PDA

View Full Version : what's your fave album?

nerradc
02-12-2006, 03:59 PM
mines smash

Ninty Man
02-12-2006, 06:44 PM
mines smash

Ixnay on the hombre

Then everyone

And then Splinter

Sinister
02-12-2006, 06:46 PM
I pirated the recording studios' comps, and got the new album :

The Search Button.

Drummerguy123
02-12-2006, 06:48 PM
lol. OMG! How hilarious would it be if that is what they named it! :D =P

bd007h
02-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I pirated the recording studios' comps, and got the new album :

The Search Button.

same here, that album blows the other albums out of the water

Nintendo_Offspring
02-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Americana is pretty cool, but the best has to be my customized version of the Greatest Hits album. I basically ripped all of my favorite songs from the other albums that weren't included on it. :cool:

Llamas
02-12-2006, 09:19 PM
lol. OMG! How hilarious would it be if that is what they named it! :D =P
actually it would be totally lame and I'd be pissed that they picked a horrible title for the new album... :-/

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I think the new album will be a 1 word thing

500 POSTS BABY!!! :D

Hux
02-12-2006, 10:28 PM
I don't get why people who become an official offspring fan member have a greenday avatar.

Llamas
02-12-2006, 10:32 PM
think it'll be one word again? I remember them saying they named splinter with one word because they were being superstitious cause the albums with one word do the best for them (smash and americana)... but with how poorly splinter did, I have a feeling they might can that idea :P and also the one that having songs with parts of the name in parenthesis do better. hit that did better than (can't get my) head around you. it's only cool to do the parenthesis thing when it actually makes sense, and people would call the song without the parenthesis. nobody calls that song "head around you". "pretty fly" works and "nitro" works. "head around you". doesn't.

Hux
02-12-2006, 10:36 PM
think it'll be one word again? I remember them saying they named splinter with one word because they were being superstitious cause the albums with one word do the best for them (smash and americana)... but with how poorly splinter did, I have a feeling they might can that idea :P and also the one that having songs with parts of the name in parenthesis do better. hit that did better than (can't get my) head around you. it's only cool to do the parenthesis thing when it actually makes sense, and people would call the song without the parenthesis. nobody calls that song "head around you". "pretty fly" works and "nitro" works. "head around you". doesn't.
True and true.

Telekinesis
02-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Americana probably, it was the first album I got and Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) is the song that got me into The Offspring, Americana also has some pretty great songs on it like The End of The Line,No Brakes and Pay The Man. A bit off-topic: has anyone seen the cover for Electroretard by The Melvins? coz I think it's the same cartoon as the Americana cartoon

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000054259.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.music-on-tnt.com/gif/americana.gif

what do ya reckon?

Hux
02-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah the kid looks kinda the same and the art genre is similar to The Offspring's art genre.

Llamas
02-13-2006, 12:01 AM
wouldn't be surprised if it was the same designer. You know how major label artists usually get their art, right? They just select from a huge list of shit done by professional cover designers. So I'm sure there were a million covers made by this one artist, and the melvins and the offspring both happened to pick one by the same designer...

adombomb222
02-13-2006, 05:10 AM
I don't get why people who become an official offspring fan member have a greenday avatar.

this is funny, since most people here that are offspring fans hate or love Green Day. Most people like their older stuff, and not american idiot. most people here like dookie, warning, and nimrod. but the kids a noob, so give him a break, maybe soon he'll change his pic to something better.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

My favorite album is Americana, because when i was 5, i would listen to it in my sisters car all the time. Americana got me hooked on The Offspring. I also like Ingnition and Splinter because there dark albums with good dark songs. And i alos like Smash, cause it has a lot of good songs.

adombomb222
02-13-2006, 05:12 AM
Americana probably, it was the first album I got and Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) is the song that got me into The Offspring, Americana also has some pretty great songs on it like The End of The Line,No Brakes and Pay The Man. A bit off-topic: has anyone seen the cover for Electroretard by The Melvins? coz I think it's the same cartoon as the Americana cartoon

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000054259.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.music-on-tnt.com/gif/americana.gif

what do ya reckon?

and really, come on the kids are both handycaped too.

F@ BANKZ
02-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Mine's Americana 2 because it has got different (but ace) styles of music throughout, i can just really get into all the songs on that album like Pay The Man, The Kids Arn't Alright and Have you ever, Dunn0 why, if someone does tell me, TELL ME NOW!

Hux
02-13-2006, 12:54 PM
this is funny, since most people here that are offspring fans hate or love Green Day. Most people like their older stuff, and not american idiot. most people here like dookie, warning, and nimrod. but the kids a noob, so give him a break, maybe soon he'll change his pic to something better.
You are an Offspring fan member, you choose to have a Green Day avatar. It's just weird. Fair enough he might think Green Day is his favourite band and then The Offspring, but to make an avatar on the site Green Day is just silly. This is The Offspring section.

Dex90
02-13-2006, 01:12 PM
mines splinter, but its way 2 short, every song on it is great, yes even worst hangover ever its nice for a change, the song i like the least on it is hit that, but its not bad. so splinter AND ignition are my favourites

Lonelypunk
02-13-2006, 01:17 PM
My fave is 'Smash', 'cause it was my first album from The Offspring and it has a lot of good songs on it, like Nitro, Gotta get away, come out and play, Not the one etc.

:)

Hux
02-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Ignition.

So many great songs including Nothing From Something and Dirty Magic!

Llamas
02-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Ixnay and Ignition. I think Ixnay is the winner, though.

nameless
02-13-2006, 02:34 PM
my favourite is americana! i just love the majority of the songs on that album!

momo1tx
02-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Probably Ignition. All of the songs on their are very good, it's very solid throughout.

Llamas
02-13-2006, 02:39 PM
I do agree that ignition is the only album that doesn't have any songs that I don't love. It's very solid all the way through. That's why it's so close with Ixnay, and so hard to put ixnay above it :)

Holger estonia
02-19-2006, 02:56 AM
Ixnay of Hombre

Rufus
02-19-2006, 03:12 AM
either Ixnay On The Hombre or Smash

Tapnshred
02-19-2006, 04:08 AM
I listen to the all, but currently my favourite is Ignition, lots of good songs a superb start and the forever and a day finish, fwah!

Dmarques
02-19-2006, 04:37 AM
Ixnay on the Hombre

noodlesisalliwant
02-19-2006, 05:45 AM
Ixnay, Ignition and erm probably Americana- I'd say Ixnay more so though.

Bryan_AVA
02-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Americana is my fav album

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-19-2006, 08:53 AM
He's new here so I'll give him a break, mine is Ignition. Favorite album of all time actually.

MasterOfPuppets
02-19-2006, 01:30 PM
My fav album americana