02-01-2006, 07:01 PM
What do you think of the Xbox 360?

I think it's awesome.

I am the lightning rod
02-01-2006, 07:01 PM
dont have one, but it looks cool i guess. it costs too much

0r4ng3
02-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I don't have it, but I played Dead or Alive 4 on it. True awesomeness.

Mr. Noodles
02-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I don't have it, but I played Dead or Alive 4 on it. True awesomeness.
I've unlocked the Spartan for the game.
It's not Master Chief - it's his girlfriend! :eek:

0r4ng3
02-01-2006, 07:05 PM
I always knew the Spartan secret character was female, but...his girlfriend?

Mr. Noodles
02-01-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm not kidding about the girl being his girlfriend.

One of my friends was checking how to unlock her, and found out it was MC's girlfriend.

yay
02-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Playstation 3>Xbox 360.

0r4ng3
02-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Playstation 3>Xbox 360.
I know in many ways, this is true, but I get really annoyed when people say that.

All About Eve
02-01-2006, 07:40 PM
My ps2 pwns your asses.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Psh, hell yeah it does.

0r4ng3
02-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Something always gets to me about Sony in general. The Playstation 2 was released way before Xbox and Gamecube, and it did incredibly well. Now, Microsoft has done the exact same thing with the Xbox360, and the Playstation fanboys claim that it's inferior for that reason. It's hypocritical, in my opinion.

Italia311
02-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Spartan and MAster Cheif are in games other than HALO?? weird...

I don't have 360...but I have had my xbox since the day it came out..and I love it. I play halo 2 on xbox live like crazy..lo

nieh
02-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Something always gets to me about Sony in general. The Playstation 2 was released way before Xbox and Gamecube, and it did incredibly well. Now, Microsoft has done the exact same thing with the Xbox360, and the Playstation fanboys claim that it's inferior for that reason. It's hypocritical, in my opinion.

Xbox came last to the game and brought the most power and only managed to win over a few developers. Most of the good ones (with the exception of Rare, who I understand aren't even doing that good anymore) are still tied closely with either Nintendo or Sony while Microsoft tends to get primarily games that are developed for all three systems. Going into the next-gen thing, the Xbox is losing the only thing it really had going for it in the last round: power. PS2 is going to greatly outdo it in that regard and will not only keep most of the developers that they already have, but might even win a few from Microsoft. I honestly don't care what happens between the two. I'm probably not going to buy either until at least a year or two after they come out just because I don't care nearly as much about video games as I used to.

Italia311
02-01-2006, 08:50 PM
From what I've read, the 360 and ps3 are very very similar, it all comes down to preference regardless.

I also read somewhere (can't remember where), that xbox is going to be launching something special right after ps3 launches...so who knows..

Just thought I'd reply...I really dont care all that much either. IMO, xbox is better because of Live and Halo.

0r4ng3
02-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Yes, everyone knows about Halo 3 launching the same day as PS3. You don't have to make it so mysterious.

Italia311
02-01-2006, 09:08 PM
It was more along the lines of a second version of 360 coming out I think...I can't even remember...some special package...

Icy Chic
02-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I love the P2, but I'm awaiting the PS3!

nieh
02-02-2006, 05:04 AM
It was more along the lines of a second version of 360 coming out I think...I can't even remember...some special package...

Probably a special package that includes Halo 3, but considering how disappointed people were with Halo 2, that's not going to change anything.

Italia311
02-02-2006, 06:18 AM
Are you serious? Halo 2 is clearly the best gamever. You won't agree...ps2 fanboy. :eek:

nieh
02-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Are you serious? Halo 2 is clearly the best gamever. You won't agree...ps2 fanboy. :eek:

No? My friends used to have big Halo parties back in the day. They would get like 3-4 systems together at one of their houses, hook them up in different rooms and just play like 12 player deathmatches. Then Halo 2 came out and every last one of them still prefers the original.
I don't like Halo. You move too slow. The Timesplitters series is much more fun.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-02-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm not going to buy a PS3 or an Xbox360 for at least another 2 years. What's the point? My PS2 works perfectly for my requirements.

Mentally_Challenged
02-02-2006, 08:52 AM
I still have a PS1 and a Gameboy colour. I'm so cool.

But anyway, 360's are pretty good. I dunno much on the technical side (well, I did. Once upon a time.), but they look nice. and you don't have to get out of your seat to turn it on; i'm sure that got all the fat bastards cheering. But anyway. People always seem to be more... 'protective' as such, over ps3's. O_O they can't seem to take the fact that 360 might be better. But then again, it might not. Ho ho ho.

1 annoying thing about PS3's - those controllers. Those fuck-ugly controllers. And the fact that you can have up to 7 controllers on one console. What the blazes is the point in that? You can't possibly fit 7 smaller screens onto 1 moniter. It's crazy. But I suppose you could put it on several screens? I dunno. I don't care. But I still think 360's are cool, and hexic is very...very addictive.

ruroken
02-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Pffffft, Halo 2 sucks ass. I dun see why people like it so much.

The best games ever are; Metroid Fusion, both Golden Suns, Super Metroid, Resident Evil 4, Dark Cloud, Final Fantasy 7, The Legend Of Dragoon, The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Soul Blade, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat: Deception, Super Smash Bros. Melee...and probably some other games I can't remember.

ruroken
02-02-2006, 09:16 AM
1 annoying thing about PS3's - those controllers. Those fuck-ugly controllers. And the fact that you can have up to 7 controllers on one console. What the blazes is the point in that? You can't possibly fit 7 smaller screens onto 1 moniter. It's crazy. But I suppose you could put it on several screens? I dunno. I don't care. But I still think 360's are cool, and hexic is very...very addictive.
LAN party (resists urge to insult you)

Dante
02-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Pffffft, Halo 2 sucks ass. I dun see why people like it so much.

The best games ever are; Metroid Fusion, both Golden Suns, Super Metroid, Resident Evil 4, Dark Cloud, Final Fantasy 7, The Legend Of Dragoon, The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past, The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Soul Blade, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat: Deception, Super Smash Bros. Melee...and probably some other games I can't remember.

Halo 2 is awesome. And while I agree with you on the other games I do think Halo 2 is awesome.

Why do you hate it so much?

ruroken
02-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Why do you hate it so much?
1) You die WAY too fast...
2) The movement is annoying...
3) The controls suck...

Chimera512
02-02-2006, 10:21 AM
personally, i'm more excited about the revolution then anything...
innovation is what the gaming industry needs, and nintendo has a long history of brining it. and the best game ever is certianly not halo 2, the best game ever is...uhh, no idea, but i know it's not that. HL and HL2 are up there but i'm a pc gamer.

Italia311
02-02-2006, 01:06 PM
No? My friends used to have big Halo parties back in the day. They would get like 3-4 systems together at one of their houses, hook them up in different rooms and just play like 12 player deathmatches. Then Halo 2 came out and every last one of them still prefers the original.
I don't like Halo. You move too slow. The Timesplitters series is much more fun.

Yeah I can see what you're saying, but you could still do system link with Halo2. Besides, you can play XBOX live with it, thats why its so good. I guess if I didnt have XBOX live...I wouldn't care to own it...

nieh
02-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I know you can still do the system links. All my friends got copies of Halo 2, and they still spend more time playing the original because it's the better of the two. The original one isn't even that special. Like I said before, the Timesplitters series is better. Most FPS's on the computer are better. Shit, even Goldeneye on N64 was better.

Italia311
02-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Goldeneye on n64 is taking it too far man...Halo 2 is a GREAT game.

nieh
02-02-2006, 01:30 PM
And Goldeneye's not? The graphics are a bit aged by comparison to some of the newer stuff but it's still a fun game.

0r4ng3
02-02-2006, 04:12 PM
1) You die WAY too fast...
2) The movement is annoying...
3) The controls suck...
1) You die too fast? In my opinion, you die too slow. It should be more realistic, like Counter Strike.
2) I think it's the same movement from every other FPS.
3) Controls are easily changed in the opions menu, just like most games.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-02-2006, 04:14 PM
I heard that the Xbox 360 (from my friends who have friends who "had" one) will do something like "overheat" if you use it a little too much. My friends say they have heard three people say so.

0r4ng3
02-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, the Xbox360 in it's current state has it's problems. When they're all fixed, then I'll get one.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah, the Xbox360 in it's current state has it's problems. When they're all fixed, then I'll get one.

thats exactly what I was thinking

Mr. Noodles
02-03-2006, 05:27 AM
I like both series.
Two of my favorites.

Mr. Noodles
02-03-2006, 05:29 AM
I heard that the Xbox 360 (from my friends who have friends who "had" one) will do something like "overheat" if you use it a little too much. My friends say they have heard three people say so.
That's only if you have it standing up.
The coolant fan is on the bottom, and if it's standing up, the fan cannot cool it down.
That's why you should have it laying down.

Mentally_Challenged
02-03-2006, 08:50 AM
LAN party (resists urge to insult you)

Ah, fair do. But the controllers are still very, very ugly.

Italia311
02-03-2006, 10:02 AM
And Goldeneye's not? The graphics are a bit aged by comparison to some of the newer stuff but it's still a fun game.

Man. Goldeneye sucks. You gotta be kidding me. Graphics are crap, the gamestypes are shit. You cannot play online with friends. The gameplay is in no way comparable to Halo or Halo2.

Allora, the game controlls are fucking soooooooooo easy..and if you have a problem you just changed it to your preference...

Best game.

I also like the custom soundtracks you can do for xbox...while Im playing a game...it plays offspring or other bands I like in the background...

icklebabygremlin
02-03-2006, 04:12 PM
I've unlocked the Spartan for the game.
It's not Master Chief - it's his girlfriend! :eek:
You have to get a pic of that and post it PLEASE!!!

0r4ng3
02-03-2006, 04:15 PM
You don't even need to upload a pic. It's already all over the 'net.

http://www.vidaextra.com/archivos/images/doa4spartan.jpg

Ocupation: Offspring
06-21-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm not kidding about the girl being his girlfriend.

One of my friends was checking how to unlock her, and found out it was MC's girlfriend.

Ok i know this a very late about 4 months late in fact.
But i was the one who found out it was MC g/f because i read the Halo books and MC is Spartan 117 and is g/f is spartan 458