PDA

View Full Version : wolfmother

Lightning_Rod_Elders
02-04-2006, 08:32 PM
who here like wolfmother there an awesome oz band

Kerr
02-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Heard OF them, and one song called Woman. Nothing great, I thought it was OK.

Wolfmother
07-16-2006, 11:53 AM
listen to the white unicorn or dimension they are pretty good songs

Athom
07-16-2006, 12:08 PM
I really like them, they seem to have been sucked in to the whole 'rise of indie music' thing that's happening in the UK at the moment, but they're actually quite different and fresh sounding...

Wolfmother
07-16-2006, 12:10 PM
i totally agree i think they are a good fresh new band and i think they will be around for awhile

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-17-2006, 11:08 AM
I love Wolfmother. I picked up their album for a long drive on vacation, and really enjoyed it. "Dimension" and "Colossal" are my favorite songs. Their throwback thing is pretty sweet, but the band is starting to get overrated. "Woman" reminds me of something Zep might do, just not as good.

BuddyHolly
07-17-2006, 03:10 PM
i don't really like them

Yatesy
07-17-2006, 04:15 PM
I downloaded the album and I thought it was good, but not great. I like how they sort of have the retro 60/70's rock sound though.

dalaksta
07-17-2006, 06:04 PM
I've only heard them once, but they sounded pretty good.

Wolfmother
07-20-2006, 04:44 AM
Buddy holly what are you hearing impared :eek: wolfmother rock!!!

- -Lauren- -
07-20-2006, 12:47 PM
I got the song Woman. Oh my god. It's odd.

The song is 2:56. I counted how many seconds he actually sings, versus the guitars.

1:10 seconds worth of singing. What the hell? The song is almost 3 minutes long, and there's only short after a minute of actual LYRICS? That means the guitars take up 1:46 of the song.

Based on this conclusion, I would not buy their cd.

coke_a_holic
07-20-2006, 12:53 PM
You need to listen to more instrumental bands, Lauren, that isn't weird at all.

Also: Wolfmother sounds just like Black Sabbath, only with Robert Plant singing instead. I don't think they're very original as their entire sound was created for them, but I don't dislike them. They're good, but nothing fantastic or new.

- -Lauren- -
07-20-2006, 12:57 PM

Yeah, I do, but it's the same riff over and over and over and over again. It just got really old. If you're going to use less lyrics and more instruments, they should at least have a bit more creativity.

coke_a_holic
07-20-2006, 01:02 PM
I agree. The guitarist isn't very good, so the whole classic rock thing doesn't work. The lack of crazy solos makes them so much worse than they could be.

bouncingcoles
07-21-2006, 02:14 PM
there music makes me want to hurt myself.

.:SMASH:.
07-21-2006, 02:38 PM
i HATE wolfmother. they are shit.

Athom
07-21-2006, 03:16 PM

Also: Wolfmother sounds just like Black Sabbath, only with Robert Plant singing instead. I don't think they're very original as their entire sound was created for them, but I don't dislike them. They're good, but nothing fantastic or new.

I think it would be a bit harsh to just dismiss them as just a modern Sabbath, but yeah they do have that sound to them, defiantly. They’re not the most amazing band around, but they’re good, and they’ve got potential to flourish.

Sasoolero
07-22-2006, 01:48 PM
wolfmother is the best band afther the offspring ! i love all their songs, i love the riffs, the sound, and the solos of organ and guitar, it's a very good band !

Harnum
07-24-2006, 01:42 PM
One of my newest favorite bands! Picked up their CD and I love it! 1979, Colossal is VERY cool and Dimension is one of my newest favorite songs of all time! Great album, Great band! Absolutely FUCKING AWESOME!

ofsmurfsandpixies
07-24-2006, 01:54 PM
I really like them, they seem to have been sucked in to the whole 'rise of indie music' thing that's happening in the UK at the moment, but they're actually quite different and fresh sounding...

thats so fucking true-i hate it....panic at the disco bitces and stuff and everyone reckons there original and alternative

oh wolfmother seem ok
heavy if you play loud

Nineteen Seventy Nine
07-24-2006, 02:02 PM
One of my newest favorite bands! Picked up their CD and I love it! 1979, Colossal is VERY cool and Dimension is one of my newest favorite songs of all time! Great album, Great band! Absolutely FUCKING AWESOME!

Yeah, the Wolfmother version I have also has a bonus track of "Colossal (Live At The Big Day Out)". "Dimension" is their best song, or at least my favorite. That "Purple haze is in the sky!" gives me chills every time.

- -Lauren- -
07-24-2006, 02:03 PM
thats so fucking true-i hate it....panic at the disco bitces and stuff and everyone reckons there original and alternative

oh wolfmother seem ok
heavy if you play loud

Actually Panic! At the Disco is a very original band. I don't know why you exploded all of a sudden though. This is a Wolfmother thread.

Harnum
07-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah, the Wolfmother version I have also has a bonus track of "Colossal (Live At The Big Day Out)". "Dimension" is their best song, or at least my favorite. That "Purple haze is in the sky!" gives me chills every time.
It's just so <3

neocon58
07-24-2006, 11:06 PM
They just took Jet's place as the latest 70s rock revival band to hit it big.