PDA

View Full Version : Sound of the Lounge- new alt UK punk

Nick_MX
02-07-2006, 02:15 PM
hey dudes...

if anyone fancied following the link below and listening to my bands 3 demo tracks, any comments would be appreciated!

i say God Song is our best of the 3!

no downloading required! happy listening guys!

http://www.freewebs.com/sounge/music.htm

coke_a_holic
02-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Too impatient to wait for it to load, but the descriptions of the songs paint a picture. A picture that says "DON'T LISTEN TO THIS, IT'S A HORRIBLE ATTEMPT AT BEING FUNNY" in bold red letters. If the only redeeming quality in a song is that the word "fuck" is used a lot, chances are it fucking sucks and isn't worth listening to. If you want more listens, I suggest you get some better taglines to keep people like me interested.

Nick_MX
02-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Too impatient to wait for it to load, but the descriptions of the songs paint a picture. A picture that says "DON'T LISTEN TO THIS, IT'S A HORRIBLE ATTEMPT AT BEING FUNNY" in bold red letters. If the only redeeming quality in a song is that the word "fuck" is used a lot, chances are it fucking sucks and isn't worth listening to. If you want more listens, I suggest you get some better taglines to keep people like me interested.

good point, sorry it took so long to load dude.

i think james (keyboardist) did the tags lines after not sleeping for 20 hours! not at his best i'm afraid!

think people here might like the god song, some good music in it.

i would say....

Filthy Mastictor: straight up Sex Pistol's style punk, with good reason to remember to lock you door whilst.... masticating

God Song: Synth Punk that makes you be a good boy, cos we can here him, and he tells us you're fucked!

Trainwreck: non-sensical funk-punk that doesn't make you a feel like a fool naked jigging too in the morning whilst getting dressed!

punker
02-08-2006, 12:06 PM
after reading your post above, i though it was crap, but i listened to them anyway, i hated that two songs with the sinth to high specially god song i couldnt stand it more than 5 sec, i liked the music in Filthy Masticator, i cant rate the lyrics because i dont understand nothing in english but the voice overall in the songs sounds like your band are trying to do funny punk, which i like, when it comes loaded with fast struming, otherwise i hate it. your music reminded me the killers, probably because of the keyboard, that isnt a bad thing at all, but unless your band get better i wouldnt buy that EP, IMO.

Nick_MX
02-08-2006, 01:58 PM
that's cool dude. many thanks! i don;t expect everyine to like it, but all comments are gratefully received! they are kind old songs now anyways, we recorded that EP 10 months ago now.

also james has a much better keyboard now, which means we have an awful lot more to play with.

his old casio is the equivilent of trying to do astro physics with a abacus!

Sin Studly
02-11-2006, 10:57 AM
This, is to music, what tubgirl is to the internet.

Nick_MX
02-11-2006, 10:58 AM
that's bad right?

Kylethedood
02-11-2006, 11:04 AM
dude they're just jealous because your from the uk...
and u have a band that's better than The Offspring (that was a joke)
check out my songs www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/the_bud

Sin Studly
02-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah I wish I was ugly and untalented like the rest of the British. :(

Nick_MX
02-11-2006, 11:21 AM
dude they're just jealous because your from the uk...
and u have a band that's better than The Offspring (that was a joke)
check out my songs www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/the_bud

hey man, that's pretty cool! i like it!

I wish my band was better than the offspring.... then i wouldn't be living in my current dive! :D

still glad you saw the funny side of the tunes! I wish i could get a copy to Jack Black and Kyle Gass, they'd appreciate it!

Kylethedood
02-11-2006, 11:29 AM
you're cool,

could u send me a few of your tunes so i can put them into a budget movie i'm making?

Kylethedood
02-11-2006, 11:35 AM
the movie's going to be called The Grass Monster, it's going to be the best movie ever made... and funny!

Nick_MX
02-11-2006, 11:52 AM
dontl; think it will be a problem, PM me your email addy, and i'll check with the guys!

Kylethedood
02-11-2006, 11:59 AM
i put my email on your guestbook man,
go on let me put your songs in my Grass Monster movie

Nick_MX
02-13-2006, 03:27 PM
i put my email on your guestbook man,
go on let me put your songs in my Grass Monster movie

done and done!