PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawk BOOM BOOM Huck Jam (is this song from The Offspring?)

Morbis
02-06-2006, 05:36 PM
I've just became a fan of The Offspring. I picked up a copy of "Making of Tony Hawk's BOOM BOOM Huck Jam" DVD for my son and I guess they were one of the featured bands. Long story short, I dl'd a few songs from i-Tunes and ended up picking up four of their CDs now.

Question.... There is a song that is played twice on the DVD "Making of Tony Hawk's BOOM BOOM Huck Jam" that I really like, but I haven't found it on i-Tunes. I was told in a skating forum that one of the members believed it was the Offspring.

The song is played during the end credits on the DVD as well as during the "bonus features" in Las Vegas during the "Doubles" session where everyone is on the ramps on the bikes, motos & skating.

Only part of the lyrics I can think of right now is ...

"I've got a question, without a reason...."

What is the name of this song and is it by The Offspring? If not, could someone please post the artist (I know there is another forum for other bands). I'd like to add this song to my collection.

Thanks!

DeAtHsTaR
02-06-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't believe that's them. Maybe they covered it? I think they probably did some covers in that video. What are some more lyrics if you can watch it again? Also, you might be hearing the lyrics wrong. Does it sound like them singing?

Glad to see a new fan that's older than most.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-06-2006, 06:08 PM
The song I believe is "Huck It" which is by the Offspring, it is more of a rare kind of track. I had to download it from here. http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=435280 If you want go to that link, find Huck It (it is alphabetized) and press download now and then download file. Press open and then it will then play on your iTunes and be saved.

DeAtHsTaR
02-06-2006, 06:10 PM
The song I believe is "Huck It" which is by the Offspring, it is more of a rare kind of track. I had to download it from here. http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=435280 If you want go to that link, find Huck It (it is alphabetized) and press download now and then download file. Press open and then it will then play on your iTunes and be saved.
I haven't seen the movie, but the lyrics he stated aren't in Huck It.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-06-2006, 06:17 PM
I haven't seen the movie, but the lyrics he stated aren't in Huck It.

I googled something like "making of tony hawk boom boom huck jam offspring" and "Huck It" came up quite a few times.

Morbis
02-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the replies, but that is not the song. I downloaded it and listened.

"older than most" Thanks... I grew up with Zepplin, Rush, etc.

I watched the end credits again (btw, they do not credit the song in the credits) Also, it does sound like The Offspring, but keep in mind, I am a new fan. Someone suggested Social Distortion, who also played at the same show. But it doesn't sound like them and I also listened to a bunch of their songs on i-Tunes.

I wrote down what I think are part of the lyrics... They are in order I heard them. The beginning of the song, I am sure of, but I lose it by the time it gets to the chorus which I don't understand.
-----------------

Looks like you got me
Right where you want me
So this is what it's about
I've got a question
Without a reason
It seems to lead me here......

(later on in the song after the chorus)

It hurts me
To see you blue
I thought I knew you
I thought you knew me.......

---------------------------------

That's about all I could gather.

Thanks again and please let me know if you have ideas!

DeAtHsTaR
02-06-2006, 06:40 PM
That's not the lyrics of any Offspring song that I know of... Damn, this is strange.

Drummerguy123
02-06-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't recognize it either.

DeAtHsTaR
02-06-2006, 06:43 PM
I googled it and this is what I got.
http://www.shortiemusic.com/guests/index.php?entry=410

The lyrics you posted are on there. Look like the song is called "5 seconds," and maybe the band is called Shortie?

So what albums have you picked up so far?
Ps, Rush kicks ass.

Morbis
02-06-2006, 06:57 PM
That's it! "5 Seconds" by Shortie!

Sorry it's not The Offspring....

I picked up the Greatest Hits on i-Tunes and have that on the i-Pod. The only CDs I didn't get were Ignition and Ixnay on the Hombre and Splinter.

Thanks for the help!

Drummerguy123
02-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Wow, you don't have their 2 best albums. BUY THEM NOW! *shakes fist*

DeAtHsTaR
02-06-2006, 07:01 PM
That's it! "5 Seconds" by Shortie!

Sorry it's not The Offspring....

I picked up the Greatest Hits on i-Tunes and have that on the i-Pod. The only CDs I didn't get were Ignition and Ixnay on the Hombre and Splinter.

Thanks for the help!
Cool. You HAVE to pick up Ixnay on the Hombre and Ignition. They're brilliant! Ixnay is better IMO though.
Wait, so you already have the self-titled album?

Llamas
02-06-2006, 09:12 PM
ignition and ixnay are by far their best. I love all the songs on ignition- not a poorly written one on that album... but ixnay has their best songs on it.

Venom Symbiote
02-07-2006, 03:24 AM
I like Ignition more, but Ixnay is the better record, without a doubt.

In terms of maturity, virtuosity, and just general song-writing proficiency, it's their defining work. Not to mention having huge sentimental value, in terms of how it affected me.

Ignition just has some sweet-yet-juvenile tracks though, it's more raw and less refined, but is just rockin' good atmosphere music at the same time.

Llamas
02-07-2006, 04:09 PM
yeah, I think ixnay usually trumps as my favorite, but the other day I was going through all my albums and checking the bad songs on each one, and there aren't any on ignition... I really like every song on that one. Ixnay doesn't have any skippable tracks, but there are some that I think the album could've gone without. Ixnay is much more mature and lyrically progressed... and a lot of passion... but Ignition just has some amazing energy. I feel like Ignition was the hyper energetic album, smash was the angry metal album, and then Ixnay was the coming of age smart album.

Hyper nova
02-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Mate no offence but there is no hyphen (-) after the i in both iTunes and iPod, But hey any way Glad to see Offspring are still gaining new fans after all this time, Also Get Ixnay ASAP come to think of it Get all three. Oh I Assume apart from the GH You have CDs instead of iTMS Downloads As I know Depending on the Country like me in the UK Can't Download the S/T and can't download THe Whole album of CO1. So you might have missed some stuff. This is why i want Offspring to have a multi platinum album so Apple will update their offspring stuff and so people like our friend here can get everything and not just bits and pieces. Its Ok if your in the States I think but even thats a bit sparse And i wish we had Music Videos and they put up Can't Repeat (New version) Thats High Quality Legal and with out Fuse Stuff all over the screen :), ANd all the rare B-sides.