PDA

View Full Version : Official Computer Problems Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

0r4ng3
02-08-2006, 03:18 PM
It sure seems that way, doesn't it? There's always something wrong with the compy.

This time, I wanted to play Warcraft III, so I simply put the disk in the drive. It loads for a bit, then the computer restarts itself. It has some kind of error message in the black and white screen, but I press F1 to pass it.

The CD was stuck in the drive, so I used a paper clip to get it out. The light on the drive keeps blinking, and it's not responding to the button. I went to the My Computer folder, and there's no icon for the D drive.

So, any ideas on what's going on here?

Edit: If you have any computer problems, please post them in this thread.

nieh
02-08-2006, 03:22 PM
a) the drive broke
b) the drive's connection to the rest of the computer is loose
c) the power to the drive is loose.

Try opening the computer and disconnecting/reconnecting it. It's helped me before.

0r4ng3
02-08-2006, 03:23 PM
I simply shut of the computer and started it back up, and now it's working fine. That'll change, of course, once I try to put the CD back in.

Thanks for your help anyway.

0r4ng3
02-08-2006, 03:35 PM
As long as that's settled, I have a new problem.

Y'know how computers can have separate users, right? Well, WC3 is installed on my brother's user account (on the same computer), but it's saying that it's not installed on mine. Do I have to install it again?

Camilamazed
02-08-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm the winner when it comes to computer problems. No one can tell me what goes on. I turn on my computer and after 15 minutes it turns off. I have to pull it out of the switch to turn on it again after several minutes....

Any ideas of what it could be?????

nieh
02-08-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm the winner when it comes to computer problems. No one can tell me what goes on. I turn on my computer and after 15 minutes it turns off. I have to pull it out of the switch to turn on it again after several minutes....

Any ideas of what it could be?????

Could be overheating. My old computer used to do that because the fan fell off the processor. It wasn't broken so I turned my computer sideways and stuck it on top of the processor where it normally would've been and it worked fine from then on.

Camilamazed
02-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I thought it was overheating as well. I replaced the part responsible for that but it wouldn't solve the problem.... Thank you anyways... I guess I need a new one.

Rag Doll
02-08-2006, 04:16 PM
I had a problem like that, Cammy...I had a whole bunch of my friends come look at it...and they would fix it, and 2 months later, it would start again...and then they'd have to try something new to fix it. I finally bought a new one.

Which leads to my problem. I have a brand new computer and nearly brand new monitor (it's like...7 months old). The monitor worked awesome on the old comp. On this one, it seems to flicker or shake or something (especially noticeable with letters). Any ideas on what I can try to change/download? I mean, I can still use the computer like this, it just gets annoying.

WebDudette
02-08-2006, 04:19 PM
On the topic of computers I don't suppose anyone knows anything about starting an World of Warcraft account with a prepaid card.

Preocupado
02-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Rag Doll, did you try to update the monitor and video card drivers?

nieh
02-08-2006, 04:20 PM
I had a problem like that with my monitor once but I can't remember for the life of me how I fixed it. Change the resolution maybe? Get updated drivers from the video card's website?

Rag Doll
02-08-2006, 04:23 PM
i updated all my drivers (i think) when i hooked up the computer. i'll check again though, to be sure. and i tried changing my resolution, but it made it more noticeable.

thanks, guys. i'll check the drivers again. =)

Endymion
02-08-2006, 04:28 PM
increase the frequency for the monitor redraw, sam.

orange, the user thing is a bitch, huh? windows doesn't know how to do users properly yet (as unix, linux, mac, etc do). you should probably uninstall it under your brother's account and install it from an admin account.

the other issues i can't say off the top of my head.

0r4ng3
02-08-2006, 04:29 PM
New problem: Every time I close iTunes, it pops back up, seconds later.

Jebus
02-08-2006, 04:33 PM
While we're in the subjet of computer problems, I also have one. Every once in a while, when I just turn on my computer, both my mouse and keyboard just stop functioning a few minutes into using the computer. I have to restart it to get everything working again. Sometimes it takes more than 3 restarts before the problem stops.

Preocupado
02-08-2006, 04:36 PM
"New problem: Every time I close iTunes, it pops back up, seconds later."

Did you try yelling at it?

Rag Doll
02-08-2006, 04:37 PM
increase the frequency for the monitor redraw, sam.

i love you. it barely does it at all now. yaaay, thankies! =D

yay
02-08-2006, 05:19 PM
It sure seems that way, doesn't it? There's always something wrong with the compy.

This time, I wanted to play Warcraft III, so I simply put the disk in the drive. It loads for a bit, then the computer restarts itself. It has some kind of error message in the black and white screen, but I press F1 to pass it.

The CD was stuck in the drive, so I used a paper clip to get it out. The light on the drive keeps blinking, and it's not responding to the button. I went to the My Computer folder, and there's no icon for the D drive.

So, any ideas on what's going on here?That sort of shit happens all the time to me where the computer does weird shit when loading some programs. I ussually just attempt a restart, if that doesn't work I one by one check which running program might be conflicting with it. Ie. Turn off antivirus, turn off msn etc. It ussually ends up being one program.

Sinister
02-08-2006, 05:28 PM
I have a problem now : Can't host Worms Armageddon games on Wormnet, because I'm on a router. Any way of getting around this without getting off the router ?

Endymion
02-08-2006, 05:45 PM
New problem: Every time I close iTunes, it pops back up, seconds later.
unmount your ipod?

sinister: yes, log into your router and setup port forwarding for whatever port the server runs on.

0r4ng3
02-08-2006, 05:47 PM
It only started happening after I unmounted the iPod. Whatever, it's fixed now.

Edit: I officially declare this the official computer problems thread. Officially.

Mannen som blev en gris
02-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Sometimes when I play Battlefield it freezes and then shuts down/minimizes and I get some error message saying "VPU recover has reset something because something was not responding" (or something). Help?
And my cd drive stopped working twice this week... =/ It really made me appreciate vaccum cleaners though. <3

Endymion
02-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Sometimes when I play Battlefield it freezes and then shuts down/minimizes and I get some error message saying "VPU recover has reset something because something was not responding" (or something). Help?
update your graphics drivers. do it in safe mode. if that doesn't help, checkt he GPU temp. if it's above ~35C, try to get it cooler. a new fan, whatever.

Mannen som blev en gris
02-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Oh fuck, I need to do that much? And the problem is, I can't find the drivers (I have a Radeon X700 SE, someone help me).

Endymion
02-09-2006, 08:59 PM
in that case make sure you've got a good power source too. nothing like a cheap / low wattage power source to fuck things up.

Jebus
02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Is AIM not working right now or is it just me?

Preocupado
02-12-2006, 02:42 PM
torrent file problem.

So, i downloaded the game Delta Force 2 using BitComet and now i got a folder with these files:

-deltaforce2.ccd
-deltaforce2.cue
-deltaforce2.img
-deltaforce2.sub

the problem is that the computer doesn't automatically recognize the files and asks me to choose with program it should use to execute them. I don't know what to do..

HornyPope
02-12-2006, 02:47 PM
torrent file problem.

So, i downloaded the game Delta Force 2 using BitComet and now i got a folder with these files:

-deltaforce2.ccd
-deltaforce2.cue
-deltaforce2.img
-deltaforce2.sub

the problem is that the computer doesn't automatically recognize the files and asks me to choose with program it should use to execute them. I don't know what to do..

You need to mount those files using either a mounting tool or burn them directly on a cd. For a mounting tool, I always stuck with daemon-tools. (daemon-tools.cc/). The earlier versions were freeware, not sure about the new ones.

To burn the game directly, try either Nero or alcohol120%. Both availible from download.com . For instructions how to operate the mentioned programs- RTFM.

Endymion
02-12-2006, 02:48 PM
if i recall from my piracy days, alcohol120% and select the cue file.

Homer
02-12-2006, 03:26 PM
orange, the user thing is a bitch, huh? windows doesn't know how to do users properly yet (as unix, linux, mac, etc do). you should probably uninstall it under your brother's account and install it from an admin account.

Or better yet, you can just access it from Program Files, and create a shortcut from those files, Maeby (It was Arrested Development :(). But that's only assuming that it was installed in Program Files. I've had the same problem.

Endymion
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
there may still be a bunch of registry issues if particular needed keys were only put under a single user's tree.

Llamas
02-12-2006, 04:02 PM
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive -- but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has PerformdA Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "St art" button to turn the engine off.

0r4ng3
02-12-2006, 04:08 PM
I like how this thread turned out. I think someone should rename it "official computer problems thread". Unless I can do that myself.

Preocupado
02-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Horny Pope and Endymion, problem solved thanks to you both. I burned the files straight to a cd, and it worked perfectly. Then i ran the .cue file throught Alcohol 120% and guess what? Yes, perfectly.

Thank you very much!

Jebus
02-12-2006, 06:07 PM
If you download alcohol, then there wouldn't be a point to burning them to a cd.

Preocupado
02-12-2006, 06:24 PM
I figured, but i burned a cd to send for my brother, so we can play it togueter and remember old times. ;)

0r4ng3
02-22-2006, 09:44 AM
New problem. Hoorayz!

Whenever I try to "remove hardware" to my iPod, it disconnects for a second, then reconnects itself automatically. What should I do?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-22-2006, 09:48 AM
New problem. Hoorayz!

Whenever I try to "remove hardware" to my iPod, it disconnects for a second, then reconnects itself automatically. What should I do?

You mean once you press the eject button on iTunes and your iPod says you can't disconnect, than really fast disconnects, then reconnects? Just take it out. It doesn't do anything to any of my iPods when that happens.

Mentally_Challenged
02-22-2006, 11:05 AM
On the topic of computers I don't suppose anyone knows anything about starting an World of Warcraft account with a prepaid card.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ > Account > Create account. When you get to 'Payment Method', just choose pre-paid time card. Well...that's all I had to do anyway =D

0r4ng3
02-22-2006, 11:54 AM
You mean once you press the eject button on iTunes and your iPod says you can't disconnect, than really fast disconnects, then reconnects? Just take it out. It doesn't do anything to any of my iPods when that happens.
Actually, I just shut down the computer, as I was on my way out.

Thanks anyway.

platinumpt
02-22-2006, 02:28 PM
My e-mule is acting strange lately. My upload and download speed varies a lot, I don't think this is normal. I was having 3kb/s upload maybe one hour ago, after I came back from dinner it was back at the normal 11kb/s, and now it's 5/6kb/s again. I don't know what the fuck's going on. My download speed is also very low. Does anyone have a feasible explanation for this?

platinumpt
02-22-2006, 02:33 PM
torrent file problem.

-deltaforce2.ccd
-deltaforce2.cue
-deltaforce2.img
-deltaforce2.sub

You can also try Isobuster to open these files directly, without needing to mount an image. But yeah, Alcohol rules. Did you download The Suffering? What about it? I'm thinking of downloading it too.

Endymion
02-22-2006, 06:17 PM
My e-mule is acting strange lately. My upload and download speed varies a lot, I don't think this is normal. I was having 3kb/s upload maybe one hour ago, after I came back from dinner it was back at the normal 11kb/s, and now it's 5/6kb/s again. I don't know what the fuck's going on. My download speed is also very low. Does anyone have a feasible explanation for this?
razorback2 was all taken down earlier today. that might have an affect.

punker
02-23-2006, 09:32 AM
razorback being down is going to be permanent?, is two days now

platinumpt
02-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Yeah, that sucks. I'm using DonkeyServer now... but Razorback was considerably better.

Andy
02-23-2006, 03:54 PM
OK, I'm in need of some assistance here.

About 2 weeks ago, my MSN started playing up (logging me off every now and again for no apparent reason). That was fine, as I could just log straight back in again with no problem. However, in the last week or so I've been having some real bloody trouble with it: it logs in as normal, but usually about 10 minutes later it kicks me off again, and doesn't let me log back in claiming there is a problem with the "server or my internet connection". Now, I'm certain it's nothing to do with either of those, as it lets me log in in the first place.

I did the best test I could about what could cause it, but restarting the computer and just running MSN without opening any other programmes, but the problem is still there.

Anyone with any ideas? And an answer of "don't use MSN" is not helpful so don't say that thankyouverymuch.

Oh, and if answers can be written in plain English it would be great, as I am pretty much computer illiterate.

Thanks in advance

(oh look, there it goes again!)

offspring kid
02-23-2006, 04:03 PM
This question is about Ipod Shuffle
I arrange the songs in the playlist like i want to hear them in my ipod,i click on the autofill button and the songs download on ipod.When i switch on to the random section ( where the songs are suposed to be played like i arranged them in the playlist ) but they aren't arranged the way i want them
they are arranged alphabetically from A-Z

anyone familier with this problem ?

offspring kid
02-23-2006, 04:06 PM
OK, I'm in need of some assistance here.

About 2 weeks ago, my MSN started playing up (logging me off every now and again for no apparent reason). That was fine, as I could just log straight back in again with no problem. However, in the last week or so I've been having some real bloody trouble with it: it logs in as normal, but usually about 10 minutes later it kicks me off again, and doesn't let me log back in claiming there is a problem with the "server or my internet connection". Now, I'm certain it's nothing to do with either of those, as it lets me log in in the first place.

I did the best test I could about what could cause it, but restarting the computer and just running MSN without opening any other programmes, but the problem is still there.

Anyone with any ideas? And an answer of "don't use MSN" is not helpful so don't say that thankyouverymuch.

Oh, and if answers can be written in plain English it would be great, as I am pretty much computer illiterate.

Thanks in advance

(oh look, there it goes again!)

I had the same problem,Try re-installing Msn ( the latest version )

Andy
02-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Ok. Thanks.

Right, I've re-installed it from the msn homepage. Now just to wait.

EDIT: Of course, it didn't work. Things like that never do when I'm concerned

offspring kid
02-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Ok. Thanks.

Right, I've re-installed it from the msn homepage. Now just to wait.

EDIT: Of course, it didn't work. Things like that never do when I'm concerned

sorry man.........

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Sort of related.

~*Amanda*~Hey england...im comming back! says:
/SHUTDOWN/SHUTDOWN/SHUTDOWN

haha

Swapflicks New phone number! says:
our computer did that once, back in the days of Windows 95

we tried to install something and it went haywire

didnt recognise the file and as such, self-destructed

the crater was 3km wide *nods*

of course with XP, you'd get a much more efficient 6km crater, and free audio software

lmao

but of course you'd get a crater 3 times as often

the Microsoft Crater Helpline would almost certainly be robotic and apologise profusely for the inadequacy of your crater

this would then be verified by Gary who would agree that your crater was indeed small and wimpy, and then send you a free mousemat

Lars
02-24-2006, 01:28 AM
This question is about Ipod Shuffle
I arrange the songs in the playlist like i want to hear them in my ipod,i click on the autofill button and the songs download on ipod.When i switch on to the random section ( where the songs are suposed to be played like i arranged them in the playlist ) but they aren't arranged the way i want them
they are arranged alphabetically from A-Z

anyone familier with this problem ?
Do they appear in the order you want on the ipod shuffle when you view it on the computer? I've never played around with a shuffle before so don't know how it might order songs or such.

platinumpt
02-24-2006, 01:46 AM
ANDY, I'm not sure if I'll be helpful, but here's my suggestion:

Sometimes spyware and adware affect your internet connection, and can slow it so much you won't be able to navigate normally. That might be the problem. My advice is for you to download Spyware Doctor and LAVA Anti Ad Aware, and then run a full scan on both programs and clean whichever infections there might be on your computer. That should help, at least it helped me, and I didn't have to format the goddamn hard disk again. I'm not sure if these are the exact names of the programs, at this moment I'm not at home, and I don't have them here. If you have e-mule, you can download them there, like I did (you need serial keys and stuff). If you don't, I'll send you by e-mail tonight, no problem. Just send me a PM or something. There, I hope it helps. I can't live without messenger, so I understand how you feel :rolleyes:

About the ipod thingy... sorry, not my field of expertise.

Lars
02-24-2006, 01:57 AM
http://www.safer-networking.org/ - spybot for spyware/adware

Curious though, why not use a different client for msn?

Mannen som blev en gris
02-25-2006, 04:51 AM
Community Update - 2/22/06

Good day soldiers, We want to let you know that we have been making great progress on patch 1.21 and are happy to share with you some of the issues that are being addressed. The patch will be tested in a limited beta starting the end of this week. We're working around the clock to minimize your wait on the release of 1.21 but at the same time want to make sure that the patch is thoroughly tested before it goes out officially.

Below is a list of the current confirmed fixes
Crash bug when using Hummer with TOW in the Special Forces expansion pack has been fixed
Screen capture is now working
Performance issues with certain ATI cards has been addressed
Server browser can now filter by map name
Claymores - the number that can be dropped at any one time has been reduced to 2
Once again thank you for your patience and see you all on the Battlefield!

The team at DICE and EA
Let's just hope that was my problem.

Also, why do they have Beta testers if they don't even notice things like that?

Andy
02-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Curious though, why not use a different client for msn?
What does that mean, in English?

Tijs
02-25-2006, 09:18 AM
So this thread is free for anyone's problems, yeah? Good.

I need to install atleast Windows XP Service Pack 1, but due to the legal status of my XP version it refuses to install. I can't find any cracked versions on torrent and can't be bothered to download 600/1500MB files just to see if it's cracked or not. So can anyone help me with this problem?

Lars
02-25-2006, 09:20 AM
What does that mean, in English?
It means something like trillian or gaim. They still let you use the msn protocol but you won't be using msn's messenger program.

Instead of using msn's mac messenger I often use Adiumx instead, it doesn't fuck up connections as much as microsofts.

Andy
02-25-2006, 09:22 AM
It means something like trillian or gaim. They still let you use the msn protocol but you won't be using msn's messenger program.

Instead of using msn's mac messenger I often use Adiumx instead, it doesn't fuck up connections as much as microsofts.
Right. No, sorry, all of that went completely over my head. Make it as simple as possible and I'll be able to understand it.

Lars
02-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Haha...

Trillian - http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/
gaim - http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

Basically, if you were to download either of these, you could put in your msn username/pass and log onto msn with them. They could prove to be more stable/reliable than microsoft's msn program.

Andy
02-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey, thanks man. I'll have a look.

PS, forgive my idiocy. I am a complete internet/computer moron.

Endymion
02-25-2006, 10:08 AM
So this thread is free for anyone's problems, yeah? Good.

I need to install atleast Windows XP Service Pack 1, but due to the legal status of my XP version it refuses to install. I can't find any cracked versions on torrent and can't be bothered to download 600/1500MB files just to see if it's cracked or not. So can anyone help me with this problem?

i had that problem way back when. what i did was i searched for this keygen that will produce valid windows keys (or just find one that will work with sp2) and used some program that changed my license number. it worked.

Andy
02-25-2006, 05:40 PM
OK, back to my problem. I tried the Trillian idea...but couldn't get it to work (it kept connecting/disconnecting etc) so fuck that. I went on the troubleshoot part of msn, and tested my connections, the HTTP Proxy Server text came out smelling of roses, but the TCP (whatever that is) test bitches on about "We are unable to connect (8007274c)". Does that mean anything to anyone? And how can I resolve it?

It's just really bizarre as it just stopped working out of the blue. I didn't change anything or whatever, it's just really bizarre/frustrating.

Oh, hang on. Something else to throw into the mystery: Despite the "Proxy test" claiming it was fine, I tried the "Basic Internet Connectivity Tests" (on the same freakin page!) and THAT says that, "Your Proxy appears to be offline, or your proxy settings are invalid". Now, I know for a fact my "proxy" is online, as I'm online, and I'll be able to do nothing without the proxy working, right?
And the "proxy settings" are perfectly fine, for reasons stated above, and for the fact they're the same proxy settings that didn't cause any trouble before it went psycho.

I challenge anybody to know the answer to this!

Paint_It_Black
02-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Andy, I have a solution. Download Yahoo Messenger and fuck MSN.

Andy
02-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Andy, I have a solution. Download Yahoo Messenger and fuck MSN.
The problem with that is that nobody I talk to on MSN has Yahoo. And their MSN's work fine, so they wouldn't switch. However, for the sake of the board, and Ogame* I may just do that.

*sad.

Paint_It_Black
02-25-2006, 05:54 PM
I use Yahoo. It's my favourite.

Sinister
02-25-2006, 05:54 PM
for some reason my other comp's screen's display "vibrates" a bit & sometimes it goes darker for a bit then normal again.

Andy
02-25-2006, 05:59 PM
haha, even Yahoo Messenger won't work. It's definately me. BUT WHAT?!?!

Paint_It_Black
02-25-2006, 06:02 PM
What happens when you try to use Yahoo?

Can you try doing a system restore to a time when your msn worked?

Andy
02-25-2006, 06:07 PM
It didn't sign me in. Just kept stopping and starting.

System Restore! I completely forgot about that! I'll give it a go. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: It didn't work, of course. It just made my computer back to its ugly self, as I made it all nice and sparkly a week ago. Boo

All About Eve
02-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Maybe your modem's just unplugged, or whatever you use for connection, some plug somewhere. Or maybe the company that you use is having problems, certain lines being down or whatnot. That's bugged the hell out of me before.

Andy
02-25-2006, 06:53 PM
I doubt it's got anything to do with my modem, as my internet's working fine*. I'll just leave it as "one of those things" i guess.

* For one, I'm on here

Iddy
02-25-2006, 06:57 PM
do you have a firewall, or some sort of security package? If you do, it may be blocking MSN (or whatever you're using) from accessing certain ports.

All About Eve
02-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Get AIM. It's my favorite, even though most people hate it. It's just easier to work with for me.

Andy
02-25-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty sure I havent. As said, it was working fine until a week or so ago and I know I didn't change anything. But it IS University internet, so who knows what they've done!

Jebus
02-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Is gmail not working for anyone else?

Endymion
02-27-2006, 07:44 PM
jebus: i have no problems
adriann: use a mac

Jebus
02-27-2006, 07:49 PM
What the hell is this then?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/Savemejebus/gmailerror.jpg

Endymion
02-27-2006, 07:51 PM
no clue, bro.

HornyPope
02-27-2006, 07:52 PM
It sounds like you have a shitty scanner, Adriann.

Just go to download.com and download both ad-aware and spybot search&destroy. Run a scan, it'll probably invite you to restart a computer and run before windows boots, so select that, and you should be fine.

and Jebus, no idea but it looks like the url string is somehow fucked so uhh try and delete the cookies? Usualy helps in most browser-related issues.

Jebus
02-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Yay for clearing cookies!

Adriann, try a scan during safe mode.

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey, is it just me or is everyone having trouble with Myspace right now?

That_Guy91
03-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey, is it just me or is everyone having trouble with Myspace right now?
Yeah, me too. It's all slow and whatnot.

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I just asked someone else and they said it wasn't working either.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I just asked someone else and they said it wasn't working either.

Yeah I was just talking to a friend about it too.

That_Guy91
03-05-2006, 06:38 PM
It's fine now. Weird.

EDIT:Wait, never mind. It was fine for 10 seconds.

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah, it's not working at all for me.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Well at first I could go to the home page but I couldn't log in. Now I can't even go to the home page.

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 06:45 PM
It's working now...

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-05-2006, 06:52 PM
It's working now...

Not for me... boo hoos.

And I didn't know where to say this or if this has been said before but has anyone noticed we beat our most online users recently?

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 06:54 PM
No, I didn't notice that. I'm gonna have to check that out now.

0r4ng3
03-05-2006, 07:00 PM
MySpace always has its problems. The bulletins go offline at least once a week.

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Goddammit, now it's not working again! :mad:

Endymion
03-05-2006, 07:14 PM
yeah, ok, myspace's servers acting up isn't a computer problem of any of yours so leave it out of this thread.

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Well, I just didn't want to create a new thread for this.

0r4ng3
03-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Well, it looks like it's working again, albeit without bulletins. Again.

Drummerguy123
03-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Yeah, and now some comments aren't working, but those are regular Myspace errors.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-07-2006, 03:41 PM
iTunes is ghey.

It won't burn CDs anymore. I have the latest version that they let me download, and I even tested to see if it'd burn a CD made up of only non-protected songs (.m4p format). It didn't, so protection isn't the problem. I just keep getting an error notice whenever I click "Burn disc." And the bitch is that if I were to use another program to burn CDs, I can't get the protected songs onto them.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Whenever I am on any internet site, at any given time, I will get this full screen pop up. This is a problem. I get these pop ups that say "Get Your Penis Enlarged", "Get Your Breasts Enlarged", and "Adult Friend Finder". (When I first saw these I was like "What the f**k? Is this something my dad, mom, or sister downloaded because I am on a shared computer).

So the question is... can you block websites so they can't be opened?

XYlophonetreeZ
03-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Short answer: your dad's a perv.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Short answer: your dad's a perv.

As I noticed.

Jebus
03-11-2006, 08:12 PM
you got spyware because your dad is a perv.

Endymion
03-11-2006, 08:18 PM
use a real browser, they allow blacklisting.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-11-2006, 08:20 PM
iTunes is ghey.

It won't burn CDs anymore. I have the latest version that they let me download, and I even tested to see if it'd burn a CD made up of only non-protected songs (.m4p format). It didn't, so protection isn't the problem. I just keep getting an error notice whenever I click "Burn disc." And the bitch is that if I were to use another program to burn CDs, I can't get the protected songs onto them.
Quoted and reposted because it's ghey when you make the last post on the page and it goes unnoticed. Also, people are replying now.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-12-2006, 05:04 AM
I'd like to let everyone know that I no longer have any problems with BF2. Yesterday I managed to play several hours and it didn't freeze a single time. Might be because of the patch, but I also changed the rezolution from 1280*1024 to 1024*768. It doesn't look as good, but whatever.
And I might aswell ask this here too: when you have BF: Special Forces, you get to unlock two weapons each time you're promoted, right? So if I buy SF now, will I get to unlock a bunch of weapons when I log in, or do I have to wait until the next time I'm promoted ? Because I want those weapons...! =(
Whenever I am on any internet site, at any given time, I will get this full screen pop up. This is a problem. I get these pop ups that say "Get Your Penis Enlarged", "Get Your Breasts Enlarged", and "Adult Friend Finder". (When I first saw these I was like "What the f**k? Is this something my dad, mom, or sister downloaded because I am on a shared computer).

So the question is... can you block websites so they can't be opened?
Ad-aware ftw. (http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5)

Endymion
03-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Quoted and reposted because it's ghey when you make the last post on the page and it goes unnoticed. Also, people are replying now.
well, what's the error it gives? sometimes that sort of information is helpful.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-12-2006, 06:45 PM
"The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error has occurred (-50)."

It sorta doesn't even matter anymore as of today. I was already entirely digital except for the car, and I just got a car adapter for my iPod. Although in terms of sound quality, CDs might still be nice every now and then since I don't like the way music sounds from my iPod through a tape adapter or an iTrip.

Endymion
03-12-2006, 06:50 PM
is that rick moranis in your avatar?

XYlophonetreeZ
03-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Not only is Rick Moranis in my avatar, Rick Moranis is in my signature as well. It's a quote from his song "Wheaties Box (http://www.rickmoranis.com/news.aspx?pid=320)" from his new country album, The Agoraphobic Cowboy (http://www.rickmoranis.com/). It's pretty funny stuff.

Endymion
03-20-2006, 09:08 AM
i call virus. try scanning. for free scanners you can check out avg and avast.

as for your friend, could be a number of things. anything from retarded spyware to explorer.exe being corrupted.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-01-2006, 10:13 AM
So I got this program called SpeedFan (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php), because I've been worried my computer gets a little bit too hot. And, well, basically, the program made me go from :D to :confused:
http://xs74.xs.to/pics/06136/speedfan.JPG

I know my computer easily gets hot, but the fires? That can't be good? I read that they aren't really as bad as they seem, but can anyone tell me if the tempatures are... you know, okay? And if anyone else has got the program, could you tell me what the Speed things do? I've set them all to 100%, but it doesn't change anything... And why is only Fan1 on?
And if anyone could figure out what the hell all this means (and if it matters), it'd be great:

Win9x:NO 64Bit:NO GiveIO:YES SpeedFan:YES
I/O properly initialized
Linked ISA BUS at $0290
Linked Intel 82801FB ICH6 SMBUS at $3000
Scanning ISA BUS at $0290...
SuperIO Chip=DME1737
Scanning Intel SMBus at $3000...
DME1737 (ID=$89) found on SMBus at $2E
SMART Enabled for drive 0
Found ST3250823AS (250,1GB)
End of detection

Nina
04-21-2006, 07:32 AM
I was wondering...

My PC has sound, although my speakers are turned off and the PC sound is off too. What's happening here?

Lightyears
04-21-2006, 07:52 AM
I was wondering...

My PC has sound, although my speakers are turned off and the PC sound is off too. What's happening here?

What kind of sound? If it's just an ocassionaly beep thats the system sounds from the internal speaker. If it's regular sound, check volume controls to see if everything is muted.

Nina
04-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Yes, everything is! I turned EVERYTHING off.
As stupid as it sounds......the sound of commander keen pisses my bird off. a LOT. and now i cant switch it off, lolz.

Preocupado
05-02-2006, 12:15 PM
So, these news can't be better defined than as Computer Problem of the Week:

As part of the WGA program (http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/04/wga-notifications-this-copy-of-windows.html) , Microsoft has developed a Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications software that notifies you through annonying pop-up messages if your copy of Windows is not genuine...

But i think the REAL thrill are these first comments:

Posted 27.4.06 by Bart Forbes

Concerning the great business presentation and the screaming computer - I'd never do business with any company that uses illegal software.

How can you trust a company if even their software isn't legal?

I think the Notification patch is a good innovation and it should also be implemented by other companies (Adobe, Apple, Symantec, ...).

I hope the next step of Genuine will be refusing users to login on non-genuine Windows copies (maybe after a grace period of 30-60 days).

Regards,
Bart Forbes

Posted 1.5.06 by Anonymous

I concur with Mr. Forbes.

I find it odd that Amit Agarwal's "solution" to the embarrassment of running a pirated copy of software is to go through an elaborate set of steps to bypass the messages that make it clear you are running pirated software.

There is a simpler solution: don’t pirate software. Pay for what you use!

Amit, before you tell people how to foil the security cameras at Walmart to avoid the embarrassment of shoplifting, think about what you are saying.

Lars
05-28-2006, 10:07 AM
A ressurection.

My parents computer is odd. Sometimes it doesn't want to switch on when you press the power button, even if everything is as it should be. I opened it up to see if there was anything wrong there. Noticed some dodgy pins in the power connector to the HD which were loose in the housing. Swapped that over to another connector but everything else is alright.

pressed the power with the side off, the CPU fan attempts to turn, it doesn't even manage one notch and that's it, it does nothing else.

Any suggestions?

Endymion
05-28-2006, 10:27 AM
power sauce?

Lars
05-28-2006, 11:20 AM
power sauce?
mmm power sauce.

I was hoping for some other reasonable explanation which didn't require me to take most parts out of the case to remove the power supply without damaging anything.

Now to find a hardly used PSU I put somewhere.

Endymion
05-28-2006, 12:26 PM
nah, just unplug some drives and see if it powers up every time without them hooked up. or sometimes bad ram or a bad pci card can do that. you can take *everything* other than the cpu and fans off the mobo and put them back on one by one until it stops working (assuming it'll turn on with just the mobo hooked up.

Jebus
05-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Does the computer have that that switch in that back that changes the voltage(I think) rating? If so, switch it to the opposite side for a minute and then switch it back to normal. Try turning on the computer then. The same thing happens with my parent's old computer. I'm not sure why it works but it does.

Lars
05-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Unpluggging drives (bar HD) and any peripherals that weren't need didn't make a difference. I left it sit for a while and it booted. odd. I might try cards/memory next time it stops booting.

Jebus, you mean changing it between 110/240v?

Jebus
05-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Yes, that's what I mean. Just try what I said while the computer is off. Then switch it back to normal and try turning on the computer. I know it sounds stupid but it gets the job done for some unknown reason with the old computer in my house.

Endymion
05-28-2006, 02:27 PM
hard drive, graphics cards, EVERYTHING. just a mobo w/ cpu (and fan, don't take the fan off) hooked up to the power source. see if it works then.

Lars
05-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I'll try it all when it happens again next. Then I can start ruling out each item, starting at the memory. Thanks.

0r4ng3
05-28-2006, 05:37 PM
For the past few days, my monitor goes slightly dim from time to time. I didn't think much of it until just now, when it went almost completely dark. Little help?

Endymion
05-28-2006, 05:44 PM
lcd or crt? does it only happen if you don't touch anything for a bit?

Sinister
05-28-2006, 05:47 PM
For the past few days, my monitor goes slightly dim from time to time. I didn't think much of it until just now, when it went almost completely dark. Little help?

had that kind of problem a few weeks ago. if it's somewhat old (mine was 8 years old I think) then there's a possibility that something inside has overheated and broken. I don't know how it can be fixed, but at least you know what the problem could be.

0r4ng3
05-28-2006, 05:48 PM
lcd or crt? does it only happen if you don't touch anything for a bit?
I know it's not LCD. It happens randomly, from what I've noticed.

Endymion
05-28-2006, 05:57 PM
*shrug* if it's old, it could be a gun going.

ps: crt = cathode ray tube = the TV-style monitors.

0r4ng3
05-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Yeah, that's the one. It's probably just old. I don't know how long I've had it.

Jebus
06-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I can't seem to play any videos anymore. Whenever I open a video on winamp, all I could hear is sound without any video. When I use WMP, it just freezes. They were working fine the other day. I tried reinstalling my codec pack and even tried new ones, but none of them fixed the problem.

Corpse
06-24-2006, 02:47 AM
Well, this is minimal. I have managed to lose the My Computer picture for the icon. All it is is that white paper icon witht he corner at top folded over. Anyone know how I can change this?

Endymion
06-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Well, this is minimal. I have managed to lose the My Computer picture for the icon. All it is is that white paper icon witht he corner at top folded over. Anyone know how I can change this?
it's stored in explorer.exe.

jebus, i dunno.

The Talking Pie
06-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Boot into another OS and deflate explorer.exe from the Windows CD to overwrite the existing one?

ignition991
06-25-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm running Mac OS 9.1 and have had trouble downloading anything. Also my itunes wont let me put more then 30 songs on it and if i open it it says "fatal error occured saving the music library" Anyone know alot about macs?

Endymion
06-26-2006, 01:03 AM
I'm running Mac OS 9.1 and have had trouble downloading anything. Also my itunes wont let me put more then 30 songs on it and if i open it it says "fatal error occured saving the music library" Anyone know alot about macs?
yeah, use one that doesn't suck. pre-osx macs were pretty weak. the company sucked without jobs at the head.

Jebus
07-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Paint seems to be missing from my computer. I had to install a pirated windows version since I got a new hard drive and paint wasn't included for some reason. Can someone do me a favor and upload it? If I remember correctly, "mspaint.exe" should be somewhere in "C:\WINDOWS\system32."

Jebus
07-19-2006, 05:19 PM
bump
It's a really small file.

Tijs
07-19-2006, 05:31 PM
http://downloads.outofroutine.com/public/software/mspaint.zip

Jebus
07-19-2006, 05:37 PM
Thank you, sir!

Punk-Freak
07-31-2006, 04:22 AM
Does anyone know, how to locate a driver, that isn't installed the right way?

My computer gives me a message, when it has been on stand by. The message appears on a blue screen, when I try to "wake up" my computer, it says something about an unknown driver, that isn't installed correctly. I never get to read all of the txt., because a few seconds later, it disappears and my screen turns brown and green... and then I have to shut down my PC :mad:

Oh yeah, I might have to tell you, that I know as much about computers, as you guys know about me...

Emily_offspring_fan
08-01-2006, 07:20 AM
I have a problem. Yesterday I was on the internet when a window opened and told me I had a virus, it was a window from AVG, I sent the file to the "Virus Vault". But I don't understand how it works...supposedly when the file is in the Virus Vault it's safe, it won't infect my computer. But what can I do to delete the virus? I really don't understand that program.

Endymion
08-01-2006, 07:46 AM
virus vault is the same as quarantine in norton etc etc. it puts the code with a virus in an area of memory marked non-executable, so the code can't be dropped on the cpu.

Emily_offspring_fan
08-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Okay, but I want to delete it from my computer, what should I do?

Endymion
08-01-2006, 08:01 AM
there should be an "empty virus vault" option somewhere.

Emily_offspring_fan
08-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Yes, thanks.

Preocupado
08-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Right now i have a:

-GeForce 2 MX/MX 400, 32MB
-AMD Athlon 64 processor 3000+, MMX, 3D Now, ~2.0 GHz
-512 MB RAM
-Directx 9.0c

It's an OK computer, except for the old GeForce, so i'm buying a new one to play better games.

According to the NVIDIA site, these are the recommended for gaming:

GeForce 7 Series
GeForce 6 Series
GeForce FX
NVIDIA nForce 500 Series
NVIDIA nForce4 SLI
NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra
NVIDIA nForce3

but i'm clueless about wich should fit my system, so can anyone help me, or at least indicate a site where i can get that answer? (NVIDIA's support site doesn't help)

Jebus
08-03-2006, 02:56 PM
After doing a shit load a research last time I was buying my video card, I think might be able to help.

Do you have a pci, agp, or pci-express slot? I'm not sure how prizes in brazil compare to the US so it might be hard to help.

EDIT: but yeah, geforce 6/7 is the way to go.

Preocupado
08-03-2006, 05:25 PM
About the price, yeah, it's nearly impossible to compare. Gotta calculate Dollar X Real + shipping taxes + local stores.

So, I got it opened, and what i saw was the graphics card connected to an AGP slot, plus a bunch of old school empty PCI stols. So, AGP.

Is youres AGP too?

Jebus
08-03-2006, 05:36 PM
no, I had to settle for pci(stupid dell), but I could still probably help. I did some research for my brother when he bought his agp video card so I learned quite a bit about subject

what's your price range? and do you know of any brazilian store websites I could use to see prices for each card?

Preocupado
08-03-2006, 05:57 PM
These two have all the options, but i recommend hitting the F3 key to get to the geforce 6 and 7. There are MANY.

This site is somewhat like e-bay or amazon:

http://informatica.mercadolivre.com.br/placas-video/

This one is built to give information on video cards:

http://www.placasdevideo.fontesgratis.com.br/

They give a somewhat standard price rate for the cards in brazil.

PS: "Placa de Vídeo" means Video Card

Jebus
08-03-2006, 06:00 PM
so what's your price range?

Preocupado
08-03-2006, 06:03 PM
oh, R$ 350,00 would be good, but i can afford R$ 400,00.

Preocupado
08-03-2006, 06:14 PM
from what i'm gathering, i'm screwed with the AGP :\

Jebus
08-03-2006, 06:37 PM
http://www.placasdevideo.fontesgratis.com.br/
eh, this is a really hard. Using that link, you don't have that many options?

can you afford this 6600gt? It's $20 over your price range but it's a solid card and it's one of the most popular ones(last year at least)
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-46091970-_JM

If you can't afford it, a guess a regular 6600 should be fine. If you're not only looking online, look for an ati x700 or x1600 pro in a computer store. In the US, those two cards are slighly cheaper than the 6600gt so they're probably in your price range.

Preocupado
08-03-2006, 06:47 PM
"last year's popular solid card" sounds just like the thing i want. But i'll ask around for the ATI aswell then. Ok, now i feel better to step inside a store, at least i'll know what i'm looking for.

Oh, and i'm already downloading PowerStrip to fuck up my current card, attempting an overclock.

Thanks alot Jebus! :)

All About Eve
08-17-2006, 11:42 PM
This is a speaker problem. They've randomly started cracking pretty badly.

Preocupado
08-18-2006, 03:24 AM
Did you check the plugs for dust, or any kind of filth that would make them crack with the slightest oscilation, including the ones caused by the bass?

0r4ng3
08-18-2006, 08:21 AM
This is a speaker problem. They've randomly started cracking pretty badly.
My old speakers did that a lot. I ended up having to get new ones.

Jebus
08-18-2006, 08:28 AM
My speakers do that too, but only when my subwoofer is accidently moves. I think there's something wrong with the connection between the cable and the subwoofer since it crackles every time the cables moves just slighly. This is most likely a hardware problem so you'll probably have to get it replaced.

All About Eve
08-18-2006, 09:00 PM
I just had an asskicking virus hit my computer (using the family one right now). Basically, whenever I load up, a runtime error occurs. *IF* I can get the process list up, and I close it, I can usually do a little stuff, but it normally is completely frozen before then. By little stuff, I mean move the mouse around and press start. It takes roughly 2 minutes for me to click on something and it to register as selected, and I can't open anything at all except for start, which takes 5+ minutes.

0r4ng3
08-18-2006, 09:04 PM
My recommendation: Shotgun the computer.

All About Eve
08-18-2006, 09:05 PM
If I have to wipe my computer I'll probably just buy a new one, since mine has failworthy video and memory cards, doesn't come with microsoft word (has wordperfect, wtf?), and I need a new printer too.

Jebus
08-18-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm not 100 percent sure about this but try using system restore to restore your computer to another date. And what happened to your antivirus? Are you using one? Just run your computer in safe mode and run a scan.

You know, you could download microsoft office using a torrent.

All About Eve
08-18-2006, 09:12 PM
How do I start in safemode?

Edit: I still want a new computer. Even games like Fable, fairly old, have screwed up graphics. The grass is white and the water is an acidic yellow, for example.

Jebus
08-18-2006, 09:17 PM
It varies from computer to computer so I'm not exactly sure. When the computer is starting up(before it loads windows) try pressing delete or backspace. Usually, one of those buttons sends to you to a thing that lets you choose safe mode. If it doesn't work, it's one of the F# buttons. It's mostly likely F8 or F5.

Do you have integrated graphics or an actual video card.

All About Eve
08-18-2006, 09:30 PM
I honestly have no idea. I'm gonna try Safe Mode tomorrow.

Endymion
08-19-2006, 01:38 AM
it's always f8 to bring up the windows boot loader (thing that lets you pick safe mode).

it's the bios that varies from computer to computer, though it's usually delete or f1-f4.

0r4ng3
08-19-2006, 11:37 AM
My problem is concerning Soulseek.

Whenever I try to abort or delete a file in progress, it always tries to re-download itself. It's starting to get pretty fuckin' annoying to delete the same file multiple times. Any ideas on what to do?

Endymion
08-19-2006, 12:26 PM
mine doesn't do that... maybe uncheck 'retry aborted transfers' or something?

also, test client or normal one?

nick?

0r4ng3
08-19-2006, 12:32 PM
There's a "retry aborted transfers" setting? I must find this. Also, I have no idea what the difference is between the two clients.

Endymion
08-19-2006, 12:45 PM
does the tray icon have a small red "T" on it?

nick!@!!??

i meant the 'auto-resume' check box at the bottom... probably not the right thing. i just press the delete key with some songs highlighted and they disappear.

0r4ng3
08-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Oh, auto-resume! I should un-check that box. Thanks a lot.

And who is Nick?

Jebus
08-19-2006, 01:02 PM
He means your soulseek nickname(user name)

AAE, if your computer happens happends to have a pci express or agp slot, all you might have to do is replace your video card. Processors aren't as important for gaming.

0r4ng3
08-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I know. It's "0r4ng3". I use that name a lot.

Tired_Of_You
08-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Before I explain my problem, I want you to understand that my first language is not English so it's a bit hard for me to explain the problem. Also, my computer is a Mac (10.3.9).

Sooo, I've been using Limewire (currently "using" 4.12) for quite a while and I didn't have problems with it in the past, but now whenever I try to download something, it'll work for one download, but my computer crashes after that and/or it automatically tells me that I don't have space in my computer when I think I have enough. (Actually I thought that it could be the problem since I actually don't have a lot of space left, but it started after that). Any ideas what it could be?

If anyone wants more info, just tell me, I don't really have the time now.

Endymion
08-19-2006, 01:42 PM
how much space do you have left? even on macs etc you should typically try to keep ~20% of your drive free so that the OS has room to move, so to speak. it also keeps your drive from becoming fragmented (i'm fairly sure hfs+ does the same sort of tricks as ext3 -- dynamically optimizing inode locations etc so that fragmenting is never a problem).

Tired_Of_You
08-19-2006, 01:46 PM
It's probably the problem then. Thanks. I know I don't have 20% left... I have a little less than a Gb left (only 10gb in the computer if my step father is not wrong). :/ I guess I could delete some unimportant stuff, but it wouldn't be enough anyway since I'd like to download some things that would take too much space anyway.

0r4ng3
08-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Oh, auto-resume! I should un-check that box. Thanks a lot.
Dammit, it's still doing it.

0r4ng3
08-25-2006, 08:57 PM
I was about to complain that my internet was uber-slow, until I realized that it could possibly be because of the 17 people downloading from me on Soulseek.

Yeah, that'll do it.

Nina
08-26-2006, 04:41 AM
I made a thread a while back about programs I need.

Tijs is the best person in the world and uploaded FashMX for me, along with the serial number that goes with it. It didnt work. Then he sent me a key-generator. NONE of the keys worked. Then he gave me his key. It didnt work.

Tizz gave me a cracked version of Photoshop awhile back. Again, this had a key with it. I try to register, but it didnt work. "The serial number is invalid". She gave me her number again. It didnt work.

Is there, by any chance, ANY MOTHERFUCKING PROGRAM THAT WORKS?!

Can you tell I am desperate?

The problem is, I am under a lot of time pressure right now and I just need help. Please. Please. Please. Please.

Please?

Please.

the_GoDdEsS
08-26-2006, 04:46 AM
I dunno. www.download.com ? You MIGHT find something good there.

Dexter_H
08-26-2006, 05:05 AM
www.directdl.com
www.astalavista.com

Nina
08-26-2006, 06:00 AM
No...I wouldnt have asked here if I hadnt already checked those sites.

Lars
08-26-2006, 06:09 AM
I've got photoshop 6 if that's alright? I know its not the newest but I don't really use it that much.

Jebus
08-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I made a thread a while back about programs I need.

Tijs is the best person in the world and uploaded FashMX for me, along with the serial number that goes with it. It didnt work. Then he sent me a key-generator. NONE of the keys worked. Then he gave me his key. It didnt work.

Tizz gave me a cracked version of Photoshop awhile back. Again, this had a key with it. I try to register, but it didnt work. "The serial number is invalid". She gave me her number again. It didnt work.

Is there, by any chance, ANY MOTHERFUCKING PROGRAM THAT WORKS?!

Can you tell I am desperate?

The problem is, I am under a lot of time pressure right now and I just need help. Please. Please. Please. Please.

Please?

Please.
Which version of photoshop did you install? I installed a cracked version of photoshop CS a little while ago and it wasn't as simple as just entering the serial. First you type in the the serial from this special key generator when photoshop asks in the beginning. Later into the installation, you have to chose the option to register it by phone. Photoshop gives you a special code that you're suppose to give to the phone people, but instead of calling, you enter it into the special key generator. The person over the phone is then suppose to give you another code, but the key generator will do this for you. Enter it, and it'll work fine

If it was CS and you still have the installation setup, I could send you the keygen.

Nina
08-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks Lars but I have PhotoShop 7 aaand I'd like to keep that.

Jebus, the one Tizz gave me didnt have a generator, it only had one serial number. I tried it again just now with another number I found and I thought it worked. I registered online and everything was fine until they said again that it's invalid and that I should re-enter.
However, I received an email from Adobe that welcomed me. Ssssooo. Does it work, then? I mean the program works and all but I want to keep it for longer than 30 days.

And the really important thing is FlashMX.

0r4ng3
09-01-2006, 08:32 PM
I have a slight iTunes problem.

When I try to connect my iPod, the "iPodService" thing comes up and says "Service could not be deleted", and then iTunes says "the software required for communicating with this iPod is not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes to install the iPod's software."

Which is weird, because it's been working fine in the 4 or so months I've had it.

So, I downloaded iTunes from the site (because I can't find the disk, but that doesn't make a difference), but that's a giant pile of not working. I need help here.

I realize that I'm gonna get about 8 posts that offer no help other than to tell me how much iPod sucks. To them I give a pre-emptive "Shut the fuck up before I e-cut you because I am not in the fucking mood to hear your useless shit".

Apathy
09-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Seems to me that you need to get the disc that came with your Ipod.

You don't need to reinstall Itunes, you need to reinstall the Ipod's software crap that came with it. Or at least, I think. I'm really terrible with computers, I just remember my cousins Ipod having the same problem, and that's how he fixed it.

0r4ng3
09-01-2006, 09:12 PM
I have the disc, I just currently have it misplaced. I'm looking for it right now. Hopefully it'll work. Thanks.

Edit: Actually, I'm gonna look for it tomorrow. Or rather, later today, seeing as it's just past midnight.

Nina
09-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Does anyone have an opinion on Panda ActiveScan (free antivirus online)?

Tijs
09-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Nina, did you finally get a flash program or something in the end?

Nina
09-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Well...no :[ I will just use that demo and hope that I can dl the demo everytime the time is up!

But I have Inkscape now. Fantastic program. </end random>

Tijs
09-02-2006, 12:35 PM
I have one more flash-program though, which would probably work since you don't need a serial to crack it. In fact, I think I just zipped it before I cleaned up my computer a while ago and unzipped it when I re-installed Windows and the whole thing. So that might work, if you'd like.

Nina
09-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Whats the name of the program?

Tijs
09-02-2006, 01:45 PM
SwishMax, it's very easy to use and it's not a large program, only 9.5MB when zipped.

Nina
09-02-2006, 01:50 PM
I just read that it's an addition to another program?

Tijs
09-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I think it's a follow up, or maybe an expansion. Anyway, it's called SwishMax on my computer and it works perfectly fine.

Nina
09-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Alright, I'd like to have it please :)

Tijs
09-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Here we go:
http://downloads.outofroutine.nl/public/software/SwishMax.zip

Nina
09-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Thank you!! It's downloading.

Rag Doll
09-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on Panda ActiveScan (free antivirus online)?

panda is my antivirus. mind you, i have the full version that you pay for....but it works really well for me. better than what i had in the past.

Lars
09-04-2006, 03:30 PM
I think my ibook HD is dying. The read arm sound like its bouncing around, at least that's the only thing I can think of that's making that noise. I thought it was just being gay cause I'd almost filled up the HD but cleaned it up a bit and its still....

Guess I need to back up everything that hasn't been so far.

Tizzalicious
09-11-2006, 06:46 AM
I've asked this before, but it fixed itself, but now it's happening again, so...

My laptop and PC are on a network, but they can't seem to "see" each other. When I go to "My networkplaces" they only have their own shared folders, not each others'. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, so it can't be the firewall. Does anyone know what could be causing this? And how I could fix it? I need to move my study-stuff =/

Lars
09-11-2006, 07:21 AM
My initial thoughts its a wireless thing. Maybe signal being stupid.

If you've got a spare cable to network them together maybe that'd work if you need to move the stuff more urgently.

You could try turning the sharing on the computers off and on again. or try setting up the shared folders again.

Hopefully someone can come up with some better advice, I'm struggling to remember things.

Endymion
09-11-2006, 07:27 AM
I've asked this before, but it fixed itself, but now it's happening again, so...

My laptop and PC are on a network, but they can't seem to "see" each other. When I go to "My networkplaces" they only have their own shared folders, not each others'. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, so it can't be the firewall. Does anyone know what could be causing this? And how I could fix it? I need to move my study-stuff =/
ten bucks says they're not on the same workgroup / domain. right click on my computer, hit properties. click the "computer name" tab. if they have different workgroups, click "change" and make them the same.

the_GoDdEsS
09-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Do networks usually work smoothly, aside from the fact that it can slow down the connection? I have DSL and am considering making network for my brother and I.

Endymion
09-11-2006, 08:39 AM
unless one of you is downloading a lot of stuff, you won't notice that there is more than one computer on the network.

and yeah, there's generally no problems.

Tizzalicious
09-11-2006, 09:04 AM
They are on the same workgroup. And it started working right after I asked. But then it stopped again. I really don't get it.

Now my internet on the PC is being a bitch aswell, usually when this happens the connection on both is fine though. Makes my mood go from :) to :confused:

Endymion
09-11-2006, 10:38 AM
phase two: are you sure they're both connected to the same access point? do you run a software firewall on either computer? what router are you using?

Harnum
09-11-2006, 04:03 PM
My computer's motherboard is shot. I need a new one. Computer won't boot. (And before someone asks how I'm writing this, I'm on a friends laptop.)

Sinister
09-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Pretty simple question : how can I put a better "graphics card" (I suck at English hardware names, sorry) instead of the one which came built-in on the motherboard ?

the CPU is decent but the shitty card ruins pretty much all games.

Jebus
09-11-2006, 07:49 PM
how can I put a better "graphics card" (I suck at English hardware names, sorry) instead of the one which came built-in on the motherboard
First uninstall the old intergrated graphics driver. Then just simply place the card in the proper motherboard slot and install the new driver at startup.

0r4ng3
09-14-2006, 11:53 AM
My iTunes has been stuttering a lot, and it only stops when I hit the computer. Is this normal? I bet it's not normal.

It stutters if I do anything that is anything. It's stuttering even as I'm typing this. As of now, hitting it is not working anymore.

Idiot
09-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Not really normal, no. Is your music/iTunes playlist stored on an internal hard drive in your PC ?

0r4ng3
09-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Yes, why wouldn't it be?

Idiot
09-14-2006, 12:33 PM
It depends, different people store music/files in different ways.

I store all my Mp3's and Videos on an external USB 2.0 Hard-drive, for example.

Sounds like maybe the discs inside your hard-drive are damaged or dirty, therefore not spinning so smoothly and not dealing with data quick enough.
I don't know, that was just a guess.

You could open your PC up and check connections and give it a little clean?

Lars
09-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Defrag? Hard drive filling up?

Is it only certain files? Like from one album or such? Maybe the rip from the cd went bad? Try them in another player and see.

I have an old pc which runs as an itunes server (amongst just being storage for video or whatever so that my brother and I can access both) and I don't have that problem.

0r4ng3
09-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Whatever the problem is, it's gone. For now.

Later, I'll defrag and all that crap.

Idiot
09-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Good idea. How much free space you got on your hard drive ?

0r4ng3
09-14-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm really not sure. I heard something like 20GB when I first got it, but that might not be correct. Where can I check?

0r4ng3
09-14-2006, 08:27 PM
It's stuttering again, but I can't just hit the computer this late, it'll wake people up.

Grr, I hate iTunes 7. It's so unstable.

Idiot
09-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Use good ol' Winamp ;-)

0r4ng3
09-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Ugh, I should. It's still stuttering. I'm still hitting the computer, not to fix it, but because I'm getting fucking pissed off at it.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-15-2006, 01:54 PM
It isn't common for me, but there were a couple songs that once I was halfway through them, they'd stutter and then my computer would freeze. I always had to do Control+Alternate+Delete and close iTunes.

After I figured out it was just those few songs, I burned them on a CD, deleted them, and ripped them from the CD. I haven't had problems since. Is it certain songs, albums, or just random?

0r4ng3
09-15-2006, 01:57 PM
It's (almost) EVERY. SINGLE. SONG.

My computer has the problem, not the mp3s. This I am sure of. Though, it's only been happening this frequently ever since iTunes 7 came out.

Edit: Sometimes it does this weird thing where it plays the same song twice, concurrently. The song would be twice as loud, with two tracks, one stuttering and one not. It stops after a few seconds, though.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-15-2006, 02:04 PM
My only guess would be that majority of your songs have something about them iTunes 7 isn't compatible and familiar with.
--
Everytime I download a song from YouSendIt or MySpace, the song just stops working after a couple of days. Is this a normal problem or is there a reason why it's doing this?

Idiot
09-15-2006, 02:09 PM
http://www.winamp.com/player/free.php

0r4ng3
09-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Mmkay, now for iTunes problem #565737542.

Now it's not even playing any songs. It's not frozen or anything, it's just...not playing the songs. Everything else is working fine.

I'm gonna run some anti-spyware programs and then defrag. Maybe that will do something.

Endymion
09-15-2006, 09:17 PM
my guess is that it's not itunes. it might be that itunes wasn't installed correctly, or part of it has become corrupted, but it's not itunes alone.

0r4ng3
09-15-2006, 10:03 PM
I did all the defragging, and re-installed iTunes, and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks to everyone for their advice and stuff.

Idiot
09-16-2006, 02:26 AM
No problem, glad you got it sorted.

0r4ng3
09-16-2006, 08:52 AM
It's started up again. So basically, what I'm saying is...

FUCK YOU, ITUNES 7. FUCK YOU VERY, VERY HARD IN EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE ORIFICE WITH VARIOUS SHARP OBJECTS, AND I HOPE IT FUCKING HURTS.

Mannen som blev en gris
09-16-2006, 09:22 AM
I hate this computer. =( It can't shut down, the CD/DVD thingy doesn't work (it can't read CDs, only DVDs), so we'll have to send it in to some dudes and get it fixed.
Anyway, I thought I'd burn a DVD (I hope it'll work... otherwise I could transfer the files to something... or maybe upload some) with files I want to save (since the last time we sent it in they had to remove all the stuff from it). It sort of makes you realise how much crap you have, but still want to save. I mean, do I really need 130+ HL/TS/Oblivion screenshots? I guess I don't, but I want to save them anyway. It's weird.
But it also makes you appreciate RAR/ZIP/JPEGs. 100+ TS models/skins is a lot, but when they're RARs/ZIPs, it's not that bad. Same with the Oblivion mods I have. 58 files, but only 106 MBs. And those screenshots. Right now they're BMPs and they take up almost 500 MBs, but after I've converted them, it won't be a lot at all.

So basically, what I'm saying is...

Computers are great most of the time, but when they suck, they really do suck. I don't even know what caused all these problems.

(I've heard having two anti virus programs can be a bad thing, and I did have two... but can that have caused all this? The wireless network thing doesn't work either apparently, so my dad can't go online. I'd say some God doesn't like our family)

sk8ter-hater
09-16-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm doing a powerpoint in spanish for spanish class. and I was wondering if there some plugin for powerpoint to spellcheck in spanish. Also, if there's a way to type the n with the ~ on top without having to copy/paste... and accent marks.

Mannen som blev en gris
09-16-2006, 11:08 AM
About the &#241;: Find the key with that symbol. I don't know where it is where you live, but on a Swedish keyboard it's the same button as the &#168; and the ^. Anyway, just find the key and press it/it + shift/it + alt gr before the n. Same with the &#180;s.

edit: haha, oh crap. Obviously you did find the key since you could write a ~.

Jebus
09-16-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm doing a powerpoint in spanish for spanish class. and I was wondering if there some plugin for powerpoint to spellcheck in spanish. Also, if there's a way to type the n with the ~ on top without having to copy/paste... and accent marks.

hold ALT and type 164. It only works programs like Word though. It wont work in this forum if you want to try it here.

sk8ter-hater
09-16-2006, 11:22 AM
thanks. I guess I'll have to do the spellcheck meself.

sk8ter-hater
09-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Wait, what about the accent marks?

Mannen som blev en gris
09-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Uh, press the button? (before the letter. Like I said. Saíd)

sk8ter-hater
09-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I don't what you're talking about. But wikipedia has saved me once again.

Punk-Freak
09-17-2006, 04:27 AM
I've just bought a Cowon A2 multimedia player, but how the hell do I copy my DVDs down to my computer?! The guy in the store told me, that it wouldn't be a problem, cause I have Windows XP, but it is.

I've tried to use a program called NTI CD & DVD Maker7, but it only copies the video and not the sound of the movie:mad:

So, help please:(

Lars
09-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Anyone know which dvd -/+, dl, etc... writers are performing alright and which to avoid?

Endymion
09-17-2006, 10:42 AM
I've just bought a Cowon A2 multimedia player, but how the hell do I copy my DVDs down to my computer?! The guy in the store told me, that it wouldn't be a problem, cause I have Windows XP, but it is.

I've tried to use a program called NTI CD & DVD Maker7, but it only copies the video and not the sound of the movie:mad:

So, help please:(

find a copy of dvdxcopy

Anyone know which dvd -/+, dl, etc... writers are performing alright and which to avoid?

i have a sony dvd+/- dl burner. works fine for me.

Punk-Freak
09-17-2006, 12:17 PM
find a copy of dvdxcopy.

Thanks, I'll try it:)

Uhm, when you say copy. Do you mean a copy, like find a copy in an online store, or find a copy on LimeWire :rolleyes:

Endymion
09-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks, I'll try it:)

Uhm, when you say copy. Do you mean a copy, like find a copy in an online store, or find a copy on LimeWire :rolleyes:
all i'm saying is that dvdxcopy is one of a many programs which will allow you to make backups of your dvds, both to your hard drive and to blank dvds.

Tijs
09-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Microsoft Office 2003 problems.

When I open Word, I can't type anything, I can't edit documents I've saved a while ago. When I close the document and want to open a new document, I can't. This problem first occurred about 2 weeks ago when I wrote an English essay. I printed it, re-checked for spelling and grammar errors and wanted to edit it into the final version, but I couldn't.
I can do about everything I want except make changes to the document. Same goes for other documents.
They're not set to read-only, because I can edit them in WordPad.

Now I just tried to start a new document in Excel, same problem.

-Fixed, thank you so much everyone.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-18-2006, 01:44 PM
My iTunes has been stuttering a lot, and it only stops when I hit the computer. Is this normal? I bet it's not normal.

I just had about 3 minutes of stuttering and it still hasn't completely stopped, just a little a stutter every here and there. Did you ever find a solution?

0r4ng3
09-18-2006, 01:49 PM
I just had about 3 minutes of stuttering and it still hasn't completely stopped, just a little a stutter every here and there. Did you ever find a solution?
Yes, for the mid-song stuttering, I have.

Pause the song. Use the mouse to move the diamond thingy from one side to another, and put it back exactly where it was (or wherever, it still works). Now click play. It will stop stuttering.

0r4ng3
09-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Another problem, this time with soulseek:

Maybe it's supposed to be a normal occurance, but are downloads supposed to "pause" between tracks? I keep having to click "retry" after each file finishes.