PDA

View Full Version : A.F.I. (A Fire Inside)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Fall-children
10-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Beside The Offspring and bad religion i think A.F.I. is the best bad in the world thats all, what do you think of A.F.I. :confused:

punk_flamingo
10-22-2004, 10:41 PM
I love AFI....i first saw them live with Offspring back in 2000. They blew me away then, and tehy still continue to do so. ALthough I have to say I do prefer their older stuff. Esp black sails into sunset.

RonWelty
10-23-2004, 02:00 AM
i saw AFI 3 times ..theyu are great but i don īt like how havoc dresses :X

Gabriel
10-23-2004, 02:05 AM
AFI is great, it's on second place of my favorite bands. They play really great gigs :)

RobinoZombie
10-23-2004, 02:42 AM
Afi is at the top of my list :D

Vera
10-23-2004, 07:07 AM
Pure awesome.

Tizzalicious
10-23-2004, 07:25 AM
Love 'em :)

Fall-children
10-23-2004, 07:53 AM
i like the shut your mouth,black sails,the E.Ps,art of drowning and sts i dont like the frist 2, i dont know why its just punk and for me afi is another thing..

Fantazio
10-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Really really cool. That's good! I Love AFI

Master of Puppets
10-23-2004, 10:10 AM
great band, i have art of drowning, black sails, and sorrow

BLACK SABBATH
10-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Really really cool. That's good! I Love AFI
afi hel yah!!

Muttleygirl
10-23-2004, 01:03 PM
I love AFI but I haven't gotten to see them in concert yet. I have Answer That and Stay Fashionable, Black Sails in the Sunset, All Hallow's Eve, The Art of Drowning, and Sing the Sorrow. My favorite is Black Sails.

nothingfromsomething
10-23-2004, 01:57 PM
I also like afi, but it is damage that they are not any more on maintaining record Nitrorecords

leo3375
10-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Next to the Offspring, AFI is my favorite band. I first heard them in 1997 but didn't really get into them until 2000. I have all 7 AFI albums, I've seen them live 3 times (and met them 3 times), and I plan on buying the Nitro retrospective when it comes out next month.

Kayleigh
10-23-2004, 02:08 PM
AFI are my favourite ever band. I am married to AFI.

punk_flamingo
10-23-2004, 03:57 PM
isnt Davey gay or something? thats what I heard anyway.

I like how he dresses - more men should dress like that. And the lead singer from the Clash...he was hot.

leo3375
10-23-2004, 06:50 PM
isnt Davey gay or something? thats what I heard anyway.

No, he isn't gay. Guitarist Jade Puget cleared that up on the AFI boards about a year ago. Davey's not gay. Jade's not gay. Maybe you're gay.

NoHopeNoFuture
10-23-2004, 07:00 PM
AFI is OK i dont think their one of the best bands in the world tough.

punk_flamingo
10-23-2004, 08:36 PM
No, he isn't gay. Guitarist Jade Puget cleared that up on the AFI boards about a year ago. Davey's not gay. Jade's not gay. Maybe you're gay.

I never meant it in a bad way...it was a question.

And no, im not gay

beautifulnightmare
10-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Beside The Offspring and bad religion i think A.F.I. is the best bad in the world thats all, what do you think of A.F.I. :confused:
i love afi :D

Little_Miss_1565
10-24-2004, 08:03 AM
Been listening to them since I was 11 or 12, and now the word is out that I am an old lady. AOD is my favorite album of theirs, I think.

Jhonny
10-24-2004, 02:00 PM
afi is a good banmd.. - the m

Amelia
10-24-2004, 03:01 PM
AFI and Offspring are tied for my favorite band! AFI is one of the best bands around, they are awesome guys to!

Black
10-25-2004, 10:02 AM
I love AFI, they truly are my favorite band.

In all Honesty, It was the Offspring who got me started on them, back when Ixnay on the Hombre came out, I checked into their Label (Nitro) and found that AFI was (in my humble opinion) the best band on their label, due to their raw melodic hardcore sound of Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes (I love Napster). So I just shelled out the 20 bucks for the cd, and started my devotion ever since.

Offspring and AFI are the 2 bands that keep me coming back for more these days.

Eccentric Sara
10-25-2004, 09:13 PM
They were my favourite band for about a year.I have four of their albums and an EP.I thought they were amazing until I borrowed "Sing The Sorrow" from a friend.I didn't like it at all,but hey,maybe if I'd listened to it more than twice,it would have grown on me.They have an amazing back catalogue,but have been disappointing recently.Let's hope their next album is heavier.If it is,I will start liking them again!:)

offspringbaby2004
10-25-2004, 09:25 PM
I really like AFI. I just started listening to them not so long ago, I think they are pretty good :)

~mandy~

Chris
10-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Sing the Sorrows definitely a grower, you need some patience with it as I found. My first impressions weren't so favourable but that changed after giving it time.

Eccentric Sara
10-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Hmmmm....In that case,I shall persevere with it! I need to find a friend who owns "Sing The Sorrow" and have them make a copy of it for me. Skintitess prevents me from buying many CDs these days,and I don't have a CD Read-writer.(Actually,my dad's computer probably does,but I don't like using his computer to do ANYTHING incase I break it or something!)

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
10-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Next to the Offspring, AFI is my favorite band. I first heard them in 1997 but didn't really get into them until 2000. I have all 7 AFI albums, I've seen them live 3 times (and met them 3 times), and I plan on buying the Nitro retrospective when it comes out next month.

wait...how do you have all 7 AFI albums? AFI is currently working on their 7th album. Unless you're talking about owning an E.P. They have 6 full-length albums and 2 E.P.s excluding Black Sails and Days of Phoenix etc...it's A Fire Inside E.P. and All Hallow's E.P. I have all of them. I've seen them live and met them once. Pretty awesome. Offspring got me into them too. I love them. I can't wait til the new album comes out.

punk_flamingo
10-26-2004, 11:08 PM
I had a cigarette with them outside their gig in Brisbane, its weird, we were just stood there out the back talking to one of my mates who does lighting and shit for concerts...and then Davey came outside and I was like "woahhh" i was totally in the right place at the right time.

Saying that...one of my mates had cones with some of the members of Machinehead and Slayer in his car - thats even better.

Chainsaw
10-27-2004, 04:14 AM
Black sails the sunset is a good album... haven't listened to any others besides sing the sorrow and i don't like that.

Hysteria
10-27-2004, 03:22 PM
I love AFI....i first saw them live with Offspring back in 2000. They blew me away then, and tehy still continue to do so. ALthough I have to say I do prefer their older stuff. Esp black sails into sunset.

I would love to see AFI and The Offspring in the same concert, would be fucking awesome. Think yourself lucky! ;)

Chris
10-27-2004, 03:43 PM
The annoying thing is I wasn't into them when I saw them support offspring, but still enjoyed the set, but from a distance as none of my friends were interested so sat it out. Damn them.

Strudle
10-28-2004, 06:28 AM
Afi is at the top of my list :D
Yes, AFI is my fave, too. They totally kick my halloween socks!

wliethof
10-28-2004, 08:52 AM
I liked them a lot more a while ago, but they're still ok now

PenisPump
02-14-2005, 04:02 PM
hey all you AFI likers.

i just wanted to tell you all that AFI is officialy gay and has gay members and all are gay who like them.

i hate the AFI personally and all people that are members no this site are
inbreeds

Radi0_havana52
02-14-2005, 05:04 PM
i didn't like them at first because i thought all there stuff sounded like silver and cold. but now i like them after i heard the third season by them. now they are one of my favorite bands

Amelia
02-15-2005, 01:18 AM
Lets not get on this AFI is gay thing. They are an amazing band so lets leave it at that!

PrettyInPink_DeadInRed
02-15-2005, 03:14 AM
a.f.i. is gay!!! a.f.i. is gay!!

HeadAroundU
02-15-2005, 04:24 AM
They made big jump with STS!!!! Because they had super producents(Finn and Vig!!!)Thats important!!! I love this album!!!!
Black sails and Art of drowning are also kick ass!
Other albums are only relaxing for me,only plain fast punk.(this secret ninja is cooool :D )
So they are better and better!I can't wait for next album!
Offspring got me into them too!They have a lot of fans because of offspring!

UK version,I can't find "untitled track"

"Miseria Cantare (The Beginning)" - 2:57
"The Leaving Song Pt. 2" - 3:31
"Bleed Black" - 4:15
"Silver and Cold" - 4:11
"Dancing Through Sunday" - 2:26
"Girl's Not Grey" - 3:10
"Death of Seasons" - 3:59
"The Great Disappointment" - 5:27
"Paper Airplanes (Makeshift Wings)" - 3:57
"This Celluloid Dream" - 4:11
"The Leaving Song" - 2:44
"...But Home Is Nowhere" - 3:50
"untitled track" - 4:14
"This Time Imperfect" - 3:35
"Now The World" - 4:02
"Synesthesia" - 3:32

Jojan
02-15-2005, 05:57 AM
I almost pulled Daveys trousers down at a show once.

Naz
02-15-2005, 07:23 AM
AFI are awesome. Very good live.

BuddyHolly
02-15-2005, 10:39 AM
when i saw them live a year and a half ago they weren't that awesom. The singer dude was looking like a girl (wich got nothing to do with their performence), and he sounded really bad. Also the guys in the band didn't sound that great. They only thing wich was great, was their energy while jumping around the stage.

bouncingcoles
02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
i prefer there older stuff

leo3375
02-17-2005, 05:14 PM
*sigh* Again with the gay rumors?!

Here's what guitarist Jade Puget said about the rumors:

Sorry To Burst Your Bubble...

but Davey is not gay. Or bi. Get over it. Just because your friend heard he was gay or you read it on some message board doesn't make it so. However, since I've made posts like this repeatedly over the years and people still refuse to believe he's not gay, I guess we'll have to keep hearing about it ad infinitum. I say we talk about Fritch [the merch guy]. Or Smith [the tour manager, and Jade's brother]. They're DEFINITELY gay, I caught them holding hands and plus they went to the prom together.

Also, my friend heard YOU were gay

Sully
02-18-2005, 04:09 PM
a.f.i
answer that and stay fashionable is just awesome, and so are the other albums!!
also nofx rule!

Subsidal
02-21-2005, 04:17 AM
Only know two songs by them. Total Immortal (of course) and Two Of A Kind. Not bad, but didn't get me to listen to more of their stuff though

GreenTerror
02-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I love AFI, my second favorite band (Offspring first, of course ;) ) and, I too started listening to them because of Offspring. I have Answer That and Stay Fashionable, All Hallows E.P., Black Sails in The Sunset, The Art of Drowning, and Sing the Sorrow (But it's a copied version from a friend, gonna get the original after I own all the other AFI albums). All totally awesome albums. I like the Punkier stuff as much as I like everything elese by them. Great band to listen to when you're pissed off or felling icky.

IAmARevenant
09-03-2006, 08:43 AM
My favorite AFI album is Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes. My second favorite is Decemberunderground(yeah, that's kinda weird :D)

pretty fly 88
09-03-2006, 09:02 AM
I think AFI is okay, but they're not one of the best bands in the world. However, I would like to thank the person that started this thread for saying what A.F.I stands for. I was a little curious about that. A Fire Inside, I'll have to remember that.

0r4ng3
09-03-2006, 09:15 AM
According to the Wikipedia article, it wasn't always A Fire Inside.

The band's initials have not always stood for A Fire Inside. Although the band claims that the meaning has always been A Fire Inside, They have stated in several interviews prior to the release of "Answer That and Stay Fashionable" that AFI stands for "Abuncha Fucking Idiots". Answer That and Stay Fashionable is copyrighted to "Anthems For Insubordinates," and Very Proud of Ya lists contact information addressed to "Asking For It." Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes was the first AFI album to use the phrase "A Fire Inside" which is hidden on the inside of the CD case.

SuperKnux
09-03-2006, 01:23 PM
I also like afi, but it is damage that they are not any more on maintaining record Nitrorecords

Wow.

Uh, yeah...

All About Eve
09-03-2006, 01:34 PM
According to the Wikipedia article, it wasn't always A Fire Inside.
Have you confirmed that? It could just be an edit prank. I swear I saw it say A Fire Inside on one of the early ones.

JohnnyNemesis
09-03-2006, 01:47 PM
No, it said "Asking or It" on their early ones. It definitely didn't always say "A Fire Inside".

nieh
09-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Have you confirmed that? It could just be an edit prank. I swear I saw it say A Fire Inside on one of the early ones.

I'm pretty sure it's always been A Fire Inside but they just told people it meant random other things as jokes.

H1T_That
09-03-2006, 02:57 PM
I read somewhere it used to be "A Fag Inside". That was of course until Davey came out.

Tigger Army
09-04-2006, 01:12 AM

Why's that? because the music got bad after they left? Nah... Art of Drowning was already not very good....

Seriously what does a label contribute to a bands' credibility?

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-04-2006, 01:13 AM
All Hallows is good, dont like much after that

Llamas
09-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Why's that? because the music got bad after they left? Nah... Art of Drowning was already not very good....

Seriously what does a label contribute to a bands' credibility?

Art of Drowning was one of my two favorites of theirs (other being black sails).

Tigger Army
09-04-2006, 01:34 AM
*Something about taste and different for every individual*

I personally didn't like it at all. I would marry Black Sails though.

Then again I'm not that much into AFI. I only like the song Coin Toss, All Hallows EP and Black Sails

Llamas
09-04-2006, 01:41 AM
oh I know. I wasn't saying you're wrong. black sails is terrific. all hallows is dec. I'm not a huge AFI fan, either. I have all their albums on my computer (STS is the only one I bought), and black sails and art of drowning are the only two I listen to.

BuddyHolly
09-04-2006, 08:09 AM
for anybody who still thinks afi is cool... here's proof they're the worst band around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdgkBRHo4sg

0r4ng3
09-04-2006, 10:58 AM
I never understood how people love Black Sails, but hate Drowning. Maybe it's because I've only been listening to AFI for only a few months, but I think those albums are very similar.

HeadAroundU
09-04-2006, 12:15 PM
for anybody who still thinks afi is cool... here's proof they're the worst band around:

Davey's voice sounds weird but it's kinda tru punx to say that they are the worst band around. :rolleyes:

Here is Kill caustic and it's fantastic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkctI5yFW-g

BuddyHolly
09-04-2006, 02:04 PM
haha and since i'm a true punk i've got the right to say that:rolleyes: (I wouldn't be on the Offspring bbs if I wasn't a true punk;))

no but really... just look at it! It's crap!

I really like a lot of what they've done before (musically) but that performance (the one at the vma) is just to fucking gay.

Mr. Orange
09-04-2006, 02:13 PM
I never understood how people love Black Sails, but hate Drowning. Maybe it's because I've only been listening to AFI for only a few months, but I think those albums are very similar.
I've been listening to AFI for 6 years, and I'm just as confused about that as you are.

H1T_That
09-04-2006, 03:25 PM

I love that dude's stage-dive at 2 mins 40. Hilarious.

Llamas
09-04-2006, 03:27 PM
buddy holly: davey looks like gay shit, the glitter is retarded, and miss murder isn't a good song. The performance itself is quite good, though. I thought that live version sounded better than the recorded.

orange: I also agree that black sails and art of drowning sound very similar, and can't figure out why peopel love black sails and hate art.

HeadAroundU
09-05-2006, 07:34 AM
can't figure out why people love black sails and hate art.
'cause TAOD sold 3 times more?

Tigger Army
09-05-2006, 07:45 AM
'cause TAOD sold 3 times more?

Trust me, I like plenty bands who sell millions of records and should be concidered sellouts (examples The Cranberries, de Heideroosjes).

First of all I've never been into Davey's vocals too much which is a major weakpoint for the band. Then the songs of TOAD just don't touch me at all.

Endymion
09-05-2006, 07:52 AM
they don't sound similar, that's why. the art of drowning lacks the strength and raw energy that black sails has. it sounds more produced and more melodic.

Whiplash
09-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Trust me, I like plenty bands who sell millions of records and should be concidered sellouts (examples The Cranberries, de Heideroosjes).

First of all I've never been into Davey's vocals too much which is a major weakpoint for the band. Then the songs of TOAD just don't touch me at all.

Did de heideroosjes sell millions of records?, I doubt it.

BuddyHolly
09-05-2006, 11:18 AM
I don't think they did... hundreds of thousands? That might be...

0r4ng3
09-12-2006, 08:38 PM
I just wanted to say that I think Sing The Sorrow is underrated by "zomg h4rdc0r3!" AFI fans. I can see why everyone thinks Decemberunderground is a sack of crap, but STS is pretty good. I recently started listening to "Dancing Through Sunday" and "This Celluloid Dream".

SuperKnux
09-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Sing the Sorrow was their finest moment. I'm sure I'll get flack for that by some fuckin' purists or narrow-minded elitists, but fuck.. to me, that's as good as it got. Decemberunderground, just doesn't do it for me.

Llamas
09-12-2006, 09:09 PM
my AFI album order goes:

1. Art of drowning/Black Sails in Sunset
2. all hallows EP
3. sing the sorrow
4. answer that and stay fashionable
5. very proud of ya
6. decemberunderground
7. shut your mouth and open your eyes

HeadAroundU
09-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Like I said many times, STS is a masterpiece.

DU is a very good album but the problem is that it doesn't flow well. It's not compact like STS and I'm not sure if it's a bad thing or not. One half of the songs could fit previous albums. The last 4 songs + The interview + Love like winter are brilliant but they just don't go together.

I like to assign colours to my favourite albums and DU is just full of different colours. Black, creamy white, blue, light red, dark red, and a bit of green. STS is just dark red and black. This colour assigning has to do something with album art too and I'm not the only one who is doing this so I'm not crazy. :D There is even thread about it at AFI BBS.

Ninty Man
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
my AFI album order goes:

1. Art of drowning/Black Sails in Sunset
2. all hallows EP
3. sing the sorrow
4. answer that and stay fashionable
5. very proud of ya
6. decemberunderground
7. shut your mouth and open your eyes

All hallows it's so good... I mean, the boy who destroyed the world rocks

0r4ng3
09-13-2006, 03:21 PM
And Fall Children rocks more.

The only song from the EP I don't listen to much is Halloween, but that's only because I'm biased against (most) cover songs. Don't ask me why, I really don't know.

Icy Chic
09-13-2006, 07:14 PM
I love this band. They're awesome! Their song "Miss Murder" is my most favorite on that they sing.

All About Eve
09-13-2006, 07:26 PM
I've come to find that The Lost Souls is my favorite song by them. Of all the random songs to choose from..

DeAtHsTaR
09-13-2006, 07:42 PM
I love this band. They're awesome! Their song "Miss Murder" is my most favorite on that they sing.

lol .

0r4ng3
09-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Icy: Did you know they had albums before Sing the Sorrow? Crazy shit, I know.

I guess my current favorite song is...uh...Of Greetings and Goodbyes.

Llamas
09-13-2006, 09:06 PM

yes they're the best new band of 2006!!!

All About Eve
09-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Icy: Did you know they had albums before Sing the Sorrow? Crazy shit, I know.
Yeah they did, but they weren't as good.

Endymion
09-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah they did, but they weren't as good.
quite right, they were much better.

All About Eve
09-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Sing the Sorrow is far superior in my opinion.

Llamas
09-13-2006, 10:27 PM
STS is not better than art of drowning, black sails, or all hallows...

Endymion
09-13-2006, 10:31 PM
i *really* don't like art of drowning. i'd probably say STS is better than it. but all hallows and black sails are definitely afi's best.

Llamas
09-13-2006, 11:02 PM
I think this has been questioned before, but I didn't catch the answer. what do you find majorly different between AOD and BSIS? I hear them as being very, very similar in sound. BSIS just has weirder song titles, IMO.

Endymion
09-13-2006, 11:05 PM
they just sounds a lot weaker. lack an edge or something. too melodic, not enough raw energy, but the song writing doesn't reflect that.

Llamas
09-13-2006, 11:30 PM
hmm... to me, they're both very melodic albums, with less of an edge than the ones before... I thought both albums found the perfect balance (before were a little too raw and unmelodic, afterward lost the energy and focused on melodies), but we all hear different things.

ninthlayer
09-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Art of Drowning > Black Sails in the Sunset and Endy is a fag.

..but I will agree that AOD did have some pretty weak tracks and some really horrible parts in otherwise amazing songs (think one big dark room).

JohnnyNemesis
09-14-2006, 07:41 PM
some really horrible parts in otherwise amazing songs (think one big dark room).

YES! oh god, I agree so much. That song is phenomenal except for that particularly faggy part.

ninthlayer
09-14-2006, 07:42 PM
True story, I always think about skipping forward when that part drops in.

Llamas
09-14-2006, 08:03 PM
I like that part cause it makes me think of Beetlejuice, which is an amazing movie.

ninthlayer
09-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Respect meter drop inc.

Llamas
09-14-2006, 08:08 PM
no beetlejuice?? I'm not saying that that part of the song is GOOD by any means... it's actually really shitty... but the fact that it makes me think of beetlejuice rox.

ninthlayer
09-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Usage of rox in a non-satirical way = further respect meter plunge.

Llamas
09-14-2006, 11:46 PM
I only use words like "rox" out of sheer ridiculousness. I hate when people intentionally mispell words to be "cool" or whatever. so while not truly satirical, I used it mockingly... like the rare occasion when I say "wtf" in real life. these aren't normal parts of my vocabulary... why am I explaning this? u sux.

Tigger Army
09-15-2006, 10:55 AM
I hate when people intentionally mispell words to be "cool" or whatever.

I think you mean to be kewl

Llamas
09-15-2006, 01:49 PM
kewliez!!!

Whiplash
09-15-2006, 02:08 PM
U suk 4 NT lykin smal TRU PUNX words lyk KEWL

I know I know reeking of try and fail.

RickyCrack
09-15-2006, 02:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/ricky2tone/kickfag-1.jpg

Pathfinder, every time you manage to find a way to piss me off this piX will be posted. I hope this allows you to forcefully learn faster.

Whiplash
09-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Do you actualy think care/give a fuck about that picture?

RickyCrack
09-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Obviously you care.

Whiplash
09-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm just so happy that you took the time out of you're so buisy schedule to make that picture about me.

Thank you o so much.

RickyCrack
09-15-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm more than happy to oblige tryhard kickfag.

Whiplash
09-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Just keep on spreading that love!!!
Spread the love!!! brother spread it world wide.

RickyCrack
09-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Can't throw out the insults now that you can't copy somebody else?

Whiplash
09-15-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm not trying to insult you or anything. But i can see you are, and let me tell you, You are doing a pretty shit job at it.:p

RickyCrack
09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
I would say I'm doing a fine job since you keep replying.

Whiplash
09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm just enjoying this conversation.

0r4ng3
09-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Can either of you relate this all to AFI somehow? That will be interesting.

RickyCrack
09-15-2006, 02:57 PM
There is no conversation here. Only you being called out for the copy cat you are, and you avoiding that point.

and afi is horrible.

Whiplash
09-15-2006, 02:57 PM
What do i copy, and from who?

Edit: Trying to insult isn't nearly as fun as it was when i whas pathfinder right.
I just don't get worked up about this kind of stuff anymore.

Tigger Army
09-15-2006, 03:13 PM
come on whiplash! Was (Whas) with an H??? Twice??

Llamas
09-15-2006, 03:20 PM
There is no conversation here. Only you being called out for the copy cat you are, and you avoiding that point.

and afi is horrible.

I feel left out cause I'm not in that photo. :(

Tigger Army
09-15-2006, 03:25 PM
don't feel bad, I'm not in it either

DeAtHsTaR
09-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Can either of you relate this all to AFI somehow? That will be interesting.
The quality of this thread is constantly slipping downward since about the halfway point, much like AFI's discography.

Tigger Army
09-15-2006, 03:40 PM
The quality of this thread is constantly slipping downward since about the halfway point, much like AFI's career.

I doubt their career is going downwards. The music is, but the money's going up and I'd see therefor the career is going up.

HeadAroundU
09-15-2006, 03:47 PM
"Endlessly, she said" is a fuckin' class! What you guys think?

DeAtHsTaR
09-15-2006, 03:48 PM
I doubt their career is going downwards. The music is, but the money's going up and I'd see therefor the career is going up.

Touche, edited.

Llamas
09-15-2006, 03:48 PM

correct. their career is peaking... the quality of their music is suffering, but that's not what counts in career- money is what counts.

All About Eve
09-15-2006, 05:01 PM
"Endlessly, she said" is a fuckin' class! What you guys think?
Off of Decemberunderground I like Love Like Winter, 37mm, and a couple others, but that one's good too.

ninthlayer
09-15-2006, 05:28 PM
The only songs from decemberunderground that blow royal ass are Kill Caustic and Miss Murder.

JohnnyNemesis
09-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Fuck you. Kill Caustic is awesome, third best track on the album (37mm and Summer Shudder ftw).

The Missing Frame is good until the chorus comes, and then it's too fucking pussy for me. Same with The Killing Lights and Kiss and Control. Both good, but some parts reach new levels of pussification.

Oh, and ALL of the song titles are disgraceful, I feel. No matter how good the songs are, "Endlessly, She Said", "Kiss and Control", and a few others have horrendous song titles.

I still really like the album though.

All About Eve
09-15-2006, 05:30 PM
The only songs from decemberunderground that blow royal ass are Kill Caustic and Miss Murder.
I agree with Kill Caustic, but I find Miss Murder alright, although it's definitely not as good as the rest of the album.

The Missing Frame is good until the chorus comes, and then it's too fucking pussy for me. Same with The Killing Lights and Kiss and Control. Both good, but some parts reach new levels of pussification.
Agreed. I kind of credit to Davey's vocal problems, but still, goddamn.

ninthlayer
09-15-2006, 06:12 PM
It's okay Rick, AFI isn't black music so you being confused about what songs are good/mediocre is well within the parameters of your racial understanding. Kill Caustic is a very generic "Look at me, I'm screaming!" song whereas The Missing Frame is actually the best song on the album, what with its epic/anthemic feel, ridiculous fun "ooooohs", catchy chorus, and oddball drop of the band's name.

XYlophonetreeZ
09-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Kill Caustic is a very generic "Look at me, I'm screaming!" song
How do you say that about Kill Caustic but not Affliction? At least Kill Caustic has a melodic, catchy chorus. Affliction's chorus is weak-ass.

ninthlayer
09-15-2006, 07:19 PM
I tend to forget Affliction exists.

When I listen to decemberunderground it's usually like this:
Prelude 12/21 (because it's essentially an AFI hip-hop song) -> skip Kill Caustic/Miss Murder -> listen to Summer Shudder/Love Like Winter -> not being paying much attention to the fact that the album is still playing by the time Affliction comes around -> notice that I'm listening to the Missing Frame -> possibly skip Kiss and Control because I just really don't feel it -> listen to the rest of the album -> roffle to myself when Sk8r Boi comes up next on my mp3 player.

All About Eve
09-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Actually, that's almost exactly how the album goes for me. Except I don't know a couple of the middle tracks by name.

0r4ng3
09-15-2006, 08:16 PM
I should give the album another listen. The only songs that I've liked at one point or another were Kill Caustic, Miss Murder, Affliction, The Killing Lights, and 37mm.

ninthlayer
09-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Actually, that's almost exactly how the album goes for me. Except I don't know a couple of the middle tracks by name.

I was going through them on my mp3 player as I typed that.

Llamas
09-15-2006, 11:28 PM
for me, the album goes:
prelude is pretty good, I listen to it -> kill caustic is my favorite song on the album... I love the guitarwork in it and the pre-chorus -> tune out miss murder and summer shudder, forget the album's playing, notice it's playing during the dialing-a-phone sounds and get annoyed, tune out the interview until the chorus, which I like a lot and remember the album's on -> get annoyed by love like winter, and often turn the album off... if I keep listening -> listen to affliction, but find it really boring and unoriginal -> like the beginning of missing frame, but quickly get bored and tune it out till the pre-chorus which is okay... then the chorus bores me and I tune it out again -> kiss and control is second best song on the album, the intro is super cool, so if I haven't turned the album off yet, I listen to it -> tune out killing light... its structure is too typical and blends in too much -> listen to the last couple songs distantly. then when the album's over, I feel empty and wonder why I listened to the album.

ninthlayer
09-16-2006, 03:47 PM
llamas, that's horrible.

IAmARevenant
09-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I love the album. It's probably my second favorite, next to Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes.

ninthlayer
09-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Thank you for contributing so well to this thread.

IAmARevenant
09-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Thank you for contributing so well to this thread.
at least you didn't call me a fag this time.

ninthlayer
09-16-2006, 04:45 PM
It's implied, faggot.

But really, tell use more of this Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes cd. Is it a rarity?

IAmARevenant
09-16-2006, 06:51 PM
It's implied, faggot.

But really, tell use more of this Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes cd. Is it a rarity?
first of all, I really like decemberunderground, and I'm not a fag because I do. everyone has opinions.

and Shut Your Mouth is AFI's third CD. Sounds nothing like they do now. Easily their best CD

ninthlayer
09-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Please, go on.

Llamas
09-16-2006, 06:54 PM
first of all, I really like decemberunderground, and I'm not a fag because I do. everyone has opinions.

and Shut Your Mouth is AFI's third CD. Sounds nothing like they do now. Easily their best CD

shut your mouth is tru punx, just like the distillers. decemberunderground is 4 pozurz.

IAmARevenant
09-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Please, go on.
first of all, DU is soft, melodic stuff, while Shut Your Mouth is angry, fast, and Davey screaming alot.

ninthlayer
09-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Please tell me about this Shut Your Mouth album, I've never heard of anything by AFI before Sing the Sorrow.

Llamas
09-16-2006, 07:50 PM
you stupid, AFI's the best new artist of 2006... decemberunderground is their debut! dummyhead.

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-16-2006, 09:12 PM
I still stick by my comment being AFI've turned shit after all hallows

JohnnyNemesis
09-16-2006, 09:13 PM

Don't worry, we still stick by our decision to not respect anything you say because you're a fucking idiot.

0r4ng3
09-16-2006, 09:16 PM

Oh shit, you thought we were being serious in that other thread?

Um, I mean...

decemberunderground is not trupunx! afi is gay! :mad: :rolleyes:

Llamas
09-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Oh shit, you thought we were being serious in that other thread?

Um, I mean...

decemberunderground is not trupunx! afi is gay! :mad: :rolleyes:

you thought he was playing along?

DeAtHsTaR
09-16-2006, 11:09 PM
It's weird how so many people talk about All Hallows. It was good and all, but come on, it only had like 4 songs.

Tigger Army
09-17-2006, 12:54 AM
it had four songs yes. so what's your point? No one claimed it to be a full album

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-17-2006, 01:07 AM
It's weird how so many people talk about All Hallows. It was good and all, but come on, it only had like 4 songs.

it had four songs yes. so what's your point? No one claimed it to be a full album

The man's got a point, it is almost like one person saying "'Stairway To Heaven' is a great song." and another saying "I don't see what the big deal is, it is only one song."

All About Eve
09-17-2006, 06:30 AM
for me, the album goes:
Don't make me hate you:(

DeAtHsTaR
09-17-2006, 10:27 AM
The man's got a point, it is almost like one person saying "'Stairway To Heaven' is a great song." and another saying "I don't see what the big deal is, it is only one song."

It's just that everybody speaks of it as a full album and such a pivotal point in AFI's career. It really sounds like Black Sails or Art of Drowning to me.

Tigger Army
09-17-2006, 12:53 PM
black sails maybe, art of drowning definitely not

Llamas
09-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Don't make me hate you:(
how does that make you hate me?

and I think all hallow's sounds quite a bit like black sails and art of drowning (I think those two sound very similar in themselves).

Endymion
09-17-2006, 02:16 PM
well, at least tigger army and i are on the same page with art of drowning sounding completely different than black sails.

Llamas
09-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Atleast you both fail at life.

But in all seriousness, of all of AFI's songs, if you threw those two albums in a playlist and hit random, besides my favorite songs, I'd have no idea what album most of the songs were from. Same with Very Proud of Ya, Shut Your Mouth, and Answer That.

Ninty Man
09-17-2006, 04:43 PM

So???????????????????????????????????????????

JohnnyNemesis
09-17-2006, 04:45 PM
But in all seriousness, of all of AFI's songs, if you threw those two albums in a playlist and hit random, besides my favorite songs, I'd have no idea what album most of the songs were from. Same with Very Proud of Ya, Shut Your Mouth, and Answer That.

Sounds more like you just have lazy ears than anything.

Llamas
09-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Sounds more like you just have lazy ears than anything.

false. There are probably a hundred albums/songs you could put in without telling me what one it is, where I could tell you the band, album name, song title, and what track number the song is within seconds.

ninthlayer
09-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Shenanigans.

Black Sails in the Sunset and Art of Drowning are most definitely distinguishable from one another (has it been a while since you've actually listened to the two?). I disagree with Endy and Tigger as to which is better, however.

As for the whole Answer That/Very Proud/Shut Your Mouth comment you must be joking. Answer That/Very Proud, sure, fine, they even have like 3 songs that are on both albums. Interchangeable, whatever. But Shut Your Mouth? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

All About Eve
09-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Shut Your Mouth was totally different than the first two, fact. I like them all about the same, though.

Llamas
09-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Shenanigans.

[quote]Black Sails in the Sunset and Art of Drowning are most definitely distinguishable from one another (has it been a while since you've actually listened to the two?). I disagree with Endy and Tigger as to which is better, however.

holy shit... I don't remember making that post about them sounding the same... I know I'm sick with the flu now, but I didn't think I was that out of it. I've been arguing this whole time that they don't sound the same... and I definitely don't think they do. I retract my earlier post. :-/

As for the whole Answer That/Very Proud/Shut Your Mouth comment you must be joking. Answer That/Very Proud, sure, fine, they even have like 3 songs that are on both albums. Interchangeable, whatever. But Shut Your Mouth? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

also not sure where that post came from. I haven't listened to any of those albums enough times to know if I could distinguish them. So I guess that probably means I couldn't... but it's not cause they're similar then, it's cause I haven't listened enough.

I also don't know why I replied to JN's post. This thread is full of me not being happy now. :( *goes back to bed*

0r4ng3
09-17-2006, 07:25 PM
After listening to songs on both albums, I finally am starting to see the difference between Black Sails and Drowning. I like them both about the same, though.

ninthlayer
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
omg, BLACK SAILS IS AN EP U NUB! TEH ALBUM IS BLAKC SAILZ EN TEH SUNSET!@##^

0r4ng3
09-17-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm fully aware of that. If I wanted to say "Black Sails EP", I would say "Black Sails EP".

Y'know what? From now on I'll just refer to it as "Sunset".

ninthlayer
09-17-2006, 07:38 PM
ur a liar adn prolly gay

JohnnyNemesis
09-17-2006, 08:46 PM
I also don't know why I replied to JN's post. This thread is full of me not being happy now. :( *goes back to bed*

lolz, feel better FAGQ!

As for Black Sails in the Sunset (lol fuk u whitey u wil not catch me) and The Art of Drowning sounding similar, I definitely hear it, but they're nowhere near indistinguishable and definitely have distinct sounds and styles.

Examples: Clove Smoke Catharsis and 6 to 8, not because they're both slower songs, but because of the way each build up to their choruseseseses. No Poetic Device and Catch a Hot One are also quite similar, but Catch a Hot One definitely creates its own identity and can sorta be seen as the establishment of what AFI was leading to with Black Sails in the Sunset.

etc. etc. etc. Davey Havok is gayaz; btw.

0r4ng3
09-17-2006, 08:49 PM
I think that the major difference between Drowning and Sunset is that Drowning has "radio friendly" songs like The Days of the Phoenix and, arguably, Of Greetings and Goodbyes. Also, someone mentioned that Sunset's song titles aren't as crazy.

Edit: more liek, GAYvey havok, rite?

JohnnyNemesis
09-17-2006, 08:52 PM
u r so rite!!!!

Also, I just want to repeat since you said it, so many AFI song titles are just horrendous and always have been. So fucking horribly pretentious. ARGH.

0r4ng3
09-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I realized that. How many of their songs are actually taken from the lyrics? There's...

Miss Murder
Love Like Winter
The Killing Lights
Dancing Through Sunday
Fall Children

Uh, that's all I can think of.

All About Eve
09-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Endlessly, She Said

Although it's the other way around.

ninthlayer
09-17-2006, 08:58 PM
blakc ppl always steel my funz :( :( :(

I think the greatest sin (other than one big dark room) AFI has ever committed against their fans was naming their sixth album Sing the Sorrow. Seriously, that name is wholly ridiculous and way too mall gothy for any decent person's taste.

Did anyone ever see Clandestine? I want my moniez back for that one.

Llamas
09-17-2006, 08:59 PM
I wanna mohawk

I think the song titles on black sails in the sunset are horrible. most are in latin and just make no sense.

All About Eve
09-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I think they Sould have named it Miseria Cantare, like the opening track. It loosely means Sing miserable in Latin; so actually Miseriam Cantara would have been better, but yeah.

Either way, I don't mind StS that much, although it does kind of give a bad impression on the album.

Llamas
09-17-2006, 09:01 PM
I think the greatest sin (other than one big dark room) AFI has ever committed against their fans was naming their sixth album Sing the Sorrow. Seriously, that name is wholly ridiculous and way too mall gothy for any decent person's taste.

Sing the Sorrow is the worst album name they've ever come up with. The Art of Drowning is almost as bad.

All About Eve
09-17-2006, 09:02 PM
most are in latin and just make no sense.
They do if you know Latin.

0r4ng3
09-17-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm actually going through the discography now, looking for non-pretentious song titles.

I Wanna Get a Mowhawk (but Mom Won't Let Me Get One)
High School Football Hero
Silver and Cold

That's about it. Wow.

All About Eve
09-17-2006, 09:03 PM
How is Silver and Cold on the list?

Edit: Cereal Wars? A Single Second? there are a lot more, Jesse.

0r4ng3
09-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Doesn't he say "Silver and Cold" somewhere in the song?

Edit: Yes, it does. I'm listening to the song, and I literally just heard it.

Llamas
09-17-2006, 09:04 PM
They do if you know Latin.

sorry I meant "in latin OR don't make sense". not and.

ninthlayer
09-17-2006, 09:09 PM
The first three albums didn't have pretentious titles at all.

And no one has responded to me asking about Clandestine. You're all faggots.

Llamas
09-17-2006, 09:46 PM
The first three albums didn't have pretentious titles at all.

And no one has responded to me asking about Clandestine. You're all faggots.

you paid to see clandestine? don't talk to me ever again.

ninthlayer
09-17-2006, 09:55 PM
I bought the special edition album complete with dvd, fag ass.

XYlophonetreeZ
09-17-2006, 10:03 PM
I actually kinda like song titles that aren't immediately obvious. But only if it actually has something to do with the song. And I think most of AFI's titles do. I just think the problem lies in the lyrics themselves. The lyrics, not the song titles, are what should be attacked for being pretentious. If they weren't, then I might actually know why the songs are called what they are. Or stuff.

Minus the Bear's song titles, on the other hand, often have nothing to do with the song, but they're not pretentious. They're goofy. Especially the older ones. They were funny at first, but really it's kinda stupid. I don't get the point in song titles that have nothing to do with the song itself. But just because they don't mention the title in the song by no means makes it a pretentious title.

I bought the special edition album complete with dvd, fag ass.
Lawlz, I watched it on YouTube 4 FRrEEE!

And Clandestine. Man. THAT was pretentious. Like, criminally pretentious. FUCK.

Llamas
09-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Lawlz, I watched it on YouTube 4 FRrEEE!

exactly d00dz. ninth is a sucka no doubt.

ninthlayer
09-18-2006, 01:11 AM
I have a small collection of music memorabilia and the cd/dvd Sing the Sorrow fit in nicely.

I'm not checking for spelling errors, i yr drubnk :(
(but i will edit to remove smilies) lololololololo,fags

Llamas
09-18-2006, 02:42 AM
You still got screwed. You fail.

Why did you want us to ask you about it, anyway? So you could complain that you wasted your money? I don't really get it...

ninthlayer
09-18-2006, 04:13 AM
lololololol, read the thread. I didn't want people to ask me about it, I wanted to know if anyone else bought it/had seen it. The dvd itself is overwhelming piss-poor, but the book is actually really neat and I enjoy the artistic styling of it. I didn't get screwed and I own something that had a limited release. Blow.

Manic Subsidal Boy
09-18-2006, 04:26 AM
what do the misfits and afi have in common?

Tigger Army
09-18-2006, 08:20 AM
what do the misfits and afi have in common?

they're both overrated mediocre bands!

H1T_That
09-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Love Like Winter video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns4pUhZ_3PQ

Not to ruin it for all of you, but Davey dies.

JohnnyNemesis
09-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Jesus, what a bunch of fuckin' fags.

I really really love that song though.

H1T_That
09-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Is it just me, or at certain angles int he video does Davey look like a russian cold war solider?

0r4ng3
09-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Is it just me, or at certain angles int he video does Davey look like a russian cold war solider?
Do you mean when the camera's on the side with the short hair?

Llamas
09-29-2006, 12:43 PM
That video was so boring. And it also sets in stone that Davey Havok is totally gay and a complete asshole.

Tigger Army
09-29-2006, 12:51 PM
and a complete asshole.

Really? Why? What makes him an asshole?

cool 2 hate 681
09-29-2006, 06:08 PM
not to ask a personal question but
i have wondered for years is davey havok really gay and is he in a relationship with anyone???

i know that sounded really gay but i am not a homosexual just to clear that up

XYlophonetreeZ
09-29-2006, 06:31 PM
Am I the only one that kinda liked the video? Sure, Davey looked fagoriffic with his stupid eyelash extensions and it was totally cliche and predictable that he drowns, but it had a pretty nice atmosphere and fit the song well.

HeadAroundU
09-29-2006, 06:54 PM
That video was so boring. And it also sets in stone that Davey Havok is totally gay and a complete asshole.
:( :(

not to ask a personal question but
i have wondered for years is davey havok really gay and is he in a relationship with anyone???

Yes, he is gay. I heard that his boyfriend is Elton John now.

I love that song and they made a decent video. Also, I would rather see the video situated in summer. Shiny video with lots of icecream.

0r4ng3
09-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Really? Why? What makes him an asshole?
The whole "drowning" thing. Only assholes drown. In ice, no less. The ice makes it gay.

Llamas
09-29-2006, 08:21 PM
also, only assholes use blue themes in their videos, duh. plus snow and ice = homo.

JohnnyNemesis
09-30-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm not sure if he's gay, but it seems clear to me that you totally are.

0r4ng3
09-30-2006, 07:22 AM
I just realized this morning why "Prelude 12/21" got its name. I was thinking "hmm, what could it mean? It looks like a date". A minute later, I was all "zomg it's the first day of winter zomg!".

Of course, with less "zomg".

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
09-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Oh dear....not even 4 days after the LLW video premiere and it's #1 on fucking TRL. Shit.

offspringing
09-30-2006, 08:39 AM

I just realized this morning why "Prelude 12/21" got its name. I was thinking "hmm, what could it mean? It looks like a date". A minute later, I was all "zomg it's the first day of winter zomg!".

Of course, with less "zomg".

no hes not gay he said it a million time just because they way he dresses doesnt make him gay.

and you have half of it right yes its the first day of winter but its also the date when the world would end according to shit i forgot who

All About Eve
09-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Dude, he has a fashion line called "Glitter Boy". I think he's gay.

Am I the only one that kinda liked the video? Sure, Davey looked fagoriffic with his stupid eyelash extensions and it was totally cliche and predictable that he drowns, but it had a pretty nice atmosphere and fit the song well.
Which video?

cool 2 hate 681
09-30-2006, 01:43 PM

im not but i was just wondering because sometimes he looks and acts it if you don't know what im talking about look at their kroq weenie roast 2006 performance when he talks about dave grohl from the foo fighters

Llamas
09-30-2006, 01:53 PM

h8. :(:(:(

ninthlayer
09-30-2006, 08:51 PM
not to ask a personal question
Then don't, faggot.

but i have wondered for years is davey havok really gay and is he in a relationship with anyone???

Obsessing for years = homocrush.

no hes not gay he said it a million time just because they way he dresses doesnt make him gay.
Fag.

Dude, he has a fashion line called "Glitter Boy".
Had, that shit is defunct now. From what I hear, it was deemed "too gay" to be continued.

h8
Fag.

H1T_That
10-01-2006, 03:15 AM
Do you mean when the camera's on the side with the short hair?

Thats exactly what i mean.

H1T_That
10-01-2006, 03:18 AM
kroq weenie roast 2006 performance

Kroq Weenie Roast?

If thats not a gay festival, i don't know what is.

Llamas
10-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Fag.

why do you be so mean to me? :(

Endymion
10-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Kroq Weenie Roast?

If thats not a gay festival, i don't know what is.

it is a total fagfest full of fag bands that only fags would listen to.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
10-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Which video?

Love Like Winter video.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Then don't, faggot.

Obsessing for years = homocrush.

Fag.

Had, that shit is defunct now. From what I hear, it was deemed "too gay" to be continued.

Fag.

you fuck fag your self i fucking hate you and hope you die i fucking know this shit for a fact you ass hole how dare you go around calling people names i bet your the fucking cock sucker your self fucking faggot burn in hell i hope you get seleted i sure as hell would delet you off this bored fucking fag die

0r4ng3
10-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Geez, someone missed their naptime.

Endymion
10-02-2006, 09:22 AM
you fuck fag your self i fucking hate you and hope you die i fucking know this shit for a fact you ass hole how dare you go around calling people names i bet your the fucking cock sucker your self fucking faggot burn in hell i hope you get seleted i sure as hell would delet you off this bored fucking fag die
i must say, i was surprised when i looked at your location and didn't see "paptown"

Llamas
10-02-2006, 10:32 AM

what? I am confused by this post. "you fuck fag yourself"... how can you fuck fag yourself? or maybe it was, "you fuck! fag yourself!"... well how do you fag yourself?

also, "yourself" is one word.

also, it's "you're", not "your" (the first time)

also, it's "you", not "your" (the second time)

also, if he's a faggot, how is he self-fucking? faggots usually fuck people of the same gender...

also, what does "seleted" mean? do you mean "selected"? for what?

also, what does "delet" mean?

also, we are posting on a "board". "bored" is what I wasn't when I read your hilarious post!

and last of all, what is fucking fag die?

[/instigation]

offspringing
10-02-2006, 07:25 PM
wow, bro you are really fucking stupid. I think everyone else understood what I was saying. I was in fucking school trying to type it really fast, fucking cock sucker. My english skill will probably surpass your's. I almost got a perfect on my S.A.T. SO FUCK OFF COCK SUCKER!

0r4ng3
10-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Dude, change your tampon.

Anyway, back to topic. Uh...um...

What song would make a good next video/single? Personally, I would like to see 37mm, but I know it's not gonna happen.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 07:32 PM
they said something about kill caustic

0r4ng3
10-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Actually, that's not a bad idea. I figured they would have either that or Affliction as the last single of the album.

Llamas
10-02-2006, 07:35 PM
wow, bro you are really fucking stupid. I think everyone else understood what I was saying. I was in fucking school trying to type it really fast, fucking cock sucker. My english skill will probably surpass your's. I almost got a perfect on my S.A.T. SO FUCK OFF COCK SUCKER!

lol. Oh, you were in school, so of course your sentences make no sense. And you're at school, so you have no TIME, but you have time to be on a message board... yes, logical! And your english skillS are definitely not beyond mine (your's? lol!) And almost perfect on the SAT? What was your score, hmm?

Oh, and the SAT score doesn't tell you how good or bad someone's grammar is.

Llamas
10-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Actually, that's not a bad idea. I figured they would have either that or Affliction as the last single of the album.

Kill Caustic is the best song on the album, so I hope they release that. They won't, though, because it's not pop-radio friendly enough.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Are you shiting me? bro the essay part! and fag im in mount saint mary I would love to see you get into it; I also got accepted to BU. I was on and but then i had to rush so I can make my class.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Oh and my score was 1920

XYlophonetreeZ
10-02-2006, 07:49 PM
I think Summer Shudder and The Killing Lights are the most likely remaining song to be singles, though I'd really love to hear 37mm.

0r4ng3
10-02-2006, 07:50 PM
I'd like to see The Killing Lights, because that's the only "radio-friendly" song that sounds closest to their older stuff. By "older stuff", I mean Sing the Sorrow.

JohnnyNemesis
10-02-2006, 08:10 PM
37mm is the best song on the album, but Summer Shudder is easily the most radio-friendly song on the album, by far. So I predict that'll be the next single/video.

And let's stay on topic.

Endymion
10-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh and my score was 1920

isn't a perfect on the new one a 2400? if so, i'm sure the math score was a good chunk of the missing points.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Shit your right. lol I thought it was out of 2100 and I took it 3 years ago. And yeah i didn't do so good on my math part.

JohnnyNemesis
10-02-2006, 08:20 PM
The SATs are a complete joke anyway, so fuck that. On topic!

WebDudette
10-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Yes, yes it is. Before that the perfect score was 1,600 I believe.

The video is mediocre it fits the song well but I just don't like it.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 08:23 PM
They prob wont put another song out. apparently they made like 100 songs and i heard that they might just make another cd like beck.

0r4ng3
10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
They made 100 songs? Even if each one is a single idea and not a complete song, that's still a lot for 4 months.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah i saw the interview somewhere

T-6005
10-02-2006, 08:32 PM
isn't a perfect on the new one a 2400? if so, i'm sure the math score was a good chunk of the missing points.
Most definitely. The best approximation of a 1920 on the old SAT is a 1250 or something. Which isn't an impressive score by any standards.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Well for only taking it once. It doesn't really matter I got in to the college of my choice and next year im transferring to BU

coke_a_holic
10-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Most definitely. The best approximation of a 1920 on the old SAT is a 1250 or something. Which isn't an impressive score by any standards.

1920 isn't that bad, I think 1900 is when you're considered an acceptable human being or something.

Still, the kid's a loser.

And I don't like the video. The song is cool and all, but the video was pretty lame.

0r4ng3
10-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, that makes me feel better about my 1200.:(

offspringing
10-02-2006, 08:43 PM
1920 isn't that bad, I think 1900 is when you're considered an acceptable human being or something.

Still, the kid's a loser.

And I don't like the video. The song is cool and all, but the video was pretty lame.

your the fucking loser that is 15 years old, you know nothing. I bet your one of them fag kids that hang around the school and think your so cool. go to bed its past your bed time.

offspringing
10-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Well, that makes me feel better about my 1200.:(

no he doesn't know what he's talking about, if you get over a 1000 thats good. if you can't get over a 1000 then your retarded.

coke_a_holic
10-02-2006, 08:45 PM
your the fucking loser that is 15 years old, you know nothing. I bet your one of them fag kids that hang around the school and think your so cool. go to bed its past your bed time.

I'm not the one picking fights with high schoolers because of an inferiority complex. :)

Endymion
10-02-2006, 08:49 PM
look, your SAT score is pathetic. you're pathetic. your future is bleak.

ps: does your garage have rafters?

offspringing
10-02-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm not the one picking fights with high schoolers because of an inferiority complex. :)

lol an inferiority complex, you have it wrong more like a god complex, yes i know its bad but i do feel like i am better then you and that im at a higher education then you would ever be at.

get it right, go look up what it exactly means

coke_a_holic
10-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Thank you for proving my point, sir, have a nice day.

Endymion
10-02-2006, 08:53 PM
lol an inferiority complex, you have it wrong more like a god complex, yes i know its bad but i do feel like i am better then you and that im at a higher education then you would ever be at.

get it right, go look up what it exactly means

i graduate in may with a BS in physics and a BS in computer science, emphasis on theoretical for both. i've got publications in experimental physics and pending publications in emperical computer science. i'm going to either stanford or caltech for a PhD come next fall.

you fucking fail.