PDA

View Full Version : Australia Needs Culture

Sin Studly
02-11-2006, 10:25 AM
You see, in Australia we only have pale imitation bands. AC/DC, Silverchair, other ones that aren't worth remembering. A pity our folk music is being replaced with this.

What we need, is the Offspring. Please, save us from ourselves! (And from that Bitch Mary Donaldson.)

Corrosion
02-17-2006, 04:52 AM
AC/DC...Silverchair...pale Imitations? What the fuck are you smoking. Those two are terrific bands. Other great Australian bands are The Living End, Grinspoon and Powderfinger. Also, Midnight Oil, Skyhooks and Split Enz were terrific.

I agree about Mary Donaldson though.

Edit: Also, can't wait for Offspring to come back to Brisbane. I was there for the Splinter tour, and that show was amazing. I still remember Dexter Holland saying "Justin Timberlake is a motherfucker" because Justin Timberlake was at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on the same night. However, I thought Riverstage was a better venue for an Offspring concert.

Izie
02-17-2006, 03:18 PM
How did I miss this?

wazzup22
02-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Edit: Also, can't wait for Offspring to come back to Brisbane. I was there for the Splinter tour, and that show was amazing. I still remember Dexter Holland saying "Justin Timberlake is a motherfucker" because Justin Timberlake was at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on the same night. However, I thought Riverstage was a better venue for an Offspring concert.

Yes, I was there..... Good Times :D Can't wait to see Offspring again.

wheelchairman
02-17-2006, 08:30 PM
This is an awesome thread. Mainly for the replies.

Cthulhu
02-17-2006, 09:37 PM
AC/DC and silverchair are great. I think Australia has heaps of great bands, though i must admit a lot of ours are doing a lot of emo kinda shit, at least around my area which isn't too good.

Telekinesis
02-17-2006, 10:13 PM
I agree about Mary Donaldson, fuck I'm so sick of her. There are some great Aussie bands though like The Living End,The Vines (listening to 'em now),Tripod, I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I like the best, there is some pretty shitty music from here to though *cough* Anthony Callea *cough*

neocon58
02-18-2006, 12:15 AM
How dare you start posting again.

wheelchairman
02-18-2006, 03:23 PM
You people are dumb as shit to take this thread seriously.