PDA

View Full Version : A.F.I. (A Fire Inside)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

JohnnyNemesis
10-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah, offspringing should die. I'll start deleting posts from him and others who respond if this gets out of hand.

JohnnyNemesis
10-02-2006, 10:04 PM
The SAT talk and other off topic stuff ends with this PM I just received, titled "lol":

i should die wow your such a loser what do you do for a living stay on offspring forums and act like your a god becuase tou have a 10000 post lol i hope you die and once i do find out i will be happier and i know everyone else will to fuck off fag

What a fucktard.

Off-topic posts from here on out are gonna be deleted to be fair.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 10:08 PM
any way seeing how basicly almost all of the people on this thread are inferior
to me then ill just dumb it down. What I was saying before was that davey has said that he's not gay. He has been with many women. and for the next single they have been talking about kill caustic but then they have also been talking about another cd so i don't know what there gonna do. Also a lot of people have been saying that the actor who played miss murder was davey's girlfriend but i don't beleave so.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 10:10 PM
The SAT talk and other off topic stuff ends with this PM I just received, titled "lol":

What a fucktard.

Off-topic posts from here on out are gonna be deleted to be fair.

wow bro your so cool i sent that so i wouldnt post anymore about that topic but yet you go on about it i really how you get banded it would be nice now back to topic oh and if you want to talk to me about that my sn is there

0r4ng3
10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
I want to get back on topic as much as anyone else, but just one more thing.

Punctuation. Seriously. My brain hurts. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, I'm just making a suggestion.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I ussaly use them; but not when I want to write it out fast.

Endymion
10-02-2006, 10:17 PM
to jump on the whole gay bandwagon, when i met davey back whenever i went to that tiger army show (spring '02?), he had a lady-friend with him. might have been a beard though.

ninthlayer
10-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Kill Caustic is a fucking horrendous song. Horrendous like offspringing's thinly veiled homosexuality.

Missing Frame plz.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 10:33 PM
lol wow! Don't you understand the rule of staying on topic, i guess not. if you have anything to say to; I.M. me ill talk to you there and is anyone else in the despair faction. also i don't know if you noticed but they also released a few songs that were just given out when you pre ordered the album on itunes.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Don't Change

Fallen Like The Sky

Jack The Ripper

On The Arrow

thats all i know

T-6005
10-02-2006, 10:48 PM
no he doesn't know what he's talking about, if you get over a 1000 thats good. if you can't get over a 1000 then your retarded.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. I got a 1400 on the old SAT.

EDIT - I suppose this is only letting it get more out of hand. Didn't read through the rest of the replies first.

Llamas
10-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh and my score was 1920
My school requires a 1260 or higher on solely the math and verbal. Our average SAT math score for 2006 was 765. So I'd like to see YOU get in HERE. Oh, and we're the number ONE school in the US in biological research and chemical engineering, number 2 in electrical engineering, and number 3 in business.

and in the good ol' midwest, we take the ACT (usually instead of the SAT), which is out of 36... I got a 32... the national average is around 24.

Degrees in physics and computer science aren't that impressive when you go to a school that doesn't excell in technology.

Anyway, I think that Davey is gay and is ashamed for some reason... which is strange because of the popularity of gay emos these days. If he's not gay, he should be. And ninth, your opinion doesn't matter. Kill Caustic owns you.

Endymion
10-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Degrees in physics and computer science aren't that impressive when you go to a school that doesn't excell in technology.

i do theory? i'm not interested in application.

Llamas
10-02-2006, 11:56 PM
huh? you've lost me. You do theory? are you using theory as a noun, as in you physically do theory... or are you asking about some sort of "you-do" theory? Sorry, I'm confused. :(

Endymion
10-03-2006, 12:06 AM
huh? you've lost me. You do theory? are you using theory as a noun, as in you physically do theory... or are you asking about some sort of "you-do" theory? Sorry, I'm confused. :(

i mean i focus on theoretical and computational physics (among other vaguely related fields), why would how well my school excels at technological achievements matter?

Llamas
10-03-2006, 12:14 AM
oh, by technology, I meant an institute of technology (which is what, atleast at most schools I've looked at, call the department that things like comp sci and physics are under). I also wasn't saying at all that your degree isn't respectable. I was just saying that it doesn't give you the right to go about bragging about how smart you are. There are only, like, two majors that I think give a person the right to think people will shit their pants, and only if they go to certain schools... plus, other factors go into it, like what grades you've gotten and what accomplishments you have.

Basically, just saying that offspringing has no grounds to be like "omg my major is so hard and I'm so much better than you because I'm majoring in physics and comp sci".

Also, he PMed me and told me he's majoring in pre-med. I loled.

Endymion
10-03-2006, 12:18 AM
i didn't mean to come off as pumping myself up. i wasn't trying to say that i was better than everyone else, just that offspringing is an idiot for thinking that he's the most educated and by and far the most superior person on the board.

Llamas
10-03-2006, 12:23 AM
I didn't take it as you bragging or anything... I thought you were just offended. And you're right. He PMed me and asked what my major was... he really thinks that a major is a sign of intelligence. I think that every major depends on the individual brain, and also what you make of it. I know people who do the bare minimum in aerospace engineering and slack off and smoke pot all day, who are about to finish their degrees, and people in the journalism school or school of music who work their asses off to get by... I also know someone who is double majoring in biochemistry and bassoon performance, who swears that her music degree is far harder than her biochemistry degree. I just think it's ridiculous when people are like this guy.

offspringing
10-03-2006, 12:36 AM
i didn't mean to come off as pumping myself up. i wasn't trying to say that i was better than everyone else, just that offspringing is an idiot for thinking that he's the most educated and by and far the most superior person on the board.

im sorry about that most of the time my room mate was tpyeing shit. i dont think im better then anyone and im sorry about that im trying to fix everything now i am sorry about that and i dont think im the most educated nor the the most superior person on the bored im sorry

Llamas
10-03-2006, 12:39 AM
offspringing realizes his loss, and starts trying to come up with excuses for himself... hahaha. oh well, atleast he realizes his losses, amirite?

offspringing
10-03-2006, 12:45 AM
no you can tink what you want if you look im like never on this website ever i hardly post buddy. i have what 200 post, yeah and ive been on this bbs since the beg so bleave what you want i didnt win nor lose at anything

Llamas
10-03-2006, 12:48 AM
what does how often you post here have to do with anything?

offspringing
10-03-2006, 12:50 AM
beacause not like you, I don't post a lot. I only post to learn about offspring related stuff or afi sometimes. I ussaly don't ever post in off topic and if I do I only do a few post. But before I got mad because they kept saying that davey is gay; i know hes not gay at all.
Also, I just looked and i posted in the rap section. I HATE rap.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-03-2006, 12:56 AM

And this proves what exactly? That you're a douche who shits in other people's threads when they're not specifically interesting to you?

offspringing
10-03-2006, 12:59 AM
And this proves what exactly? That you're a douche who shits in other people's threads when they're not specifically interesting to you?

what? lol it proves that i didn't post there. no im not a "douche who shits in other's threads" i just like to tlak about stuff that i like sometimes. Also i dont really care if anyone is interested in me. I just wanted to talk about A.F.I

XYlophonetreeZ
10-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Why did you post in the rap thread?

offspringing
10-03-2006, 01:02 AM
I didn't. my roomi did.

offspringing
10-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Any way just to get on topic, Davey and Jade have a side project. But you prob won't like it, unless you like stuff like love like winter.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Also, I just looked and i posted in the rap section. I HATE rap.Are "I" and "I" supposed to be the same person?

offspringing
10-03-2006, 01:05 AM
sorry I was going to put it in quotes, and I was refuring to my account name.

Llamas
10-03-2006, 01:15 AM
beacause not like you, I don't post a lot. I only post to learn about offspring related stuff or afi sometimes. I ussaly don't ever post in off topic and if I do I only do a few post. But before I got mad because they kept saying that davey is gay; i know hes not gay at all.

I'd think that if your roommate was an english major, you'd learn a few things from him...

and if your roommate likes to frequently post under your account, maybe you should change your freaking password if you don't want to be hated so badly. That might be a step.

offspringing
10-03-2006, 01:18 AM
No it's not like he knows my password, I just had the screen up and when I went out to do stuff he just did it. He just thinks it's funny to do that stuff. Also I learn a lot from him. Beleave me; if you saw how I use to write lol.

Llamas
10-03-2006, 01:29 AM
So, if he only posted this one time, because you left your screen open, then why did we see this post over 12 hours ago?

you fuck fag your self i fucking hate you and hope you die i fucking know this shit for a fact you ass hole how dare you go around calling people names i bet your the fucking cock sucker your self fucking faggot burn in hell i hope you get seleted i sure as hell would delet you off this bored fucking fag die

Either you posted that shit, or you're retarded and left your screen open twice in one day for your roommate to start shit with. And I still don't believe you.

ninthlayer
10-03-2006, 03:10 AM
Nice TPKYL defense.

On topic:
Kill Caustic sucks (mainly because it's the most generic shit on the album) and you can fucking blow me llamas.

I fucking destroyed and I type/edit better than offspringfaging.

Llamas
10-03-2006, 03:25 AM
yeah well you're generic shit. take THAT! buuuuuuuuuuuuuurn.

ninthlayer
10-03-2006, 03:30 AM
No, I have superior tastes in music. I'm listening to a black artist right now, white bread.

offspringing
10-03-2006, 06:00 AM
So, if he only posted this one time, because you left your screen open, then why did we see this post over 12 hours ago?

Either you posted that shit, or you're retarded and left your screen open twice in one day for your roommate to start shit with. And I still don't believe you.

No, i've already said that I did do some posting.

Nice TPKYL defense.

On topic:
Kill Caustic sucks (mainly because it's the most generic shit on the album) and you can fucking blow me llamas.

I fucking destroyed and I type/edit better than offspringfaging.

Ok. lol

I fucking destroyed and i type/edit better than offspringfaging

buddy go back to high school, you have an incomplete sentence. You fucking destroyed what? and it should go I fucking destryed(which your not tell us what you destryed) and I can type and edit better than offspringfaging.
or, my typing and editing skills are superior to offspringfaging.
or, well I don't want to bore you. but you can reword you lame ass sentence a million time. What you wrote makes you look stupid.

No, I have superior tastes in music. I'm listening to a black artist right now, white bread.

I also hope you die, and it's taste, you dont make it plural. You sound like an idiot, when you say that. say it to your self before you type it.

ninthlayer
10-03-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm destroyed, as in intoxicated. Whoops.

JohnnyNemesis
10-03-2006, 12:23 PM
*sigh* This thread is effing hopeless.

ninthlayer
10-03-2006, 12:24 PM
What was it you once said Johnny? Let's go back into the cave until there's less faggy AFI fans?
/edit/edit/edit weren't you going to delete the offtopic stuff? l2mod, negro. <3<3<3

offspringing
10-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Did any one else hear about A.F.I.'s new video, you can be a part of it.

http://consumer.umusic.com/afisweeps/

HeadAroundU
10-03-2006, 02:15 PM
yeah well you're generic shit. take THAT! buuuuuuuuuuuuuurn.
He is right. It's generic but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's just a good song with catchy riffs which is fun to play live. Even "Miss Murder" is a better song and compared to "Endlessly, she said" it's nothing.

llama, you are as stubborn as a mule. :)

Endymion
10-03-2006, 02:17 PM
this guy is as close to tpkyl i've ever seen. say, was your father killed in the line of duty? ever get pissed and yell when preppy girls call you emo?

Llamas
10-03-2006, 03:31 PM

uh no, listening to black artists is a no no!

buddy go back to high school, you have an incomplete sentence. You fucking destroyed what? and it should go I fucking destryed(which your not tell us what you destryed) and I can type and edit better than offspringfaging.
or, my typing and editing skills are superior to offspringfaging.
or, well I don't want to bore you. but you can reword you lame ass sentence a million time. What you wrote makes you look stupid. actually, his sentence made fine sense to me, minus the destroyed part. "I type/edit better than offspringfaging" made perfect sense. Slashes are acceptable replacements for "and"s, and there's no need for "can". You are suddenly trying wayyyyyy too hard to be liked, especially by suddenly trying to type properly (which you still fail at, even when trying to correct someone else's grammar). You missed capitalization several times, you started sentences with "and", you spelled "destroyed" wrong, your second example of how ninth could make his sentence better was grammatically incorrect (typing and editing skills are under possession, so it should say "superior to offspringfaging's"), you have an incomplete sentence (but you can reword you lame ass sentence a million time), oh and the "you" and "time" in that sentence. Point being, you said that what he wrote made him look stupid... this post you just made has been the cleanest you've made this far, and it still makes you look stupid. Down, puppy.

I also hope you die, and it's taste, you dont make it plural. You sound like an idiot, when you say that. say it to your self before you type it.

See my above comments. Maybe you sould say things to yourself before you type them.

I'm destroyed, as in intoxicated. Whoops.

lolz @ tha "i m soooo drnk!!1!!" excuse.

He is right. It's generic but that doesn't mean it's bad. It's just a good song with catchy riffs which is fun to play live. Even "Miss Murder" is a better song and compared to "Endlessly, she said" it's nothing.

llama, you are as stubborn as a mule. :)

I'm stubborn because I like Kill Caustic? Hmm, I'm probably not going to change my opinion on on a song just because people disagree with me. It happens to be the only song on the album that I like. I don't really think any of the songs on the album take much talent or are particularly great.

And atleast I didn't post a picture of my chest and call myself hot.

0r4ng3
10-03-2006, 03:34 PM
So, it's wrong that I like Miss Murder? Or should I have not typed that out loud?

Llamas
10-03-2006, 03:40 PM
you are so stubborn! god, you should change your opinion! obviously miss murder sucks!!!

However, your avatar is the cheat, so I guess you win...

ninthlayer
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
lolz @ tha "i m soooo drnk!!1!!" excuse.
It's no excuse, it was actually the point of the post in question. It became funny when I neglected to put the 'm in and kind of butthurt the statement of being able to type/edit better than offspringfaging.

Back on fucking topic:
I really like scrubby AFI fans that try to read into the album/songs and come up with conclusions like "ZOMG, I TINK AFI IZ BRAKING^ ON 12/21!"

Llamas
10-03-2006, 03:52 PM
haha I haven't heard that one... just the "omg 12/21 is the first day of winter/the day the world will end" stuff that was in this thread. but not nearly as hilariously sad as ATOM = MOTA.

black_leather-jacket
10-03-2006, 03:55 PM
I use to be really into afi but after Decemberunderground i got out of them.

HeadAroundU
10-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Kill Caustic is the best song on the album.
It's perfectly fine that KC is your favourite song but don't ever say what's the best song from the album you hate or don't like. You are so fucking prejudiced. And you look like a musical bigot.

I don't really think any of the songs on the album take much talent or are particularly great.
Really!? that's because you are so fucking prejudiced. heh, you must be the guitar genius to make a Kill caustic. Endlessly, she said guitar work is far superior and you needn't to be a fucking genius to see it. Everything about Endlessly, she said is far superior and you need a huge talent to make such a song.

Llamas
10-03-2006, 06:36 PM
It's perfectly fine that KC is your favourite song but don't ever say what's the best song from the album you hate or don't like. You are so fucking prejudiced. And you look like a musical bigot.

Really!? that's because you are so fucking prejudiced. heh, you must be the guitar genius to make a Kill caustic. Endlessly, she said guitar work is far superior and you needn't to be a fucking genius to see it. Everything about Endlessly, she said is far superior and you need a huge talent to make such a song.

You seem to be the only person here who can't take opinion, or sarcasm. Don't ever say what's the best song from the album you hate or don't like? I didn't really understand that sentence, but if it's what I think it is, I have every right to tell people that I disagree that something is the best on the album. How am I prejudice? Are you saying I'm prejudice against AFI? I can't be prejudice against AFI, as I've been a fan of theirs since 1999.

No, I'm not a guitar genius. Endlessly she said does have trickier guitar work than KC, but it's still not particularly impressive in comparison to a LOT of other bands. Anyway, this is lame. And down.

offspringing
10-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Kill Caustic is the only song on the whole album that doesn't use any electronic shit. Every song has a fucking drum machine in it, it makes it sound really pop.

Endymion
10-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Kill Caustic is the only song on the whole album that doesn't use any electronic shit. Every song has a fucking drum machine in it, it makes it sound really pop.

yeah, because drum machine = pop.

Llamas
10-03-2006, 11:47 PM

It is the only song that doesn't use any electronic stuff. That has nothing to do with why I like it. I just think it's the only one that's not faggy/emo. I don't think Davey has a good singing voice... I think it only works with the heavy stuff, or when he sings really low (like morningstar or the leaving song). I think the electronic stuff on the cd sometimes gets pretty cheesy, but it's not like they haven't used electronic sounds before.

0r4ng3
10-04-2006, 11:35 AM
What about Affliction? They're practically interchangeable.

Llamas
10-04-2006, 01:51 PM
weird thing is, I love KC, but I find Affliction to be extremely boring/generic.

JohnnyNemesis
10-04-2006, 04:42 PM
They're not interchangeable. Kill Caustic is an amazing song, while Affliction is average.

Interchangeable = The Killing Lights and the rest of generic alternarock radio, lol(z).

0r4ng3
10-04-2006, 04:52 PM
The Killing Lights was the first song I liked from it. :(

But, yeah, my favorite is 37mm now.

Llamas
10-04-2006, 05:16 PM
They're not interchangeable. Kill Caustic is an amazing song, while Affliction is average.

Interchangeable = The Killing Lights and the rest of generic alternarock radio, lol(z).

atleast SOMEone agrees with me. :)

coke_a_holic
10-04-2006, 05:18 PM
The cd was old after like a month, I haven't listened to a single song since July. The cd as a whole just wasn't that great or memorable.

0r4ng3
11-05-2006, 09:37 PM
According to their Wikipedia page, the next single's gonna be The Missing Frame, to be released in January.

Ninty Man
11-05-2006, 09:58 PM
I like all December underground except... The interview.

Killing Lights it's great. And the track 13 it's fucking awesome

Venom Symbiote
11-06-2006, 02:51 PM
"Kill Caustic" was a kickass classic Black Sails/Art Of Drowning-era sounding song.

I also like "Endlessly, She Said", even though it's one of the emo ones.

Also the 10 second screamy bit in "Miss Murder".

Aside from that, the album is a goddamn embarassment. What the hell happened to these guys, huh? Le sigh. They used to be good.

Shit, I still can't believe AFI are filling 50, 000 people convention center venues for their gigs now. That just boggles the mind. I don't want to use the term "sellout", I don't give a shit about that kind of stuff, but yeah...

It's insane.

Apathy
11-06-2006, 04:14 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i178/mrs__havok/Davey%20Havok/bioside9sl.png

This picture makes me giggle. It's a manly giggle though.

Llamas
11-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Davey gets uglier/grosser by the day, I swear.

HeadAroundU
11-07-2006, 06:52 AM
But still better make-up than Maria.

The missing frame is not a surprise for me.

HeadAroundU
11-07-2006, 07:06 AM
But you can't deny that it's orgasmic.

The cd was old after like a month, I haven't listened to a single song since July. The cd as a whole just wasn't that great or memorable.
I can agree on that to some extent. DU is a bunch of songs taken out of everywhere. STS pwns DU at being compact but some DU songs are insanely awesome.

I wonder how the next album will look like.

bouncingcoles
11-07-2006, 07:35 AM
I used to love AFI. not so much anymore. There new material in my opinion is garbage. Iv seen them 3 times and everytime i havent been very impressed. The most recent time i saw them they played practically the entire new album which i was not happy about. I mean there is nothing wrong with promoting your new album but they never leave time to play some older material such as from black sails in the sunset. They now how look cool on stage but thats about it.

bouncingcoles
11-07-2006, 07:39 AM

i completely agree

0r4ng3
11-07-2006, 07:58 AM
I agree with HAU. The CD as a whole isn't that great, but it has some amazing songs.

Llamas
11-07-2006, 01:21 PM
But still better make-up than Maria.

The missing frame is not a surprise for me.

that was harsh, yet funny. :)

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
11-07-2006, 02:29 PM
My opinion of this album has changed dramatcially. I too find it to be pretty boring as a whole. I don't think I like the direction they've taken. When my girlfriend and I saw them live, they pretty much played nothing but STS and DU songs. There was 1 Art of Drowning song, 1 All Hallows, 1 Black Sails, and 1 Shut Your Mouth.....everything else, STS or DU. Lame. When I saw them the first time, when STS came out (I've been a fan for longer, but this was my first opportunity to see them live), their set was alot more varied. They played about an equal amount of songs from all their albums aside from the first three where they only played one from Shut Your Mouth and one from Very Proud of Ya. That show was awesome.

But yeah...I think a few songs on DU are pretty cool, but as whole, I'm really bored with the album. That's never happened to me with an AFI cd before, either.

nameless
11-07-2006, 03:41 PM
i like them but their last album wasnt very good!

Idiot
11-07-2006, 03:57 PM
At first, I only really got into them because of STS. Then I got into Black Sails In The Sunset and The Art Of Drowning for a bit. I didn't really like their stuff before that, but eventually I changed my mind and don't mind some of their older songs.

But I really like December Underground, that and STS are two of my favourite albums out of all my music.

Ninty Man
11-07-2006, 08:27 PM
At first, I only really got into them because of STS. Then I got into Black Sails In The Sunset and The Art Of Drowning for a bit. I didn't really like their stuff before that, but eventually I changed my mind and don't mind some of their older songs.

But I really like December Underground, that and STS are two of my favourite albums out of all my music.

I second this

0r4ng3
11-07-2006, 08:31 PM
I actually like how there's no common opinion about which AFI cds are bad and which ones are good. You have almost equal amounts of fans of from each album. Unlike, say, The Offspring, where everyone has the same general idea about which albums are the best.

Venom Symbiote
11-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Disagreed.

AFI fans are still pretty polarised. You've got the hardcore "punkers" who will only listen to everything before Black Sails, you're got the opposite younger kids who only like Sing The Sorrow and Decemberunderground, and you have the kind of people who own all or most of their albums and tend to see Art Of Drowning as their best effort.

I guess I fit into the latter category, although I really like Black Sails, too. Not a huge fan of their earlier work (it was ok, just pretty generic), and their newfound wussy factor and fashion statement kind of bothers me. I'm kind of a '99/'00 era fan, and I still think most of the people who have been with the band a long time see that as their peak.

Llamas
11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Disagreed.

AFI fans are still pretty polarised. You've got the hardcore "punkers" who will only listen to everything before Black Sails, you're got the opposite younger kids who only like Sing The Sorrow and Decemberunderground, and you have the kind of people who own all or most of their albums and tend to see Art Of Drowning as their best effort.

I guess I fit into the latter category, although I really like Black Sails, too. Not a huge fan of their earlier work (it was ok, just pretty generic), and their newfound wussy factor and fashion statemind kind of bothers me. I'm kind of a '99/'00 era fan, and I still think most of the people who have been with the band a long time see that as their peak.

I very much agree with this. All of it.

HeadAroundU
11-08-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm special!
All albums downloaded. I listen the last 4 albums only. STS is the best album.

Apathy
11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Eh, I'm special too.

I have maybe three or four of their albums.

I really love all the songs on the Compilation that Nitro made, and I dislike pretty much everything else they've released.

Total_immortal
11-08-2006, 04:56 PM

i love all of their albums (except decemberunderground) and i like black sails in the sunset as much as answer that and stay fashionable and sing the sorrow so i guess i don't fit in any of those types of fans xP

Venom Symbiote
11-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Then again, you're Argentinian.

Ninty Man
11-08-2006, 09:35 PM

You're Australian... part of a community who dies killed by strange fishes and love cocodriles

Anya82
11-09-2006, 01:03 AM
i don't know if someone has already mentioned this -and i'm too lazy to read all the posts-, but... AFI is gonna be at the "91x nightmare before Xmas" show with My Chemical Romance and Taking Back Sunday next December 10th, at the San Diego Sports Arena. Is anyone in here gonna be there?

Total_immortal
11-09-2006, 04:54 PM

....and....?

cool 2 hate 681
11-09-2006, 08:36 PM
i don't know if someone has already mentioned this -and i'm too lazy to read all the posts-, but... AFI is gonna be at the "91x nightmare before Xmas" show with My Chemical Romance and Taking Back Sunday next December 10th, at the San Diego Sports Arena. Is anyone in here gonna be there?

i am and it will be my first time seeing afi live

pretty_fly_white_guy858
11-09-2006, 10:45 PM
AFI is amazing live.

Dr Appetite
11-09-2006, 11:31 PM
AFI Is gay.

Venom Symbiote
11-10-2006, 03:14 AM
They pretty much are, but so is jo mommah. Ho ho ho tee hee hee.

Placebo14
11-10-2006, 05:21 AM
I was very dissapointed with Decemberunderground.
I've been a fan for a long time and I love STS, BSITS and Art of Drowning and a tiny bit of their older stuff. Art of Drowning is my favourite album and I think it's their best effort.

Anyway, Im going to see them live on Sunday, hopefully they'll be pretty good because I've waited a long time for them to come to perth.

Placebo14
11-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Just saw them live in Perth.

They were fucking awesome.
It was good because they played lots of STS songs and only a few decemberunderground songs.

Bleed Black and Death Of Seasons was awesome and probaly the stand out songs.

Dr Appetite
11-12-2006, 04:46 PM
They pretty much are, but so is jo mommah. Ho ho ho tee hee hee.

Did you make that up all by yourself???

Good for you.

Venom Symbiote
11-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Glad to see you thought I was being serious.

Whore.

Dr Appetite
11-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey now, I was just boosting your confidence, no need for name calling.

Anya82
11-13-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm not a fan, and I admit i don't know much about them nor their music, but as far as i've heard, i like their songs.

Venom Symbiote
11-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Stay away from them, Anya. They're emo now.

They've ditched us.

HeadAroundU
11-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Go to eat crows, cowboy.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-13-2006, 03:55 PM

They've ditched us.
Who's "us"? Punks?

Venom Symbiote
11-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Heh, God no. I'm not punk.

I meant normal people. You know, ones not wearing their hair in a ridiculous manner to gain attention and whining about nothing significant? The normal people without a weird inexplicable bunny fetish?

XYlophonetreeZ
11-13-2006, 04:55 PM
I am quite confident in stating my lack of bunny fetishism. But I still enjoy their new music more so than their old music.

Venom Symbiote
11-13-2006, 05:09 PM
New as in STS onwards?

Then you be wrong, buddy, you be wrong indeed. *nods*

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2006, 05:19 PM
The statement "I enjoy..." can't be wrong.

Venom Symbiote
11-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Shoosh. Maybe "deplorable" is a better word for the fact he enjoys the two latest albums.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-13-2006, 05:27 PM
As opposed to "elitist"?

JohnnyNemesis
11-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Deplorable > Elitist, and I honestly mean that.

Llamas
11-13-2006, 05:33 PM
whining about nothing significant?

That describes you quite well... :-/

And STS is my 3rd favorite LP of theirs.

Venom Symbiote
11-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah, but I'm not emo. I have a right. :D

STS had some decent tracks (the softer stuff towards the end is great), but Decemberunderground is pretty horrible aside from two songs.

The Art Of Drowning is their high-point, any AFI fan can see that. Elitist I may be, but meh.

Llamas
11-13-2006, 06:00 PM
The Art Of Drowning is their high-point, any AFI fan can see that.
I hate that attitude. I think that that album rocked, but black sails was the high point... art was my favorite before I heard STS and realized the turn art took toward the downhill slide.

Next time just say "The Art of Drowing is their high-point". There is no reason to add the rest on there. It's just rude and annoying. It doesn't make anyone change his or her mind, and it doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.

Venom Symbiote
11-13-2006, 06:14 PM
I'd swap the term "rude" for "colourful".

Jeez, and people chastise me for being negative. ;)

Llamas
11-13-2006, 06:17 PM
The comment I was responding to was rather negative. Indirect way of saying "if you disagree with that statement, you're not a real fan".

JoY
11-13-2006, 07:09 PM
oh man.. it's even all over this topic. *slaps forehead* I had no idea it was this bad.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-13-2006, 07:24 PM
I'd swap the term "rude" for "colourful".

Jeez, and people chastise me for being negative. ;)
No matter how many euphemisms and winky smilies you use, and no matter how many times you say "OK, maybe I am elitist," it doesn't make you any less of a dick.

Placebo14
11-14-2006, 02:07 AM

They've ditched us.

They're not emo you dickhead.

Venom Symbiote
11-14-2006, 02:58 AM
Oh, please. I've seen less makeup on Dame Edna.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
11-14-2006, 06:41 AM
Oh, please. I've seen less makeup on Dame Edna.

Makeup does not equal emo.

Fags, maybe. Trannies, maybe. But not emo.

HeadAroundU
11-14-2006, 07:29 AM
Oh man, venom, stop being so arrogant and sarcastic and start to esteem your words. Obvioulsly, everybody is against you, something's wrong. Don't you think?

Ninty Man
11-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Oh man, venom, stop being so arrogant and sarcastic and start to esteem your words. Obvioulsly, everybody is against you, something's wrong. Don't you think?

that he's a cool asshole :eek:

JohnnyNemesis
11-15-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm still not sure why people take Venom seriously, though I've been guilty of doing the same in the past. A quick "You're an idiot" and he gets the dismissal he deserves.

HeadAroundU
11-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Because he is not dumb. Plus, he is funny. He is doing really mixed reactions.

I like him but when I'm arguing with him I'm not taking him seriously.

Venom Symbiote
11-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I'll just ignore all the bullshit here.

Post-2003 AFI are an emo band. Deal with it. I'm not making a judgement call on whether that makes them fucking cockhead toolboxes, or whether it's perfectly OK.

Just stating that 2003 was the Year of the Emo for this band, and it's still going strong. I mean, look at Jade. Listen to Davey talk. Look at their new demographic.

Emo emo kermit-the-frog-raping emo.

Llamas
11-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Post-2003 AFI are an emo band. Deal with it. I'm not making a judgement call on whether that makes them fucking cockhead toolboxes, or whether it's perfectly OK.
If by "post 2003", you mean "decemberunderground", then I agree. I think they are emo now, but as with most genres, everyone has a different opinion on how to define it.

Just stating that 2003 was the Year of the Emo for this band, and it's still going strong. I mean, look at Jade. Listen to Davey talk. Look at their new demographic.

Emo emo kermit-the-frog-raping emo.

This is where we differ on opinion... I consider them emo for their MUSIC, and you seem to be considering them so for their LOOK. Their look doesn't strike me as emo... it strikes me as faggyhomo. Their lyrics and musical content sound very emo on decemberunderground, though.

0r4ng3
11-16-2006, 04:12 PM
I could go on for hours about the definition of "emo" (blah blah first wave blah blah fugazi and rites of srping blah blah), but many have already given up that argument. So I'll just say that yes, AFI fit into that category that most consider "emo" nowadays.

Even if it's not really emo.

Llamas
11-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I could go on for hours about the definition of "emo" (blah blah first wave blah blah fugazi and rites of srping blah blah), but many have already given up that argument. So I'll just say that yes, AFI fit into that category that most consider "emo" nowadays.

Even if it's not really emo.

That argument gets tired... every genre of music goes through HUGE alterations. What we call "country" is nothing like the country that was first created. People falsely label a lot of music as "classical", even though the classical era ended ages ago... but if it sounds anything like "classical", that's what people call it. Hell, even what we call "jazz" now is nothing like the jazz of the 30s. If people from then heard what we call "jazz" now, they would laugh and probably scream at us. There's not a single musical genre whose definition hasn't changed DRASTICALLY over time. The emo we have today is not the emo that was around in the 80s... but the definition of emo has changed, just like the definitions of almost every other musical genre... I prefer just to not classify music. :)

HeadAroundU
11-16-2006, 07:53 PM
ok, here we go:

STS:
-Punk Revival
-Punk-Pop
-Alternative Pop/ Rock
-Hardcore Punk
-Emo
-Goth Rock

DU:
-Alternative Pop/ Rock
-Punk Revival
-Emo
-Goth Rock
-New Wave
-Hardcore Punk

venom, they are emo, partially.

Llamas
11-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Strange... I don't see STS being more emo than "art of drowning" or "black sails". Hell, "The Art of Drowning" is every bit as emo of a title as "Sing the Sorrow". The songs are equally emo, too.

coke_a_holic
11-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah, but it's basically all about the vocal style for these kids; that's what most people pay attention to in music. Except for a few songs on STS, the entirety of it is sang with an undistorted, clean voice, whereas AOD is sang with a very distorted and guttural vocal style, giving it a more hxcpunkRAWK sound. I don't have a preference, both sound fine to me, but that's definitely the only real distinction. And the album art, I guess. Decemberunderground was mediocre, though.

IAmARevenant
11-16-2006, 10:18 PM
I think that post TAOD AFI is emo, but it doesn't matter to me. I still like their new stuff.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 12:03 AM
*For clarification, by post-2003 I was referring to the last two albums (Sing The Sorrow was released in '03, right, I may be mistaken here...).

And are you fucking kidding me? There is what, one song on Sing The Sorrow that sounds anything remotely like the Black Sails/Art Of Drowning material. "Death Of Seasons". Hell, Decemberunderground even has two that are in the same style ("Kill Caustic" and "Affliction").

I don't hate Sing The Sorrow, I actually think there are a few select songs on it that kick major fucking ass. But don't try to tell me the only sonic difference you can pick up is Davey's clean singing as opposed to his traditionally guttural throaty roar.

He did a little bit of "la laah" clean beautiful singing on Art too, but for the most part it was pretty classic Havok.

Black Sails even moreso, even though Art Of Drowning is the better record.

And Decemberunderground sounds completely different to Sing The Sorrow again, aside from said AFI-esque songs. Not all of Decemberunderground is bad, but most all of Decemberunderground is emo. And like 75% of Sing The Sorrow.

Again, it's not like I'm bashing them here. It's just a comment in the same way that The Offspring aren't a punk-rock band anymore, but I still fucking worship them. I don't worship AFI, but they still have me at a need-to-purchase-albums level. Emo forgiven. But emo acknowledged.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 12:13 AM
You still fail to explain what about the songs on STS make them emo that wasn't apparent on AOD. What, because he sings more than he screams? A lot of modern emo bands scream. And the only reason the singing is cleaner is because they went major and had much higher production.

Also, post means "after". After 2003 would be 2004 and beyond.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Techni-motherfucking-cality. :rolleyes: Fine. Post-whatever-month-of-2003-Sorrow-was-released. :mad:

What's different between the two? Well, Art Of Drowning was dark, no doubt, but Sing The Sorrow was just goddamn depressing. I mean, what, one of the major themes running through it is suicide right? As for other elements, the sound seemed to shift to comply with the new-fangled emo trend, there were plenty of cheesy little effects like rain and such throughout, and there is goddamn poetry bringing the album to a closure.

On top of that, the obligatory emo album-art and fashion statements the band felt the need to make, something you seem to not want me to mention.

Oh, taking the topic back a bit, I know that "emo" these days isn't what "emo" once was. Those bands one of you mentioned are definitely different, and that's the emo I know, from when I dabbled in a few bands to get a feel for the genre. It's completely different now, though. Like Llamas said (actually agreeing with her here) genres change, they evolve, and when someone mentions "emo" now, yes, Panic At The Disco and My Chemical Romance and AFI and such are who they're referring to. Even if it's not representative of what that word meant five or six years ago.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Coulda said "post art of drowning"... *cough*...

Was it actually a poem at the end? I thought it was just a guy telling a story. Regardless, that in itself isn't emo... I never took the time to read the words and find out what it's about, so it could be.

I find songs like "morningstar", "god called in sick today", "Lost Souls", "Despair Factor", "Wester", "A Story At Three", etc, etc to very very emo songs... plus the "one big dark room" thing? All these things are emo, and I don't see anything on the following album to be any more emo (besides the fact that the whole thing is black instead of brightly colored). I also find black sails to be pretty emo, particularly lyrically.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 12:47 AM
Black Sails is pretty much straight-up pissed-off Bay hardcore with a more artistic vocabulary than "fuck fuck fuck". It's more sing-songy and metaphorical, but it's not emo by any stretch of the word.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Yeah, AFI's lyrics have been on the depressing side for quite a while now.

Truthfully, I don't really think AFI has ever really changed directions. They've just... evolved. Except maybe when Jade joined the band. But you could totally hear Art of Drowning coming from Black Sails. And you could even hear Sing the Sorrow coming, at least to a certain degree, from Art of Drowning. And after the dabbling in electronica (Death of Seasons, and even The Despair Factor), you could totally hear Decemberunderground coming. Nothing about AFI has ever surprised me, except for the fact that they continue to make good music no matter what they do.

Also, you'll enjoy the music so much more if you stop thinking about genres so damn much. Why should some bullshit cultural context (like "emo") prevent me from enjoying music? Granted, I suppose the new music IS more "emo" to a certain degree. But AFI still sound nothing like Panic! or MCR or most other emo bands. That's because they're simply better. Any genre can sound good if the songwriters are talented and creative and if the musicians don't suck.

Placebo14
11-17-2006, 04:45 AM
ok, here we go:

STS:
-Punk Revival
-Punk-Pop
-Alternative Pop/ Rock
-Hardcore Punk
-Emo
-Goth Rock

DU:
-Alternative Pop/ Rock
-Punk Revival
-Emo
-Goth Rock
-New Wave
-Hardcore Punk

venom, they are emo, partially.

No, they are not fucking partially emo.
They're not emo at all, anyone who thinks they are, are just plain and simply dumb, which is pretty much every dumbfuck on this topic.

Once again, AFI are NOT emo.

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 07:57 AM
placebo14, you are an idiot.

http://www.allmusic.com/
STS:
-heroic emo chord changes of "This Celluloid Dream"
-"The Great Disappointment" is like junior-varsity Fugazi
DU:
-dark emo-coated lyrics

---------------------------------------------------
Emo
Genre

Originally an arty outgrowth of hardcore punk, emo became an important force in underground rock by the late '90s, appealing to modern-day punks and indie-rockers alike. Some emo leans toward the progressive side, full of complex guitar work , unorthodox song structures, arty noise, and extreme dynamic shifts; some emo is much closer to punk-pop, though it's a bit more intricate. Emo lyrics are deeply personal, usually either free-associative poetry or intimate confessionals. Though it's far less macho, emo is a direct descendant of hardcore's preoccupations with authenticity and anti-commercialism; it grew out of the conviction that commercially oriented music was too artificial and calculated to express any genuine emotion. Because the emo ideal is authentic, deeply felt emotion that defies rational analysis, the style can be prone to excess in its quest for ever-bigger peaks and releases. But at its best, emo has a sweeping power that manages to be visceral, challenging, and intimate all at once. The groundwork for emo was laid by Hüsker Dü's 1984 landmark Zen Arcade, which made it possible for hardcore bands to tackle more personal subject matter and write more tuneful and technically demanding songs. Emo emerged in Washington, D.C. not long after, amidst the remnants of the hardcore scene that had produced Minor Threat and Bad Brains. The term "emo" (sometimes lengthened to "emocore") was initially used to describe hardcore bands who favored expressive vocals over the typical barking rants; the first true emo band was Rites of Spring, followed by ex-Minor Threat singer Ian MacKaye's short-lived Embrace. MacKaye's Dischord label became the center for D.C.'s growing emo scene, releasing work by Rites of Spring, Dag Nasty, Nation of Ulysses, and MacKaye's collaboration with members of Rites of Spring, Fugazi. Fugazi became the definitive early emo band, crossing over to alternative rock listeners and getting press for their uncompromisingly anti-commercial attitudes. Aside from the Dischord stable, most early emo was deeply underground, recorded by extremely short-lived bands and released on vinyl in small quantities by small labels; some vocalists literally wept onstage during song climaxes, earning derision from hardcore purists. Fugazi notwithstanding, emo didn't really break out of obscurity until the mid-'90s emergence of Sunny Day Real Estate, whose early work defined the style in the minds of many. Tempering Fugazi's gnarled guitar webs with Seattle grunge, straight-up prog-rock, and crooned vocals, SDRE launched a thousand imitators who connected with their dramatic melodies and introspective mysticism. Some of this new generation connected equally with the wry, geeky introspection and catchy punk-pop of Weezer's Pinkerton album. While several artists continued to build on Fugazi's innovations (including Quicksand and Drive Like Jehu), most '90s emo bands borrowed from some combination of Fugazi, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Weezer. Groups like the Promise Ring, the Get Up Kids, Braid, Texas Is the Reason, Jimmy Eat World, Joan of Arc, and Jets to Brazil earned substantial followings in the indie-rock world, making emo one of the more popular underground rock styles at the turn of the millennium.

the_GoDdEsS
11-17-2006, 09:02 AM
HAU pwned you, idiots.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 03:41 PM
No, they are not fucking partially emo.
They're not emo at all, anyone who thinks they are, are just plain and simply dumb, which is pretty much every dumbfuck on this topic.

Once again, AFI are NOT emo.

You are a complete moron. You can't even explain yourself.

And HAU, giving a definition for emo is dumb. It's like trying to define punk...

Apathy
11-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Whatever it is, I have more of it in my seamen than you do.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 07:25 PM
AFI are emo until proven otherwise by this particular "Placebo" fanboy.

HeadAroundU
11-17-2006, 07:38 PM
And HAU, giving a definition for emo is dumb. It's like trying to define punk...
Hahaha haha hoo-hah tee hee hee tiddlywinks. I don't know what to say. Shock!

yeah, allmusic.com is bunch of idiots trying to define/describe music styles. Whatever.

Llamas
11-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Hahaha haha hoo-hah tee hee hee tiddlywinks. I don't know what to say. Shock!

yeah, allmusic.com is bunch of idiots trying to define/describe music styles. Whatever.

haha, it's true. I love the site... it gives some objective ideas and opinions of different artists and albums, but I can never take them completely seriously.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Hahaha haha hoo-hah tee hee hee tiddlywinks.

That's my bit. Stop it.

Apathy
11-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I thought you were supposed to do the "uahauhauhauhauhauhauahu" Pena laugh.

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2006, 09:45 PM
I love AFI. I am a huge, HUGE AFI fan. And I am weighing in that AFI is emo and gawthy as hell now and have been for a few albums now. The only reason to deny them being emotastic is that the person denying has some sort of stake in them not being emo. But whatever, because when you're throwing around lyrical references to Depeche Mode and sampling girls crying on someone's voicemail, you're pretty emo.

ninthlayer
11-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Since when are wimminzfolk so rational?

bouncingcoles
11-17-2006, 10:04 PM
i saw AFI recently and they were fucking horrible. and iv been an AFI for 6 years now. it was my 3rd time seeing them and by far the worst. although everytime iv seen them i havent been impressed.

Venom Symbiote
11-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Exactly. I friggin' love AFI. Or at least I did until "Kill Caustic" finished the first time I heard Decemberunderground and "Miss Murder" started. By the end of that record I was a total "WTF?" kid. And I don't even say "WTF?".

I may think this band kicks ass, but that doesn't mean I can't accept that they're about the most emo group on the planet right now.

Llamas
11-18-2006, 02:48 AM
Since when are wimminzfolk so rational?

not rational, just seem so in the presence of peeps like placebo.

Venom Symbiote
11-18-2006, 05:43 PM
"Wimminzfolk." :p Haha.

0r4ng3
11-18-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry to break up this intellectual cesspool that is a debate, but I just have a quick comment/opinion.

I've been recently finding myself strangely liking Kiss and Control. I'm not sure why.

Venom Symbiote
11-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Meh. No biggie. I friggin' love "Endlessly, She Said" and the Rabbit Roadkill bonus thingiemajig.

HeadAroundU
11-19-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm sorry to break up this intellectual cesspool that is a debate, but I just have a quick comment/opinion.

I've been recently finding myself strangely liking Kiss and Control. I'm not sure why.
Because it's a kick ass song.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Well, I always thought Kiss and Control and Endlessly, She Said were like, the only two songs on the album that actually sound like they maybe would have fit on Sing the Sorrow. All the rest sorta had this new sound to them.

HeadAroundU
11-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Yeah but I think that they are darker than STS. Also, I would like to assign "The interview" to them. They should have done the whole album like those 3 songs. It would be compact.

Venom Symbiote
11-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Darker than Sing The Sorrow?

Is that even humanly possible? Suicide and rain and poetry and mascara and absolving sins. Happy happy fun-times.

JohnnyNemesis
11-19-2006, 03:52 PM
"The Interview" is a shitty song.

Llamas
11-19-2006, 03:52 PM
I generally agree.

HeadAroundU
11-19-2006, 04:14 PM
I generally disagree.

Kill caustic is a shitty song. ;)

XYlophonetreeZ
11-19-2006, 04:29 PM
I always thought it was the weakest on the album just because Davey's voice is so fucking WHINY on it. It annoys the fuck out of me, which is a shame because I think it would be a really good song if he sang normally and didn't rape my ears with his crying-pussy "SOOOOOOORRROOOOOOOOWWW:( :( :( :( " crooning.

Venom Symbiote
11-19-2006, 05:49 PM
"Kill Caustic" is an amazing AFI track.

It's reminiscent of the old stuff, but...better. In a way.

I hate it when shitty albums have one or two awesome tracks that almost make it worth buying. Such a waste.

0r4ng3
11-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Well, I always thought Kiss and Control and Endlessly, She Said were like, the only two songs on the album that actually sound like they maybe would have fit on Sing the Sorrow. All the rest sorta had this new sound to them.
I was thinking that very thing earlier today. Especially when I was listening to "...but Home is Nowhere" and "This Time Imperfect" and I thought, "wow, these songs sound like something out of Decemberunderground".

Llamas
11-19-2006, 05:59 PM
I am advocate of Kill Caustic. It's the only song on DU that I genuinely really like. And while it has a lot of the same sounds that are standard to AFI, it is still different. If you hate Kill Caustic because it sounds like their old stuff, then you should rightfully hate all their old music. I think it's great, and it's much different. If I liked it just cause it sounded like the old stuff, I'd also like Affliction, which I don't.

lil_punk_rawker
11-19-2006, 06:27 PM
i really love AFI but i like their older stuff... i have listened to decemberunderground a grand total of 3times... but nevertheless i went to see them when the toured about a week ago and, granted, they didnt play anything before STS i thought it was really good except Davey doesent seem 2 like interaction w/the crowd v. much..... :(

Llamas
11-19-2006, 08:33 PM
they didnt play anything before STS
not like I'd expect otherwise... but still. :( :( :( I saw them right before STS came out... so lots of art of drowning stuff. Great show.

bouncingcoles
11-20-2006, 08:09 AM

i agree. in fact every song on that albun blows

JohnnyNemesis
11-20-2006, 09:25 AM
You're an idiot.

Kitten
11-20-2006, 09:26 AM
i really love AFI but i like their older stuff... i have listened to decemberunderground a grand total of 3times... but nevertheless i went to see them when the toured about a week ago and, granted, they didnt play anything before STS i thought it was really good except Davey doesent seem 2 like interaction w/the crowd v. much..... :(

What show did you go to? I am pretty sure they played something off the Art of Drowning and one song that was older (not a huge fan, but wouldn't have been unhappy at hearing a couple of older songs).
As for the interaction, I noticed that too. And what was with those outfits?
Davey did stop security laying into someone here though, so I will grant him that.
Security in Sydney venues seems to be getting mean though.

HeadAroundU
11-20-2006, 11:31 AM
You're an idiot.
I generally agree.

ps guys, I knew that you love kill caustic. ;)

Venom Symbiote
11-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Pssh, Kitten, what the hell could possibly happen at an AFI show? Where did the play, the Hordern or something?

I didn't bother seeing them in Brisbane, even though they used to be like in my top 3 favourite bands and I've never been to one of their shows before. The emo-ness kind of got to me after a while of beating beaten over the head with it on the music cable channels.

Kitten
11-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Pssh, Kitten, what the hell could possibly happen at an AFI show? Where did the play, the Hordern or something?

I didn't bother seeing them in Brisbane, even though they used to be like in my top 3 favourite bands and I've never been to one of their shows before. The emo-ness kind of got to me after a while of beating beaten over the head with it on the music cable channels.

Some kids got onstage during the show, and both were in the process of getting off the stage themselves when security got all shitty over it.

lil_punk_rawker
11-20-2006, 06:37 PM
What show did you go to? I am pretty sure they played something off the Art of Drowning and one song that was older (not a huge fan, but wouldn't have been unhappy at hearing a couple of older songs).
As for the interaction, I noticed that too. And what was with those outfits?
Davey did stop security laying into someone here though, so I will grant him that.
Security in Sydney venues seems to be getting mean though.

i went to the thebarten one in adelaide, they didnt play anything older that i know of but i went to the toilet halfway through and the line up was MASSIVE so i missed like 3 songs.:( something went wrong and he had to talk to the crowd ffor like 10mins he didnt seem too happy about it... :(

XYlophonetreeZ
12-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Most of you will probably respond to this with "zzomg OLD!!1," but I just heard their cover of INXS's "Don't Change" for the first time. HOLY SHIT ILUVIT!!!!! Really, that's one of the best covers I've ever heard. It's also one of the most beautiful things AFI has ever recorded.

Venom Symbiote
12-03-2006, 03:26 PM
I haven't heard it. Is it a B-Side from Decemberunderground or something like that? Haven't really followed the AFI news in a while.

Hmm...never really liked INXS though, especially after this whole Rock Star thing. But I guess it would be worth hearing, the original is an ok kind of "classic rock" type song.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-03-2006, 03:38 PM
I really like the original "Don't Change" in its own way, but I like what AFI did to it even more. Don't know if you'd like it though. They make it very slow and it's all electronic noises and acoustic guitar. And yeah, it's a b-side from DU.

DeAtHsTaR
02-21-2007, 11:10 AM
GOOD GOD Black Sails is amazing, I haven't listened to it in forever. Must go download Art of Drowning now.

SuperKnux
02-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Bahahaha, I was just banned from the AFI Boards. And to think, I'm in the Despair Faction. They're way to sensitive in those boards.

HeadAroundU
02-21-2007, 04:06 PM
haha, I can imagine, what did you do?

JohnnyNemesis
02-21-2007, 05:01 PM
GOOD GOD Black Sails is amazing, I haven't listened to it in forever. Must go download Art of Drowning now.

Holy shit, you hadn't heard AoD yet?! That's the fucking gold standard as far as I'n concerned (though if someone say that Black Sails is better, I don't argue).

bouncingcoles
02-21-2007, 05:58 PM
The newest album is garbage

bouncingcoles
02-21-2007, 05:59 PM
they also never play old songs. but if they do they play like 2 that are not off sing the sorrow or december underground

Ninty Man
02-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Well... I still like them

Venom Symbiote
02-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Holy shit, you hadn't heard AoD yet?! That's the fucking gold standard as far as I'n concerned (though if someone say that Black Sails is better, I don't argue).

Amen to that.

Black Sails and (moreso) Art Of Drowning are basically the only amazing AFI records. The rest are good, but...meh.

ruroken
02-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Motherfucking WERD. I love The Art of Drowning. It's one of my favorite albums ever. Right beside Siamese Dream. I wish it were longer though...
I have Black Sails in the Sunset, but haven't listened to it yet.

Black Sails and (moreso) Art Of Drowning are basically the only amazing AFI records. The rest are good, but...meh.
Which is why I don't bother with anything else besides All Hollows EP, which is also awesome.

0r4ng3
02-21-2007, 09:37 PM
My personal favorite is Sing the Sorrow, but I know that it's a fact that both BSitS and AoD are both better, so don't bother trying to argue with me, because I'll probably agree anyway.

I just really like This Celluloid Dream and Dancing Through Sunday.

DeAtHsTaR
02-21-2007, 10:37 PM

Ha, I've heard Wester, Morningstar and Days of the Phoenix. I need to get the album though.

Jakebert
02-22-2007, 04:28 AM
I just recently realized that I grew out if AFI some time ago. I tried listening to "Black Sails", and as well-written as it is, I just couldn't get into it.

Venom Symbiote
02-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda the same way too. AFI used to be basically one of my top 3 favourite bands around the '99/'00 era, but as stupid as this sounds, the direction they've taken now almost ruins the old stuff for me. Art Of Drowning aside, which, like the other person said, is one of my personal favourite albums ever. Like one of the ones I'd take to a fucking desert island with a discman, should I be forced to spend a couple years in exile.

Black Sails is awesome, but I don't think it's as, um, accomplished as AOD. As much as I love Sails too, it's just...less mature or whatever.

Their old material was ok, I do like Very Proud Of Ya, etc, but those albums are just pretty generic Bay punk. Which I like, but...you know. It's pretty average.

- -Lauren- -
02-24-2007, 11:19 PM
I just really like This Celluloid Dream and Dancing Through Sunday.

I agree. This Celluloid Dream is probably my favorite song off the album, that and Death of Seasons and This Time Imperfect.

I just don't want to wait years for a new album... :[
I have STS, DU, and AoD.

yay for initials.

EDIT: Venom Symbiote, I am in LOVE with your avatar. Team America is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Venom Symbiote
02-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Heerrrrooooo, Hans! :p Thanks, I guess. Yeah, the movie was pretty great. I kinda chose it since, you know, movie-version Jong Il and I share a few similarities. I'm an incompetent evil jumped-up egomaniac puppet and such.

But as for the band, go buy Black Sails to add to your collection. You definitely have the best three albums, but Black Sails will complete it. Don't bother with the previous stuff, it's just typical 90's hardcore that sounds like every other one of their contemporaries.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
The Missing Frame is the third DU single.

Heard it on my local rock station the other day, and they only play singles. At first mistook it for Gotta Get Away.

http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=16771

bottom of the list.

DeAtHsTaR
03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Haha the drumming is sooo close.

AFI's playing in Medford on Wednesday.

Ninty Man
03-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey, yeah I noted that of the missing frame when I heard it the first time... and fuck, Adam Carson it's an excellent drummer..

Anyway, AFI COMES TO MEXICO XD

Venom Symbiote
03-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Mexican or otherwise, stop saying "it's" instead of "is".

0r4ng3
03-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Good that The Missing Frame is their next single, but I would be happier a couple of months ago. I'm kind of bored with that song now.

Fat-Mike
03-07-2007, 06:10 AM
I think AFI majorly sold out when they left Nitro records, i belive they dont care much for there old school fans anymore, and they only care for there record sales.

ruroken
03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Pff, haven't you heard? Selling out is all the rage!

Kill Caustic isn't as great as you all make it out to be. Maybe its just that his screaming annoys me.
Miss Murder is far too basic.
Love Like Winter is awesome! So catchy.

Nothing else on Decemberunderground is of interest to me.

Venom Symbiote
03-07-2007, 05:08 PM
You like "Love Like Winter" yet don't dig "Kill Caustic".

Yep, you're lame.

- -Lauren- -
03-08-2007, 08:40 PM
The Missing Frame is the third DU single.

This hurts me. Two singles is enough, and that happens to be one of my favorites of Decemberunderground.

I just hope they don't pull a Nickelback and do SIX singles.

Ninty Man
03-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Mexican or otherwise, stop saying "it's" instead of "is".

Shut up Major Walaby... I know I write wrong XD

And... bah sold out... that's the new fashion word around here?

NMHFBD
04-14-2007, 06:58 AM
What does it mean:
Yo he estado aqui muchas veces antes y regreso
and this:
Y regreso aqui otra vez y comienzo

FrancoDaHui
04-14-2007, 07:16 AM
What does it mean:
and this:

something like

i've been here a lot of times before and come back

and i come back here again and begin

leo3375
04-14-2007, 08:45 AM
What does it mean:
and this:

It means:
I have been here many times before and returned

And I return here once again and I begin

Stevey1der
04-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Woooo AFI rock

Nate Dogg
04-18-2007, 09:29 PM
AFI is great. Kiss And Control is greatest song!
I only have Sing the Sorrow, Decemeberunderground, and the Best of AFI (although I only like a few of the songs from the Best of AFI). But they're all great and I listen to them nearly every day!
If you haven't listened to them yet you should give them a try (Decemberunderground is light and Sing the Sorrow is heavier, but nothing like their older stuff)(Personally I prefer the new stuff alot more).

Venom Symbiote
04-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Personally I prefer the new stuff alot more.

That's because you're a dick.

H1T_That
04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
That's because you're a dick.

u r so 1337 shittin on ppls opinions lyk u r betta dan dem. U r my hero.

0r4ng3
04-19-2007, 01:13 PM
AFI were better before they existed! I hate their new shit like Answer That and Stay Fahsionable! They're so selloutz for forming and releasing a CD!

H1T_That
04-19-2007, 01:21 PM
AFI were better before they existed! I hate their new shit like Answer That and Stay Fahsionable! They're so selloutz for forming and releasing a CD!

Are you kidding me? Davey and Jade sold out the moment they left their mothers womb.

Llamas
04-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Davey's mom was the one who really sold out by having Davey. Gawd, what a bitch.

H1T_That
04-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Davey's mom was the one who really sold out by having Davey. Gawd, what a bitch.

I wonder if she sold out her body for sex.... That would make her tru selloutz. as well as a whore.

Venom Symbiote
04-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Who...said anything about...selling out? :confused:

The mocking seems to be pretty unfounded.

Llamas
04-19-2007, 07:50 PM
The actual mockery was because of your "you're a dick for liking their new material" thing. It's not necessarily true that you think that cause you think they sold out, it just ran off in a direction of us having fun. And you're still annoying for using lame profanities just because someone has a different opinion from you.

michael jackson
04-19-2007, 08:31 PM
davey looks gayer then me

Venom Symbiote
04-19-2007, 11:46 PM
He's more of a retard, too. ^

NMHFBD
04-20-2007, 08:22 AM
it's great that AFI songs can still get stuck in my head from time to time. i don't mind people liking decemberundrground. i myself like a couple of songs from that album but i think i was a step in a wrong direction.

H1T_That
04-20-2007, 09:44 AM
it's great that AFI songs can still get stuck in my head from time to time. i don't mind people liking decemberundrground. i myself like a couple of songs from that album but i think i was a step in a wrong direction.

If popularity and money is the wrong direction, you'd be spot on.

And what do you mean you don't mind people liking DU? As though people need your approval on what they are allowed to like...Watch how you phrase things in future.

Venom Symbiote
04-20-2007, 07:53 PM
They don't. They need mine instead.

Ninty Man
04-21-2007, 04:11 PM
They don't. They need mine instead.

Fuck you. I like decemberundreground and the old material

0r4ng3
04-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Me too. I like almost everything they've done. I hate it when people say you should only like the old or only like the new. It's possible to have more than one taste in music.

- -Lauren- -
04-22-2007, 12:09 AM
And people may think otherwise; however, I think this so-called "new material" [Sing The Sorrow/Decemberunderground] is actually maturity. I think the guys have just grown up and out of the hardcore punk stage.

Because people DO change, ya know. It's just better to accept than try to fight it. Because, chances are, if you do fight it, you'll lose. The band's not going to change back just because YOU don't like it.

[I'm speaking figuratively with the "you"s because I'm not really directing at anyone, just stating my own opinion.]

Venom Symbiote
04-22-2007, 12:51 AM
But wasn't Art Of Drowning fairly mature too? :confused:

To me it seems Sing The Sorrow is just depressing and bleak because that was the big thing at the time. And Decemberunderground isn't so much "mature" as...experimental I guess. Which is fine. But it's becoming harder and harder to distinguish AFI's newer material from every other emo band out there. It all sounds the same these days.

Back in 2000, AFI were basically fuckin' pioneers, you know? Nothing I've ever heard sounds a damn thing like Art of Drowning.

Black Sails was great too, but in a more "generic" hardcore kind of way.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-22-2007, 01:03 AM
You do have a point in saying that Art of Drowning, and even Black Sails to some extent, were in a class by themselves. However, in my mind Sing the Sorrow actually preceded most of the emo-hardcore shit around the times. Even if it didn't precede the actual trend of "emo," it was just better than everything else of its ilk, and as a result I have an enormous respect for that album. Kind of the same reason why I love Lucky Boys Confusion- they're basically the same kind of pop-punk that dominated the early 2000s, but they're just BETTER. In a class by themselves.

As for Decemberunderground, I admittedly probably wouldn't like the album at all if not for previously having heard Sing the Sorrow, which is one of my favorite albums ever. But it IS a very natural direction to go, continuing from an album like STS. I don't mind the "hip-hop beats" or anything like that.

Ninty Man
04-23-2007, 06:10 PM
You do have a point in saying that Art of Drowning, and even Black Sails to some extent, were in a class by themselves. However, in my mind Sing the Sorrow actually preceded most of the emo-hardcore shit around the times. Even if it didn't precede the actual trend of "emo," it was just better than everything else of its ilk, and as a result I have an enormous respect for that album. Kind of the same reason why I love Lucky Boys Confusion- they're basically the same kind of pop-punk that dominated the early 2000s, but they're just BETTER. In a class by themselves.

As for Decemberunderground, I admittedly probably wouldn't like the album at all if not for previously having heard Sing the Sorrow, which is one of my favorite albums ever. But it IS a very natural direction to go, continuing from an album like STS. I don't mind the "hip-hop beats" or anything like that.

I agree... someone with arguments and brains post

Nate Dogg
04-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Just because Decemberunderground is lighter doesn't mean it sux. And I think that their music been better since they've gone Emo! I mean STS and dcmbrundrgrnd are great, not that their old stuff sux or anything, I just prefer their new stuff.:D

0r4ng3
06-28-2007, 10:32 PM
*bump*

So I was listening to the radio today and Miss Murder was playing. But it was all differenty. Instead of the slower screamy part, there was a different part which was less out of place than the original.

Edit: A quick Wikipedia search reveals that it's the UK radio edit. Anyone got it?

nameless
06-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Just because Decemberunderground is lighter doesn't mean it sux. And I think that their music been better since they've gone Emo! I mean STS and dcmbrundrgrnd are great, not that their old stuff sux or anything, I just prefer their new stuff.:D

im not really into their new stuff, ive got nothing against it but i cant help but wish they had stuck with their kinda more raw and powerful approach!

H1T_That
06-29-2007, 12:35 PM
*bump*

So I was listening to the radio today and Miss Murder was playing. But it was all differenty. Instead of the slower screamy part, there was a different part which was less out of place than the original.

Edit: A quick Wikipedia search reveals that it's the UK radio edit. Anyone got it?

The one i heard on the radio was was album version one, with the scream. :confused: Weird.

HeadAroundU
06-29-2007, 12:44 PM
*bump*

http://download.yousendit.com/4B53FC6E4740C084

Yeah, the album version sounds weird at that part.

0r4ng3
06-30-2007, 01:15 PM
That's the album version you uploaded. The song I'm talking about doesn't have the slow screamy part near the end.

HeadAroundU
06-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Whoops, but it's edited album version...

I think I had it. I deleted it because it was a low quality radio rip. I'll try to find it...

RODNEYMULLEN
06-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't know why, i just don't like afi.

WebDudette
06-30-2007, 06:45 PM
I used to really love Sing the Sorrow and didn't care all that much for the rest of their work. Now though, I've got to say AoD>Very Proud>Black Sails/STS>Everything else.

Llamas
06-30-2007, 07:03 PM
I used to really love Sing the Sorrow and didn't care all that much for the rest of their work. Now though, I've got to say AoD>Very Proud>Black Sails/STS>Everything else.

My variation on that is

AoD>Black Sails>STS>Very Proud>Everything else.

H1T_That
07-01-2007, 03:53 PM
STS>Everything else.

I haven't really heard everything else though. I'll get to listening when I get home.

I've listened to all of their stuff, and i prefer STS to the others too.

HeadAroundU
07-05-2007, 06:25 PM
STS>Everything else.
That's the right combination!

0r4ng3,
Miss Murder [extended], it's made by fan, so it's not an official release. It has both, the new part and screaming part too. Those bitches at AFI boards are not sharing any official releases.
http://download.yousendit.com/022F4D2A16384A88

HeadAroundU
07-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Here's UK radio edit with alternative bridge:
http://download.yousendit.com/27279651243B8D9A

HeadAroundU
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003644379

"Carcinogen Crush" from AFI. The AFI song is expected to appear on an EP of new material in December.

STS B-side!! omg!

SuperKnux
09-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Fuckin' a, a new song. Weird having a new track appear on a video game, though. Heh.

DeAtHsTaR
10-09-2007, 05:16 PM
I just bought this sweet t-shirt online.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BLug%2B38LL._SS500_.jpg

WebDudette
10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Not gonna lie, I would wear the shit out of this if it were a mens sweater.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AFI-I-DISINTEGRATE-striped-HOODIE-shirt-Punk-Goth-diy-S_W0QQitemZ120168674851QQihZ002QQcategoryZ63868QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

IAmARevenant
10-10-2007, 10:01 PM
I just bought this sweet t-shirt online.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BLug%2B38LL._SS500_.jpg
damn, that's an awesome one. I'll definitely be getting that soon.

WebDudette
10-12-2007, 12:42 AM
I was bored and drew this about half an hour ago. It took me about 35 minutes.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/SystemSloth/100_1317.jpg

GreenTerror
10-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I drew that entire album cover a couple years ago. It came out really good, too. No colors or anything, just in pencil like that. I spent a shitload of time on it. I'm an idiot and gave it away to some dude I don't talk to anymore, though. :(

HeadAroundU
11-03-2007, 02:18 PM
AFI - Carcinogen Crush (re-recorded during the DU sessions)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n3-3jz3wRs

WebDudette
11-04-2007, 01:29 AM
I can't say I like it that much. Maybe it just needs some time to grow on me like Decemberunderground and Blaqk Audio.

offspringer24
11-04-2007, 02:38 AM
i liked them when they were heavier but they seem abit gay nowadays

NMHFBD
11-04-2007, 12:40 PM
is AFI emo?

DeAtHsTaR
11-04-2007, 03:05 PM
is AFI emo?

Hung in your room, swaying, hoping only that you'll see.
All by myself, I'm alone in such poor company.
The deeper I think, the deeper I seem to sink,
I can't stop the insects that are feeding,
pull the needles from beneath my skin.
I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece.
You'll lovely the eyes.
Have they always shown so vacantly?
The more I show the less you'll want to know.
I can't stop the insects that are feeding,
pull the needles from beneath my skin.
Now I'm on display.
I am becoming.
Hurt myself today.
It's all for you.
Do you like, do you like, what I'm becoming?
Cut myself today.
It's all for you.
I part the night, flashing, approaching as I watch you flee.
Pushed through your panes.
Seems I've landed quite uncomfortably.
But as I pass through souls of broken glass
I can't stop the insects that are feeding.
Pull the needles from beneath my skin.
Please don't ask me just what I think, trust me,
you don't want to know.
Please don't ask me to open up, trust me, trust me,
'cause I can't.

HeadAroundU
11-05-2007, 01:20 AM
is AFI emo?
Partially.

ruroken
11-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I'd say they are. Davey is a faggot. But that doesn't change that they kick ass.