PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring and Guest Vocals

Ceejio21
02-04-2006, 04:10 PM
I've always wondered, why do the guys get guest vocalists to feature on their albums? I mean, generally Dexter does his own backing vocals on all the songs as it is. But Davey Havoc from AFI provided them on Ixnay and Jim Lindberg and Jack Grisham provided them for Splinter. Another, thing, why not just get Noodles or Greg for them? After all, Noodles did the backing vocals on Defy You.

Ceej

Ceejio21
02-04-2006, 04:15 PM
After listening to 'Defy You' again, I really do feel that Noodles studio vocals are really strong and powerful.

So Noodles, if by any chance you happen to read this, then there's a suggestion for the forthcoming album. Get your backing vocals behind some of the songs. I think they're awesome.

Little_Miss_1565
02-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I'd imagine because it's fun to get your friends into the studio with you and involve them in what you're working on.

Original prankstA
02-04-2006, 04:32 PM
I've always wondered, why do the guys get guest vocalists to feature on their albums? I mean, generally Dexter does his own backing vocals on all the songs as it is. But Davey Havoc from AFI provided them on Ixnay and Jim Lindberg and Jack Grisham provided them for Splinter. Another, thing, why not just get Noodles or Greg for them? After all, Noodles did the backing vocals on Defy You.

Ceej
that's only for recordings, but live noodles and greg do do most backing vocals

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Yeah, and Higgins with alot of backing vocals if he's around. :)

Jakebert
02-04-2006, 08:35 PM
It's not like they show off who does guest vocals on their stuff or anything anyway.

And a lot of bands do it. Ben Folds had Weird Al do backing vocals on his latest album for a song or two, and you never would have known the difference if he didn't credit him in the liner notes. It's just something bands do for fun.

darthdudeguy4
02-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Noodles did backing vocals on some of the albums(at least Co1,Splinter and Americana)
and Ron supposably did backing vocals on Smash