PDA

View Full Version : VH1 special on orange country back in 2001

bouncingcoles
02-11-2006, 08:07 AM
i remember in 2001 i saw a Vh1 special on orange county and dexter and noodles were in it and talked about living there and a big part of the show they talked about dexter holland and how offspring basically put orange country on the map. its cool.

did anyone else see this? im just wondering

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-11-2006, 09:05 AM
In 2001? Wow. You have a good memory. I cant remember one thing I did in 2001..except school, eating and sleeping

Hypodermic_89
02-11-2006, 11:01 AM
only thing I remember about 2001 is when I said "wow, it's 2001"

electric_alexa
02-11-2006, 11:28 AM
i dont rember even what i did two days ago! :D

notoriousdoc
02-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I don't remember when I last said all of you are dumbasses

I don't know
02-11-2006, 11:48 AM
I remember just seeing an interview in the vh1 site of offspring and other bands from orange county talking about orange county and other things( I can't remember what they were talking about). the interview is still on the vh1 site, here's the link http://www.vh1.com/artists/interview/1454946/06032002/offspring.jhtml

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-11-2006, 02:33 PM
I don't remember when I last said all of you are dumbasses

Not long ago enough?

igniton/pyro
02-19-2006, 09:34 AM
In 2001? Wow. You have a good memory. I cant remember one thing I did in 2001..except school, eating and sleeping
dont you remember the twin towers 09.11.01

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-19-2006, 09:40 AM
I guess Hypodermic forgot too.

Drummerguy123
02-19-2006, 09:54 AM
dont you remember the twin towers 09.11.01
But he didn't cause them to fall. He said he didn't remember one thing he did, not what happened.

offspring fan
02-19-2006, 10:00 AM
But he didn't cause them to fall.
how do you now that =P

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-19-2006, 10:42 AM
I remember where I was when it happened though. I was in my gym playing basketball.

DeAtHsTaR
02-19-2006, 10:59 AM
When the towers fell, I was in a store buying some candy on the way to school.

SuperKnux
02-19-2006, 01:48 PM
I remember the special. Infact, I was just thinking about it today for some reason. Out of everything going on in television and rock N' roll books, that special/documentary has so far been the only thing to actually capture how much of a contribution/how great The Offspring have done to not only pop music in general, but Orange Country itself.

While, that program did have several different bands on it, they mostly focused on two of OC's biggest bands, No Doubt and The Offspring. It's so far been the only thing I've ever seen where The Offspring were acknowledged for what they've done. Throughout the one hour special, they kept playing clips/sounds of theirs. (Even like.. ten minutes just talking about "Ignition" and "Smash", while showing concert footage.) I remember even a line before the commercial break, "..Orange County would never been the same again, thanks to a boy named Dexter and a girl named Gwen." It was very neat. It treated Offy with respect, and it was finally cool to see them actually talk for once. The Offspring are rarely on TV doing interviews and VH1 documentarys, so it was really refreshing to see this special.

I only wish they would show it again.

Venom Symbiote
02-19-2006, 02:26 PM
If this thing is online anywhere, you have to point me the fuck in it's general direction. :)

Although limiting the whole development of a "scene" in the OC to The Offspring and No Doubt is pretty freakin' ludicrous, it does sound like a cool special.

We don't get VH1 down here, so yeah.

nameless
02-19-2006, 02:41 PM
i didnt see it! hopefully they will show it again though!

bouncingcoles
02-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I remember the special. Infact, I was just thinking about it today for some reason. Out of everything going on in television and rock N' roll books, that special/documentary has so far been the only thing to actually capture how much of a contribution/how great The Offspring have done to not only pop music in general, but Orange Country itself.

While, that program did have several different bands on it, they mostly focused on two of OC's biggest bands, No Doubt and The Offspring. It's so far been the only thing I've ever seen where The Offspring were acknowledged for what they've done. Throughout the one hour special, they kept playing clips/sounds of theirs. (Even like.. ten minutes just talking about "Ignition" and "Smash", while showing concert footage.) I remember even a line before the commercial break, "..Orange County would never been the same again, thanks to a boy named Dexter and a girl named Gwen." It was very neat. It treated Offy with respect, and it was finally cool to see them actually talk for once. The Offspring are rarely on TV doing interviews and VH1 documentarys, so it was really refreshing to see this special.

I only wish they would show it again.

im glad someone besides me remembers it! ya im suprised they have never shown it since then.