PDA

View Full Version : new journal

offspringing
02-07-2006, 07:13 PM
i dont know if you guys noticed but dexter updated and you should go read it asap if you didnt already

DeAtHsTaR
02-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Holy shit, did you read the last sentence?

THEY RE-RECORDED DIRTY MAGIC, AND HE'S NOT TALKING ABOUT THE ACOUSTIC! I am so fucking happy right now........

offspringing
02-07-2006, 07:18 PM
i know me too, i cant wait to hear it

alistair13
02-07-2006, 07:18 PM
^^ i'm in shock... holy shit that's awesome.

Llamas
02-07-2006, 07:20 PM
omg
1) I'm so happy about the update and that he seems to plan on doing it more often.
2) I really hope they work on the new album instead of go back on tour.
3) NEW DIRTY MAGIC!!! Oh dear god I wanna hear it!!

DeAtHsTaR
02-07-2006, 07:20 PM
I know it'll sound great, it's an amazing song, just bad recording quality.

edit: Do you think they'll release it as a single?

Llamas
02-07-2006, 07:22 PM
oh that would be sweet. it would be an incredible choice for a single.

OffspringPsycho
02-07-2006, 07:23 PM
holy shit, This will be so awesome, dirt magic is one of my favorite songs! :eek:

offspringing
02-07-2006, 07:26 PM
i wonder what they done to it i know its going to so awsome oh man i cant wait

punker
02-07-2006, 07:56 PM
OMFG!!!! he's actually reading us!!!! NOODLES WRITE A JOURNAL NOW!!!!!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-07-2006, 08:07 PM
NOODLES YOU BLOODY FUCK [sorry] WRITE A JOURNAL!!

punker
02-07-2006, 08:08 PM
i wanna see camilamazed's reaction when she find this out

Sinister
02-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

edit : Now that I've begun overcoming the shock, I gotta say, CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TO HEAR !!!

Dexter, Noodles, or anyone : MAKE THE ADMINS PUT IT ON THE SITE. Please.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Im just in complete mother fucking shock man! THEY RE RE-FUCKING-CORDED DIRTY MAGIC! God please let it be a single

ForsakenProdigy
02-07-2006, 08:29 PM
I wonder if Greg will ever write anything :rolleyes:

jacknife737
02-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Fuck Yeah, Dirty Magic, is probably my favourite song.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah I'm glad they are re-recording it but we already have 2 versions.. I don't see too much of a point. I would of been alot more happier if he would of said they are working on an album more like Ignition. But yeah, I want to hear this new version and I would like them to do "LAPD" again.

Camilamazed
02-07-2006, 08:56 PM
i wanna see camilamazed's reaction when she find this out

DEXTER WANNA FUCKING KILL ME......

Dexter_H
02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
I hope they record a new album, not tour. They have been touring nearlly non stop since Splinter, I think it's time for some new material.

Camilamazed
02-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I hope they record a new album, not tour. They have been touring nearlly non stop since Splinter, I think it's time for some new material.

I'm sure they're working on something new ;)

Little_Miss_1565
02-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Oh my crap a new recording of "Dirty Magic"...I'm trying not to fangirl out...trying really, really hard...

Camilamazed
02-07-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm trying not to fangirl out...trying really, really hard...

Sorry for my stupidity, but is it a good or a bad thing? :o

offspringbaby2004
02-07-2006, 09:45 PM
It seems that everyone is excited about this new recording of Dirty Magic :)
I can't wait to hear it! Dirty Magic is defiantly in my top 10 Offspring songs.

~mandy~

Little_Miss_1565
02-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Sorry for my stupidity, but is it a good or a bad thing? :o

Oh, it's a beautiful thing that my favorite fucking song has been rerecordered. I'm just trying really hard not to flip out and shriek and make a scene. And I might soon fail.

Camilamazed
02-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Oh, it's a beautiful thing that my favorite fucking song has been rerecordered. I'm just trying really hard not to flip out and shriek and make a scene. And I might soon fail.

I see, thanks Sarah.....

PS: You can freak out.. I think it's awesome hehe

Ceejio21
02-07-2006, 11:16 PM
I'd much prefer them to stay at home and do some recording rather than going on tour. New songs all the way!!

Hypodermic_89
02-07-2006, 11:42 PM
omg
1) I'm so happy about the update and that he seems to plan on doing it more often.

I second that :)

Beheaded
02-07-2006, 11:48 PM
I second that :)
Nearly a third one.
BUT: please come to Europe for a few festivals. Or only one in Germany. :D PLEASE! We've got the best beer and of course Jaegermeister, you know. ;)

Regards from the german Offspring-Forum. (http://www.dexter2000.de/offspring_new/wbb2/index.php)

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Do you guys think maybe they'll put the new Dirty Magic on the new album?! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Guys, don't go on tour, work on the new album, plus you'll go and play in europe when the new album is out anyway! :p

Noodles, get with the journal updating! lol

Offspring rule! :D (i'm over-excited because of the journal, sorry)

Llamas
02-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Nearly a third one.
BUT: please come to Europe for a few festivals. Or only one in Germany. :D PLEASE! We've got the best beer and of course Jaegermeister, you know. ;)

Regards from the german Offspring-Forum. (http://www.dexter2000.de/offspring_new/wbb2/index.php)

where in germany do you live? I'm majoring in german studies, and trying to study in Austria next year.

and I want the guys to release a b-sides album. the new dirty magic would be great on there.

Obie2trice
02-08-2006, 02:32 AM
About the festivals in the summer: Come to Lowlands in Holland! :)

gijserman
02-08-2006, 05:34 AM

Yeah, please do!! See it as a day off from recording ;)

Venom Symbiote
02-08-2006, 07:54 AM
:D

Now THIS is what I was referring to that was lacking in the last two most recent journals. News.

:) This is something substantial that we can get excited about until the record production kicks into gear.

Nice one, props to Dex on the heads-up.

Now let's analyse every little detail geekily and see how close we get to the finished product, shall we? Haha. Let the discussion begin!

P.S. Whoever said the production quality on Ignition was crappy is laying into the X pills a little too much. It was less clean, but it was still high-quality as far as indie records go. Here's hoping D/M isn't *too* "studio-soundy" like most of the recent stuff, like someone else said.

And does anyone have any idea whether or not they're sticking with Brenden O'Brien for the new disc? It's about time for a change, as far as their history goes: catalogue seems to change producers every 2 or 3 albums. I wouldn't mind Dave Jerden back again, but once more...the past tends to indicate it'll be someone new entirely.

Kinda exciting. I like Brenden's work, and he seems like a cool guy, but I think we've had enough of that "clean Pearl Jam-y" sound for a while, no? Let's here some guitar beefiness with less synths and studio effects. Rick Rubin would be a dream, but I can't see that happening, for some reason. Did anyone else like Butch Vig's work with them post-Co1? I seem to be the only one who dug his "Total Immortal" interpretation, along with the other tracks he did.

DeAtHsTaR
02-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Butch Vig is a great producer. I think they'll probably get Jerry Finn.

Little_Miss_1565
02-08-2006, 08:25 AM
I actually haven't liked Brendan O'Brien's work on Offspring albums much. With other bands, it works out great, but I'm not sure he's the producer to really bring out the best of the band.

Beheaded
02-08-2006, 08:37 AM
where in germany do you live? I'm majoring in german studies, and trying to study in Austria next year.

and I want the guys to release a b-sides album. the new dirty magic would be great on there.
I live in Duesseldorf. I great city near a little fucked up town, called Cologne or something like that. :D Sorry, an insider.

Pinkpop in Holland is a good idea for a festival in europe. And it's not far away from here. :cool: Please, only one or two... PLEASE!!! :(

DeAtHsTaR
02-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Hopefully, they finish recording before summer so then they can hit the festivals! Metallica is doing the Euro festivals too, imagine that! Seeing The Offspring and Metallica at the same show..... ;)

Mimile
02-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Oh Yeah Dexter I Fuckin' Love You !!!

Call it an Obsession
02-08-2006, 09:03 AM
:) :) :D dirty magic... my dreams have come true. i really did dream this day would come

offspring_freak_3
02-08-2006, 09:32 AM
oh my fuckin god!!!!!! i'm so damn happy!
lmao, i hope they release the new album soon, i cant wait anymore!

*jumps around*

Rutegard
02-08-2006, 09:36 AM
omg

i fucking agree with u!!

vintagepunkrock7
02-08-2006, 09:55 AM
haha, i failed, i totally freaked out, good thing nobody was home to see it. i cant wait to hear this recording, i just cant sit still now lol.

HeadAroundU
02-08-2006, 10:05 AM
And does anyone have any idea whether or not they're sticking with Brenden O'Brien for the new disc? It's about time for a change, as far as their history goes: catalogue seems to change producers every 2 or 3 albums. I wouldn't mind Dave Jerden back again, but once more...the past tends to indicate it'll be someone new entirely.

Kinda exciting. I like Brenden's work, and he seems like a cool guy, but I think we've had enough of that "clean Pearl Jam-y" sound for a while, no? Let's here some guitar beefiness with less synths and studio effects. Rick Rubin would be a dream, but I can't see that happening, for some reason. Did anyone else like Butch Vig's work with them post-Co1? I seem to be the only one who dug his "Total Immortal" interpretation, along with the other tracks he did.
It's time to change.
Hell yeah!
I love Total Immortal and Bloodstains. I would like to see him doing the record. I think they'll get Jerry Finn.

RonWelty
02-08-2006, 10:48 AM
i heard that THE OFFSPRING were invited both to ROCK IN RIO 2006 LISBOA and to SUPER BOCK SUPER ROCK 2006 in Lisbon too ... please play here :D

offspring_freak_3
02-08-2006, 10:51 AM
^^i've heard that too, but in the Rock In Rio here in brazil :D

RonWelty
02-08-2006, 10:52 AM
^^i've heard that too, but in the Rock In Rio here in brazil :Dehehe ROCK IN RIO is better here in Lisbon :D

offspring_freak_3
02-08-2006, 10:54 AM
^^ i cant say anything about the rock in rio cause i've never be in there. :( but would be awesome if they come here, cause i can go now :D

Camilamazed
02-08-2006, 11:18 AM
I hope they do not play at a huge festival. Festivals are good but not with our favorite band.

Lithuanian Offspring
02-08-2006, 11:44 AM
They should put Dirty Magic on the new record and release it as the first single. Then die-hard offspring fans could get to see this great song on video.They should also release the album ASAP and go on tour in Europe, maybe play some smaller shows in smaller countries. More on the NEW RECORD!!!! Please

punker
02-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I hope they do not play at a huge festival. Festivals are good but not with our favorite band.

why not? i want to see them in rock in park here, impossible, but dreaming is costless

Camilamazed
02-08-2006, 12:10 PM
I prefer not seeing them at festivals because sometimes you have to stand bands you don't like to see them afterwards. I like to stay in the fronmt row, It'd be terrible spending my day watching gigs of bands I don't like.

Lithuanian Offspring
02-08-2006, 12:14 PM
I prefer not seeing them at festivals because sometimes you have to stand bands you don't like to see them afterwards. I like to stay in the fronmt row, It'd be terrible spending my day watching gigs of bands I don't like.
I mean small clubs. Where it's like 100 people packed into one small room and them playing.

ashtray_girl_1
02-08-2006, 12:30 PM
:D i'm totally happy about the new record, but i don't really care about the tour or festivals....:( *cries*

they won't come to croatia and even if they did my parents would NEVER let me go to zagreb alone :o

Amiralanal
02-08-2006, 12:37 PM

Dude, maybe you need to try listening to something else than offspring.

like: ''i dont like going to festivals, cuz then i have to hear other bands than the offspring''

Ninty Man
02-08-2006, 12:39 PM

like: ''i dont like going to festivals, cuz then i have to hear other bands than the offspring''

Coldplay, Green Day, Gorillaz, and Robbie Williams counts???

Hey, he wrote it on my birthday!!!

Camilamazed
02-08-2006, 01:02 PM

Don't talk about what you don't know...... If you knew me well you would have known that I listen to a lot of bands other than offspring, and I go to concerts a lot, specially from bands I don't know because I have seen my favorite bands more than once..... Including Green day.

Camilamazed
02-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Coldplay, Green Day, Gorillaz, and Robbie Williams counts???

Hey, he wrote it on my birthday!!!

Cold play is a good band... I'm an open minded girl, I listen to a lot of things.

Rufus
02-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Dexter Holland would be in Holland

Tux_Rocks
02-08-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't mind if they don't play at festivals this summer. After all, they should be in the studio making fantastic new songs. I'd really like to hear some demos, that would make me wet myself with excitement! :D I'd like to hear a better recorded version of Dirty Magic as well. :)

noodle654
02-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Ok, Dexter, Noodles, Greg, and Atom. I will ask nicely for you, but could you be so kind to tell us what you are going to do with the new Dirty Magic?? And, post on forums and journals please. Oh one last thing Dexter, can you get Greg and Atom on this too!! Thanks man! :)

DeAtHsTaR
02-08-2006, 03:54 PM
I think Dirty Magic will be a hidden track.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Or the last song

peko
02-08-2006, 03:59 PM
I think Dirty Magic will be a hidden track.

Yeah that would make sense. Or you never know.

But Dexter said they plan to record some new songs DURING the summer instead of playing festivals... that would mean we probably wouldn't expect an album until fall at the soonest.

Gayman
02-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Recording Dirty Magic in the new equipment, it would sound awesome! It sounds awesome still when it was recorded in -91, maybe it sounds better cause it sounds "old", maybe the new wont sound so great because of that...don't know. But what ever other song they will re-record is the same...they are all awesome!
(I used ALOT of the word "soud" or "sounds" :D . Hope you get my post! :o )

Drummerguy123
02-08-2006, 04:36 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!! Dirty magic would be a PERFECT single! Not only would it make the die-hard fans really really happy with a video for it, it would show the rest of the world that they take their music seriously (Pretty Fly, anyon?) AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! *dances in excitement* I'm soooooooooooo happy!!!!!!! *twirls fingers* :D :D :D

Fspring
02-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Dunno about it, but perhaps it's a kinda weird thing to re-edit a song (which is a great song actually). I don't know any other bands that have done it, but that doesn't mean The Offspring can't do it.... I just hope they do because it's a great song... i never get tired of hearing it... :D

Venom Symbiote
02-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Goddammit, Ignition wasn't bad-quality recording. I hope they DON'T make it too "clean" sounding, it would ruin the track in my opinion. "Dirty Magic" sort of needs to be raw, it's part of its appeal.

And yeah, I agree with the couple of people who said they'll probably use Jerry Finn for the new album. Which I'm a little worried about. He's a good producer, sure, but is very similar to O'Brien. I'm not sure he's the right guy.

Haha, Thom Wilson would be a funny tribute to the old days. Won't happen, though. ;)

I'm just hoping for someone new entirely who happens to not be named Jerry Finn. :)

I'd settle on Vig, too.

Drummerguy123
02-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Dunno about it, but perhaps it's a kinda weird thing to re-edit a song (which is a great song actually). I don't know any other bands that have done it, but that doesn't mean The Offspring can't do it.... I just hope they do because it's a great song... i never get tired of hearing it... :D

What i think they are trying to do is get one of their biggest underground hits and turn it into a mainstream hit. Obviously, it's 14 years too late to release the original Dirty magic as a single from Ignition, but if they re-do it and put it on a new cd, they will get that opportunity again.

Beheaded
02-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Hopefully, they finish recording before summer
Haha, good joke. :p

Llamas
02-09-2006, 02:20 AM
I hope that redoing it is similar to how the redid beheaded, and not trying to spice it up to their current style. And I would love it if it was a single. love love love love!!! If it's a single, though, it won't be a hidden track. And I want them to get a new producer this time around, o'brien wasn't so great... jerden was good.

Venom Symbiote
02-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Jerden = cool bananas.

But I can't see it happening again. Who are some other good producers they've never used? Apart from the "big guns" like Vig, Rubin, and O'Brien I'm not really too familiar with the influential and talented people in that particular scene.

*laughs* Get it produced by the Chemical Brothers or something. That'd be so hideously awesome. I wouldn't know whether to cry, or grin stupidly for a week, if that were announced.

An entire record of "Living In Chaos" would ensue. :eek:

Llamas
02-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Steve Albini= GOD. He needs to produce it. I would about die.

DeAtHsTaR
02-09-2006, 04:54 PM
I hope that redoing it is similar to how the redid beheaded, and not trying to spice it up to their current style. And I would love it if it was a single. love love love love!!! If it's a single, though, it won't be a hidden track. And I want them to get a new producer this time around, o'brien wasn't so great... jerden was good.
Next to You was hidden and it was a single. It got into the modern rock top 30.

Llamas
02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
what? really? i never heard it on the radio. weird. I mean, I don't listen to the radio, but in passing I'd heard "can't repeat" several times.

Venom Symbiote
02-09-2006, 06:16 PM
"Next To You" and "Spare Me The Details" were both released to radio in Australia. I don't think the latter was in the U.S.

That doesn't make them singles, though. They weren't released on a seperate disc like all the rest.

Drummerguy123
02-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Next to You was hidden and it was a single. It got into the modern rock top 30.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever known a band that couls make a hidden song reach the top 30. :D

DeAtHsTaR
02-09-2006, 09:10 PM
"Next To You" and "Spare Me The Details" were both released to radio in Australia. I don't think the latter was in the U.S.

That doesn't make them singles, though. They weren't released on a seperate disc like all the rest.
They had promos of them that was one song.

vanessa
02-10-2006, 04:55 AM
i just noticed the new journal today :o , and i wanted to thank dexter to do that cause i feel he really consider us and itīs really great.
sorry for interrupting your dialoge :o