Nintendo_Offspring
02-12-2006, 09:35 PM
The Meaning of Life
I Choose
Staring At The Sun
Have You Ever
Americana
No Brakes

These are some of the Offspring's better songs, but I guess they just didn't make the cut or something.

BTW, what's up with that song at the end of (Can't Get My) Head Around You? :confused:

noodle654
02-12-2006, 09:38 PM
everything before smash

bd007h
02-12-2006, 09:41 PM
The Meaning of Life
I Choose
Staring At The Sun
Have You Ever
Americana
No Brakes

Have you heard anything Pre-Smash?

Drummerguy123
02-12-2006, 09:45 PM
None of those were great hits. It is called "Greatest Hits" for a reason.

WebDudette
02-12-2006, 09:47 PM
The songs on greatest hits were all singles excluding Next to You witch is the song after (Can't Get My) Head Around You. Is the Greatest Hits the first CD by them you've heard.

Nintendo_Offspring
02-12-2006, 09:48 PM
None of those were great hits. It is called "Greatest Hits" for a reason.

Maybe, but they are still "good" hits, at least. You have to agree with that.

Nintendo_Offspring
The songs on greatest hits were all singles excluding Next to You witch is the song after (Can't Get My) Head Around You. Is the Greatest Hits the first CD by them you've heard.

No. Americana was my first album.

WebDudette
There not hits. They can't be a hit unless there a single.

Have you heard anything Pre-Smash.

bd007h
02-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I asked it first ^

Have you heard anything Pre-Smash?

WebDudette
02-12-2006, 10:07 PM
He didn't answer so I pushed the question. Actually I just didn't see you ask it.

Camilamazed
02-12-2006, 10:27 PM
This Noob just won't stop starting threads.... 'till Sarah or Tijs shows up.

Llamas
02-12-2006, 11:03 PM
it doesn't sound like he's heard smash. It sounds like ixnay is the earliest for him... and this guy's a fool. they were "good" hits? they weren't hits! they weren't even released!!! ugh.

DeAtHsTaR
02-12-2006, 11:04 PM
There not hits. They can't be a hit unless there a single.

The first two were singles.

Kitten
02-13-2006, 01:31 AM
The Meaning of Life
I Choose
Staring At The Sun
Have You Ever
Americana
No Brakes

These are some of the Offspring's better songs, but I guess they just didn't make the cut or something.

BTW, what's up with that song at the end of (Can't Get My) Head Around You? :confused:

The Meaning of Life and I choose, I may agree on. However, it wasn't a best songs compilation (no one would have agreed with the song listing) it was a greatest hits, and not all the singles were as successful as the ones included.

Llamas
02-13-2006, 01:34 AM
true, i choose and meaning of life aren't knowing singles. the general public won't recognize those two, but "hit that" and "come out and play" are songs everyone knows.

Hux
02-13-2006, 01:50 AM
They should've tried Dirty Magic as a single. That could've done well. Although it wasn't a hit it would've been cool to have that on Greatest Hits, something which just the long term fans could relate to. It would also get the fans who joined around Smash and Americana into Ignition and possibly Self Titled if they hadn't already.

Hux
02-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Why wasn't I Choose on it? Wasn't it very popular? I Choose is such an awesome song!

Llamas
02-13-2006, 02:15 AM
come out and play: #4
self esteem: #7
gotta get away: #10
kick him when he's down: #22
smash it up: #20
I choose: didn't chart
gone away: #4
all I want: #13
pretty fly: #2
wdygaj: #4
tkaa: top 20
shes got issues: top 20
op: #7
want you bad: #10
million miles away: didn't chart
defy you: top 10
hit that: #6
head around you: top 10

meaning of life was NOT a single- there was a video made for it, but it wasn't released as a single. I choose didn't chart, so it wouldn't make sense for them to have included it. weird that they didn't include "all I want", though... it did pretty well. or was it on there? I didn't buy the album cause I already have all the songs...

Dexter_H
02-13-2006, 04:38 AM
They can't be a hit unless there a single.
Okay that wrong to start with, are you saying Bad Habit wasn't a hit? That song became one of offspring most popular and it was not released as a single (despite some 'tard saying it was on wiki) and also to the fool above me who said I choose was not released as a single, go home, it was. In a green cardboard sleeve.

EDIT: CLICK HERE (http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/singleAlbum?release=467) Holy crap, the stupidity is worse than first thought.

OffspringPhreak
02-13-2006, 05:03 AM
Greatest Hits aren't made to please everybody. People should realize that. I'd say I wished they would've put more on it, but hell the Dual Disc has that side where they talk about each song(which just rules, I'm glad they put that much effort into it).

It's got a lot of their most popular songs along with extras that make it more than worth your money. Why bitch about some songs that didn't make it on there for whatever reasons?

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-13-2006, 05:24 AM
This thread has been done before...

darko
02-13-2006, 05:44 AM

Secret track after it.....Next to you

Llamas
02-13-2006, 02:19 PM
why does everyone even care what they put on the GH?? If you're a fan, you should own all the albums anyway.

F@ BANKZ
02-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Yeh but i know quite afew people that are not fans and have only GH. If they hear good tracks on that it might make them wanna buy some of the other albums.

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Okay that wrong to start with, are you saying Bad Habit wasn't a hit? That song became one of offspring most popular and it was not released as a single (despite some 'tard saying it was on wiki) and also to the fool above me who said I choose was not released as a single, go home, it was. In a green cardboard sleeve.

It's well-loved among FANS, but it couldn't be released to radio, considering that there's all that naughtly language. "Stupid dumb *bleep* *bleep* *bleep*" is not exactly "radio friendly." Hence, it is not one of their 'greatest hits.' In conclusion, chill out.

F@ BANKZ
02-13-2006, 02:30 PM
It's well-loved among FANS, but it couldn't be released to radio, considering that there's all that naughtly language. "Stupid dumb *bleep* *bleep* *bleep*" is not exactly "radio friendly." Hence, it is not one of their 'greatest hits.' In conclusion, chill out.

But surely it is if the fans like it so much when there is no radio play and it has not been a single, couldn't they have made it an xtra track or something?

Kitten
02-14-2006, 03:35 AM
But surely it is if the fans like it so much when there is no radio play and it has not been a single, couldn't they have made it an xtra track or something?

Actually, over here, Bad Habit does get a bit of radio play, particulary at night. However, it was not released as a single or a radio single.

Kitten
02-14-2006, 03:42 AM
meaning of life was NOT a single- there was a video made for it, but it wasn't released as a single. I choose didn't chart, so it wouldn't make sense for them to have included it. weird that they didn't include "all I want", though... it did pretty well. or was it on there? I didn't buy the album cause I already have all the songs...

Meaning of Life is a single.

http://punk.iespana.es/offspring/ single-meaning.jpg

DICKON
02-14-2006, 05:48 AM
Meaning of Life and I Choose are on the greatest hits DVD

cybermears
02-14-2006, 06:08 AM
I think they dnt put i choose and shes got issues on because it might have made it perantal adversiay (soz bout spellin).Im not sure about the meaning of life tho
and i don't think they want people to think of them as they used to be before smash so they dnt put any of the songs before smash on They are doing dirty magic agin that stubbles me tho.

Little_Miss_1565
02-14-2006, 08:42 AM
and i don't think they want people to think of them as they used to be before smash so they dnt put any of the songs before smash on They are doing dirty magic agin that stubbles me tho.

No, the only singles from Ignition were "Kick Him When He's Down" and...I forget the other one...but they didn't do very well when they first went to radio, then "Come Out and Play" blew the fuck up and Epitaph re-released the Ignition singles to radio. They still get play every now and again. But that's hardly enough to make them a greatest hit.

HeadAroundU
02-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I choose
She's got issues
Million Miles Away

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Maybe, but they are still "good" hits, at least. You have to agree with that.
They arent hits...hits are songs that are played on the radio. None of those were. Hits are songs that people know. And I doubt that anyone heard any of those songs on the radio. But Ill agree with I Choose and The Meaning Of Life, since they made videos for them and stuff

Ninty Man
02-14-2006, 05:20 PM
But the point its maybe the album needs more songs
Meaning of life

I choose

And in my opinion Way Down the line and Kick him when hes down

Dexter_H
02-15-2006, 06:36 AM
I've heard it on the radio like someone else said at night, but does a song really have to be on the radio to be a hit? Most people I know who aren't into the offspring know that song.

And people who say Kick Him When He's Down was a single, do you just mean got some radio play cos I've never seen a KHWHD maxi-single.

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2006, 07:48 AM
I've heard it on the radio like someone else said at night, but does a song really have to be on the radio to be a hit? Most people I know who aren't into the offspring know that song.

Was it college or non=commercial radio? I know at my college station I can play practically any song I want from an album, with swearing from 10 pm to 6 am.

And yes, a song really does have to be on the radio--commercial radio, as well as MTV--to be a "hit." A fan favorite is very, very different from a "hit."