PDA

View Full Version : Credit card rewards?

GBH2
12-08-2004, 02:31 PM
what if you payed your credit card debts off with another credit card? If it's legal, thats the perfect way to get free stuff!

lousyskater
12-08-2004, 02:33 PM
it's impossible to get more credit cards if you have unpaid credit card debts.

GBH2
12-08-2004, 02:36 PM
no, you take a credit card you already have

...actually this could never ever work...

wliethof
12-08-2004, 02:40 PM
well if you have 2 credit cards, and you pay off one with the other.. the other will be in debt. so nope.

Betty
12-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Well, once you starting getting half decent credit, a million credit card companies will try and give you their card.

And if you owe one card, but it hasn't gotten to the point where you're in debt (like, you're not past the due date, or you've paid the minimum payments), you're credit rating will still be fine, you can pay it off with a new card, and continue doing that for quite a while.

Lars
12-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Well over in the UK, they just like to throw credit cards at young people so that they can spend far too much and then have to repay slowly. Unfortunately for my credit card company I've never paid them any interest, but then I also use mine differently compared to most people I know.

Linda
12-08-2004, 04:51 PM
what if you payed your credit card debts off with another credit card? If it's legal, thats the perfect way to get free stuff!

Not a smart thing to do. Nothing in life is free. You pay off a card with another card, you still owe that money, just to a different credit card company. Credit cards are a very good way to get into so much debt you can't get out. Finance charges can kill you.

DUKESTER76
12-08-2004, 04:54 PM
actually some credit cards have a different plan that goes on using their card to pay for another card, so i recommend you look into it. and also use the one with less interest to pay the one with higher interest if not you will screw yourself over.

Linda
12-08-2004, 04:55 PM
You'll end up screwing yourself over anyway. The credit card company will get you one way or the other.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah, they'll send the Flying Monkeys at you or something.

Linda
12-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Joke, my friend, but some day you'll understand.