PDA

View Full Version : the vines

jesusofsuburbia3
02-07-2006, 11:12 PM
anyone else listen to them? i bought both of their albums while their singles were huge (Get Free, Ride) and never even bothered to listen to the whole album until recently. i gotta say, theyre pretty kickass, like Nirvana + Ryan Adams. if you give it a listen it catches on and rocks.

they broke up shortly after 'winning days' (ride) came out, but apparently came back together, and their guitarist has/had cancer or somrhting tragic, but now hes good i think? new album in april06 from what i know

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-08-2006, 08:05 PM
I like them... their singles are played alot (Ride, Get Free, Outtathaway!)

yay
02-08-2006, 09:31 PM
As you may or may not know The Vines are an Australian band. They were performing at a small fans only gig set up by radio station Triple M. At the gig the lead singer (Obviously drugged off his head) went nuts and threw a microphone at a fan, and apparently put on a shocking performance. They were banned from the radio station meaning none of their songs were ever played again on it. Since then they have pretty much gotten nothing but bad press.

I liked Get Free though.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 05:31 PM
As you may or may not know The Vines are an Australian band. They were performing at a small fans only gig set up by radio station Triple M. At the gig the lead singer (Obviously drugged off his head) went nuts and threw a microphone at a fan, and apparently put on a shocking performance. They were banned from the radio station meaning none of their songs were ever played again on it. Since then they have pretty much gotten nothing but bad press.

I liked Get Free though.

I never knew that... yeah that lead singer looks so f**ked up in his videos.

Jakebert
02-09-2006, 06:03 PM
If there's one thing I hate more than Nirvana, it's even crappier bands that sound exactly like Nirvana.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 06:07 PM
If there's one thing I hate more than Nirvana, it's even crappier bands that sound exactly like Nirvana.

I would have never compared the two... but then come to think of it, they do sound a little alike.

Jakebert
02-09-2006, 06:10 PM
What? Every article every written about them talks about how they sound like Nirvana...

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
What? Every article every written about them talks about how they sound like Nirvana...

I don't read articles

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:15 PM
They may take influences, but don't sound exactly like them. Only mildly if you ask me.

I don't really like them anyway. The lead singer is too much of a cock for my liking.

Jakebert
02-09-2006, 06:17 PM
They don't outgrow any influences though. They sound way too much like their heros.

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:29 PM
They don't outgrow any influences though. They sound way too much like their heros.
Yeah, one reason why they kind of suck.

Jakebert
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I can't stand them. I hated how when they came out everyone was calling them the saviors of rock because I just couldn't see it at all.

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Pah, they say that about every new band who are popular. Such an overused phrase. It's also deadly, as 9/10 the latest "saviours of rock" fail.

That_Guy91
02-09-2006, 07:01 PM
*ahem* 99%

Andy
02-09-2006, 07:21 PM
I stand corrected.