PDA

View Full Version : ixnay cover art question....

talentsdead
02-09-2006, 03:23 AM
HEY!
does anyone know what the words on the skulls crown say??
i think its something like "alla te cipeno" or thereabouts...
does anyone know what it means or what launguage it is???
any help and i would love u forever..
email me - some_guy01@hotmail.com

peace out...
oh and check out my band www.myspace.com/talentsdead

SaiKYoU
02-09-2006, 04:24 AM
it says ALLA TE ESPERO and it is SPANISH, it means "I'll wait you there·" and "there" means "the life after the death"

Little_Miss_1565
02-09-2006, 05:06 AM
That's the literal translation...doesn't it really mean 'see you in hell' though?

Drummerguy123
02-09-2006, 05:48 AM
I couldn't tell. I used a translator and this is what I got.

allá adverbio
1 (lugar alejado) there, over there
allá abajo, down there
allá arriba, up there
¡allá va!, there he goes!
más allá, further on
más allá de, beyond
el más allá, afterlife
2 (tiempo remoto o indefinido) allá por los años cuarenta, back in the forties ♦ LOC: allá él, that's his problem

esperar
I verbo transitivo
1 (aguardar) to wait for: espera un momento, ¿seguro que hablas del mismo Pedro?, wait a minute, are you sure you're talking about the same Peter?
2 (tener esperanza) to hope: espero que todo salga bien, I hope everything turns out well ➣ Ver nota en hope 3 (desear, suponer) to expect
4 fig (un hijo) to expect ➣ Ver nota en expect

II verbo intransitivo to wait: no puedo esperar más, I can't wait any longer
♦ LOC: familiar de aquí te espero, incredible, massive: afuera hay un follón de aquí te espero, there's an incredible mess outside
esperar sentado, to have a long wait in store: si creéis que voy a participar en esa locura podéis esperar sentados, if you think that I'm going to have any part of that madness, you'll have to wait a long time
Esperar tiene tres significados básicos, que corresponden a tres verbos ingleses:
Aguardar, en sentido general, se traduce por to wait: Llevo media hora esperándote, I've been waiting for you for half an hour.
Tener esperanza, desear, se traduce por to hope: Espero que vengas mañana. I hope you will come tomorrow. Espero que sí. I hope so.
Suponer, esperar algo sabiendo que es muy probable que ocurra, se traduce por to expect: Espero la visita de un amigo (sabemos que va a venir). I'm expecting a friend to call.

So yeah, I don't know.

SaiKYoU
02-09-2006, 06:21 AM
guys, don't worry about seraching any meaning, believe what i posted, just because I'm spanish and i know what the hell it means :eek:

punker
02-09-2006, 08:10 AM
That's the literal translation...doesn't it really mean 'see you in hell' though?

i believe that too, is more like "i'll wait for you in hell"