PDA

View Full Version : So, pandora = pants

All About Eve
02-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Yes I know there was a thread about it, I just can't find it.

I tried it a while back, thought it was pretty cool. Tried it again today, realized it fails. Miserably. I type in 'Sonata Arctica'. Of course, the first song is by Sonata Arctica. I tell Pandora I like it. Next is Kamelot, followed by Angra. Both of these are okay, just not what I'm looking for, and I don't tell it anything incase I want some of them in the future. So then I get Night Ranger. Wtf. The song wasn't bad, but how the hell did they get that from Sonata Arctica? Anyways, I give it a thumbs down, it goes to the next track, which is another Sonata Arctica! Yes! They're finally getting it! Of course it gets a thumbs up. Then to my dismay, the next song comes along happens to be Three Days Grace. Thumbs down/skipped. From then, every band has been getting worse and worse and farther from Sonata Artica. Phail'd on pandora.

nieh
02-08-2006, 07:11 PM
My friend uses "pants" as a compliment, so I thought this was going to be in praise of Pandora and her tight, juicy box.

All About Eve
02-08-2006, 07:43 PM
No. It sucks. I don't like it.

WebDudette
02-08-2006, 07:49 PM
I had that for about a week. Then it started playing only songs I liked except for the ocassional thumbs down.

Mannen som blev en gris
02-09-2006, 08:06 AM
What you need is Musicmatch Jukebox ( www.musicmatch.com ). There you can make your own radio stations too, and it's muuuuuuch better. You can only listen for one hour (otherwise you have to pay), but that doesn't matter since it pwns so much anyway.

According to Musicmatch, artists related to Sonata Artica include:
1. Stratovarius
2. Helloween
3. Iron Maiden
4. Kamelot
5. Gamma Ray
6. Dream Theater
7. Manowar
8. Dragonforce
9. Apocalyptica
10. Judas Priest

Vera
02-09-2006, 08:58 AM
I never really got a chance to use Pandora properly. I just put it on. Will listen to it tonight & then decide how I like.

I think that in theory LaunchCast was the best because it allowed you to rate your favourite artists with stars according to how much you like them.

With Pandora it's just "No/Yes" and that kind of blows. I mean, even my favourite artists have songs I don't like.

notoriousdoc
02-09-2006, 09:46 AM
1. Stratovarius
2. Helloween
3. Iron Maiden
4. Kamelot
5. Gamma Ray
6. Dream Theater
7. Manowar
8. Dragonforce
9. Apocalyptica
10. Judas Priest
Eww, metal.

Yatesy
02-09-2006, 10:00 AM
Pandora is alright at times, then it will play something completely different from the band you base the station on.