PDA

View Full Version : Buying Jeans (to the girls)

Nina
02-03-2006, 11:21 AM
So, can anyone recomment good fitted jeans? I dont even know what type of cut I want...it needs to look good on me, and I have the following figure: small waist, existing butt, slightly big tights. I am also short (5'4/165cm).

a pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/ninilein/Hot_Fashion/100_2204.jpg

I know this might not be the best place to ask, but I cant get advice anywhere else. Everyone sucks. :/

Oh, and please no skinny jeans, they'll prolly look HORRIFYING on me.

killer_queen
02-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Yayz, I love threads about shopping.

Well, I'll recommend you Diesel because they definitely have the best jeans. Go to diesel.com and look for the model "Junnie". It's pretty cool and original and dark colours make you look taller.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
existing butt

Picture please.

sKratch
02-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Picture please.
I was going to make a comment like this :[

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2006, 11:40 AM
I beat ya to it! And I meant it too.

Nina, make it happen!

Sunny
02-03-2006, 11:41 AM
It sounds like we have the same figure (which is, by the way, totally hot with the mini-waist and the buttzor ;p). I look like death in skinny jeans, for the record.

um.. my favorite pair of jeans ever is a pair of diesel bootcuts (straight down). i don't recommend you buy them (they're overpriced), but i'm gonna post pics just so you see the cut. i find that basically anything in that cut looks good on me. Like.. have a pair of Levi's 518s, superlow bootcut stretch and they do wonders for the butt. I think they're like $35 and I'd definitely recommend them.

diesel cherone:
http://www.w1style.co.uk/products/aw05-108f772-dnm_a.jpg

levi's 518:
http://www.bennettsclothing.com/images/Levi_518.jpg

shorty me in diesel rame: (the wash is crazy, but the cut is good) =p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/sunnypoo/PANTS.jpg

If you can find diesel bootcuts at a thrift store for a reasonable price (i did, har) you should probably consider them. they're very very comfortable and age really well.

Hope I helped. :]

Nina
02-03-2006, 11:43 AM
I actually took a butt shot for hot_fashion but now I'm scared to post it cause most people there said my jeans have a weird wash and makes me look horrible, the elite fuckers :E

killer_queen, Diesel is definitely a solution (I hope), but then there is the price... it's usually not more than 150, right? Ah, I guess I'll look.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
I actually took a butt shot for hot_fashion but now I'm scared to post it cause most people there said my jeans have a weird wash and makes me look horrible, the elite fuckers :E

DAMN THEM! ASSHOLES! CURSES!

And by "CURSES" I mean "post the damn thing anyway or send it to me right now".

Sunny
02-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Nina, the $190 Diesels i'm wearing in that pic were.. i think... $50. Seek and thou shall find, or something like that. =p

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2006, 11:46 AM
I know this is a jeans topic, but I really love your kicks there, Sunny

Nina
02-03-2006, 11:46 AM
whoa, Sunny, thanks a lot!
Levi's 518, check. Do they run true to size? I'm a size 29 I think (big S), so which size should I get?
And Diesel is quite expensive, as I've already said...but I sooo love what I've seen of it. I should see if I can get a pair on ebay. What would you pay maximum for a thrifted pair?
Diesel cherone, does it also has a number? Prolly not :E (I've never worn Diesel, as you can see. hahaha).

Nina
02-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Levi's 518, bootcut, low, 29/32
http://cgi.ebay.de/Geniale-Levis-Levis-518-Bootcut-SuperLow-29-32-blau_W0QQitemZ6844486089QQcategoryZ54450QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem
opinions? I shall bid soooonn!

Nina
02-03-2006, 11:51 AM
and this!
http://cgi.ebay.de/black-LEVIS-518-04-W29-L34-Red-Low-Rise-Shoecut-NEU_W0QQitemZ6845590838QQcategoryZ54451QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem
black??

ooh please someone help me.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Those black ones are hot as fuck. I know you asked for the female perspective...but yeah.

Nina
02-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Those black ones are hot as fuck. I know you asked for the female perspective...but yeah.

really? I mean it's not loads of money either, plus it's new.
Thanks Rick. I'mma hopefully win them :]

Sunny
02-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Nina - glad I could help a little. I dragged my Levi's out of my closet and the size says "1 Jr M", so i'm confused. wtfs? I'm a big S like you.. (thanks, butt) and I usually wear size 28 (according to SOME companies). weird. =/

Maximum amount to pay for Diesels? $50-$60, probably. =p

Ricky, thanks, those are diesels too =p they're totally falling apart and looking shitty.. but they feel like slippers, so who gives a fuck.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2006, 11:54 AM
No problem! And yeah, good call, good choices.

Sunny
02-03-2006, 11:55 AM
The black Levi's are sex. I WANT A PAIR TOO DAMMIT ;[

the blue ones look nice too. good luck!

Sunny
02-03-2006, 11:57 AM
On a semi-related note, I'm about to go try shrinking my 7 for all mankind's in the washing machine/dryer. bastards fall off of me. anybody ever shrunk their jeans? any tips? =/

Nina
02-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Sunny, I am completely confident that you have a smaller frame than I have. I also have fairly wide hips, I dunno if you do, but anyways, yer also shorter. I'm sure you're actually a 27/28, that's like a small to medium S (lolz, now even the sizes have sizes). Now I bid on the new Levi's jeans (29/32 - I'll obviously have to hem them) for 10 max, plus 5 shipping. Heh. Should I go further? I dunno if it's worth it, as it might not fit perfectly? But they're new :/

Sunny
02-03-2006, 12:00 PM
I think that for 10-15 euros, it's worth it. especially if they're new. :]

bah im so short! ;[ *self pity moment*

Nina
02-03-2006, 12:02 PM
On a semi-related note, I'm about to go try shrinking my 7 for all mankind's in the washing machine/dryer. bastards fall off of me. anybody ever shrunk their jeans? any tips? =/

Sit in the hot bath tub while wearing them?
I've heard that this works, but probably only when they're new..

And I feel your pain, I lost weight, that's why I need jeans...the only pair I currently own are the ones in the pic I posted. eeeep.

Sunny
02-03-2006, 12:06 PM
beep. that sounds kinda unpleasant... i hate the way wet jeans feel, but hey, i'm willing to try it. =p i know my mom in law successfully shrunk all of charlie's jeans by putting them in the dryer on high heat. except they fit fine before and now they're super emo boy tight. *giggles*

i didn't see that picture link before! are those the jeans the hot_fashion douches didn't like? cause they look fine to me. =/

Nina
02-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Yeah, they were like "omg what a fugly wash and you look fat in them and you should burn them ps they fit well". duh. i hate posting there, i never ever will again. but it's interesting to see some of the stuff they have, especially the shoes -dies-

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2006, 12:15 PM
and you look fat in them

People are FUCK. ING. IDIOTS.

My only complaint would be that you could probably afford to GAIN a little weight, and they're saying that shit? What the fuck is wrong with some people?

Nina
02-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Well the terrifying thing for me is, I even lost weight. I used to wear bigger jeans, but they fall off my ass now; actually, two of my kind could fit in them now :P (well, aaalllmost. hehe). So what the fuck was I back then, a wale? It's so upsetting sometimes.
Thanks for being concerned :] Girls dont have it easy sometimes. eh.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2006, 12:19 PM
You're welcome. You ladies DO have it rough.

I just wrote a whole rant on the subject of societal gender expectations and shit, but thought better of it and deleted it. I don't even want to get into some huge thing!

Nina
02-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Oh I could have such rants everyday. Boys certainly dont have it *too* much easier, either. Actually, this whole thing is ridiculous. I see all these kids, they're 5-6 years younger than me and dress so..... ugh. I have no words.

Sunny
02-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Nina, my only response to the hot_fashion thing is one big WTF. you're nowhere near *chubby*, let alone *fat*. what the hell. it seems like no matter what kinda body you have, people WILL make up some bullshit just to criticize it. i guess it makes them feel better or something. ugh.

girls do have it hard, and i'd love to read your rant, Ricky ;[

Izie
02-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Jeans are the item of clothing I never buy because NONE EVER FIT.

I hate them.

Ok, I semi-lie, I have one pair. And it's WAY too big now. Gruff :(

Nina
02-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Haha I never owned a pair that fit perfectly, except the one I posted. dude, I had so much luck.

I just bid on these diesel jeans, btw
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6844596508&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1
uh.

Izie
02-03-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm so scared to buy pants I haven't tried on :( So I... don't.

I stick to what I can dig out in normal stores.

Or, I stick to skirts. Bah :(

PS All the jeans you're bidding on are so prettiessss *envies*

Nina
02-03-2006, 12:40 PM
I agreee, but I'm also scared that it wont fit. But ah well, since they're both new I can just sell them again and get tons of $$$$.
God, I love ebay.

HornyPope
02-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Just so you know the label you're buying from ebay may or may not be authentic. And that you just might pay customs for the product.

And post an ass picture.

Izie
02-03-2006, 12:49 PM
I agreee, but I'm also scared that it wont fit. But ah well, since they're both new I can just sell them again and get tons of $$$$.
God, I love ebay.

Ebay scares me :/

For the best fake jeans ever, you need to go to the city of Novi Pazar in Serbia. They just stick any ettiquete you want, for about 10-20.

And bloody hell they make great jeans. The 2 pairs I bought there lasted 7 years and I wore them non-stop. Maybe I should plan a re-visit, hmmm.

Nina
02-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Just so you know the label you're buying from ebay may or may not be authentic. And that you just might pay customs for the product.

Noone with such high ebay numbers would risk that. I can easily give a negative feedback and screw their entire ebay image up.
Plus, both pairs have tags. :P

Izie, pay a visit and buy me a pair as well!

Izie
02-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Izie, pay a visit and buy me a pair as well!

Mebbe. I really do need jeans :/ *sigh*

HornyPope
02-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Uhhh... you know how easy it is to open your own little workshop in Indonesia, tailor the jeans exactly as the original label, and then slap the authnicity tag?

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29335

This is just a recent article...

Nina
02-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Alright.
For 15, that's okay :P

Sunny
02-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Nina, the best way to know if diesels are real:

inside there should be a fabric tag with a mohawked guy that says "Diesel: Only the brave" Made in Italy. all the buttons and uhh.. whatchamacallits.. rivets! should either say "Diesel" twice or have the signature "D" embossed in them. i've seen fakes and most don't have the mohawk guy.

but even if those aren't real, they look pretty nice and authentic enough (i've seen that model before), so.. worth getting anyway. :]

Nina
02-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Hehe, thanks!
Have you ever worn Boss jeans (or even tried on a pair)? They'd prolly soooo be worth it when fitted perfectly. I hear the quality is amazing.

Sunny
02-03-2006, 01:07 PM
hmm, no, can't say i have. i think i pass their store on my way to school though... so i'll check them out. thanks :D

speaking of other brands, you should try on Rock and Republic jeans, because it's quite a weird experience. they're one of the most popular celebrity brands out there right now... at least $200 a pair. ok, whatever, so you try them on expecting quality. but the amazing thing is... they make your butt look flat. they make your hips look huge. they stick out in the waist area. the zippers look awful. the pockets are where they shouldn't be. etc. YET PEOPLE CONTINUE TO BUY THEM FOR $200 a pop. it's so funny.

Nina
02-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Haha I know!
Same with skinny jeans. only super skinny people with stick-thin legs, no thighs, no butt, no hips, can pull them off. yet eevveeryyyone gets them. horrifying.
Or jean shorts. The really short ones, ya know? uuuggghhh.

Sunny
02-03-2006, 01:16 PM
skinny jeans will make you look butt/hip heavy even if you're a broomstick. so they're like suicide for people with actual butts.

so stupid.

and i hate micro mini shorts. i'd never wear them.
i need to tone my thighs, i think. i'm not as happy with them as i could be. bleh.

Nina
02-03-2006, 01:17 PM
this girl looks amazing in them

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/daancehallhips/lahr.jpg

as does she

http://i1.tinypic.com/n2086q.jpg

she, however...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/k4rmapolice/c.jpg

..already looks like she has super wide hips, and she's very skinny still. Imagine how I'd look o.0 (eww).

</rant>

Nina
02-03-2006, 01:19 PM
i need to tone my thighs, i think. i'm not as happy with them as i could be. bleh.

but remember, your figure looks peerrffeeect atm with teh booty and the thighs (why did I keep misspelling that before?) attached to them. booty minus thighs.....noooooooohh!111
Unless you really are unhappy right now :P

Sunny
02-03-2006, 01:27 PM
i can't even picture myself in shorts like that... with my figure and my height and all. lolz. i don't think you'd look gross (since you're taller).. but they're not the most flattering piece of clothing ever. they look alright on the first two girls.. but they're still not my cup of tea.

and i don't want to have bony thighs.. because i couldn't do that without eating less (and i don't wanna eat less! *glutton*).. plus, as you said, skinny thighs wouldn't go with the butt. ;p i just want them to be stronger and more.. muscly, haha. i'm fine with the thickness, though. and thanks!

killer_queen
02-03-2006, 01:35 PM
I love shorts. They don't look good on my terribly white legs but still I love them. I wish I could wear them here without getting raped.

Tizzalicious
02-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Skinny jeans make everyone look terrible. If you have an ass, it makes it look huge, if you are skinny enough to have your ass look bigger than it is, it shows your boney legs. So, no good for anyone. Especially fat people. Dear god.

the_GoDdEsS
02-04-2006, 01:27 AM
I don't like jeans. I haven't had any for at least four or five years. And the problem with pants is always that they fit around the waist perfectly but are too long. Fuckers.

Nina
02-04-2006, 06:22 AM
...you can just hem them?

jeans must be too long for nearly EVERYONE. heh.

Tizz - some people do look good in skinny jeans, but they are the frightening minority.