PDA

View Full Version : MY room totally kicks YOUR room's butt!

JoY
02-12-2006, 08:39 AM
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8069/spa02312lr.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8157/spa02336pl.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3185/spa02349ux.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9152/spa02350jr.jpg

I'm not standing on the same spot, turning around, but basically I moved around a little bit to get every angle of my room in the pictures. more coming up!

Sunny
02-12-2006, 08:42 AM
gee, bella, so messy :P

but it's cute. ;D

JoY
02-12-2006, 08:43 AM
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2471/spa02365tr.jpg

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/757/spa02379mc.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/616/spa02389xs.jpg

aaand we've gone round. as for the view out the window... (very interesting)

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3183/spa02408nt.jpg

Tizzalicious
02-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Oooh, definitely an improvement! The bed doesn't fill up the entire room anymore! :)

JoY
02-12-2006, 08:47 AM
gee, bella, so messy :P

but it's cute. ;D
but.. but.. I cleaned it all up, vacuum-cleaned & even did the dishes before taking pictures! *crys* maybe it's the style of the room. it's kind of 'classic' (?) & not at all stylish & modern. which I think you like a lot too.

either way, thanks. =D

JoY
02-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Oooh, definitely an improvement! The bed doesn't fill up the entire room anymore! :)
yay! I can actually sit & walk around!

I just realised how tiny my room looks in the pictures, because you can't see how much space there is on the floor in any of them, because I moved around so much. err yeah. anyway, let me tell you, there's enough space there to drink yourself completely slushed together with 7 fellow 1337-boardmembers.

Sunny
02-12-2006, 08:52 AM
but.. but.. I cleaned it all up, vacuum-cleaned & even did the dishes before taking pictures! *crys* maybe it's the style of the room. it's kind of 'classic' (?) & not at all stylish & modern. which I think you like a lot too.

either way, thanks. =D

i don't like super clean-looking, sterile spaces anyway.. cuz they don't look like people actually live there. =p my room currently looks like a hurricane went through it. THE SUNNY HURRICANEEE.

man your apartment gets a lot of light. grrr. and i like how your bed goes into the wall. aw.

JoY
02-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I couldn't agree with you more. sterile is NOT my thing. except when I've been having anatomy practical classes. *raises eyebrow* but in bedrooms, it just looks.. deserted, or something. wah, my exboyfriend's mother obsessively cleaned all day & her house was... cold & everything but cozy.

I'm like a hurricane myself. I used to blame my lackage of closet-space & my huge amount of clothes, but now I have *two* closets.. yeah.. I'm expected to keep things clean. but rarr, I just know my room will be a gigantic mess in a few weeks.

I like the light. definitely. I could've chosen a bigger room with one tinywiny window over this one for the same price, but I had to have this one. *nods*

my bed is such a snuggly cuddly place! awz.<3

Sunny
02-12-2006, 09:02 AM
tiny windows blow ass. the ones you have are gorgeous.

and yeah, obsessively cleaned spaces are always really empty feeling. i <3 my mess.

killer_queen
02-12-2006, 09:03 AM
I loved it. Especially the curtains. They're sooo sweet and girly. In fact the whole room screams "it's a girl's room". In a not annoying way.

Preocupado
02-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Very cool room indeed, but it looks like an entire appartment to me. The cuco watch is awesome.

Oh and i have to warn ya, there's a dark ghost in your mirror.

JoY
02-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Very cool room indeed, but it looks like an entire appartment to me. The cuco watch is awesome.

Oh and i have to warn ya, there's a dark ghost in your mirror.
well, it's one room, where I spend most of my day, & together with the kitchen/bathroom & toilet downstairs, it's my studentapartment. cuz, you know.. I need food & I need to stay clean & stuff.

the coocoo clock has a sheep coming out every hour, making sheep-sounds. (except at night, because it has a lightsensor)

ghost? shit, where?
I'm open to the idea my studenthouse is haunted. after all it has a long history (400 years) & there was a girl brutally raped & killed in the basement.

killer_queen, I know! I'm so girly. *giggles* but you should know that this is my first somewhat.. 'serious' room. all others looked like a little girl's room & this looks like a somewhat older girl's room. =)

me & my mom picked out the fabric for the curtains & she made them. so sweet, wee!

Mags - I hate my mess. it always interferes with my daily life. just.. stuff gets lost & stuff breaks/gets all dusty & dirty & stuff is just all over the place, so I can't walk without having to step over a thousand things.... wah, I hate my messiness. but I definitely like it better than obsessive cleanness, or how do you say that?

JoY
02-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Gulsah, forgot to say; check out the sides of the curtains. when we chose the fabric for the curtains, we also picked out the fabric for the couch & bed. so everything matches, colour-wise. if you look at the curtains carefully, you can see that there are bits of fabric from the couch on it. (can't explain it for shit, but hope that you get what I mean anyway)

Nina
02-12-2006, 11:14 PM
THE SUNNY HURRICANEEE

That's SO cute, I wanna hug you now.

& Bella you're probably right, your room is better than mine ;[ pictures later.

Endymion
02-12-2006, 11:17 PM
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/616/spa02389xs.jpg
i love that movie.

Jebus
02-12-2006, 11:25 PM
You have such a nice room. I probably have the plainest room one could think of.

My room:
-bed
-computer desk with computer and chair
-a drawer with a tv on top
-scarface poster
-guitar in corner
-clothes basket
-small trashcan

That's all. No frames or small random decorations.

arak0r
02-12-2006, 11:53 PM
messy room :o

Llamas
02-13-2006, 12:06 AM
hehe joy, I noticed you called it a "studenthouse" and knew you must be from europe :) Amsterdam seems like a sweet place to be. I'm trying to go to Austria next spring.

so you don't live in a full apartment, do you? is that just a dormitory? Is that the only room?

Tizzalicious
02-13-2006, 12:20 AM
hehe joy, I noticed you called it a "studenthouse" and knew you must be from europe :) Amsterdam seems like a sweet place to be. I'm trying to go to Austria next spring.

so you don't live in a full apartment, do you? is that just a dormitory? Is that the only room?

We don't really have houses with dormitories right here. It's like it's a house, and then it's split up in rooms, one room for everyone, and they share the bathroom//kitchen. Sometimes there's a shared livingroom too, but not always.

(If you meant bedroom by dormitory (like...for one person), ignore this)

Llamas
02-13-2006, 12:24 AM
oh that's a really smart way of doing it (though expensive and inefficient when you have tons of students). Seems a lot nicer. No, by dormatory I definitely meant where there's one room that two people share, and it's on a floor with a bunch of other dorms, and there's a public restroom on the floor... there's the common kitchen that the whole building shares... sucky. I did that for one year and had it.

JoY
02-13-2006, 12:39 AM
i love that movie.
me too, heehee. that's why I posted that otherwise rather boring corner of my room.

& omgz u wuv moovies wif tha cutt0rz in them!!!!!!!!11 lakhfalh!~

Nina, I want to see your room! & your undies! :X

Tizz, that's exactly how it is. studenthouse is the best defenition for it, really. this used to be a rather large family house in 1600. in 1700 it got an extra floor, in 1800 they built on another extra floor & then in 1900 it got a new 'front'. then it was made into an office building in the late 1900s. now there's neonlighting everywhere, but as you can see, I pulled those off my ceiling. grrz.

& Amsterdam is the bomb!

T-6005
02-13-2006, 01:27 AM
You're right. It does kick my room's ass. My room sucks, is why.

Rocky-girl
02-13-2006, 01:42 AM
I know I amn't right but I like mess, and really don't care about it. But my mom does. THat's a real problem!

the_GoDdEsS
02-13-2006, 01:56 AM
I call it creative mess. I need it when I am working or studying. When everything is neat and smooth around me, it disturbs me to no end. But only during work.

T-6005
02-13-2006, 01:59 AM
The way I have my room always ends up with the mess being completely subject to the law of gravity. Nothing is on shelves and I have no posters on the walls. I like being able to look around and ignore the mess for the most part. Things end up strewn about on the floor until I need to look for them. Then I just select the appropriate pile and start looking.

arak0r
02-13-2006, 02:50 AM
id post a pic of my room sometime but the obsessive cleanliness would scare you. everything has to be ordered perfectly, lined up right, straight clean. when theres even a tiny mess, i start to spaz out a bit unless i get my attention completely drawn into something.

kamikaze
02-13-2006, 05:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/spitexmalice/room.jpg
*note: my carpet is white now. not that nasty orange.

sorry! my room completely pwns yours. hahah.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-13-2006, 05:13 AM
Holy shit, how do you sleep?

kamikaze
02-13-2006, 05:21 AM
Very happily. Haha.

(yay for more words!)

nieh
02-13-2006, 05:49 AM
My room's pride has been crushed.

Vera
02-13-2006, 05:55 AM
Yeah, that is a pretty kickass room.

*thumbs up*

Nina
02-13-2006, 08:52 AM
I call it creative mess. I need it when I am working or studying. When everything is neat and smooth around me, it disturbs me to no end. But only during work.

That's a very interesting point. I am exactly the opposite: when it's messy I am unable to concentrate. I need to tidy my room first before I start to study.
You'd probably HATE all my working material. It's all neat and horribly organized. Haha.

And Isa, I KNOOOWW. I'll post my undies....AND my room.

JoY
02-13-2006, 02:37 PM
yes, YES. & silence irritates me in the exact same way, when I'm studying. like I'm disrupted by the absense of noise. I like to know that there's being lived in my room. & the silence thing probably just has to do with the fact I like people around me a lot.

kamikaze, there are no words to describe how shocked my eyes are right now. I mean, I like colours. I like bright colours. but that's a LOT of all of it. somehow.. it does work for your room, though. I like. but I couldn't ever live like that. wowza!

nieh - aw. wanna cuddle?

Sanni - thank you. =D

Maria - thanks. =) & the chair thing..? is quite disturbing, if you ask me. reminds me of Cuba, where they pick up your plate before you've finished eating. they see it as polite, but it comes across as rude to me.

yay! Nina-room & Nina-undies!

nieh
02-13-2006, 02:51 PM
nieh - aw. wanna cuddle?

I don't think that will help make my room feel any better but ok.

the_GoDdEsS
02-13-2006, 03:01 PM
yes, YES. & silence irritates me in the exact same way, when I'm studying. like I'm disrupted by the absense of noise. I like to know that there's being lived in my room. & the silence thing probably just has to do with the fact I like people around me a lot.

With silence I am the opposite. I demand absolute silence. No music, no noise, no people talking, no whispering when I'm working on something. The only one allowed to get loud is me. Which I usually do under pressure.

JoY
02-13-2006, 03:21 PM
*cuddles teh nieh*

Sim - the noise thing is rather weird, I know. every person I know demands total silence when studying/working. I don't know why I suck so much at finding an ideal study-situation.

people can talk, but not too loud, because being able to hear what they say could make me follow the conversation & distract me. they can't talk too soft either, or I'll be tempted to make an effort to hear what they say. it can't be quiet, but I can't listen to music with someone singing either. I seem to study most efficiently, when I'm in a crowd & I know I can't possibly follow any of the conversations, so I won't even try.

Tizzalicious
02-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Mess makes me stressy! So unlike you guys, I can't study when it's messy in my room. I like it tidy. Which it usually is, until you open a cabinet. I always stuff everything in drawers and cabinets to make my room look tidy, but there's a risk of things falling on yuor head when you open one. Then once in a while when I'm in a tidying mood (like yesterday!) I tidy on the inside. But I just have too much crap that is ugly, so can't be in my room, but I need it, so I can't throw it away either. Frustrating.

JoY
02-14-2006, 01:06 AM
same here. my study-books are so unfashionable. :(

& yes. I'm serious.

I tidy my room a bit every morning. I just want the floor to be empty, except for a few bags, a trashcan, a piano, a pianostool, a cowrug, a bed, a desk, a chair & a couch. even just this morning I've been doing the dishes (I drink tea in my room, so I keep all the cups, mugs & stuff here), putting my dirty clothes away, cleaning all the stuff I've used, putting all of that away & straightening my bed. I've never been this clean, but I'm so enjoying this. I can actually move around in my own room & walk without bumping into stuff! I guess I just fell in love with this room, so I *have* to take (good) care of it.

still all of you think my room is messy. =( how can you know? you can't even see the floor, except for my cowrug.

Tizzalicious
02-14-2006, 01:52 AM
Haha, the only ugly things I allow to be seen are my studybooks & dictionaries too. I wish they were pretty.

Actually, my CD player is pretty damn ugly too.

I bought the coolest boxes to put stuff in yesterday though. I wanted them for ages, and now I went out to buy them and found out they were on sale! I'm luckies.

JoY
03-01-2006, 07:30 AM
Per never saw my new room. grmbls.