PDA

View Full Version : Are/Were you a sleepwalker?

Preocupado
02-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Creepy, but not enought to be on the ghostly thread, so here we go.

I know throught other people that i used to be a sleepwalker since i was a kid. If i still am, i can't tell because i've been living alone for five years now.

when i was about 4 years old my mom once found me in the middle of the night sitting in a small chair in the living room, looking straight ahead with a scarred gaze. She asked what i was doing there and i said "nothing". So she said "come on, let's get you back to bed" and i just got up, slowly walked back to my bed and went back to sleep.

Anybody got sleepwaker stories to share?

0r4ng3
02-10-2006, 09:47 PM
I once rolled off my bead and hit my head on the corner of a fishtank. But, that's about it.

Preocupado
02-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I think we've all done that... in different degrees of violence, of course.

T-6005
02-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I used to sleep like a dead man. I occasionally move nowadays. My brother has always twitched and murmured in his bed. My sister, however, has been a hardcore sleepwalker. She once got up while sleeping with my mom, walked all the way around the bed, picked up my mom's shoes, handed them to her and said "Put them on, we have to go" in French.

Which, for the record, she doesn't speak French that well, living in an English-speaking environment, haveing her first language be Chinese, and living in a semi-french household.

Homer
02-10-2006, 09:52 PM
I once got up and went to the bathroom... while sleepwalking. And guess what? No messes. Isn't that... weird?

mrconeman
02-10-2006, 09:53 PM
I slep walked once when I was a kid that I know of....
I peed in a bucket :o

Rag Doll
02-10-2006, 09:55 PM
i used to when i was little. like, all the time. i was sleeping over my best friend's house, and i walked into her living room and sat on the couch. her mom came out there at like 7am. she didn't wake me up, she left me there...eventually i woke up on my own. and then i'm like *wtf* and i went back to my friend's room and went back to sleep.

my dad is horrible though. and he has the weirdest dreams. he comes out and asks if we've landed yet. he has left the house and tried to go to our neighbor's house to warn them about the lion in their backyard (my mother brought him back in before he got over there). he came in the living room one night, almost crying, and asked when the christmas tree fell over (it was july). then he started pouting and said *santa isnt gonna come* and he went back in his room. oddly enough, my mom & i asked my grandma about that...and his christmas tree did fall over when he was 7. there are a lot more, but yeah...too many to type.

Preocupado
02-10-2006, 10:01 PM
hmmmm creepy stories. I like it!

Hey, i'm gonna go to bed now, so if i reply here in the next 8 hours, i take no responsability for what i might say :p

Andy
02-10-2006, 10:22 PM
I heard a story recently about a sleepwalker who somehow managed to walk out of his house and up to the top of one of those huge stationary building cranes.

Oh, and apparently my friends brother nearly broke his nose once when he walked into a door during a sleepwalk.

I'm sceptical about both stories, but it would be fantastic if they were real.

alistair13
02-10-2006, 11:31 PM
mine could be classified as disturbed, actually. while sleepwalking, i went down to my family room and started banging on the window shouting 'get the fuck out!" over and over again. i woke up everyone in my house, and shortly woke up myself.

alistair13
02-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I used to sleep like a dead man. I occasionally move nowadays. My brother has always twitched and murmured in his bed. My sister, however, has been a hardcore sleepwalker. She once got up while sleeping with my mom, walked all the way around the bed, picked up my mom's shoes, handed them to her and said "Put them on, we have to go" in French.

Which, for the record, she doesn't speak French that well, living in an English-speaking environment, haveing her first language be Chinese, and living in a semi-french household.

that one's kinda creepy.

T-6005
02-10-2006, 11:36 PM
that one's kinda creepy.
Thing is, technically she SPEAKS French... it's just that she doesn't have proper grammar in any language, even though her vocabulary tends to be very well developed.

And in this instance, her grammar was absolutely flawless. Her speaking, her look... so French that it was weird. Because the girl's never lived in France and doesn't at all know what the cultural behavior norms happen to be like.

Tizzalicious
02-11-2006, 01:01 AM
When I was little I once walked out of the front door. My parents heard the door, and came out to look. Then somewhere down the street I woke up, turned around, and ran back in as fast as I could, straight past my parents.

That's the only time, as fasr as I know.

Though I go to the bathroom half asleep all the time. Sometimes I feel really drunk. And once I woke up and 6.00 am, and thought: 6??? I should go online! And grabbed my laptop. That was kinda weird too.

Tankster949
02-11-2006, 06:37 AM
I don't think I sleepwalk, but Iv'e been told I talk in my sleep. Which is pretty scary, because I think the things out of my mouth when I'm awake is scary. I Probably start to mumble devil enchantments or something.

Camilamazed
02-11-2006, 09:58 AM
It has never happened to me before, but mommy says sometimes she comes to my room and sees me sitting on my bed laughing.....

Weird :rolleyes:

Andy
02-11-2006, 10:02 AM
It has never happened to me before, but mommy says sometimes she comes to my room and sees me sitting on my bed laughing.....
Ok, now THAT's scary.

darko
02-11-2006, 02:13 PM
When i was wee, the night before something happened like wedding i would get up in the middle of the night and turn on all the lights in the house, never remembered doing it the next morning.

Preocupado
02-11-2006, 02:35 PM
This is so awesome! the body responding directly to unconscious commands.. I wonder how many people have died sleepwalking already.

Andy
02-11-2006, 06:11 PM
I wish I would sleepwalk. It would freak my flatmates out a treat. AND, if I were to do something horrible to the annoying Spanish guy in room 7, I would get off as I was not in control.

Which = Andy winning.

Plumey
02-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I don't sleepwalk persay, but I tend to turn off my alarm clock without waking up. I tried putting it on the other side of the room, but somehow I managed to turn it off anyway. It can get a little annoying sometimes.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Nope, but my parents said I talk in my sleep. They say I say girl's names in my sleep. But only God knows.

Telekinesis
02-12-2006, 02:27 AM
my friend told me a quite amusing story about her dad sleep talking, she said she went into his room and he told her to get the keys and that they have to find the arrow pointing to Tasmania, weird. For those of you who don't know, Tasmania is that island at the bottom of Australia, I live in Victoria which is at the bottom of the main island.

Mannen som blev en gris
02-12-2006, 07:25 AM
I don't sleepwalk persay, but I tend to turn off my alarm clock without waking up. I tried putting it on the other side of the room, but somehow I managed to turn it off anyway. It can get a little annoying sometimes.
And that's why you should have two!

Though I go to the bathroom half asleep all the time. Sometimes I feel really drunk. And once I woke up and 6.00 am, and thought: 6??? I should go online! And grabbed my laptop. That was kinda weird too.
Yeah, that kind of stuff happen to me too. It happens after I've taken a nap too. It's really annoying if someone calls you, and after you've hung up, you're like "Wait... who was that?"

HeadAroundU
02-12-2006, 10:45 AM
never...............sleepwalkers are pussies.........

JoY
02-12-2006, 10:58 AM
I used to be a sleepwalker. it got so scary, my parents made a lock on the door, that made it impossible for me to leave my room at night. I didn't understand that lock on my door untill years later (two years ago), when my mother told me how much my sleepwalking made her worry. all this time, untill the age of 19, I just thought it was for.. I don't know.. if they wanted to ground me, or something.

I woke up at so many different places & spots in the house & never did I wonder how the hell I got there. it always seemed somehow logical. or I just didn't think about it.

one time my father found me downstairs in the kitchen with a gigantic kitchenknife in my tiny hands. I must've been four/five, or something. he wanted to stop me, but remembered all the things people say about waking sleepwalkers & shit. so he watched me, utterly terrified, with that knife. I opened the refridgerator, got out a carton box with our desert for the next day & started cutting the cake. at this point my dad calmed down & just grabbed knife out of my hand & guided me back to bed.

another time, & I think this was the last time, I dreamed I was being chased by a dragon. I felt the fire from it's mouth- so hot! & I just ran & ran like hell. at some point I wanted to go around the corner in the hall & I slipped & fell with my head against the wall. I was just going too fast. I woke up & it was the very first time I was aware of the fact that I'd been sleepwalking. maybe that's how & why it stopped there & then, because I can't remember (ha-ha) ever sleepwalking after that experience. & by the way, the fire from the dragon? I was burning up with fever.

my mother also once found me doing the dishes. *raises eyebrow* just for the record; I never clean, I fucking hate it to death & we have a dishwasher. *shakes head*

JoY
02-12-2006, 11:08 AM
I talk in my sleep too, by the way.
one time I was on vacation with Lisa, a supergood friend of mine. at night suddenly she woke up, because she heard me talking. she couldn't really hear what I was saying, because I was just rambling & babbling, but suddenly I screamed "SHUT THE FUCK UP!". hahaha, the next day she told me she was all like, "wha?? what did I do?".

the next night she woke up again & heard me babbling. again, she tried to hear what I said, but not much could be identified as words. at some point she heard me sigh & say "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck".

let me remind you, that I'm Dutch. as Dutch as can be. except on the internet, I don't speak English very often. not that this is in any way impressive English, but I can't figure out why I dream in English so often.

Tizzalicious
02-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Haha, I think in English a lot. And I sometimes say things in English when I shouldn't. I'm fucked up.

I talk in my sleep too. Never anything intersting though, I think.

JoY
02-12-2006, 11:13 AM
when Micha stayed at my place, I seem to have said "hou op, alsjeblieft, stop" (quit it, please, stop) in a begging manner in my sleep. it made him all worried & scared. :( I don't even remember what I dreamed.

I do say stuff in English sometimes, when I can't explain them very well in Dutch. sometimes you get stuck on words in Dutch & in English it flows so much better. it happens. but just.. I remember two, or three dreams in which *everyone* speaks English, including me. just.. a dream completely dreamt in English. weeeird. I also remember dreams in which it totally didn't matter if you spoke English, or Dutch, because either way it'd be understood. HMM.

Preocupado
02-12-2006, 12:03 PM
another time, & I think this was the last time, I dreamed I was being chased by a dragon. I felt the fire from it's mouth- so hot! & I just ran & ran like hell. at some point I wanted to go around the corner in the hall & I slipped & fell with my head against the wall. I was just going too fast. I woke up & it was the very first time I was aware of the fact that I'd been sleepwalking. maybe that's how & why it stopped there & then, because I can't remember (ha-ha) ever sleepwalking after that experience. & by the way, the fire from the dragon? I was burning up with fever.

JoY that's one of the most awesome sleepwalking stories ive ever read. I love it when people can tell what they were dreaming with and relate it to what they did.

JoY
02-12-2006, 12:30 PM
my dreams are always extremely vivid & often extremely weird. there are two sides to it; 1. it can be awfully terrifying in the case of nightmares, 2. in case dreams are nice, or funny, or plain weird, it's actually rather great.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-13-2006, 05:54 AM
I once had an entire text conversation while I was pretty much totally asleep. 2 days later I recieved a phonecall from the person I'd been texting, asking where the hell I was. Turns out I'd arranged to go bowling with her and I didn't remember it.

I'm notorious for talking in my sleep, that's why I don't sleep over at people's houses anymore. I don't mean little murmurs, I mean full-on running commentaries. It gets very annoying. I have a videotape of me quoting some Shakespeare in my sleep somewhere.

Oh! And I have a very weird sense of perception. I always wake up about 3 seconds before something's about to happen - like my alarm going off or someone knocking on my door.