PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks Green Day is overplayed?

Tankster949
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Every other song I have heard for the past year is a Green Day song. Does it seem to anyone else that Green Day is being overplayed.

That_Guy91
02-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Nope, I never noticed.

Drummerguy123
02-09-2006, 06:35 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18765

Jakebert
02-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey idiot, there's a stickied Green Day thread right at the top of the page.

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Every other song I have heard for the past year is a Green Day song. Does it seem to anyone else that Green Day is being overplayed.
Oh, piss off.

mrconeman
02-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Theres no 'think' about it, saying "I think Greenday are overplayed" is like saying "Hi I have a radio and TV"

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Theres no 'think' about it, saying "I think Greenday are overplayed" is like saying "Hi I have a radio and TV"

I have neither.

That_Guy91
02-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I have neither.
But you have a computer, which can be used for both.

coke_a holic
02-09-2006, 07:40 PM
I actually believe Green Day is underplayed, I have yet to hear a station devoted solely for their music. I want to listen to Wake Me up when September Ends 16 times in a row every day. They aren't catering to my needs as a listener.

Jakebert
02-09-2006, 07:43 PM
I Hate Green Day The Offspring Is Much Better Because Green Day Is Emo Pussy And I Don"t Like Them Being On Mtv Like Sellouts The Offspring Is Music Is Better And Punk>

Andy
02-09-2006, 07:52 PM
I Hate Green Day The Offspring Is Much Better Because Green Day Is Emo Pussy And I Don"t Like Them Being On Mtv Like Sellouts The Offspring Is Music Is Better And Punk>
Can I ask. Was that comment said as a parody, or are you actually serious?

That_Guy91
02-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Can I ask. Was that comment said as a parody, or are you actually serious?
Parody. Notice the purposeful lack of periods and commas.

Andy
02-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Parody. Notice the purposeful lack of periods and commas.
Thank God, I was beginning to lose faith.

ruroken
02-09-2006, 08:37 PM
I actually believe Green Day is underplayed, I have yet to hear a station devoted solely for their music. I want to listen to Wake Me up when September Ends 16 times in a row every day. They aren't catering to my needs as a listener.
EL OH EL ZI

Green Day is played on MTV and VH1 because they, get this everyone, are better than The Offspring! :eek: Aint that the darndest thing?

By the way, thread maker, buy some music and stop listening to the radio if you don't want to hear Green Day anymore.

That_Guy91
02-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Green Day is played on MTV and VH1 because they, get this everyone, are better than The Offspring! :eek: Aint that the darndest thing?
Yes, and that's also why Fall Out Boy gets so much airplay, right?

EDIT: Just wanted to mention, I don't have a problem with people liking Green Day (usually), but don't equate that to radio or t.v. airtime.

ruroken
02-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Fall Out Boy is different. They have a loyal fanbase composed of underage emo girls who get wet to his false Irish accent. There's a lot of them out there...

Drummerguy123
02-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Fall Out Boy is different. They have a loyal fanbase composed of underage emo girls who get wet to his false Irish accent. There's a lot of them out there...

And Green Day has a loyal fanbase of a bunch of trendy 13 year olds thinking that t hey are punk. There's a lot of them out there...

yay
02-09-2006, 08:57 PM
EL OH EL ZI

By the way, thread maker, buy some music and stop listening to the radio if you don't want to hear Green Day anymore.I have been arguing this since American Idiot launched. Get over it guys, if Offspring were still decent they would be played to.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 08:59 PM
I have been arguing this since American Idiot launched. Get over it guys, if Offspring were still decent they would be played to.

yeah you kind of got a point there

Drummerguy123
02-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I have been arguing this since American Idiot launched. Get over it guys, if Offspring were still decent they would be played to.

okay, get this through your little head:

POPULARITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TALENT!!!!!!!!

Thank you...

ruroken
02-09-2006, 09:00 PM
And Green Day has a loyal fanbase of a bunch of trendy 13 year olds thinking that t hey are punk. There's a lot of them out there...
You're mistaken. That's The Offspring.

[Serious now] Actually, it's both.

yay
02-09-2006, 09:01 PM
And Green Day has a loyal fanbase of a bunch of trendy 13 year olds thinking that t hey are punk. There's a lot of them out there...And Offspring has one obsessed fan called Drummerguy123 who seems to be intent on making everyone believe that The Offspring is better than Green day. The fact that on The Offspring OWN messaging board, there are people who prefer Green day shows Offspring are in trouble. Go to any of the millions of Green day threads and none have debates like this, everyone loves Green day.

BTW, have you watched Woodstock 94 or Reading 2001? Cause both of them are live Green day gigs yet I didn't see ONE emo girl in the crowd. Yet at Offspring in 2001 I could have sworn I saw heaps of them.

Drummerguy123
02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
You're mistaken. That's The Offspring.

[Serious now] Actually, it's both.

Yes, and the same goes for bad Religion and Social Distortion. But with Green Day, their main fan-base is this group. Most of The Offspring's fans would have gotten into them during Smash or Americana, so they would be much older by now and probably have more mature taste in music, too.

Drummerguy123
02-09-2006, 09:04 PM
And Offspring has one obsessed fan called Drummerguy123 who seems to be intent on making everyone believe that The Offspring is better than Green day. The fact that on The Offspring OWN messaging board, there are people who prefer Green day shows Offspring are in trouble. Go to any of the millions of Green day threads and none have debates like this, everyone loves Green day.

BTW, have you watched Woodstock 94 or Reading 2001? Cause both of them are live Green day gigs yet I didn't see ONE emo girl in the crowd. Yet at Offspring in 2001 I could have sworn I saw heaps of them.

Do you seriously think I'm the only one who thinks that? And those performances are old. I was talking about their current fan base. Besides, 2001 was right after Co1 was released, so a lot of the fans would be into their poppy stuff at that concert.

ruroken
02-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Yes, and the same goes for bad Religion and Social Distortion. But with Green Day, their main fan-base is this group. Most of The Offspring's fans would have gotten into them during Smash or Americana, so they would be much older by now and probably have more mature taste in music, too.
The older fanbase is dead. Haven't you noticed that yet?
And what the hell would you know about Green Day's fanbase, seeing as you aren't a fan of them?
Besides, who the hell cares about "talent" anyway? Whatever sounds good sounds good. That's all there is to music. Nothing else.

@ yay: Indeeeeeed.

Drummerguy123
02-09-2006, 09:09 PM
The older fanbase is dead. Haven't you noticed that yet?
And what the hell would you know about Green Day's fanbase, seeing as you aren't a fan of them?
Besides, who the hell cares about "talent" anyway? Whatever sounds good sounds good. That's all there is to music. Nothing else.

@ yay: Indeeeeeed.

On these forums, yes, but not everywhere else. And seeing as how you don't care about talent in music, I don't know why I even bother arguing with you.

ruroken
02-09-2006, 09:27 PM
You just don't get it, do you? Stop being so pretentious and stupid.

Drummerguy123
02-09-2006, 09:30 PM
By bringing up valid points and rebuttals to your arguments that you can't counter? Sure.

Camilamazed
02-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Funny how people seem to be tired of Green day but just cannot stop talking about them...... :rolleyes:

ruroken
02-10-2006, 08:43 AM
/\ Yeah. wtf is up with that?

ashtray_girl_1
02-10-2006, 11:58 AM
yeah true! could someone please explain me why is there an official greed thread on the official OFFSPRING forums?!

just stop talking about them

WebDudette
02-10-2006, 12:05 PM
That's exactly why. People kept making threads about them (both negative and possotive) so JohnnyNemesis I believe made a Greenday Thread.

Nither one of these bands are that talented. There are so many much better bands out there.

ashtray_girl_1
02-10-2006, 12:09 PM
everyone is so obsessed with them...and my friends who were saying they are shit when i was listening to them today make me burn their cds so they could pretend like they have loved them from the start...fuckers

WebDudette
02-10-2006, 12:19 PM
It's a trend. Liking Greenday aswell as hating Greenday seems to be a trend. I couldn't care less I don't liek them a whole lot but I don't hate them either.

That_Guy91
02-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Sorry to bump, I was gone for 2 days and didn't get a chance to respond.

The only difference is that Green Day fans have been around longer, so they're older. When Dookie came out, that is exactly what Green Day fans were like.

Apathy
02-11-2006, 08:19 PM
PLease take the time to read some of this if you've been arguing in this thread. At least the conclusion.

And Offspring has one obsessed fan called Drummerguy123 who seems to be intent on making everyone believe that The Offspring is better than Green day. The fact that on The Offspring OWN messaging board, there are people who prefer Green day shows Offspring are in trouble. Go to any of the millions of Green day threads and none have debates like this, everyone loves Green day.

Your thought process is Messed up. Nothing You said proves anything. For the message board statement, it all depends on who signs up. I could sign up for a Green Day board right now and talk shit about them. There are plenty of people who could. There are also plenty of people who like Green Day and could come here to bash the Offspring. Some Of them do, but not all of them.

The only difference is that Green Day fans have been around longer, so they're older. When Dookie came out, that is exactly what Green Day fans were like.

First off, How the hell would you know?
Your birthday is June, 12 1991. Dookie was released February 1, 1994. That would have made you two years old. How many Green Day shows did you go to in that time period.
Secondly, not all Fall Out Boy fans look/act alike. My older brother loves Heavy Metal, and his guilty pleasure is Fall Out Boy. He sure as hell doesn't act like a whiny scenester.

POPULARITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TALENT!!!!!!!!

Popularity has Heaps to do with Talent. Where you went wrong is that they both have more to do with opinion. In an average 12 year old girls opinion, Fall Out Boy would be extremely talented, and a person like Jimi Hendrix would be some stoner on an acoustic guitar. Maybe they don't know any better, or maybe you don't.

Not many people here even know what they're talking about. They just feel like arguing. Which is a very very dumb state of mind.

Here's my thoughts. If you like a band talk about them in their official thread. Have meaningful discussions about songs and albums and crap. If you Don't like a band. Don't be a dickhead and ruin it for everyone else. There's no point.

That_Guy91
02-11-2006, 08:28 PM
First off, How the hell would you know?
Your birthday is June, 12 1991. Dookie was released February 1, 1994. That would have made you two years old. How many Green Day shows did you go to in that time period.
Secondly, not all Fall Out Boy fans look/act alike. My older brother loves Heavy Metal, and his guilty pleasure is Fall Out Boy. He sure as hell doesn't act like a whiny scenester.
Ok, i'll give you that one. There I was just ranting.

Popularity has Heaps to do with Talent. Where you went wrong is that they both have more to do with opinion. In an average 12 year old girls opinion, Fall Out Boy would be extremely talented, and a person like Jimi Hendrix would be some stoner on an acoustic guitar. Maybe they don't know any better, or maybe you don't.
Here, I disagree. Talent and preference are different. I prefer The Offspring over, say, Black Flag. I know that Black Flag is a more talented band, yet I prefer the Offspring, as do many people.

Apathy
02-11-2006, 08:37 PM
The Offspring are better in some areas than Black Flag. Which would lead to the conclusion that they are more talented in that particular area. If all you cared about in music was that specific thing, then you would deem them more talented.

That's my reasoning anyway. You could be right... but this is how I think.

Drummerguy123
02-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Here, I disagree. Talent and preference are different. I prefer The Offspring over, say, Black Flag. I know that Black Flag is a more talented band, yet I prefer the Offspring, as do many people.

More or less what i was going to say. Someone could like the White Stripes more than, oh, let's say, Led Zeppelin or Rush. That doesn't meant that they are better, even if the masses prefer the White Stripes.

That_Guy91
02-11-2006, 08:38 PM
More or less what i was going to say. Someone could like the White Stripes more than, oh, let's say, Led Zeppelin or Rush. That doesn't meant that they are better, even if the masses prefer the White Stripes.
I was about to say Led Zeppelin, then I realized that more people like them than The Offspring, which would have killed my point.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-11-2006, 08:40 PM

That reminds of my favorite 100 list. I had Hoobastank over Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Drummerguy123
02-11-2006, 08:46 PM
That reminds of my favorite 100 list. I had Hoobastank over Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

A very good example of both my pont AND blasphemy!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-11-2006, 10:53 PM

Green Day are emo pussies? Offspring is punk?