PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave

Mr. Noodles
02-03-2006, 05:40 AM
They are awesome!

What do you think of them

killer_queen
02-03-2006, 06:40 AM
I just know their one song. Its name is Doesn't Remind Me Ior something like that I guess. When I heard that song on VH1 I loved it but I couldn't find Audioslave's albums here. Anyway, I'll download their songs when I'm able to.

H1T_That
02-03-2006, 08:52 AM
thier new album, out of exile is awesome, a lot more upbeat than thier first, which i found more chillout.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-03-2006, 12:59 PM
love this band, i have both their cds, i love the song "show me how to live".

Yatesy
02-03-2006, 01:15 PM
I think Audioslave are great, I prefer their newer album Out Of Exile because it's more different than RATM/Soundgarden.

WebDudette
02-03-2006, 01:17 PM
I despise Audioslave with a passion.

Nina
02-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Audioslave bore me. A lot. I prefer them to a lot of bands but I could still never listen to their CD in one piece.

nieh
02-03-2006, 01:52 PM
They're nothing special. Corporate "hard rock" that's only the slightest bit less generic than other corporate "hard rock".

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Eh. I really can't listen to them.

0r4ng3
02-03-2006, 02:38 PM
They're nothing special. Corporate "hard rock" that's only the slightest bit less generic than other corporate "hard rock".
I think the same. They have very few really good songs, but the rest are just boring.

Original prankstA
02-03-2006, 02:43 PM
they're pretty good but i liked rage way better

ruroken
02-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Soundgarden is infinitely better. Chris Cornell could never do better than Soundgarden.

Camilamazed
02-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't like them. I pretty much prefer Chris Cornell by himself. Euphoria Morning is an awesome Cd.

barangatang
02-03-2006, 10:41 PM
they're pretty good but i liked rage way better

Same with me, but it really matters what kind of mood im in. It also seems that i'll be listening to ratm albums for waaaay longer periods of time than audioslave albums.

audiosave<ratm
audioslave>soundgarden
soundgarden<ratm

Drummerguy123
02-04-2006, 12:05 AM
I never really listened to Soundgarden, but RATM was so much better than Audioslave. Although some of Audioslave's songs are pretty good, they don't even compare to RATM.

dain84
02-04-2006, 12:44 AM
Their first cd was really good.

offspring fan
02-04-2006, 03:43 AM
i love audioslave! but rage against the machine was better...

Original prankstA
02-04-2006, 07:42 AM
what's soundgarden?

(obviously it's a band but how is it realated to audioslave/ratm?)

ruroken
02-04-2006, 08:23 AM
/\ You should be shot.

audioslave>soundgarden

...Your ears must have shit in them or have you just not heard
SUPERUNKNOWN?

Floyd the Barber
02-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Very mediocre.

barangatang
02-04-2006, 12:54 PM
what's soundgarden?

(obviously it's a band but how is it realated to audioslave/ratm?)
Soundgarden was chris cornell's old band.

coke_a_holic
02-04-2006, 01:53 PM
My problem with Audioslave is this: Rage was awesome, Soundgarden was awesome, mixing them should've had the same effect. But, it wasn't and so everyone was dissappointed and didn't like them. Essentially, they didn't live up to the hype they made for themselves. I still <3 Tom Morrello, though.

darko
02-04-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry i did try but they just seem to manage to bug my happyness

Drummerguy123
02-04-2006, 07:46 PM
My problem with Audioslave is this: Rage was awesome, Soundgarden was awesome, mixing them should've had the same effect. But, it wasn't and so everyone was dissappointed and didn't like them. Essentially, they didn't live up to the hype they made for themselves. I still <3 Tom Morrello, though.

I think this might be a little bit like what will happen to Angels and Airwaves.

Andy
02-04-2006, 07:49 PM
I think this might be a little bit like what will happen to Angels and Airwaves.
I'd propose there is no "think" about it. 'Superbands' never live upto the hype.

dain84
02-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Angels and Airwaves will be shit. Tom Delonge is a douchbag.

http://groups.myspace.com/tomdelongesucks

Drummerguy123
02-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Tom isn't that bad. I don't know what you all have against him. Yeah, his voice isn't the greatest, but it is unique, which makes it not so dull. If you don't like his voice, don't hate him, just don't listen to him. To be honest, I kinda like his voice because it sets him apart from all of the other singers of today.

Jakebert
02-04-2006, 09:28 PM
I don't like Tom because aside from the obnoxious voice, he has an incredibly big ego and thinks way too highly of himself.

Drummerguy123
02-04-2006, 09:30 PM
But so many great musicians have, John lennon, Kurt Cobain, etc. And those are only from the top of my head.

Jakebert
02-04-2006, 09:31 PM

I agree. They might be one of the biggest dissappointments of a band ever.

Jakebert
02-04-2006, 09:32 PM
But so many great musicians have, John lennon, Kurt Cobain, etc. And those are only from the top of my head.

Kurt Cobain wasn't a great musician, and Lennon deserved to think highly of himself. Tom is a mediocore guitarist, and nothing he's done with Blink has been anything that great, and really I doubt anything with this new band will be anything special either.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-05-2006, 11:04 AM
I'd propose there is no "think" about it. 'Superbands' never live upto the hype.

Not all of them, Dark New Day is a supergroup that I think is awesome and they aren't even all that popular.

ruroken
02-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Kurt Cobain wasn't a great musician.
...Now I know you're not an idiot, so may I have an explaination as to why?

dain84
02-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Tom isn't that bad. I don't know what you all have against him. Yeah, his voice isn't the greatest, but it is unique, which makes it not so dull. If you don't like his voice, don't hate him, just don't listen to him. To be honest, I kinda like his voice because it sets him apart from all of the other singers of today.

I hate him because he went from the guy that makes fart jokes to being this "I wanna change the world!" guy. It's really annoying.

dain84
02-05-2006, 12:50 PM

Kurt wasn't that great of a guitarist, get over it. But it worked, and he was an amazing songwriter.

Jakebert
02-05-2006, 01:41 PM

I knew I shouldn't have said that because I'm tired of getting into arguments about it, but here it goes:

Nirvana wern't anything special at all, and the only majorily talented memeber they had was Grohl. Kurt's guitar skills wern't purposely sloppy like everyone thinks they are, he just wasn't that great of a guitarist. His lyrics are stupid and it's obvious that he purposely tried to sound weird and arty, but for the most part, they were just stupid. His earlier lyrics off of Bleach were nothing but words he wrote down because he thought songs should have lyrics, but later he told critics that they ment something even when he knew that they didn't, and had told people only years earlier that they didn't. Cobain also tried too hard to sound like his heros, even going as far as ripping them off to a certain extent. Nirvana was nothing original or groundbreaking, and sounded like tons of Seattle bands who were around long before them and just never made it big because Cobain purposely sought out the spotlight and they didn't.

Fin.

WebDudette
02-05-2006, 05:28 PM

Exactly...

Yatesy
02-06-2006, 06:53 AM

Hmm I agree with you in some aspects, but the reason why people get dissappointed with bands like this is because most people expect them to do the same thing all over again.

Jakebert
02-06-2006, 08:23 AM
It's not that we wanted the exact same thing as Rage or Audioslave, we just wanted something other than the boring straight-ahead rock stuff that they did.

ruroken
02-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Nirvana wern't anything special at all, and the only majorily talented memeber they had was Grohl. Kurt's guitar skills wern't purposely sloppy like everyone thinks they are, he just wasn't that great of a guitarist.

I'm not arguing, I'm just asking. And I dun know shit about Bleach, so I'm not going to say anything about it. I only have Nevermind, and it fucking rules. I dun notice any sloppiness...unless you mean...I see. Yeah, but I like the sloppiness. It reminds me of myself playing guitar. Haha. Yeah, his lyrics...some of them sucked...but I cant hear most of them, and the lyrics aren't important anyway. And as long as the music sounds awesome, I dun see the point of "talent".

Moose
02-09-2006, 09:20 PM
cobain was originally a drummer, as was cornell...and grohl wasnt the only extremely talented one, krist is a great musician also...they were very talented...im not gunna bother to go into all those arguments for what they did in music and etc...the cool thing now is to say you dont like them, or say they are overrated, but whatever...anyhow...im not really going into that...cobain was talented...nirvana was talented.

barangatang
02-09-2006, 09:48 PM
I dun see the point of "talent".
I agree. Does it really matter whether a musician is good at playin their instrument? I mean if they're are really talented at writing music who really gives a shit.

The eccentric cat
02-09-2006, 10:21 PM
You make it sound as if you don't need to know how to play an instrument, of course it matters whether a musician plays an instrument good. Just look at Beethoven, and he was deaf! He wrote good music AND played the Piano well. Just because you write good music doesn't necessarily make you a star, you still have to play an instrument, and if you want to be good, you should learn how to play an instrument well. You are not going to be famous by just writing pop songs either, you're going to have to show some originality, sooner or later. If you want music without talent, go listen to Green Day.

Or as Ryan Stiles said, "A band is not a band unless you play an instrument".

barangatang
02-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Did I ever say that I like a band more if the songwriter/s sucks at playing an instrument? I'm just saying that it shouldn't matter affect your opinion if the person is or isn't very talented. I agree with you on the fact that people who are very talented musicains usually write better music.

Jerzidevil
02-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Audioslave is not horrible. They are not offensive musically like Limp Bizkit and such, but they are also not really that good. The production is boring, their rhythm section is boring, Tom Morello is over-rated as a guitarist, and Chris Cornell's voice is shot and his lyrics have really gone downhill. Rage Against the Machine was ok and Soundgarden was amazing, due mainly to their having a better guitarist, drummer, and bassist. Kim Thayil is very underrated... Matt Cameron is really good at drumming (although his style doesn't mesh very well with Pearl Jam who he's with now). Audioslave did have potential but for the most part were a let-down.

With the whole Nirvana thing, they weren't extremely innovative because a lot of bands did what they were doing before they were doing it, like the Pixies, Melvins, etc. What Nirvana had going for them was timing and some good songwriting. They were largely responsible for the alternative explosion of the early 90s, but there were other bands, some better, that were also partially responsible. To quote Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains: "Soundgarden cracked the door, Alice in Chains kicked it open, and Nirvana and Pearl Jam blew it off its hinges" (not an exact quote, but close). Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, and STP among others were also responsible for and products of the style that Nirvana popularized.