PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Tabs for Offspring

noodle654
02-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Ok, does anybody have an accurate tabs of any of their songs. Mxtabs.net got shut down. And all the other tab sites suck, I mean they destroy amazing songs. So anybody make or have sheet music that they can upload. That would be great! :)

punker
02-09-2006, 07:54 PM
i think is illegal to share sheets, besides the only one i have seen is the americana one, you could try lookin for five rated tabs on Ultimate-guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/), you could even find the sheets tabbed in there.

next time use the search button

noodle654
02-09-2006, 08:06 PM
thats the prob, people rate them, even though it does not sound like the song...I have also been looking for sheet music. Anybody have anything?

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah, so many tabs just pure suck, but you can try and google image search them, it doesn't show much of the song, but it's like this:

Pretty Fly (http://membres.lycos.fr/elricodelparis/tabs7/offspr13.jpg)

The Kids Aren't Alright (http://membres.lycos.fr/elricodelparis/tabs5/wpe1E.jpg)

Self Esteem (http://www.stetina.com/lessons/examples/SHAPE02_selfesteem.gif)

Those 3 i found on Google image search... by typing in "Offspring tab"

Llamas
02-10-2006, 01:07 AM
I don't like tabs, I prefer to figure them out myself... looking at tabs takes all the fun out of it, especially since offspring songs aren't *usually* particularly difficult.

all this talk about dirty magic inspired me to learn to play it yesterday and I made a shitty recording of me playing and singing it... it's so bad cause i just learned it, yet somehow I still love it cause it's such a great song :)

race against myself is a harder one to sing and play at the same time, I think...

wazzup22
02-10-2006, 04:32 AM
I don't like tabs, I prefer to figure them out myself... looking at tabs takes all the fun out of it, especially since offspring songs aren't *usually* particularly difficult.

all this talk about dirty magic inspired me to learn to play it yesterday and I made a shitty recording of me playing and singing it... it's so bad cause i just learned it, yet somehow I still love it cause it's such a great song :)

race against myself is a harder one to sing and play at the same time, I think...

Could you send the file pls, it would be cool to c wat u sound like. I also enjoy recording myself, its really fun.

JohnD
02-10-2006, 10:00 AM
i found some of the newer ones on www.punktabs.tk (http://www.punktabs.tk) although this page doesnt seem to be updated too often by the looks of things...

one_fine_day
02-10-2006, 09:40 PM
www.guitarmasta.net

Llamas
02-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Could you send the file pls, it would be cool to c wat u sound like. I also enjoy recording myself, its really fun.

oh maybe if I make a better recording... I'd be totally embarassed to let anyone hear this recording, because I JUST figured it out and recorded it right away... I didn't actually learn how to play it well... also, I don't know how to post mp3s from my computer to a site.

DICKON
02-11-2006, 11:21 AM
i always used mxtabs but i use this (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com) now

noodle654
02-11-2006, 07:14 PM
All the tabs for Dirty Magic suck, I made one that is dead on, If you guys want it tell me. I will record a copy for you guys

Llamas
02-12-2006, 03:47 PM
I figured out DM myself. I'd really be interested in seeing your tablature for it.

Nirushika6789
02-13-2006, 02:14 PM
I bought the tab books because so many of those tabs on Ultimate Guitar are so wrong!!

I think it's the best option...Although I was going to scan them in for you but it's against the law so I kinda don't want to get into that kind of shit :p

But if anyone wants some 'helping' out (let's say) I can help you with certain parts :p :D

Llamas
02-13-2006, 02:36 PM
scanning anything in (photos, magazine articles, etc) is illegal. So is downloading free music. Scanning guitar tabs is no more illegal than anything else.

Nirushika6789
02-13-2006, 02:43 PM
scanning anything in (photos, magazine articles, etc) is illegal. So is downloading free music. Scanning guitar tabs is no more illegal than anything else.
Exactly why I said I wouldn't do it but If you really need help I can help you...

Llamas
02-13-2006, 02:48 PM
oh, you don't download or scan anything into your computer? Well then I understand. I was just saying that if you do any of that other stuff, it shouldn't matter. (I'm not opposed to that kinda thing, I guess). And I don't need help, I figure stuff out myself. But thanks :)

Nirushika6789
02-13-2006, 02:51 PM
oh, you don't download or scan anything into your computer? Well then I understand. I was just saying that if you do any of that other stuff, it shouldn't matter. (I'm not opposed to that kinda thing, I guess). And I don't need help, I figure stuff out myself. But thanks :)
Ok first thing what the hell...

A lot of people download eg
Offspring Freak uses Limewire yet she won't upload the CMCV DVD for some people ...If you see what I mean...

I do download but you should be able to see what I'm getting at.

And I was only offering, you know being nice :D

Llamas
02-13-2006, 03:04 PM
I really don't see your point... it's illegal to download music. It's also illegal to download video. It's also illegal to scan in copyrighted print. All of these things are EQUALLY illegal- no one is worse than the other. Just because a lot of people download music, that doesn't make it more legal. I really don't see your logic in all this. As a matter of fact, scanning stuff to your computer is less of a punishable crime than downloading music BECAUSE it's less common and less of a problem. I've never heard of ANYONE getting persecuted for scanning in print materials, but I know people who've been for downloading music.

I know you're just being nice, and I'm not trying to get your tabs because I don't need them. All I'm saying is that your logic is flawed... sorry, dude. Peace.

Nirushika6789
02-13-2006, 03:06 PM
I really don't see your point... it's illegal to download music. It's also illegal to download video. It's also illegal to scan in copyrighted print. All of these things are EQUALLY illegal- no one is worse than the other. Just because a lot of people download music, that doesn't make it more legal. I really don't see your logic in all this. As a matter of fact, scanning stuff to your computer is less of a punishable crime than downloading music BECAUSE it's less common and less of a problem. I've never heard of ANYONE getting persecuted for scanning in print materials, but I know people who've been for downloading music.

I know you're just being nice, and I'm not trying to get your tabs because I don't need them. All I'm saying is that your logic is flawed... sorry, dude. Peace.
Well whatever you think...but a lot of people scan it Magazine articles...to share with others...also as I said ALMOST ALL people download music but they won't actually go and upload the copyrighted DVD themselves...they will download it..

But if you can't see my point well...whatever...

I'm not starting a fight but Good bye

Llamas
02-13-2006, 03:09 PM
it's cool. I can't figure out why you keep thinking I'm trying to start a fight. All I was trying to do was figure out where you're coming from. I still don't get it, but I'm not going to push the subject because I don't think you get my question, or something like that... you haven't actually answered it :P It's cool, though. Like I said, I haven't said anything that was fight-inducive. Have a good one.

Nirushika6789
02-13-2006, 03:11 PM
it's cool. I can't figure out why you keep thinking I'm trying to start a fight. All I was trying to do was figure out where you're coming from. I still don't get it, but I'm not going to push the subject because I don't think you get my question, or something like that... you haven't actually answered it :P It's cool, though. Like I said, I haven't said anything that was fight-inducive. Have a good one.
No I knwo you didn't...It's just , if you had have been on these boards longer *, you would know I avoid fights at all costs:p

*btw I'm not throwing up to you , your time here...I was just saying you would know me better then :p

So let's agree to disagree? :D

Llamas
02-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Totally, I didn't think you were giving me shit for being new here. And I'm a fan of not fighting as well. I wouldn't try to start a fight over that :p If I really cared, I'd PM ya.