time seem longer by doing nothing and constantly worrying about how little time you have till your next shift, or to drink as much as humanly possible while you're able to and seemingly end up at work an hour or two later with a hangover. Then you rinse and repeat until they day you die.

Rocky-girl
02-03-2006, 05:48 AM
Yes, I try to argue about things I don't really know. But stop poison my dreams! I want to continue thinking that there are many good professions! And I still think that when person is interested in his work that is the best profession to him. And he is probably the happiest person in the world. And when smb hate his job it's sad. And work it's not pleasent, but it's nessesary... Our life isn't a fairy tale! THat's a pity.

Sin Studly
02-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Nobody is happy, and your dreams will die unfulfilled, like everybody else's. You're Russian, Russians are supposed to understand this.

Rocky-girl
02-03-2006, 06:14 AM
That's a real pessimizm! Nobody is happy. Yes if you'll think in that manner you'll never be happy. But about jobs. You told about drink and work like Nekrasov, or I just has translated it wrong. And what's your point? Is it better to die than to go working 'cause all all ugly? That's right? And you'll be happy no more working?

duygu
02-03-2006, 06:45 AM
i hate school but to monday open school in turkey :mad:

Sin Studly
02-03-2006, 07:29 AM
That's a real pessimizm! Nobody is happy. Yes if you'll think in that manner you'll never be happy. But about jobs. You told about drink and work like Nekrasov, or I just has translated it wrong. And what's your point? Is it better to die than to go working 'cause all all ugly? That's right? And you'll be happy no more working?

Whatever happened to the stoic fatalism of the Russian peasant? You slavics need to learn your place. You're not white, and therefore you're not extended the priveleges that come with being white. Yours is a future of backbreaking toil in the potato fields, and/or a life of prostitution as an illegal immigrant in the west. You will never be happy, and on your dying day you'll curse death for not taking you decades earlier.

Rocky-girl
02-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Stop! I know that Russia has no future. What do you say to me? You said that I'm not white. You said that I'm your slave. Right? That will never come true. Yes, I know soon my country will be the worst place for living, but that doesn't mean that I will love it less. And I know I won't leave it. And you what do you know about my country?You're talking like a real nazic.

Sin Studly
02-03-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm not asking you to love your country less or be my slave. I'm just saying, your life in Russia will be miserable, and you'll die lonely, unfulfilled, and unhappy. It's best to accept things like this early.

And Russia will have a future when the Rodina Party is in control.

Rocky-girl
02-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Nobody can prognosis the future. And stop telling that stupid thungs about my country. Well, now Russia is un bad position, but owning to Russia I know English and I know History, so I know that you're alive only because of my country. As you know Russia has won Second World War. If not my country we wouldn't have been alive but burnt in Osvenzium(is it right written?). I tell it to you 'cause my granfather fought against Germans, he fought for our future. Now you see? Да я патриот и верю в свою страну! И ненавижу тех кто её унижает!

Sin Studly
02-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Oh, I'd be alive if Hitler won WW2. I'm white, not a dirty Slavic monkey. Hitler loved my kind. I'd not only be alive, but I'd be in a much better position than I am right now.

Rocky-girl
02-04-2006, 01:15 AM
You just think so. Nobody would be alive exept Germans, oh exuse me, you may be have been alive but has now "backbreaking toil in the potato fields, and/or a life of prostitution". Or may be you're German?

Sin Studly
02-04-2006, 01:55 AM
I'm of Germanic blood. So yes, I'd be suffering 'backbreaking toil in the potato fields'.... y'know, backbreaking, like having my wife mix up mint julips, swatting flys away with an oxtail, sitting on the porch and watching my Slavic slaves work themselves to death digging up potatos, sending the hounds after anyone who tries to escape... that kinda backbreaking toil.

Rocky-girl
02-04-2006, 02:05 AM
You know, I hate you. i just think how many people die to save our planet from people like you. I would have cry, but I can't I don't feel pain.