PDA

View Full Version : *Everything is Fine Now*

Camilamazed
02-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Tijs said something that really made totally sense (Actually everything he writes does hehe).

That Journal was dedicated to us from the boards.

The point of the thread is:

Do you feel like something has changed? I mean, all of us together got more than we really were expecting. What Dexter's done made me more interested in the band than I already used to be. I feel that even something in the board has changed. It seems that everything is fine at last.

If it weren't for all of us love for the band and supporting each other against false rumors nothing of it would have happened.

What do you all think about it......

[Emo mode off]

Now I know that more than 10 years were worthy. The Offpring has had and will always have my support.

<3

darko
02-02-2006, 10:14 AM
I not really sure if anything as changed round here, just i am glad we *finally* got some news. I but I mean we had to nag, and complain to get that kind of news....which we really shouldnt have had to! Now i dont mean for the band to be on here *EVERYDAY* but they where coming to view the board and they knew what was kicking off and yet it still took an e-mail from one of the mods and one false journel written by you.....

HeadAroundU
02-02-2006, 10:27 AM
What can I say?

It was obvious that it's for us and it was necessary. We are hardcore fans and they should keep us updated at least every 2 month. It's not that difficult to say: hey what's up everything is ok, we are doing this...etc
:cool:

I love them so much and I'm happy that everything is ok. :)

offspringer24
02-02-2006, 11:09 AM
this was far more boring than my thread but my got closed in about 2hrs
why????????

Hypodermic_89
02-02-2006, 11:26 AM
I think it's a huge relief that Dex wrote that they're recording in the studio. :)

Rufus
02-02-2006, 11:34 AM
^^ With Atom

electric_alexa
02-02-2006, 11:36 AM
i feel relieved too :D

platinumpt
02-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Camila, you're a suck-up :cool: lol just kidding

Yeah, I see what you mean. Even you hang around here more often! I think in these last 5/7 days you made more posts than you did the last 2 or 3 months :D

They'll always have my support. With or without Atom. I kept loving them even when Ron left, so it'd be the same with Atom in case he left. But thankfully, he didn't, because that kind of things always bring unstability to a band.

platinumpt
02-02-2006, 11:49 AM
this was far more boring than my thread but my got closed in about 2hrs
why????????
No it's not. In the first place, her thread his consistent. You were just ranting. In the second place, she writes using YOUR native language much better than you do. In the third place... nah, no need to go any further.

Nirushika6789
02-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Pretty much what everyone else said...

It's great that they gave us some info..awesome even!

And its fucking a relief to know that they are recording in the studio, while having fun! ....

YAY!

Camilamazed
02-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Darko, False journal wrttien by me??? I didn't get your point. Would you mind telling mean what you really mean???

Offspringer24.... You're just jealous because my *boring thread* was not deleted

*Points and laughs*

platinumpt, I REALLY AM A SUCK UP. When you complete more than ten years listening to the band we talk ok? hehehehe

Venom Symbiote
02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh, please.

Nothing's changed. Are you kidding me?

The site will go another freakin' 3 or 4 months without being updated, there'll be a hiatus like normal, and no news will reach us through the official source until we already know about it from somewhere else.

There was no news in there (apart from the seemingly concrete confirmation that Atom's still going to be in the band during his Angels & Airwaves stint) that we didn't already know. Motorbikes on the Warped Tour? Hanging out with the Dropkick Murphys and Avenged Sevenfold? Wow, I'm stunned. :rolleyes:

And do you really think Dexter reads the boards that often? Come on! Noodles had just posted the first update in a long, long time, and all of a sudden they happen to be on the boards for a half hour or so in the days following? That's not a sign of change, that's a sign of "well, we just posted, lets go see what they're saying about it and get someone else in the band to reply, to hold them over until we've got something substantial about the band to tell them".

Wow, they were in the studio recording a song? One song? I doubt we'll ever hear it, sounds like more of a practice session or random demo.

Nothing against Dexter or Noodles, I think it's great they post here when they can. I mean, anything's better than nothing. And they HAVE been on a break after a tour, family time and all. Which is cool, fine, I wouldn't EXPECT them to post here in their off-time. But I wouldn't get your hopes up to get a journal every couple of weeks now or something, doubt that'll happen. :) They're busy guys, y'know? They don't read the boards anymore than they absolutely have to in order to keep a rapport with the fans.

Not a big deal, I'm just throwing a caution out there.

ashtray_girl_1
02-02-2006, 04:47 PM
no words to say besides "Wow! They really do care about us!"*jumps around the house*

punker
02-02-2006, 04:52 PM
i feel like i can see the happiness of camilamazed in every word she writes

Venom Symbiote
02-02-2006, 05:02 PM
:rolleyes: *sigh*

Camilamazed
02-02-2006, 05:33 PM
VENOM

1) Fine nothing's changed for you. That's why I asked who thinks something HAS changed. Sad you can't feel the same although you have the right.

2) If it will take a week or year to be updated it doesn't matter, because what really matters to us now is that they've listened to all of us who were eager for news. The point that you don't understand is that it took a day to be replied. Little miss sent the email and I started the thread.Bad you did not share that moment with us, which means you CAN'T feel the way we do now. I'm sorry you weren't here at the right time.

3) *There was no news in there *
If for you the journal was nothing, why bother wasting your time sarcastly writting such a big post? Again, what made us all happy besides the news, was the guys reading us.

4) Venom, Are you really sure about the things you write? Dexter sometimes reads the boards. Noodles talks to people on the Politics session and even starts threads. I think you've never been here at the same time. People who LOG IN OFTEN see them.

5) And NO! We're not expecting journals on a week basis. We are all fine with the latest one.

I'm sorry but you will never be able to understand what went on here this week, and wannna know why???????

Maybe this way you can find out what happened. You don't know the real history about it.

Camilamazed
02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
i feel like i can see the happiness of camilamazed in every word she writes

I really am happy!

Little_Miss_1565
02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
HEY VENOM

This is part of an e-mail I just got from the administrator:

Sarah, thanks for your email this week. As you may have noticed, some items
you raised have been addressed. Some will be addressed in the weeks and
months to come.

THINGS ARE GONNA CHANGE 'ROUND THESE PARTS!

Camilamazed
02-02-2006, 05:37 PM
HEY VENOM

This is part of an e-mail I just got from the administrator:

THINGS ARE GONNA CHANGE 'ROUND THESE PARTS!

*Goderator* Sarah pwns hehehehe

Venom Symbiote
02-02-2006, 06:07 PM
To L_M_1565:

Oh, you did huh? That's actually pretty cool, my bad. At least it's something. But, you know...they kinda *did* say the exact same thing after WebDude was ousted and Dexter's hand-picked IT company took over the joint.

I'd still place my money on an updating frenzy for a week or so, then a dry patch of 6 months. Still, the email's a good sign.

Regarding Camila... ( :eek: )

QUOTE:
"If it will take a week or year to be updated it doesn't matter, because what really matters to us now is that they've listened to all of us who were eager for news."

Wow. Just...wow. Did you actually just say that? Haha. :confused: It doesn't matter if they only update once a year, as long as we get the news we're eager for? As I understand it, chief, news is new. New information. Updating once a year (they update more than that, I'm just using your example) isn't news, and it wouldn't satisfy a fan's "eagerness" to get it.

QUOTE:
"The point that you don't understand is that it took a day to be replied. Little miss sent the email and I started the thread.Bad you did not share that moment with us, which means you CAN'T feel the way we do now."

Ok, I'll grant you this, I may be missing something here. I *am* a little lost. What took a day to be replied to, exactly? L_M_1565 sent "the email", you say? What e-mail? Regarding updates or something? And does it have anything to do whatsoever with the journal postings? Fill me in, here. :confused: And what "moment" would you be referring to there? I saw both Noodles and Dexter's journal entries the same days they were posted, respectively. Not sure what you mean by "moment", unless you're referring to the initial 10-second excitement before reading the damn thing.

QUOTE:
"If for you the journal was nothing, why bother wasting your time sarcastly writting such a big post? Again, what made us all happy besides the news, was the guys reading us."

The journal was something. Like I said, I appreciate the updates. It's just...it was nothing spectacular. Apart from the fact Atom's still in the band, and that they've been taking some personal break time for a while, there was nothing in there aside from some funny jokes and general smalltalk. Both bits of "news" which we pretty-much had a good idea of anyway. And about them reading the forums? We've known that for a long time. Noodles has for years. YEARS. Dexter has every once in a while, just not often. And sometimes Atom too.

So what's the big deal? We've known it for ages, the only difference here is Dexter acknowledging it.

QUOTE:
"Venom, Are you really sure about the things you write? Dexter sometimes reads the boards. Noodles talks to people on the Politics session and even starts threads. I think you've never been here at the same time. People who LOG IN OFTEN see them."

*sigh* Look, girlie, I read these boards as much as you do. Difference is, I only post when I have something relevant to say. Not pointless drivel. :D Not naming names or accusing anyone. And there's no need to log in unless you're posting something. I'm here a couple of times a week, so I get the news just fine. And regarding the board-posting? Duh. See above. That's old-hat by now.

QUOTE:
"I'm sorry but you will never be able to understand what went on here this week, and wannna know why???????
Maybe this way you can find out what happened. You don't know the real history about it."

*smirks* "History" of it. It's a freakin' journal, woman! Haha. As for an answer? See above, see above, and...see above.

Post a long condescending piece, expect a long clarifying reply. *smiles*

Camilamazed
02-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Can anyone tell Vernom what happened......

I give up........

He can't understand that not only the news made all this......

Venom Symbiote
02-02-2006, 06:19 PM
I know what it's about. The fact that Dexter acknowledged that he has read the boards from time to time.

While cool, I don't understand what all the excitement is about. He either A) Was pointed to the threads by Noodles, or B) Checked up on the replies to Noodle's entry of his own accord, just to see our reactions to their tour.

It's reeeaaallly nothing earth-shattering. It's a cool update, but it's not like he just announced that he's changing his name to "Rufus" and starting a Death-Metal band or something.

Y'know?

P.S. I still don't understand where all this hostility is coming from. If you could clear up the questions about the e-mail in my last post, that would be good. If not, meh, continue being an offensive fangirl, pissed that someone's not kissing their feet over a journal update. Doesn't bother me.

Little_Miss_1565
02-02-2006, 06:22 PM
To L_M_1565:

Oh, you did huh? That's actually pretty cool, my bad. At least it's something. But, you know...they kinda *did* say the exact same thing after WebDude was ousted and Dexter's hand-picked IT company took over the joint.

I'd still place my money on an updating frenzy for a week or so, then a dry patch of 6 months. Still, the email's a good sign.

Liberation Media does not control the content of the board, as they've clarified in the Offspring.com forum on these boards. It is the band itself as well as its management that is responsible for generating content, which Lib. Media then puts on the site.

Liberation Media most certainly does have its shit together, and it is not their fault that the site was so long in being updated. It's not like with Web Dude when he had things to post but could not be arsed to actually do anything.

Considering that it's the management involved here, I'm hoping that they'll take updating the fans to heart.

And yes, I e-mailed the management basically asking them to update the site, because we're emotionally involved with this band we care so much about, and it's hard to support a band when we dont' know what's really happening when there are clearly things that ARE happening.

Clearly, no one can say for sure if updates are really going to get any better from here on out. I'd be much obliged, though, if you could stop pissing on everyone's parade for a few minutes. kthx.

Venom Symbiote
02-02-2006, 06:44 PM
:D

Let me assure you, "pissing on everyone's parade" wasn't my intention.

Just trying to ground people for the possibility of another update dry spell. There's certainly a chance.

Ok, so it's the band management that's responsible for the generation of new content? That makes sense. I thought the IT group would have some input into actually gathering things for the site, but yeah. You learn something new everyday.

So it looks like these updates were more along the lines of management telling them to get their asses into gear, than Noodles thinking to himself one day "I think I'll post an update for the kiddies".

Still, yeah. I'll stop the debate now.

punker
02-02-2006, 06:51 PM
lol, who rated this with one star

Little_Miss_1565
02-02-2006, 07:04 PM
I know what it's about. The fact that Dexter acknowledged that he has read the boards from time to time.

While cool, I don't understand what all the excitement is about. He either A) Was pointed to the threads by Noodles, or B) Checked up on the replies to Noodle's entry of his own accord, just to see our reactions to their tour.

Actually, it's also about how I e-mailed the management, as I stated just a few replies above this, so uh, everybody chill the heck out.

offspringer24
02-03-2006, 12:08 AM
its called slang you fuckin tard

platinumpt
02-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Oh look Venom Symbiote posted again!!! :eek:

Camila I listen to the band for 12 years now lol :D I'm a suck-up too, whenever I get the chance!

platinumpt
02-03-2006, 12:20 AM
its called slang you fuckin tard
Stop communicating with me, kid.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-03-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm actualy pissed off that everybody is taking everything out on Venom, sure, he may have said one or two small things to piss camila off, but then you all go and b*tch and cry amongst eachother about him, just stop it, please!!! (it's like your trying to bully so you won't be bullied...) :)

offspringer24
02-03-2006, 07:23 AM
kid? im 25 been into offspring since 93 thats 13yrs this summer, you dont know what your talking about! why dont you check threads ive left before, before you start bitchin about me KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camilamazed
02-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Camila I listen to the band for 12 years now lol :D I'm a suck-up too, whenever I get the chance!

Sorry then for what I said. :o