PDA

View Full Version : European summer festival - Rock am Ring 2006

M-Shoxx
02-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Hello everybody!

I just read through Dexter's newest journal entry and was glad to see he responded on the questions people were asking whether Offspring would play on European summer festivals, namely "Rock am Ring" and/or "Rock im Park" which are both located in Germany and take place the first weekend in June 2006.

"Rock am Ring" is held annually and is actually one of the biggest rock music festivals in Europe. If you want, you can check out the current line-up here: http://media.rock-am-ring.com/img/poster/RaR-Poster-2006-03.jpg
This is just for you to get an idea of what's going on there... oh, and sorry if it sounds like advertising, but I'm kind of nervous right now about this whole thing, that's all ;)

Okay now this is really important, so listen up everyone, and most of all the members of The Offspring :D Lately, I was e-mailing the organizers of this event asking just why on earth they haven't been able to set up The Offspring in the past 15 years. I was pounding on the fact that they have deserved a position in the line-up so badly! So I got an answer and they stated that they were seriously trying to get a hold of them. So here goes my appeal:

Dear The Offspring,
You GOTTA avail yourself of the opportunity to PLAY there. YOU would love it and so would WE! Come on, I'm desperately trying to convince you here :D

Hope to see you there,
M-Shoxx

MENTAL_BASSIST
02-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Fuck 'Rock AM Ring' The Offspring deserve to play at europe's BIGGEST rock festival of all-time - Download 2006 at Donnington, UK

M-Shoxx
02-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks for your opinion :rolleyes:
I never doubted The Offspring deserves to play at Download though. This is just a call for them to respond to the offer they are given to play at Rock am Ring, which is really not that much smaller.

Cheers,
M-Shoxx

Ignition of a girl
02-11-2006, 12:46 PM
You're right M-Shoxx!
Dexter&Co should play on Rock am Ring!
It's fantastic and bretty cool!
It's a big festival and you will love it! I'm sure!

offy
02-12-2006, 09:42 AM
I already have tickets for the festival.
I actually did not even dream about The Offspring playing there but all of a sudden I saw their name in the "list of rumors" and everybody is talking about them in their bulletin board.

Does anyone know on which fact this rumor is currently based? If they came there it would be so great man...

It's Europe's biggest rock festival, so why the hell haven't they been there yet...it's never too late, this year it'll hopefully work.

RonWelty
02-12-2006, 10:38 AM
they will play on the really big festival in EUROPE - ROCK IN RIO 2006 LISBOA :D ...

-=xanathos=-
02-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Rock am ring is great, but it still is no match for "Lowlands" (NL) or "Pukkelpop" (BE)

Sin Studly
02-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Once again, the band does NOT, I repeat NOT reply in here (or at least never has so far).

Gormless molluscs.

Rutegard
02-12-2006, 12:40 PM
they will play on the really big festival in EUROPE - ROCK IN RIO 2006 LISBOA :D ...

how do you know that?...

Rutegard
02-12-2006, 12:42 PM
You're right M-Shoxx!
Dexter&Co should play on Rock am Ring!
It's fantastic and bretty cool!
It's a big festival and you will love it! I'm sure!

I live in Germany, and that's the worst thing ever! I meen, when came Offspring to Germany????

yeah i understand you.....but try to imagine portugal eheh ;)

offy
02-13-2006, 09:10 AM
I live in Germany, and that's the worst thing ever! I meen, when came Offspring to Germany????

Actually Offspring plays annually in Germany. Last year I've been to one of their concerts (they played 4 in GER and some others in Svizzerland and Austria), the year before they visited even more places. I cannot complain actually...

But Rock am Ring...that'd be so frickin great!

offspringjon
02-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Offspring should go to Reading. They've been at least 4 times in thier history. I personally don't think they would play Download as the crowd is a bit too .. how to put it... heavy?

MENTAL_BASSIST
02-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Offspring should go to Reading. They've been at least 4 times in thier history. I personally don't think they would play Download as the crowd is a bit too .. how to put it... heavy?
So your saying that Feeder can headline Download but Offspring cant play!?

el_monkey
02-13-2006, 12:40 PM
they should play together with metallica, who are also playing @ RIP/RAR
korn, deftones and tool will also be there

...I got tickets :D :D

offy
02-13-2006, 01:55 PM
It is mentioned that they play on alternate-head.
That would be gread because Depeche Mode sucks so bad and I do need an alternative to them on Friday ;)

Oh and someone asked Marek (Rock am Ring's producer) why the hell Offspring hasn't played there yet. The answer was that they've been trying to make them play there for years but somehow it never worked out. Let's hope for it'll do this time.

el_monkey
02-13-2006, 02:15 PM
wie sicher sind offspring denn jetzt dabei?

RobinoZombie
02-13-2006, 02:20 PM
good idea...
rar is cool:)

offy
02-14-2006, 09:45 AM
wie sicher sind offspring denn jetzt dabei?

No one knows for sure that's why I'd like to get the information on which the rumor is based. The only thing I know is that they appeared in the "rumor list".

RonWelty
02-15-2006, 04:49 PM

i think OFFSPRING were invited to be the head of the day when XUTOS E PONTAPES play in ROCK IN RIO 2006 LISBOA

Dmarques
02-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Portugal what?!
Yeah
Offspring in ROCK IN RIO Lisboa 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100 000 people singing Self esteem!! Imagine...

RonWelty
02-17-2006, 06:04 AM
Portugal what?!
Yeah
Offspring in ROCK IN RIO Lisboa 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100 000 people singing Self esteem!! Imagine...
or 100 000 girls singing : Pretty fly for a white guy LOOOL :D

offy
03-01-2006, 07:36 AM
Yesterday 20 new bands were confirmed for the current line-up...Offspring was not one of them. But they're still listed in "rumor bands". Never stop hoping.