PDA

View Full Version : Alice in chains

barangatang
02-05-2006, 10:46 PM
I think I'm really starting to like them. Could someone upload the album "dirt" for me? oh yeah and "what does everyone think of em....blah blah blah"

Hux
02-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Don't know too many of their songs but the ones I know are good, especially Them Bones.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Dirt's a little disappointing. Aside from the hit singles (Down in a Hole, Rooster, Would?, Angry Chair), which you've probably all heard as a mere consequence of being alive, the only two songs worth hearing are "Rain When I Die" and "Dirt."

dain84
02-05-2006, 11:56 PM
AIC is great. Their MTV unplugged performance was horrible though.

Yatesy
02-06-2006, 06:55 AM
I think Dirt is a great album, however it's nothing compared to Facelift. Anyway I'll up-load the song Gadsmack later as it's my favourite off that album.

ruroken
02-06-2006, 08:41 AM
I got Dirt. And it fucking sucked hard. God they suck.

DeAtHsTaR
02-06-2006, 08:26 PM
I got Dirt. And it fucking sucked hard. God they suck.
Each to his own I guess, but they are very talented.

ruroken
02-06-2006, 09:40 PM
I got it at the same time as Master Of Puppets, so Metallica blew it to hell and back. So basically, I couldn't notice any talent at all due to Metallica totally showing me new worlds of sound.

Camilamazed
02-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Stay away and Man in the box are the songs I like the most.

DeAtHsTaR
02-07-2006, 04:48 PM
I got it at the same time as Master Of Puppets, so Metallica blew it to hell and back. So basically, I couldn't notice any talent at all due to Metallica totally showing me new worlds of sound.
Oh I see. MoP is an amazing album, you can't compare the two bands!

the_GoDdEsS
02-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I liked Man in the Box. But I don't know enough by them to actually be able to tell whether they're good or bad.

Jerzidevil
02-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Alice in Chains' best album hands down was "Jar of Flies." Technically it was an EP but it was longer than some LPs and is more acoustic than anything. Dirt is okay, it seems like its missing something (although "Them Bones" is amazing). The self titled has a mix of really good and kinda bad/overly long. "Facelift" is definately 80s hair-metal influenced but still enjoyable, and the other mostly acoustic EP "SAP" is a good listen (they have the lead singers of Heart and Soundgarden/Audioslave sing on some of the songs, good ones though)

ruroken
02-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Oh god. Jar of Flies SUCKED. I wasn't even listening to any Metallica at that time, either.

grunge
02-10-2006, 09:25 AM
AIC is good band. Especially their song " Again " is my favourite. The guitar's riffs is perfect in this song.

pretty fly 88
03-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Alice In Chains is awesome. My favorite song by them is Rooster, which I feel is one of the most beautiful songs of all time. I also love Man In The Box, Them Bones, Would?, No Excuses, Angry Chair, I Stay Away, and Again.

ThrashedThrasher
03-09-2006, 06:07 PM
I grew up listening to Alice In Chains, the first song I ever heard (and forever my favorite) was "Rooster."

Alice is probably my number one favorite band for two reasons. That first reason is because they were one hell of a talented band (in terms of their overall sound), that second reason is because of Layne. The songs he wrote (along with Jerry Cantrell) really hit home with me and therefore I connect in a strong way with their music.

Now that I'm 15 and I understand the meaning of the lyrics and such, Alice in Chains brings forth a whole new kind of musical therapy for me. Layne's/Alice In Chains' music literally penetrated the hell of isolation and what it is like to be the loner on the outside.

I love all of their albums, but Facelift and Jar Of Flies get my vote for best albums, followed closely by their self titled.

My overall favorite songs are probably :

Bleed The Freak,
Confusion,
Heroin,
Nutshell,
No Excuses,
Brush Away,
Head Creeps,
Nothin' Song,
Them Bones,
Would?,
Rooster,
Angry Chair,
Hate To Feel,
Junkhead,
Am I Inside
Queen Of The Rodeo,
and Got Me Wrong (demo version only).

As for their MTV Unplugged performance, whoever the hell said it sucked, *stabs you in the eye with a spork.* I personally loved it, even though I refuse to watch it ever again because it makes me cry. You can see how drained out Layne is in it and it being the last er close to last show they ever did before Layne died kind of bugs me.

I guess it's one of those In The Womb kind of things, because when my mom was pregnant with me her and my father went to A LOT of club shows so I guess you could say I was exposed to pre grunge, grunge, and post grunge quite early. I'm thinking that that's it because Alice in Chains, Mad Season, Mother Love Bone, Pearl Jam, Temple Of The Dog, Soundgarden, and Mudhoney are my all time favorite bands.

I abhor Nirvana, enough said.

Come out and smash'em up!
03-24-2006, 04:26 AM
They suck totally!

barangatang
11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
wow. I was an Idiot. Btw, Jar Of Flies and their self titled are the most amazing . Layne staley had an amazing voice. I love Sap too.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Jar of Flies wins. Everything else fails except for the odd song here and there.

leo3375
11-08-2007, 07:04 PM
I was big on AIC when I was a teenager. And although I was saddened when Layne died I really wasn't surprised. Now the band is back together with a new singer but it just isn't the same. The vocal harmonies don't work as well unfortunately.

As for my favorite songs, I'm especially partial to "Angry Chair" and "I Stay Away."