PDA

View Full Version : Have you had a ghostly experience?

kamikaze
02-09-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm pretty convinced my house is haunted. I'll give you a few of the strange things that happened here before, and then I want you to tell me your stories. Or even stories you've just heard. I love ghost stories. & if you don't believe in ghosts... well, I guess this threat just isn't for you. :(

* While my room was being re-done, I was sleeping in the guest room. One night, I woke up seeing liquid dripping down my walls. Of course, it was dark in there. On one wall, there was, what seemed to be, writing.

* Another night, I had the distinct feeling I was being watched. I opened my eyes and saw a dark figure sitting on top of me, staring at me 6 inches away from my face.

* In my basement, my computer desk is set up facing the laundry room door. The door is about 5 feet away from the desk. My dog was laying down under my chair as I was online. She randomly starts barking and howling and snarling. I jumped and looked down at her. I was trying to calm her down, but nothing was working. When I sat back up, her stuffed animal, which was previously on the floor in front of the laundry room door, was on the edge of the desk.

* I've woken up several times during the night answering someone who wasn't really there.

There's more. I just don't have any more time to write. Now tell me what's happened to you.

Andy
02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Whoa, those are some insane tales. I say fair play to you though, if that had happened to me I'd be out of that house quicker than a whippet with a bum full of dynamite.

kamikaze
02-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Whoa, those are some insane tales. I say fair play to you though, if that had happened to me I'd be out of that house quicker than a whippet with a bum full of dynamite.

I've gotten used to it. One time, my old cat was sitting at the bottom of the steps staring up into the dark hallway. I looked up the stairs and just said, "Please stop. You're scaring me." Then my cat just kinda walked away and started playing with his toys. I know it sounds stupid, but I guess it works.

nieh
02-09-2006, 06:00 PM
It's been done a few times before and I'm too lazy to type it again so here:

I've always believed in ghosts but that was kinda affirmed after realizing my friend's house is haunted. One time I ended up crashing at her place and after she was asleep I started hearing what sounded like a pen clicking from inside her desk. It started bothering me and ended up creeping me out even moreso when it started clicking in unison with my blinking. I would blink really fast and it would keep up exactly and I would stop blinking and it would stop instantly. It scared the crap out of me but I was thinking I was just imagining it so I didn't wake my friend up or anything. I ended up turning the tv on for like 2 hours before I ended up falling asleep. When my friend got up the next morning, as soon as I started saying anything about it she said "Oh yeah...she's harmless" and started telling me that there's a ghost there that apparently likes to mess with new people. Back when she was in high school, she would always be the last one out of the house and the first one back, and she would always have these little dolls on her windowsill and she would make them face outside, but everytime she came back from school, they were facing inside. She'd set them up again, but after school they'd be facing the other way again. Just random stuff like that. Yay for ghost stories!

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Stories like this always fascinate me. Do you think that the ghosts are nasty, or just immature and enjoy playing jokes on people?

If I was a ghost, I would SO use my powers to fuck with peoples minds. :cool:

Keep posting your experiences, they're interesting.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-09-2006, 06:03 PM
This is not the kind of thread I should be reading in a dark room at 2am.

kamikaze
02-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Stories like this always fascinate me. Do you think that the ghosts are nasty, or just immature and enjoy playing jokes on people?

If I was a ghost, I would SO use my powers to fuck with peoples minds. :cool:

Keep posting your experiences, they're interesting.

I guess it all depends on who they were when they were alive. According to my stepdad, ghosts aren't real. They're demons. But demons are evil, and not all ghosts are. I don't know if I really have a ghost or not. Maybe I'm just crazy. But my friend's grandma's house is haunted. Her ghost is nice. He helps her grandma find things that she's lost and stuff like that. But I've also heard of ghosts who'll do anything to get people to leave their homes.

If I were a ghost, I'd watch people in the shower. ;D

kamikaze
02-09-2006, 06:06 PM

BOOOO!!!!!

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
If I were a ghost, I'd watch people in the shower. ;D
Merely one of the perks of the job that is.

I kind of want to be a ghost. Just to play tricks on people. Like a poltergeist, but not throwing shit around. I'd give my voice to the child of the family and make her say fucked up shit. Hah, I would be a great ghost.

Isolated Fury
02-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I was waiting for Alex to get out of the shower one day and decided to lie down on the floor. I had been working 10 hour shifts and sleeping for about 2 hours between them. Anyway!...You know that feeling when you know a door has been opened? The air kind of changes, and in the back of your mind an alarm goes off that says, "Hey, uh...there's a new opening." Well I felt that. And considering the scenario, I figured it was Alex coming back from her shower. Then I felt the carpet around slightly depress, much like someone stepping onto it. The footsteps continued around my body and toward my head. This entire time I was lying on my stomach with my head away from the door.

I turn over to greet her only to find that no one was there and the door was completely closed. I stood up and sat at the edge of her bed the rest of my time in there.

coke_a holic
02-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I'd drown people! =)

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:09 PM
I'd drown people! =)
It's people like you who give Ghosts a bad name.

bd007h
02-09-2006, 06:09 PM
has anyone else noticed the coke a holic imposter?

Isolated Fury
02-09-2006, 06:10 PM
has anyone else noticed the coke a holic imposter?
You mean Mike doesn't really only have 7 posts?!?!...

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
More stories, please. It's getting late and I want to read some freaky shit.

kamikaze
02-09-2006, 06:12 PM
More stories, please. It's getting late and I want to read some freaky shit.

My friend's dad grew up in a haunted house. At his current house, he has a clock that doesn't work anymore from his childhood. No matter what you do, it will never work. He's had it worked on more times than I even know. But every once in a while, the clock will chime. It scared the living hell out of me a few times.

bd007h
02-09-2006, 06:13 PM
You mean Mike doesn't really only have 7 posts?!?!...

don't need to be such a prick about it.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 06:21 PM
I have one that happened a month ago.

I was sitting in my living/family room with 5 of my friends and my little sister. It was cold outside, not that windy at all though. We have those long tall windows in there on one side of the house. Then at the same time, all the windows just bust open and things are blowing everywhere, we also noticed the front amd back doors flew open at the same time too blowing things everywhere. It was really freaky, no wind outside... and the doors and windows were on different angles, and wind blows in one direction.

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:23 PM
MORE STORIES, if you will?

I'm just jealous I've got none to share myself. Well, not jealous. I'd be a wreck if I had a ghostly experience of my own.

kamikaze
02-09-2006, 06:27 PM
I have one that happened a month ago.

I was sitting in my living/family room with 5 of my friends and my little sister. It was cold outside, not that windy at all though. We have those long tall windows in there on one side of the house. Then at the same time, all the windows just bust open and things are blowing everywhere, we also noticed the front amd back doors flew open at the same time too blowing things everywhere. It was really freaky, no wind outside... and the doors and windows were on different angles, and wind blows in one direction.

That's insane. I'd have pissed myself, I think.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 06:28 PM
That's insane. I'd have pissed myself, I think.

yeah one of my friends has been talking bad about his dead grandma that week so we think it was her

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:29 PM
yeah one of my friends has been talking bad about his dead grandma that week so we think it was her
What a bitch, scaring her grandson half to death.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 06:29 PM
What a bitch, scaring her grandson half to death.

I would agree... but she might kill me... or you.

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:31 PM
She'll have to find me first! MUH HAHAHAHAHA

brb, there's someone at the door....

Jebus
02-09-2006, 06:31 PM
because I'm lazy too

My microwave used to turn on by itself and my tv changed channels by itself. It's either a technical issue or my microwave and tv are possessed. Sometimes I hear footsteps(or something similar sounding) outside my door and the kitchen plates moving around when I'm in my bed late at night. It's probably in my head. Someday I want to see one for real though.

I also remember my dad telling me a story of when he was working for some native american. When no one was home, he sat down on the couch and later he felt something sit next to him. He could even see the indentation. When owner of the house came over, my dad told him about what happened. The guy wasn't surprised and told my dad that it happened all the time.

kamikaze
02-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Okay, I have another one. My cats used to sleep in the basement. My house is set up that the bathroom I use in the mornings is across from the basement door, but you can see into the livingroom from the mirror. Well, one morning, I'm putting on makeup in the bathroom when I see my cat walk by. I told him goodmorning, and continued with my makeup. I looked toward the dining room and saw his tail go into the livingroom from that doorway. I went to finish my makeup when I realized that the basement door was still closed and both cats were locked downstairs.

The door to the spare room used to open a lot by itself, too. One morning when I was running late and home alone, I ran up to my room to grab some chapstick. The door was open. I got so mad. I screamed, "Why the fuck won't you stay closed?!" and slammed the door. Right after I did that, a door elsewhere in the house slammed. I got scared. I was getting ready to walk out the door when I realized the cats didn't have any food, so I ran to the basement to feed them. As I was doing so, I heard footsteps upstairs. After that, I left as quickly as possible. I honestly never thought I'd ever be happy to ride the bus...

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
She'll have to find me first! MUH HAHAHAHAHA

brb, there's someone at the door....

hahhaaha... bye Andy

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Okay, I have another one. My cats used to sleep in the basement. My house is set up that the bathroom I use in the mornings is across from the basement door, but you can see into the livingroom from the mirror. Well, one morning, I'm putting on makeup in the bathroom when I see my cat walk by. I told him goodmorning, and continued with my makeup. I looked toward the dining room and saw his tail go into the livingroom from that doorway. I went to finish my makeup when I realized that the basement door was still closed and both cats were locked downstairs.

The door to the spare room used to open a lot by itself, too. One morning when I was running late and home alone, I ran up to my room to grab some chapstick. The door was open. I got so mad. I screamed, "Why the fuck won't you stay closed?!" and slammed the door. Right after I did that, a door elsewhere in the house slammed. I got scared. I was getting ready to walk out the door when I realized the cats didn't have any food, so I ran to the basement to feed them. As I was doing so, I heard footsteps upstairs. After that, I left as quickly as possible. I honestly never thought I'd ever be happy to ride the bus...

Have you ever considered moving?

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:35 PM
hahhaaha... bye Andy

Nah, there was nobody there. Damn kids playing about.

Isolated Fury
02-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Both of her parents are pastors. Their house is protected by God. They see no need to move.

kamikaze
02-09-2006, 06:38 PM

I don't have a choice, really. I have to finish high school. I'm moving to college in August, though. I don't know. Weird things tend to happen wherever I go. One time, I was in my car with my friend Brandy on my way to pick up my paycheck. At a red light, my car filled up with the strongest cigarette smoke smell I've ever smelled in my life. She said, "You know, ghosts carry their scents with them sometimes." The only person I could think of was my dad, because he was an avid smoker when he was alive. I wasn't scared. It made me miss him a lot, though.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
Nah, there was nobody there. Damn kids playing about.

Were they dead?

kamikaze
Both of her parents are pastors. Their house is protected by God. They see no need to move.

It's my demon music!!!!!!

Andy
02-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Were they dead?
They certainly looked a little pasty.

Isolated Fury
02-09-2006, 06:41 PM
You're bringin' the devil into the house, you filthy heathen!

kamikaze
02-09-2006, 06:42 PM
You're bringin' the devil into the house, you filthy heathen!

You like it.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 06:45 PM
There was this one time where I was alone in the dark of my basement, on the computer. I got really hot then I got freezing cold. I told my friends about it online. They said a ghost was walking through me or I was having an orgasm. I don't remember.

Isolated Fury
02-09-2006, 06:47 PM
You like it.
You know it.

kamikaze
02-09-2006, 06:48 PM
There was this one time where I was alone in the dark of my basement, on the computer. I got really hot then I got freezing cold. I told my friends about it online. They said a ghost was walking through me or I was having an orgasm. I don't remember.

Eh, tomato tomato. They're both fun!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Eh, tomato tomato. They're both fun!

I enjoyed it

Sinister
02-09-2006, 06:52 PM
I never had ghostly experiences - well not anything I'm certain of - but sometimes I'm home alone downstairs and the floorboards upstairs creak and I can hear the sound moving, pretty much like it would if someone went from one room to the other.

Preocupado
02-09-2006, 07:02 PM
This isn't ghostly, but it still creeps the hell out of me when i remember.

In New York, at the hotel room, i was sleeping on the floor, right next to the air conditioner. I dreamt that i was chasing a friend of mine throught the hotel's corridors, but i wasant walking - instead, i was crawling in the walls and the sealing really fast, knowing that i would shred him if i caught him.
Anyways, while i was dreaming, my friend entered the room and saw me behind the bed, supporting myself with my arms on top of it with my eyes WIDE open, staring at the door, but unconscious. He said an uncomfortable "hi" and i slowly puied back to the ground, closed my eyes, then woke up.

He told me how he found me before i could tell him of my dream and that's what creeps me out about it.

WebDudette
02-09-2006, 10:33 PM

Exactly what I was going to say except it's 11:30.

WebDudette
02-09-2006, 10:42 PM
My old house was made entirely out of old barn wood that house scared the fuck out of me. But anyways we had a tond of Oliander (spelling?) bushes and alot of the time if you walked by them at night you could here voices. That house scared me so much.

At anothe rhouse I lived at I had a closet about three feet from the foot of my bed and I woke up one night and looked at my closet and saw what seemed to be a girl standing in my closet but it was extrmely late and I was extremely tired.

Also I wake up talking to peopel and saying some of the wierdest shit sometimes it scares me.
Now I don't want to sleep.

Tizzalicious
02-09-2006, 11:53 PM
I really shouldn't have read this. My house makes sounds sometimes, and it's nothing (I assume), but I'm gonna be so scared next time I hear something.

the_GoDdEsS
02-10-2006, 05:33 AM
Sounds. Wow, I like freaky sounds, in a way.

I didn't have any experiences like that. Except at my grandmother's apartment a coin fell down on me off the top of a shelf. For absolutely no reason. I still don't get it but it was quite exciting.

My friend's mum saw the ghost of a little boy who died. I'm pretty much willing to believe that.

My brother and I heard footsteps around us at the cemetery while we were at our brother's grave. Somehow I wanted to believe it. But I don't believe it was anything though. My cousin knows about ghosts a lot (no, he's not a teenager, he's an old guy) and he said that's very unlikely to happen at a cemetery. You need a violent death where the ghost remains and walks around because it can't enter afterlife as long as things are not resolved.

JoY
02-10-2006, 06:04 AM
once I was crying & desperately too. I was so incredibly hurt, any form of reason failed & I was at the end of my.. everything. just a feeling of superintense mental & physical tiredness took over & I thought I'd never be able to move again.

then suddenly I felt someone's presence. it magically instantly relaxed me. I calmed down & looked up, but didn't see anyone. I was sitting there, on my bed, & I felt someone sitting down next to me, comforting me with his mere presence. I softly said "grandfather?", but the question seemed so awfully unnecessary, it was almost insulting. my question ruined a bit of magic, but after this event I felt completely calm & alright again.

then there's a friend of mine, who claims her parents' house from around 1700 is haunted by a violin-playing ghost. she told me some time before I had a sleep-over at her place. in the middle of the night I woke up & was certain I heard someone play cello. "multi-talented ghost", I thought. at first I thought the music could be playing in my head, so I covered my ears, but then it stopped. I took my hands from my ears & there it was again.

I got up & slowly walked down the stairs, almost drawn to the music. it seemed to come from the old wine-cellar, the last bit in the basement that was originally from 1700 & was left the exact way it was, when the house was built. I opened an antique closet & in it was a stairs going down to the wine-cellar. at this point I wondered if I was nuts, but the sound of the music kept growing stronger & stronger. so I didn't seem all that nuts. just curious. I walked down in my pj's & felt the cold draft from the cellar. & then, there I saw someone sitting with his back towards me, playing cello. it was my friend's dad. he couldn't sleep.

JoY
02-10-2006, 06:12 AM
You need a violent death where the ghost remains and walks around because it can't enter afterlife as long as things are not resolved.
that would somewhat explain why I felt my grandfather's presence & not that of my other grandfather, or grandmother. I always wondered why on earth it'd be him & why I was so certain it was him, when I didn't see anyone. it could've been anyone I know who died.

my grandfather died in a carcrash. to this day still no one knows how it happened, but he & his friend were sitting in the car, my grandfather was driving & accidently, somehow, he drove the car in a canal. the car flipped over & landed on the roof in the water. they both drowned. my grandfather's friend died immediately, but my grandfather lived in a coma for four more days, untill we pulled out the plugs & decided it wasn't of any use.

Paint_It_Black
02-10-2006, 06:55 AM
I've never had an experience that I could claim was genuine. Everything has just been too easily explained, or just not significant enough to pay much attention to. I'm not certain whether I'd like to have a genuine unexplainable incident or not, and I'm not truly certain what my beliefs are on this issue. I suppose I'd have to say I'd like to believe, but I'll remain a sceptic until I have a personal experience that convinces me.

I find it interesting that a recent study showed that people that went on to higher education tend to have more belief in the supernatural. From what I gathered, the opposite was expected.

When I was a kid I loved to go ghost hunting. Had some mildy interesting experiences, but I wasn't exactly being objective. I really have to dismiss it all now. A few years ago I did a few tape recorder experiments just for fun, but got nothing other than a weird scratching noise that could be attributed to anything. What I really hate about this subject is my lack of objectivity. I'm feeling creeped out right now, at 9am with the room fairly well lit. It's so difficult to explore these things in a scientific manner.

killer_queen
02-10-2006, 06:56 AM
I don't believe in ghosts but I'd believe if a reasonable person tells me that she/he had an experience.
When I was small (and alone) I heard someone was playing piano so I went to the living room there was nobody of course. But I'm sure I heard it. That's all I had.
And there's that stupid djinn(?) calling thing. We did on a summer night with my friends and I swear, someone was oushing the cup. Nobody admitted it. Also nobody wanted to do it again and nobody wanted to talk about it. Cowards...

JoY
02-10-2006, 07:20 AM
It's so difficult to explore these things in a scientific manner.
it's impossible, because we don't have the knowledge to solve this. people tend to hold on to science as we know it so much, it blinds them for the oportunity that there might be something beyond the science we know. & for as long as people will view life through that limited window, it'll always be inexplicable.

killer_queen
02-10-2006, 07:20 AM
* Another night, I had the distinct feeling I was being watched. I opened my eyes and saw a dark figure sitting on top of me, staring at me 6 inches away from my face.
A lot of people I know had that. Usually they don't see anything but they feel there is something on top of them and claim that they couldn't move. I've never had though. Especially my brother always tells his experience. A few years ago he arued with my parents. So we all went out and left him alone at home. When we came back he apologised them for the first time on his life. I asked him what was going on he told me a few things like he couldn't move but that's all. He doesn't want to talk about it.

There's also my little freakish cousin. When she was 5 her favourite toy was a stuffed bunny. She had her since she was a baby. Anyway, she was always talking with it, never stopped carrying it for a year. She wasn't going to a kindergarden or her parents didn't let her watch everything on TV but she was claiming that there was a genie(now I found it) in it. Her parents couldn't found out where she learnt that word. And she kept on telling everything she did was ordered by her genie. One day her mother saw that bunny in trashcan. When she took it back and gave it to her daughter she cried and told her mother to get rid of it. Now we don't see my cousin and her parents a lot but I guess she's still seeing her psychiatrist everyday. This is not a ghost story, I know. It just scares me a lot.

JoY
02-10-2006, 07:22 AM
sounds like an early case of schizophrenia. but that's real easy to say & a real easy way to explain it.

Paint_It_Black
02-10-2006, 07:27 AM
it's impossible, because we don't have the knowledge to solve this. people tend to hold on to science as we know it so much, it blinds them for the oportunity that there might be something beyond the science we know. & for as long as people will view life through that limited window, it'll always be inexplicable.

That's sadly true. However, I have faith in scientific methodology. Investigating things in a scientific manner, and letting the results speak for themselves. A true scientist should always be open to new information, if it's presented as part of a well carried out experiment or study. When we close ourselves to new ideas just because we've held one thing to be true for so long, we become no better than those darn religious types. As an example, I have some big problems with the theory of evolution, and a fair amount of interest in the theory of intelligent design. It's healthy to question these things.

killer_queen
02-10-2006, 07:32 AM
What's wrong with religious types? I'm one of them and it keeps me not believing unreasonable things. I don't consider ghosts and those kind of things completely unreasonable but superstitions, horoscopes,etc are just stupid. I don't see any reason to believe in them.

Paint_It_Black
02-10-2006, 07:46 AM
I consider religions to be unreasonable and superstitious. I see no reason to believe in them. But I have a general policy of I'll leave them alone, if they leave me alone. Only problem is, they don't. I'm actually only bitching about american Christians, so don't get offended (killer queen). I know far too little about your religion to be criticizing you at all. I have so many problems with american christians that there's no point even starting on it. And before anyone says it, sure maybe the majority are fine, but there's a really fucking annoying minority then. The reason I mentioned religious types is because they tend to have a strict belief structure and aren't willing to budge much on it. Many of them wouldn't care if there was evidence to show they're wrong, because they have faith that they are right. I personally know many Christians like this, and it deeply irritates me, on so many levels. Don't get me started.

JoY
02-10-2006, 08:12 AM
science is almost just as much of a belief as God. we named gravity, we named everything & we assumed even more to base our knowledge on. the major difference is, that in the case of science, you can do a test twice & get the same result. but people do tend to hold on to it & consider it the only truth, to a point that it does blind them. just as much as any religion could narrow your vision.

I know very religious people studying medicine, who keep arguing with our teachers about revolution & even things like baby making. the funny thing about these arguments is that it really does seem to be a religion against religion argument. of course science is based on the nature around us & on the physiological processes everywhere, but our knowledge of science are conclusions based on necessary assumptions. or else no train of thoughts could lead anywhere.

let's just say science & religion are definitely not the same, though they show obvious similarities.

Paint_It_Black
02-10-2006, 08:15 AM
science is almost just as much of a belief as God.

Only when discussing the worst of scientists. Science is supposed to be about being open to new possibilities. Religions generally seem rather opposed to new ideas.

JoY
02-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Only when discussing the worst of scientists. Science is supposed to be about being open to new possibilities. Religions generally seem rather opposed to new ideas.
weren't/aren't you dicussing the worst of religious aswell?

by the way, scientist only accept new ideas if they suit with the old ideas & fit right in the picture of science as we know it. or else any idea will be gotten rid of instantly as irrelevant.

grunge
02-10-2006, 08:30 AM
No i haven't

JoY
02-10-2006, 08:43 AM
I also have this real silly story. once I lost my gymbag & it was the second time I'd lost it. the first time my mom already was pretty pissed off, so I figured it'd be better not to tell her this time. of course, providing I'd find back my gymbag before she'd find out. so I looked everywhere & I mean litterally everywhere. I just couldn't find it.

one night I was sleeping & a voice said "it's on the rocking chair, it's on the rocking chair". not too soft, or too loud. after those words were said, I could suddenly picture the bag lying there on my rocking chair in my sleep, as if it was a dream. I woke up with that picture in my mind, those words still floating through the air & my head turned to the left, right in the direction of my rocking chair. I opened my eyes like I'd never been asleep & there it was. under a giant big ass pile of things, that I'd already checked tenthousand times before. all that was visible, was a tiny piece of pink fabric from my gymbag.

I do seem to have some kind of guardian angel. I know this sounds real stupid, but if you know in how much shit I've gotten myself over time, I think you'd agree. I've been in more traffic accidents than I can remember, I've lost more things than I can remember, I've been in death-threatening situations & basically, it seems to be my habit to get myself in trouble.

Mota Boy
02-10-2006, 11:35 AM
When I worked in D.C. a couple summers ago, I stayed in a dorm at George Washington University with tons of other interns. The "dorm" was actually an old hotel that had been converted into a dormitory - only college dorm I've ever seen with a standard cabinet TV. The first weekend my roommates and I did the traditional drunken monument tour. At around one or one-thirty a.m., after putting a sizeable dent into a handle of tequila, I joined my roommates to stumble out into the night. We called up the elevator and I walked in first, zeroing in on the button for the lobby. However, before I could hit it, it lit up. My other roommates and I exchanged confused glances and rode down, thinking perhaps somebody had hit a button from the lobby and the wiring misfired. When we got there, though, it was completely empty.

We spent the next several hours stumbling among the World War II Memorial, the reflecting pool, the Lincoln Memorial, the WWI Memorial and debating whether or not to try and swim across the Potomac to reach the Jefferson Memorial before heading back in, arriving at about four. As we unsteadily made our way through the deserted lobby towards the elevators, the same lift that brought us down suddenly opened up before us, nobody inside. We exchanged some more glances and rode up. That was the first weekend and, unfortunately, nothing like that ever happened again, but it was pretty damn cool.

darko
02-10-2006, 03:38 PM
I was alway sure the house i grew up in was haunted....but no-one would belive me. Now i've moved out my ma's noticed it

Tankster949
02-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Every so often I'd go down stairs, and I felt like something was watching me. So I started singing and it went away. I never knew I was such a bad singer.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Every so often I'd go down stairs, and I felt like something was watching me. So I started singing and it went away. I never knew I was such a bad singer.

Haha... I got that feeling alot and I just take out my iPod (I don't go anywhere without it) and blast my music, the feeling goes away.

Camilamazed
02-10-2006, 06:23 PM
I do not believe because I've never had such experience (I hope it never happens to me)........

Andy
02-10-2006, 06:27 PM
I want to see a ghost. Seeing a bonafide ghost would reassure me that there is indeed life after death. That would rock.

T-6005
02-10-2006, 06:28 PM
It's easy to believe while it's happening, but in retrospect I don't think I've ever had truly supernatural experience. I feel that there are enough problems lying in front of me to bother with ones that I can't account for.

sourskittle
02-10-2006, 06:48 PM
my parents told me this one, they were driving through these woods at night one time and they saw a glowing white woman walking across the street, i believe this because there have been accidents on this road that have caused deaths. also there is a street near my house that is said to be called "ghost road" because in the 70's there were a lot of ghost sightings there and it got reported to a newspaper. The only supernatural experience i can think of is that one time me and my friend were in my basement on the computer and it was quiet when we heard someone walking around upstairs, like legit steps, not creeking floorboards because they were continuous. i thought that someone was in my house so we checked out every room and there was nothing. i am always hearing people walking around in my house and my friends who live on the street told me that the person who previously lived in my house died in the living, they're parents confirmed this, they also did not find the body until 3 days after he died. Another time at like 6 in the morning, the tv in my bedroom just turned on randomly, the clicker was not near me, i thought it was a ghost but it was a power outage and the power coming back on :rolleyes:

Paint_It_Black
02-11-2006, 12:58 AM
I want to see a ghost. Seeing a bonafide ghost would reassure me that there is indeed life after death. That would rock.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the existence of ghosts would not prove there is life after death. A "ghost" may be a unique life form that was never actually what we consider alive. A "ghost" might be purely an apparition, and have no conciousness. There are many possibilites.

weren't/aren't you dicussing the worst of religious aswell?

No, not really. Faith, by its very nature, kinda requires you to not be open to new ideas.

Sin Studly
02-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Once I slept in a house that was supposed to be used for animal sacrifices to the devil, with a blood relative of Nick "The Greek", the most prominent figure in Australia's Greek mafia.

And yes, I had a ghostly experience. One too fucked up to actually share.

Rocky-girl
02-11-2006, 03:23 AM
No I never had it. But when I can't find smth I use to say:"It's a ghost might be take it!"

Tankster949
02-11-2006, 08:21 AM
I think my TV's haunted. Once I was listening to music using my XBOX. It was a very light song, so then I went to a heavier song. The screen just erupted with static. It was really creepy. Kinda fun, though.

Camilamazed
02-11-2006, 08:43 AM
I want to see a ghost. That would rock.

If I was to see a ghost I wish it'd be Jim Morrison hehehe :D

endlesst0m
02-11-2006, 08:44 AM
for some reason, i can't imagine a black person making a pun, unless its on tv or something.

kamikaze
02-11-2006, 12:50 PM
I consider religions to be unreasonable and superstitious. I see no reason to believe in them. But I have a general policy of I'll leave them alone, if they leave me alone. Only problem is, they don't. I'm actually only bitching about american Christians, so don't get offended (killer queen). I know far too little about your religion to be criticizing you at all. I have so many problems with american christians that there's no point even starting on it. And before anyone says it, sure maybe the majority are fine, but there's a really fucking annoying minority then. The reason I mentioned religious types is because they tend to have a strict belief structure and aren't willing to budge much on it. Many of them wouldn't care if there was evidence to show they're wrong, because they have faith that they are right. I personally know many Christians like this, and it deeply irritates me, on so many levels. Don't get me started.

Even though I am an Amercian Christian, I do agree with you. My parents run a church where they're the only ones who are right. I don't agree with that. They believe so many things that I can't find a scriptual basis for. They are hypocrites. They feel the need to force their beliefs on others. I, on the other hand, don't do that. I'm way more laid-back in my beliefs. I am forced to go to church, which tends to push me away from the idea of God. However, I do believe in one God. I'm not saying anyone else has to. I'd rather that someone have faith in anything than no faith at all.

JoY
02-12-2006, 09:44 AM
No, not really. Faith, by its very nature, kinda requires you to not be open to new ideas.
no, it requires belief in a book. that can be done in many different ways, also without holding it over your head as the only existing truth you'll ever find. you don't have to take all stories told in the bible literally, you know.

my grandfather was a minister & very modern, open to new ideas & generally even *looking* for new things, that could bring him closer to truth & would get him more knowledge. religious aren't by definition ignorant & shutting off for anything outside the bible. that's all I'm trying to say. I could mention a thousand examples, but it's not going to work. let's just say my boyfriend is very religious & if he was in any way blind for innovations, I'd dump him this very same second.

Tizzalicious
02-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Probably nothing ghosty, but my VCR player (which I haven't used for months) just started rewinding the tape that was in there out of nowhere. Strange.

-=xanathos=-
02-12-2006, 09:49 AM
People who are actually interested in this stuff, you should read this:

The punk guide to christianity (http://www.rocktoons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4376&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=atheist&start=45)

I read it and it's simply great. I really figures out what is and what's not right between punk and the christian believe. I'm an atheist myself (And quite the extremist as it is, though not as far as I hate people who believe), but my girlfriend is a protestant out of choise. It's a long read, but you should check it out if you have the time...

Paint_It_Black
02-12-2006, 04:17 PM
religious aren't by definition ignorant & shutting off for anything outside the bible.

They believe the bible is true. Whether they take it literally or not. They believe the contents are true, just because other people told them it is. People who don't take it all literally may be somewhat open to new ideas, but I know many people who take it literally. One of them is a smart guy. He likes science fiction. He understands the universe is a big place and understands my reasoning when I say there is most likely life in the universe other than just us. But he believes that our planet is the only planet with life in the entire universe. His reason? Because nothing else was mentioned in the bible.

JoY
02-13-2006, 01:01 AM
I get where you're coming from. still, science is based on all old findings aswell. it doesn't go outside those results & certainly doesn't contradict them. the most huge contradiction was that the earth was round & turns around the sun. since then a few minor findings have been proved wrong, but mostly they've only been confirmed. scientific research is done in a certain frame, that makes it unlikely to contradict it's basis.

you have to admit that generally everyone, also the ones that believe there isn't a god, shuts him-/herself off to a certain point for new ideas. no one is so revolutionary, that they'd try to knock over every theory, or else we'd have a trillion inventions every week. everyone holds on to what's written in the past & takes it for the truth. it's simply human. it's basically our limit to our own imagination.