PDA

View Full Version : How Many Does it Take?

HornyPope
02-08-2006, 11:35 PM
A random thought.

Imagine if God had granted that every person coming into after life is imposed the authority to blow up the entire planet behind him. And I don't mean answer "sure, whatever". I mean like he has to think about it for three days, then advance into a room, open a brief case, locate a switch, turn off the safety and engage... and blow everyone the fuck up on earth.

Well i'm thinking. How many people would it take before someone goes through? Before someone doesn't give a shit about earth anymore?

To make it more interesting, imagine that this ability was granted as of 2005. So you can't follow the bible story (if we're on a theological path here) and say "well the first 10 (adam, eve et co) probably wouldn't do it because they still had their sons and grandsons left on earth". So imagine this world stands as we know it. And random dead motherfuckers are passing on to afterlife with the chance to blow everything left behind.

How many would it take to blowitallup? One, two, ten, a hundred? I'm just curious to see how optimistic you are.

T-6005
02-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Considering the amount of stupid, immature, completely worthless muckabouts that feel the need to brood over their sorry fates and plot meaninglessly, I'm afraid that in my estimation the number doesn't rest very high - if only because I feel that all too elevated a percentage of people don't understand the concept of repercussions, or the consequences of their own actions.

Preocupado
02-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Can the dead motherfuckers remember how they died? Because that makes a big motherfucking difference to me.

nieh
02-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Are there any consequences the person would have to face after doing so? Something like God smacking the shit out of them perhaps? If not, I'd say probably a bit less than ten thousand. Knowing that there is in fact an afterlife (considering they're currently a part of it) would weaken their conscience because it wouldn't really matter when the people die and the lack of any consequences set forth by God would give them even less to worry about. There's bound to be a few people bitter enough to go through with it.

Plus there's always the possibility that someone like Ted Nugent would do it just to see the huge explosion.

HornyPope
02-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Pretend there are no reprecussions involved in the sense that the bomber's future will not one bit rest on his decision. Like no one knows who he is etc...

XYlophonetreeZ
02-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Also it would depend on whether the dead people had time to get a good idea of what the afterlife was going to be like. If it was a million times better and really made them think "what the hell is the use for an Earth," then I could see someone doing it really early. It's a more interesting question if they don't have the three days, IMO, because when they're in heaven or wherever for three days you run into tons of unanswerable questions about the nature of the afterlife and its effects on the dead's thinking.

Preocupado
02-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Say 42 then.

Whoever doesn't give a shit about Earth should just let it exist in it's boring misery and go ahead for a juicy heaven without all those living tards.

Tizzalicious
02-08-2006, 11:56 PM
I really don't think it'd take long. There are enough people who die without having kids//friends//anything they care about, plus people are selfish, so they'd probably think: "who gives a shit", so...not a lot.

WebDudette
02-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Is it only religious people that get the chance considering they would be the only ones sent to heaven. I could very well see a satanist going "bitches" and blowing up the earth.

reader
02-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Everyone would blow it up, since everyone would then be brought into the afterlife. I'd blow it up so I could be with people I loved. Rather than wait till they died. Assuming time ticks at equal rates in the afterlife and heaven.

Andy
02-09-2006, 04:45 AM
One in fifty.

However: Heaven is meant to be a place for the good. If you have it in you to be able and remorselessly blow up the earth, then you probably won't be allowed in.

Yatesy
02-09-2006, 04:55 AM
Hmm like most people I'd say not very long, but it all depends on who the person is, what the afterlife is like, who they died etc.