PDA

View Full Version : Gap stores

Sunny
02-06-2006, 07:11 PM
hi.

I'm doing a little customer study thing regarding Gap stores. It isn't so much about the merchandise as it is about the stores themselves, the layout, the employees, the atmosphere... etc.

If you have any (positive or negative) Gap store experiences... well, share, help me out and i'll love you forever.

;x

nieh
02-06-2006, 07:15 PM
I've never shopped at the Gap. One of my friends, however, used to work at the Gap. She said one time there was little kid that tried on clothes in the dressing room and peed the pants he was trying on. One of her co-workers took them and put them straight on the clearance rack without washing them or anything. That doesn't sound like fun.

OffspringPsycho
02-06-2006, 07:15 PM
The people at the one by me are really nice, almost too nice. Almost to the point where it's extremely annoying because they stand outside your door while you try something on and things like that. Overall it's a crappy store but the customer service is good. :p

Isolated Fury
02-06-2006, 07:57 PM
I have only been inside of a Gap store when my brother was shopping/visiting his friend. But whenever I stepped inside, I felt like I was entering the realm of a crazy cult.

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2006, 08:30 PM
I dunno if this helps, but it always really irritates me when I see a really cute outfit on a mannequin or up on a wall and then no part of the outfit is available for purchase anywhere in the store. I fell in love with that skirt, dammit, why can't it be mine? Maybe more truth in what they show?

Sunny
02-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Oooh, I never knew that. thanks!

other stuff i meant to ask: (if you have the time :p)

how's the space - between the racks, etc? is it adequate, or do you have people brushing against you all the time?

how do you feel about the store as an experience (the decor, staff, etc)?

is the placement/order of items logical?

how's the in-store advertising and signage?

beep. free sunnyhugs for everyone who replies!

Little_Miss_1565
02-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Every Gap I've ever been in has been quite spacious and clean-lined. I've never been in one in a place where space is at a premium though--I was way too poor the summer I lived in NYC.

I'm also not very fond of in-store signage--I know I'm in the Gap because I entered the freakin' store, y'know?

Isolated Fury
02-06-2006, 08:38 PM
It looked too clean.

Sunny
02-06-2006, 08:39 PM
hahah. they have a tendency to post huuuuge ads all over the place. it's like.. ok, i get it, stfu!

do they hand out baskets or totes for easier shopping? =/

man, i really should've gone to the fucking Gap prior to doing this assignment... :(

Sunny
02-06-2006, 08:40 PM
It looked too clean.

That's really interesting... i, too, feel that the Gap isn't much of an 'experience'. it's just a department store and that's it, if that makes sense. it's too sterile.

Rag Doll
02-06-2006, 09:02 PM
This might just be the store near me, but it always looks sort of...empty. Like...if they have a sweater in 5 colors, they'll only have like 2 or 3 of each color, and you're fucked if those aren't in your size. Its like...spacious to a fault, almost. Again, that might only be the one in the mall i go to though.

Sunny
02-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Actually, last time I went to a Gap store, i had the same feeling.. it just didn't seem fully stocked for some reason.

woot!

0r4ng3
02-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Just going into the store was a bad store experience. But, y'know, that's just me. I know people like the place, but I just don't.

Sunny
02-07-2006, 04:42 PM
elaborate and you'll get a sunnyhug. or something else of your choice.

T-6005
02-07-2006, 04:43 PM
He's too punk for Gap. Obviously.

In any case, I've never really much liked Gap stores. They really do seem to waste a lot of space.

0r4ng3
02-07-2006, 04:45 PM
There's not much to elaborate on. I went into the Gap once, but I didn't like it. I guess it's because the store felt empty. Or perhaps it was too bright. It could even be because I simply don't like the clothes they had.

Edit: Also, teh Gap isn't tru punx.

Sunny
02-07-2006, 05:11 PM
that's exactly what i meant by "elaborate" =p the brightness/emptiness comment..

yey!