PDA

View Full Version : Green Day New Album?

jrk247
02-12-2006, 01:37 AM
I was wondering if Green Day is ever going to make a new album anytime soon, because American Idiot is getting old, overplayed, overrated, and annoying!

bd007h
02-12-2006, 02:21 AM
this should be posted in the official green day thread

Camilamazed
02-12-2006, 02:32 AM
What he said /\

I do hope Green day come comes with a new album totally different from AI so we can forget all this....

Yeah, I'm tired of this whole crap, although GD is one of my favorite bands...

noodlesisalliwant
02-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I'd like it to be in a more Insomniac style approach, Not something like American Idiot which is in my opinion too overplayed and overrated. I love Green Day, but their older stuff, such as Kerplunk and Insomniac. Yeah this should really be in the Green Day thread though.

Andy
02-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Something productive about Green Day in the Green Day thread? Are you mad?! That thread is meant for people talking about how superior a band the Offspring is. Duh.

Drummerguy123
02-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Seriously! Why would we put it in that thread? :rolleyes:

Revolver-2005?
02-12-2006, 09:26 AM
The only direction I want Greenday to take with their next album is the one that's walking away from it

jacknife737
02-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Warning Part 2 is the only way to go.

0r4ng3
02-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Green Day had officially ended touring and are working on a new album. They're currently in the writing process.

There are also rumors that they're re-recording the stolen demo tapes of "Cigarettes and Valentines", the album that was supposed to follow Warning. This is most likely not true, though.

Drummerguy123
02-12-2006, 01:38 PM
I have a feeling that this next album is going to flop all hardcore-like. Seriously, think about it. They just released a huge album so the expectations are going to be really high. The same thing happened to The Offspring after both Smash and Americana. I dunno, maybe they won't. One thing is for sure, though, they can't write another American Idiot.

Andy
02-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Everyone who's a fan of Green Day wants to see the next CD as being a hark back to the Dookie/Insomniac days. Unfortunately, I have a very bad feeling that they're going to stick with this new anti-establishment agenda. I hope I'm wrong.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Everyone who's a fan of Green Day wants to see the next CD as being a hark back to the Dookie/Insomniac days. Unfortunately, I have a very bad feeling that they're going to stick with this new anti-establishment agenda. I hope I'm wrong.
Actually, I want them to go back even earlier.

0r4ng3
02-12-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm thinking something like Nimrod, except it won't suck.

bouncingcoles
02-13-2006, 08:38 AM
they probobly wont be thinking about a new album for atleast another year and a half.

Yatesy
02-13-2006, 10:24 AM
I have a feeling that this next album is going to flop all hardcore-like. Seriously, think about it. They just released a huge album so the expectations are going to be really high. The same thing happened to The Offspring after both Smash and Americana. I dunno, maybe they won't. One thing is for sure, though, they can't write another American Idiot.

Yeah I agree with that, what-ever they do next will never have the same amount of success as American Idiot, regardless of how good it is.

Never Gonna Find Me
02-13-2006, 11:19 AM
I want another Nimrod. album. I think it is so great and shows the variety of songs that they can play.
I also want to hear what Cigarettes And Valentines sounded like. It would be great to compare it to American Idiot.