PDA

View Full Version : I hate America...

kamikaze
02-13-2006, 06:11 AM
On Saturday, I went to see Brokeback Mountain with Andy and Megan. (It sucked - we left early.) During the previews, 3 movies in a row were pushing government propaganda into my face. The first was a movie spoofing "American Idol" with Mandy Moore. Well, in this preview, we see an Arabian person get into the contest. But, his "terrorist" Arabian family is making him strap a bomb to himself to ruin the show. But, don't worry! Racism is completely wrong!! This isn't racist in the least... Yeah, right. Racism isn't just anti-black. The next was a movie about a guy who promotes smoking, drug use, and guns. You know, the "three killers." Now, I'm sorry. I don't hunt. I don't go shooting. I don't even like guns. But guns DON'T kill people. If people who know how to use them keep them away from those who don't (I.E. children, pepole who aren't registered to use a gun, etc.) there wouldn't be a problem. Smoking, whatever. We know the dangers. The same with alcohol. If people want to smoke and drink, fine. Let them. And finally, there was a preview for September 11. I don't believe that I need to say anything more. And I'd like to note that these were not only the first previews on (and pretty much the only ones on), but they were all in a row. I don't understand why people who are so for equal rights and anti-racism stand for this. In a country where every man is created equal, we must now hate terrorists. Excuse me, Arabs.

EDIT: Please don't tell me to move out of here. I already plan to. kthx.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Who says the propaganda war is dead?

kamikaze
02-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Who says the propaganda war is dead?

Never said it was. Just implying it should be.

nieh
02-13-2006, 06:22 AM
Wait, wait wait wait wait...American Dreamz is propaganda? How does that work? It's a parody of the current situation and is too silly to be taken seriously. Also, the half of the preview that's not making fun of American Idol is making fun of Bush.

Rocky-girl
02-13-2006, 06:32 AM
Also, the half of the preview that's not making fun of American Idol is making fun of Bush.
I like this point.

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2006, 08:12 AM
What the fucking fuck is going on here. So the movies are parodies?

Besides, we need all the gov't propaganda before Brokeback Mountain. SOMETHING'S gotta try and counteract all that gay homo stuff.

Vera
02-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Wait, Brokeback Mountain had HOMOS in it?!

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2006, 08:20 AM

I KNOW, RIGHT?! It's all part of the gay homo agenda, to brainwash us all!

KickedDown
02-13-2006, 09:05 AM
What's a homo?

JohnnyNemesis
02-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Wait, wait wait wait wait...American Dreamz is propaganda? How does that work? It's a parody of the current situation and is too silly to be taken seriously.

Propaganda takes many forms, including satire.

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2006, 12:21 PM

Wait, so...satire making fun of and protesting against something can be propaganda for it?

nieh
02-13-2006, 02:06 PM

That's true, but have you seen the trailer for this movie? If it's any sort of propaganda (which it doesn't appear to be at all) it's AGAINST our current government.

SuperKnux
02-13-2006, 04:44 PM
You guys still go to the movies? I gave up that shit months ago. We can't make decent (and original) movie worth a shit, and your post just further continues my reasons for not going to the movies.

JohnnyNemesis
02-13-2006, 04:45 PM
That's true, but have you seen the trailer for this movie? If it's any sort of propaganda (which it doesn't appear to be at all) it's AGAINST our current government.

I haven't seen it at all, but I just wanted to make that quick point. I'm sure you're right because...well, I trust your judgment since I love you so much.

Mr. Noodles
02-13-2006, 04:58 PM
What's a homo?
It means homosexual.

kamikaze
02-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Wait, so...satire making fun of and protesting against something can be propaganda for it?

It's making fun of American Idol. Yes. I thought it was funny how they used an Arab "terrorist" as the bad guy. It's not poking fun of our government. At least not what I saw of it. I saw an arabian terrorist family, because, in our eyes, that's what arabs are. Terrorists. That was the only point I was trying to make.

nieh
02-13-2006, 07:00 PM
It's making fun of American Idol. Yes. I thought it was funny how they used an Arab "terrorist" as the bad guy. It's not poking fun of our government. At least not what I saw of it. I saw an arabian terrorist family, because, in our eyes, that's what arabs are. Terrorists. That was the only point I was trying to make.

You didn't see all the parts where they showed the President and his goofy Bush impersonating voice?
President: "Did you know that there are two kinds of Iraqistanis? I mean I mean...uhh...actually...three!"
Some guy: "You mean the suunis and shiites and kurds"
President: "You knew about this?"

Given the premise of this movie, there HAVE to be Arab terrorists in it. They are the current administration's "bad guy". You can't make a movie making fun of the current administration without including their "bad guy"

Anyone that wants to see the trailer, go here.
http://www.americandreamzmovie.com/
I don't think this passes for propaganda.

BREAK
02-13-2006, 07:40 PM
We can't make decent (and original) movie worth a shit

Kinda like how you can't make a decent (or original) post worth a shit?

This thread = whatta homos
Bloodcrack Mountain = for teh gays

Not Ozymandias
02-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Well, in this preview, we see an Arabian person get into the contest. But, his "terrorist" Arabian family is making him strap a bomb to himself to ruin the show. But, don't worry! Racism is completely wrong!! This isn't racist in the least... Yeah, right. Racism isn't just anti-black.
Good catch, it's not like Arabs behave irrationally. Especially not lately.

Expressing a political opinion does NOT make you sound smart, never forget this.