PDA

View Full Version : The New Offspring Album

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Tijs
02-13-2006, 11:46 AM
As most of know the Offspring began working on a new album. After reading all the replies in Hypodermic_89's 'official' thread, me and 1565 agreed that it's a good idea to make a sticky thread about it.

Let's keep it on-topic folks.

Peedr
02-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I saw on Jake's Offspring pages a tracklist of new album. There it is:
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
05 - We Don't Have Sex Anymore
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up
13 - Long Distance To Ride
Everybody: Do you think, it's The Offspring track name style or it's fake. 01 - Enter sounds possibly because of Diclaimer from Ixnay, Welcome from Americana and Intro from CO1. What do you think?

offspring fan
02-13-2006, 12:40 PM
that is fake

Rufus
02-13-2006, 12:40 PM
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up
Everybody: Do you think, it's The Offspring track name style or it's fake. 01 - Enter sounds possibly because of Diclaimer from Ixnay, Welcome from Americana and Intro from CO1. What do you think?
Have The Offspring said this or is it just something someone has made up?

offspring5
02-13-2006, 12:42 PM
how did you get that information and how you can proove it's true? because they need to already write everything if they make a playlist

Tijs
02-13-2006, 01:10 PM
That list is a fake. It's been around for a while now. How can they have names for their songs, if they haven't even made the songs yet?
If they completed all of those, the album would be out within a month or something.

That_Guy91
02-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Wasn't that the fake tracklist for Splinter?

Tired_Of_You
02-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Yes and it was an April Fool's hoax.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
02-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Those titles suck too. Except Vociferous Shadows, that sounds pretty badass. It's not really Offspring-esque, though.

Peedr
02-13-2006, 01:55 PM
how did you get that information and how you can proove it's true? because they need to already write everything if they make a playlist I didn't said, it's true! I just said that I saw this on Jake's pages.

Dex90
02-13-2006, 02:08 PM
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up

complete bull-shit except for maybe pass me by cuz dexter mentioned it...btw this thread has been done and we've agreed that it is bull shit

F@ BANKZ
02-13-2006, 02:25 PM
I know it will probably be kinda hard 2 tell yet but is there any way(s) of knowing which month/season this album is gonna b released? And when r the singles gonna come out, if there r any?

offspring kid
02-13-2006, 02:28 PM
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up

that list was written at a French offspring site in april ( before greatest hits came out ) so we didn't knew if they were gonna release a new album or GH so the guy who's site that was made "us" spril fools :S he said that on his site by himself

Little_Miss_1565
02-13-2006, 02:29 PM
The album, as far as we know, doesn't even exist yet, so release dates of any kind would be impossible to tell or even guess.

That said, I wonder if this new recording of "Dirty Magic" that Dexter mentioned might make the new album, which might signal a little returning to the older sound from Ignition. I also noticed that Dexter didn't talk about working with a producer or anything yet, so I wonder if they're looking for someone new. I'd really like to see that happen personally, as I haven't been particularly happy with what Brendan O'Brien has brought to the table.

Nirushika6789
02-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Pass Me By is another name for Race Against Myself...people usually say the 'pass me by riff' referring to a certain riff in that part of the song.

F@ BANKZ
02-13-2006, 02:40 PM
It could well work that way but will the band wanna risk going back to one of their older styles of music they have already done, and will they risk putting so much pressure on one song, i mean like they havn't put a re-released or cover song onto any of their albums yet and they have changed their alot of their musoic quite a bit so they can adapt new styles.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
02-13-2006, 02:41 PM
As most of know the Offspring began working on a new album. After reading all the replies Hypodermic_89's 'ofiicial' thread, me 1565 agreed that it's a good idea to make a sticky thread about it.

Let's keep it on-topic folks.
The thread began with this and finish talkinī about fake, really strange donīt you think?

Tijs
02-13-2006, 03:03 PM
No, not really. This thread is meant to talk about the new album. Someone found something what could be the tracklists for the album, and posts it. Everyone say it's a fake, and the conversation moves on.

offspring_freak_3
02-13-2006, 03:08 PM
thats so damn fake, its just the old tracklist from splinter. it had as stickie about it some months ago, they just replaced the names.

i thought pass me by was Cant Repeat, not Race Against Myself, well at least that was what i alwaysa here :confused:

Call it an Obsession
02-13-2006, 03:11 PM
let's hope that the new album has an extra feature like the one on splinter! that would be even better

Awesomo
02-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Let's hope we get more material than 30something minutes. Splinter was in the 30's and 2 of the songs werent really "songs." So I hope this new album will give us more to listen to.

Llamas
02-13-2006, 03:45 PM
agreed fully.

Tijs
02-13-2006, 03:52 PM
let's hope that the new album has an extra feature like the one on splinter! that would be even better
Yeah, although I am hoping we're getting something we didn't expect. Usually it's really predicting what the extra's are.

barangatang
02-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I think it should have a some hidden shit when you stick it into your computer.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-13-2006, 06:16 PM
I want them to go back to their Ignition/Smash days. Or just from the ST to Smash. Have a bunch of leads in the songs. I think that would be sick

Ninty Man
02-13-2006, 07:44 PM
I want them to go back to their Ignition/Smash days. Or just from the ST to Smash. Have a bunch of leads in the songs. I think that would be sick

I think that Conspiracy was underrated, and Splinter it's not bad, but it's too short

Maybe something like Ixnay

Fspring
02-13-2006, 07:49 PM
I think returning to Ignition sounds ok, if it's not a total comeback, because that would be saying that they haven't evolved in almost 15 years, which is as bad thing as I see it. Still I'm not sure what Dexter means by saying that they have re-recorded Dirty Magic and if that has smtg to do with the next album or not... Guess even the guys don't know exactly what kinda album they should do because CO1 and Splinter were more Americana like, and they haven't enjoyed great success... I guess that changing producer may be a good thing for a start

Slipdog2
02-14-2006, 01:23 AM
They need to just let go completely and rock the fu*k out. Dexter should play a fast lead and scream his head off(seeing as though he has a high pitched voice, his yelling wont sound like some gay hardXcore singer), Noodles should break out the solos and give Greg K and Atom some solos too. I'd like to hear some grundgie sounding stuff ala Smash, mixed with Ixnay but at the same time have some songs with humour in them. Also a few political songs arent so bad. As long as they stay away from the emo stuff. Theres enough crybaby bands in the world.

punk_riOt
02-14-2006, 02:41 AM
Why is everyone wanting them to go back to what they've sounded like before?

I mean sure, Smash, ST, Ignition, Ixnay we're all pretty cool and it would be cool to hear some more songs like that, but i think they will still look to go into different areas with their song writing like they try to do with every album, but hopefully with touches of the past put in somewhere, but hey who knows.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-14-2006, 04:02 AM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

Check out the articles, (living end rock too, but check out the Offspring one :D )

The Offspring frontman Dexter Holland has confirmed that the band had already gone back to the studio to record their eighth studio album -- the follow-up to 2003's "Splinter".

"Well what's up this week? We went back in the demo studio last weekend, just Noodles and I, doing some guitar tracks. It was a blast. It feels good to get back in the studio and do some recording and just be a band, you know? I'm sure you do if you're in a band. We knocked off early because it was Noodles' birthday (remember?) and he had some ragin' to do.

"People are asking us about possibly doing some festivals in Europe this summer, which would be fun, but we thought it would be better to stay home and work on songs for another record. What do you think?"

Released in December 2003, "Splinter" is The Offspring's first album of new material since 2000's "Conspiracy of One." It is also the group's first recording without drummer Ron Welty, who left the band in early 2003 to pursue his career with a band project Steady Ground. Taking over for Welty is Adam "Atom" Willard (Alkaline Trio, American Hi-Fi and Rocket from the Crypt).

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-14-2006, 04:03 AM
and yes, i know about all this already, just appreciate i threw in something that you might wanna see, like the Offspring being on the home page of ultimate-guitar.

lessthanjake6276
02-14-2006, 07:42 AM
do you think they will put a ska song on the new album like on past albums. i believe there was at least 1 on all of their albums exept ignition, the self titled, and conspericy of one. i really love their ska songs and hope they make at least one.

Tijs
02-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Ignition had Kick Him When He's Down, kinda ska-ish to me.

Fspring
02-14-2006, 09:57 AM
What's the ska song on Splinter?

and one other thing... i have an audio bootleg in which Dexter says literally that ska sucks, and they hate ska... so 2 me no ska on the next album

offspring_freak_3
02-14-2006, 10:10 AM
What's the ska song on Splinter?

and one other thing... i have an audio bootleg in which Dexter says literally that ska sucks, and they hate ska... so 2 me no ska on the next album
yeh ^^ i have this bootlegs 2, i cant remeber the name but its a old one, smash era i think.

lessthanjake6276
02-14-2006, 11:05 AM
can you post the soundbit of him sayin he hates ska or tell me how to find it. idk why he would say that and make ska songs on most of the albums. the song song on splinter was worst hangover ever to answer whoevers question that was.

jrk247
02-14-2006, 12:39 PM
I hope that the new album doesn't have any crap songs (not really songs) like When You're in Prison. I think it should be atleast 12-14 tracks long and if they have a rerecording of dirty magic, it should be a hidden track.

It would be cool if it had the acoustic version of TKAA (if you own or have seen the GH DD then you know what I'm talking about).

Dex90
02-14-2006, 12:55 PM
i think the splinter sound and can't repeat rocks just as much as the old stuff, i think in some parts it's even better, the drumming and dexters singing
..so i hope they make cd that is follows the splinter and can't repeat feel and is mixed with a feel from the ignition/smash/ixnay era... and then a few acoustics as extras

Fspring
02-14-2006, 01:50 PM
can you post the soundbit of him sayin he hates ska or tell me how to find it. idk why he would say that and make ska songs on most of the albums. the song song on splinter was worst hangover ever to answer whoevers question that was.

If you can tell me how to upload that i'll do it gladly. Btw, I think the bootleg it's called "the revenge of the nerds" at least that's what I've been told when I got it.

Call it an Obsession
02-14-2006, 03:03 PM
hey... nobody better have forgotten about the bananas
there has to be at least one song with the word banana in it

lessthanjake6276
02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
revenge of the nerds doesnt say they hate ska on it, it doesnt say anything about ska in it at all, anyone else know the name im interested to see if this is true.

Ninty Man
02-14-2006, 04:58 PM

I mean sure, Smash, ST, Ignition, Ixnay we're all pretty cool and it would be cool to hear some more songs like that, but i think they will still look to go into different areas with their song writing like they try to do with every album, but hopefully with touches of the past put in somewhere, but hey who knows.

Nostalgia

Even I love Ixnay on the hombre, men, what they did with cant repeat makes me think in a better future

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-14-2006, 10:21 PM
hey... nobody better have forgotten about the bananas
there has to be at least one song with the word banana in it

I Choose :D "swollen like a bannana fish" lol, what the hell is a bannana fish anyway...and does bannana have one N or two? (can't be fucked checking dictionary.com) :p

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2006, 05:23 AM
I Choose :D "swollen like a bannana fish" lol, what the hell is a bannana fish anyway...and does bannana have one N or two? (can't be fucked checking dictionary.com) :p

It's a reference to the short story "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" by J.D. Salinger, from his book Nine Stories. Basically, a bananafish is a fictional fish that goes into a banana hole to eat bananas, but it makes such a pig of itself that it can't get back out of the hole. Then, it dies.

Call it an Obsession
02-15-2006, 05:28 AM
well... i was actually referring to that thread about the album being called banana power and everyone thinking of names of songs relating to bananas?

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2006, 05:45 AM
Heh, yeah, I remember that thread. But you asked what a banana fish was.

Call it an Obsession
02-15-2006, 07:35 AM
nope, you're mistaken. I reminded everyone about the bananas, i didn't ask what a banana fish was ^^

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2006, 07:46 AM
what the hell is a bannana fish anyway.

Ok, my mistake, it was Splinter who asked what it was. I thought it was you because you started talking to me like I was talking to you.

Ronin
02-15-2006, 09:03 AM

i couldnt agree with you more!

granted, they really kicked ass back in the smash days...bands cant always be cranking out the same stuff album after album, thats what eventually makes them boring and washed up. and i know yu all dont want that to happen to our beloved offspring :cool:

besides, truly talented musicians (such as the offspring) can be innovative with their music, tapping into various styles, and doing so with ease. all at the same time keeping true to their roots. i think that have done a great job in that respect. i cant wait to see what they come up with next :D

F@ BANKZ
02-15-2006, 09:53 AM
2 right they ain't changed their styles of music 2 suit the times on a whim.

Ceejio21
02-15-2006, 12:00 PM
They should re-record and tweak Mission From God aswell and put that on the end of new album as a bonus track. That'd be pretty cool I think!

Ceej

Call it an Obsession
02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
They should re-record and tweak Mission From God aswell and put that on the end of new album as a bonus track. That'd be pretty cool I think!

Ceej
i wouldn't say that would be the best song to put on the end... but yea it would be good to hear a song that they released on a single like autonomy and they could always put that re-recorded version of dirty magic and the end to make the perfect ending to an album :)

The_Masnyk
02-15-2006, 04:27 PM
They need to just let go completely and rock the fu*k out. Dexter should play a fast lead and scream his head off(seeing as though he has a high pitched voice, his yelling wont sound like some gay hardXcore singer), Noodles should break out the solos and give Greg K and Atom some solos too. I'd like to hear some grundgie sounding stuff ala Smash, mixed with Ixnay but at the same time have some songs with humour in them. Also a few political songs arent so bad. As long as they stay away from the emo stuff. Theres enough crybaby bands in the world.
That would be stupid. I hate my chemical romance, why would i want a wannabe one

jacknife737
02-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Anyone else think that Dexters making a point by mentioning Atom in the recent journal entries?

Venom Symbiote
02-15-2006, 06:39 PM
I do, I do.

Atom's in. That much can be assumed.

Although, I still don't know how the fuck that's going to work on tour. :confused:

Little_Miss_1565
02-15-2006, 07:01 PM

That would be rad, but re-recording two songs from Ignition might be a little overkill. But if Dexter could re-visit the Dexter who wrote all those songs...well...that might be neato. :)

Lithuanian Offspring
02-16-2006, 03:25 AM
I think I had some good ideas in the other thread so I'll just post them here.

Make it a double CD. Do something artsy-fartsy with your music. But you have to make the album really long. I say you stick to those rock/punk songs, i.e. the Noose, CGMHAY, etc. Those are absolutely great. The joke songs I'd try to make a healthy balance of serious music and the lyrics, cause like Hit That and Pretty Fly didn't have your heaviness/deepness in them. Just do them like the Vandals do 'em. There that's what I wanted to say. And don't make too many of them. Just to recap:

1. Long Album
2. Lots of Rock songs/serious
3. Joke songs with punk songs
4. Don't overflood the album with joke songs

Unlike these other posts, these were not suggestions, these are orders. I would like the skull on the album cover to be in cornflower blue and the background should be orange. That is all for now.

Edit: Put the rerecorded version of Dirty Magic and make a video for it. That way it will get popular.

Orange County
02-16-2006, 04:18 AM
I think some of you are getting confused, yes, they are re-recording it. But not re-releasing it, as it was never released in the first place.

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 05:42 AM
QUOTE:
"Make it a double CD. Do something artsy-fartsy with your music."

Fuck you.

About all I have to say regarding that. Just...fuck you.

This is The Offspring. The least conceited "artsy" group of guys out there. They're average joes. Which, essentially, is the whole point behind them as far as I'm concerned. Rock for the everyman.

Now you want them to get all Dave Grohl or Billy Corgan on us and put out a concept album? Please, just...go teabag a crocodile or something. :mad:

QUOTE:
"I think some of you are getting confused, yes, they are re-recording it. But not re-releasing it, as it was never released in the first place."

Oh ho ho, nay, on the contrary, my good man. You are the one who may be confused. "Dirty Magic" WAS released, it was an officially recorded and released track off a little album you may know as Ignition. Just because it's not a single doesn't mean it's not "released". Any track ever put on an official record has been "released", friend. ;)

So chill before getting condescending and uppity, eh? Might do you some good.

Orange County
02-16-2006, 05:49 AM
Wtf? wrong... Released an album and release a song are two totally different things.

Get it right. :)

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Nnnooooo...

Releasing a song means it is released on disc/vinyl/whatever-else-the-fuck.

The record company has a stake in every song that is put to disc, comprising the album. Singles are released IN ADDITION to, SEPARATELY from the main album.

Every song on every official album passes through personal music labels/companies, licensing parties, distribution boards, classifications bodies, etc as a PART OF THE ACTUAL ALBUM.

They're all released.

So no...get it right yourself, honkey! ;) :)

Lithuanian Offspring
02-16-2006, 06:03 AM
QUOTE:
"Make it a double CD. Do something artsy-fartsy with your music."

Fuck you.

About all I have to say regarding that. Just...fuck you.

This is The Offspring. The least conceited "arty" group of guys out there. They're average joes. Which, essentially, is the whole point behind them as far as I'm concerned. Rock for the everyman.

Now you want them to get all Dave Grohl or Billy Corgan on us and put out a concept album? Please, just...go teabag a crocodile or something. :mad:

QUOTE:
"I think some of you are getting confused, yes, they are re-recording it. But not re-releasing it, as it was never released in the first place."

Oh ho ho, nay, on the contrary, my good man. You are the one who may be confused. "Dirty Magic" WAS released, it was an officially recorded and released track off a little album you may know as Ignition. Just because it's not a single doesn't mean it's not "released". Any track ever put on an official record has been "released", friend. ;)

So chill before getting condescending and uppity, eh? Might do you some good.
Hey it's what I thought would be cool for the new album. I didn't ask for your asswipe opinion. I didn't say they should go and do a weird musicless album, I meant they should do something interesting that would get people's attention. So go fuck yourself, deusch-face. How old are you anyway? Does your mommy let you write words like that?

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 06:16 AM
Dutch-face?

Bwahahahahahaha! That's brilliant.

But yeah, you pretty bluntly suggested they do a double-album. It's The Offspring for fuck's sake. You should stomach any criticism that comes your way, should you have the balls to say something so outrageous.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-16-2006, 06:17 AM
i wouldn't say that would be the best song to put on the end... but yea it would be good to hear a song that they released on a single like autonomy and they could always put that re-recorded version of dirty magic and the end to make the perfect ending to an album :)

So true, DIRTY MAGIC WOULD BE AN AWESOME ENDING TO THEIR NEW ALBUM :D

Lithuanian Offspring
02-16-2006, 06:23 AM
Dutch-face?

Bwahahahahahaha! That's brilliant.

But yeah, you pretty bluntly suggested they do a double-album. It's The Offspring for fuck's sake. You should stomach any criticism that comes your way, should you have the balls to say something so outrageous.
Deusch is a different word from Dutch, just so that you know, a deusch-bag is a device used to clean a woman's vagina. Your statement that the Offspring can't do a Double CD is just interesting cause you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sure if they put a lot of songs on them they'll be able to make 2CDs worth. You're one of the most retarded people on these boards, and there are alot of retarded people on these boards. Seriously, how old are you? Cause you sound like a little kid.

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Yeah, and it's spelled "douche", you absolute twat.

Who's juvenile now?

And who said anything about them not being able to do a double-album? Huh? I said they SHOULDN'T do one.

Simpleton prick.

Peedr
02-16-2006, 11:50 AM
i couldnt agree with you more!

granted, they really kicked ass back in the smash days...bands cant always be cranking out the same stuff album after album, thats what eventually makes them boring and washed up. and i know yu all dont want that to happen to our beloved offspring :cool:

besides, truly talented musicians (such as the offspring) can be innovative with their music, tapping into various styles, and doing so with ease. all at the same time keeping true to their roots. i think that have done a great job in that respect. i cant wait to see what they come up with next :D

I fully agree with you. I'm not saying, that old Ignition and Smash albums aren't good - they're awesome, but The Offspring must go forward. Re-recording of Dirty Magic is pretty cool, but I want some Can't Repeat and Defy You songs on a new album.

electric_alexa
02-16-2006, 11:53 AM
I guess, but it would be nice if they had ONE old-type song

Dmarques
02-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Where is the new Dirty magic???????? :confused:

HeadAroundU
02-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Where is the new Dirty magic???????? :confused:
They didn't released it so wait and you will hear it.

Dmarques
02-16-2006, 12:37 PM
They didn't released it so wait and you will hear it.

Ok. Thanks...

MENTAL_BASSIST
02-16-2006, 12:48 PM
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up
FAKE AS FUCK

Black__ball
02-16-2006, 12:59 PM
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up
that sounds so fake but track 5 sounds fun

Black__ball
02-16-2006, 01:02 PM
FAKE AS FUCK
haha nice reply

Tijs
02-16-2006, 02:05 PM
that sounds so fake but track 5 sounds fun
Track 5 is actually a real Offspring song. Noodles mentioned it once. They wrote it for fun but never released it or something.

Lithuanian Offspring
02-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, and it's spelled "douche", you absolute twat.

Who's juvenile now?

And who said anything about them not being able to do a double-album? Huh? I said they SHOULDN'T do one.

Simpleton prick.
Nope

BIG Nicky
02-16-2006, 06:55 PM
isn't the new producer Jerry Finn? :confused:

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 08:53 PM
It might be.

But isn't he based in L.A.? Dexter said he went out-of-town to meet with him. So I'm guessing not.

Where are the other big producer-hotspots in the U.S.? It'd be NYC and Atlanta, right?

Jerry Finn's worked with them recently, so perhaps. But I'd guess someone new, due to the "out of town" thing.

Hux
02-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Track 5 is actually a real Offspring song. Noodles mentioned it once. They wrote it for fun but never released it or something.
So it wouldn't be found anywhere on the internet, etc?

markcica
02-17-2006, 03:01 AM
Nah király, ja bocs..i live in hungary and i don't speak english very well..i know this is very suck.. :p
So I tell about my little town(Budapest) but i lie caz this is a city, hehehehe :D sorry..so i don't see the new album, is there anybody who tell me about this? :rolleyes:

Black__ball
02-17-2006, 03:42 AM
cool
if that really is true?

Corrosion
02-17-2006, 05:16 AM
In regards to the list posted, it could be true, or it could be wrong, who knows.

I'd like to see The Offspring release Dirty Magic on a B-sides album along with the likes of Mission From God, D.U.I, Hey Joe, 52 Girls, and other not well known tracks. They're all good tracks, and it could sell very well if Dirty Magic and Mission From God in particular were at least released fro radio play, if not through TV syndicate.

With the upcoming album. I want all new tracks. Like I said, Dirty Magic can be released on a B-sides album. I think the perfect Offspring I'd love to see is a real good, punk-like intro. Offspring are known fro tremendous, adrenaline pumping intros. Examples are Nitro, Session, Have You Ever, Meaning of Life, Come Out Swinging and The Noose. I'd love for a little intro, then straight into the kickass opener they're so well known for.

I'd love to see a variety of topics discussed. Relationships (Offspring write killer tracks about Relationship) Heartbreak, Alienation, State of society, to name a few. Also, I'd love to see a sarcastic humoured tracks you guys always make. Pretty Fly was great, OP was great and Hit That was great. All discussed different topics such as "wiggas" "Pranksters" "Sex". They were all written with grea gusto, and came out very good. I'd love to see a sarcastic humoured track about one of the main topics around today (Politics, hatred, religion), this time with a heavy punk sound to go along with the dark, sarcastic humour. It would be a nice touch.

Basically my wish for this album is for you guys to cover as many topics that we can relate to in everyday life. I don't really care about the length, as long as it is a lyrically solid album.

Thanks.

forcyn
02-17-2006, 07:59 AM
With the upcoming album. I want all new tracks. Like I said, Dirty Magic can be released on a B-sides album. I think the perfect Offspring I'd love to see is a real good, punk-like intro. Offspring are known fro tremendous, adrenaline pumping intros. Examples are Nitro, Session, Have You Ever, Meaning of Life, Come Out Swinging and The Noose. I'd love for a little intro, then straight into the kickass opener they're so well known for.

oh yeah, Session ROCKS! :D

some of you said that the new album should be like Smash. do you want another Smash or new album?? i'd rather like the new album ;) :D

H1T_That
02-17-2006, 03:47 PM
everyone is saying they want to hear something like ixnay or S/T....they arent those people anymore, its not the early 90's anymore, people change, sounds change, tastes change.

i personally hope they do sometihng completley different to everything they have done, like what they did with splinter, theres no point in repeating all the same sounds over again.

imo, i think the album will have 'can't repeat' sound-y songs on, it was the last thing they wrote, so it wil be that kind of stuff they are thinking about. If this is the case, i for one wont be complaining. :D

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-17-2006, 03:52 PM
everyone is saying they want to hear something like ixnay or S/T....they arent those people anymore, its not the early 90's anymore, people change, sounds change, tastes change.

i personally hope they do sometihng completley different to everything they have done, like what they did with splinter, theres no point in repeating all the same sounds over again.

imo, i think the album will have 'can't repeat' sound-y songs on, it was the last thing they wrote, so it wil be that kind of stuff they are thinking about. If this is the case, i for one wont be complaining. :D

Yeah, "Can't Repeat" will probably be what it sounds like. Though it sounds like they are still going to try to go back.

sphinxdaking
02-17-2006, 04:27 PM
I enjoyed all tracks on splinter/co1/americana but tracks like hit that/OP/pretty fly etc isnt really funny in the long run. The pattern that the band has started to lay out with the silliest song being released on MTV is not really that fun anymore. Those songs doesnt reflect the album in any way, its just to get some attention and airplay. But I know that if they would make a solid (pop)-punk-rock song it will end up there anyway. Do they even need even more fans? I think a record thats more focused on their roots (with influences of the present) will attract both new and especially old fans. Offcourse they could have a song or two thats more positive/funny or whatever, but not like 3-4 songs when the album is barely 30 mins long.

Its time to slightly change their sound, I want a more serious and more punk-sounding record.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah, "Can't Repeat" will probably be what it sounds like. Though it sounds like they are still going to try to go back.

Yeah, i totaly agree, I have no problem with Can't Repeat, it's an awesome song...but i don't know if i can deal with them making a whole album of Can't Repeat's...

Ninty Man
02-17-2006, 07:03 PM
I enjoyed all tracks on splinter/co1/americana but tracks like hit that/OP/pretty fly etc isnt really funny in the long run. The pattern that the band has started to lay out with the silliest song being released on MTV is not really that fun anymore. Those songs doesnt reflect the album in any way, its just to get some attention and airplay. But I know that if they would make a solid (pop)-punk-rock song it will end up there anyway. Do they even need even more fans? I think a record thats more focused on their roots (with influences of the present) will attract both new and especially old fans. Offcourse they could have a song or two thats more positive/funny or whatever, but not like 3-4 songs when the album is barely 30 mins long.

Its time to slightly change their sound, I want a more serious and more punk-sounding record.

MMM, I think that Pretty Fly englobes pretty much, and Original, men, it's just great

I still think that they must combine everything with Defy You/Cant Repeat/ Ixnay on the hombre

Dutch fan
02-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Hey Dexter,

I don't know if you will EVER read this, but I saw your journal so I thought I'd check in.
For the upcoming album you need to push yourself beyond your limits.
I am a hardcore fan of The Offspring, but the last two years I have been a litte bit dessapointed by you guys. The tour had less energy, it looked like a routine, but you probably felt that yourself too...
Splinter had some good songs on it, but was to 'joky' and too short. And don't try to use difficult words, just because there difficult.
This is NOT critisism, cause I still think you guys rock, but I'm just telling what everybody's afraid to tell.
BE YOURSELF, listen to your fans, but do your own thing, put as much as emotion in the album as you can. Don't let time be a bad thing, perfectionase the album! Don't make a punk opera, please. Do a NEW, GOOD thing.
Go beyond your limits, I have faith in all 4 of you, 'You can do it!'

Greetz,
Your nr. 1 fan in Holland,
Sander

alistair13
02-17-2006, 08:39 PM
i agree with what everyone's saying about a more punk-sounding album, but they should find the middle ground. i probably wouldn't like the new album if it sounds as repetitive as something like 'the fuse', which is considered a solid punk rock album. if they just experiment a little bit with the punk rock sound like they have in the past, it should sound great.

Marco
02-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Ha ha I wonder who the title "We don't have sex anymore" is dedicated to!

Tijs
02-18-2006, 07:04 AM
It's from Noodles to Greg :)

Little_Miss_1565
02-18-2006, 08:03 AM

Quoted for HILARITY.

*frat-boy chest bumps*

Nitro Punk
02-18-2006, 02:07 PM
I hope there will be some cool songs in the new record like "The Kids aren't alright".This song/video made me love the offspring and buy all the albums and stuff,back in '99.I would like to see them kickin ass again like in '98-99(They always kick ass but anyway, it's not always the same).

note: Americana wasn't that different from ixnay (songs ,style,sound ,producer etc.) and it manage to get Success!It's just the songs and the videos that make the success!-->What the hell am i sayin' :confused:

Make the new Dirty Magic your first single for the new record along with a really kickin ass video!It's gonna be Awesome !!! There is one cover song Dexter mentioned once called "ring of fire".I hope in releasing this song too.

Drummerguy123
02-18-2006, 02:10 PM
There is one song Dexter mention once called "ring of fire",it is a cover.It hope in releasing this song too.

O_O

OMG! Are you serious! How come I never heard of this? A Johnny Cash cover would be like the greatest thing ever! *does happy dance*

Mr. Noodles
02-18-2006, 02:23 PM
O_O

OMG! Are you serious! How come I never heard of this? A Johnny Cash cover would be like the greatest thing ever! *does happy dance*
The Offspring should cover a Rancid song.

From either the two rancid s/t albums, or And out come the wolves.

Or maybe something from let's go. I think Salvation would sound awesome if they covered it.

Drummerguy123
02-18-2006, 02:52 PM
The Offspring should cover a Rancid song.

From either the two rancid s/t albums, or And out come the wolves.

Or maybe something from let's go. I think Salvation would sound awesome if they covered it.
No, because everybody would expect a cover from a band like Rancid. If they cover The Legend, Johnny Cash, it would take people by surprise and probably have a positive effect. Holy crap, Ring of Fire would be such an awesome punk song.

Nirushika6789
02-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Aww that's so sweet :p..

And yea a Johnny Cash cover would rock!

Drummerguy123
02-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Okay, it's official. Dexter is going to cover Ring of Fire and put it on the new album. Not because he said so, but because I said so.

DEXTER! If you read this, (which I doubt) cover Ring of Fire and put it on the new album!

0r4ng3
02-18-2006, 03:29 PM
If they did that, everyone would accuse them of copying Social Distortion.

A song I think would make a good cover is Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train.

Drummerguy123
02-18-2006, 03:32 PM
If they did that, everyone would accuse them of copying Social Distortion.

A song I think would make a good cover is Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train.

Sorry, I'm drawing a blank here. What Johnny Cash song did Social Distortion cover?

H1T_That
02-18-2006, 04:26 PM
was it said that it was a cash cover, or a new song called 'ring of fire'

Drummerguy123
02-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, Ring of Fire was done by Johnny Cash. Man, I still can't believe how awesome that would be if they covered it. Where did you see that?

Little_Miss_1565
02-18-2006, 04:35 PM
Social D cover Cash's "Ring of Fire" on the Live at the Roxy album.

jacknife737
02-18-2006, 04:50 PM
They should cover a Social Distortion, or a TSOL song.

One-Guy
02-18-2006, 04:56 PM
They should put as the first track of the new album that Noodles' guitar solo witch he played in France 2001...he played that after Gotta Get Away...Dexter introduced Noodles as the lead guitar player for the crowd...and then he started a solo that's very complex for Punk rockers...it shows the evolution of their songs! That's a Great solo...claps for Noodles!

noodle654
02-18-2006, 05:17 PM
They should put as the first track of the new album that Noodles' guitar solo witch he played in France 2001...he played that after Gotta Get Away...Dexter introduced Noodles as the lead guitar player for the crowd...and then he started a solo that's very complex for Punk rockers...it shows the evolution of their songs! That's a Great solo...claps for Noodles!

anybody got a live of it?

Venom Symbiote
02-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah, Dexter has said that they've recorded (or were going to record? Can't remember exactly) a version of "Ring Of Fire".

Man, that at the speed of "Next To You" or something, a mid-paced Offspring song with that grindy beefy guitar sound, ssshhhiiittteee that would rock my world.

The Cashmeister rules all. :D

jaminjeremy
02-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I was listening to a hard rock mix with plenty o offspring then saw the web page and had to sound off; Yes do dirty magic again though I don't hear anything that could be better on the original, and for the new album;

Noodles might want to do several guitar tracks just stacked on one another for at least one song (a la a boomerang effect?) for us guitar fans that dig his bravado. Add Dexter's soulful/spiritual/intelligent/"got your back" brotherhood with the bassist's (sorry don't got name) seriousness/concentration/loyalty/brotherhood/power and we just can't go wrong. :mad:

coen
02-19-2006, 11:22 AM

they already did 80 times....... :D

Drummerguy123
02-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Social D cover Cash's "Ring of Fire" on the Live at the Roxy album.
Oh, nevermind then... damn.

0r4ng3
02-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Oh, nevermind then... damn.
It was also covered on their 1990 self-titled.

Nitro Punk
02-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Can't find the journal that been posted a year and a half ago!There is Dexter sayin that they had already finish recording "ring of fire" and he didn't know if this song ever gonna be released.He said it sounds really cool!

Little_Miss_1565
02-19-2006, 02:15 PM

What, S/T wasn't enough TSOL for ya? ;) :D

pyroahiru
02-19-2006, 05:43 PM
wait...johnny cash ring of fire or a song of theirs???!!!

Nitro Punk
02-20-2006, 06:41 AM
They covered this song!It's not theirs!I don't know who sings this song but anyway!

Kimmie
02-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Hey,
I'm trying to get ahold of Chris........We used to work with him way long ago. Any idea of an email address for him?

thanks!

Great Mike
02-20-2006, 11:13 AM
And what about covering "Unknow Soldier" from The Casualties?

evreikipresvia
02-20-2006, 01:10 PM
So, I've been a fan from way back and I think Dirty Magic should be left alone. It sounds great as it is. If anything should be redone it should be Elders or Tehran, those songs are awesome, but the production is a bit weak...??? I would love to see the new album be more like the self titled album and ignition, the new stuff, though i enjoyed it, was almost too poppy.

One-Guy
02-20-2006, 01:32 PM
I still think that they should put as the first track of the new album that Noodles' guitar solo that he played live.........

Spookyvincent
02-20-2006, 02:28 PM
I think they should try some more hardcore songs...fast,catchy with solos from atom and noodles. And ya, a longer album would be perfect.

Little_Miss_1565
02-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Hey,
I'm trying to get ahold of Chris........We used to work with him way long ago. Any idea of an email address for him?

thanks!

None of us have contact info for anyone involved with the band--try the website's administrator, I guess.

jaminjeremy
02-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Errbody knows Noodles don't solo - 1 note at a time type? No way eh? :p

H1T_That
02-20-2006, 04:41 PM
there are quite a few offpsrings songs which have solos.

alistair13
02-20-2006, 05:48 PM
some solos would be cool on the new album. a lot of morons my age think it's cool to hate bands that have very basic guitaring, so if the offspring just goes all out, they'll get a lot more appeal from 14 year old dipshits... i think that's a good thing...

Ninty Man
02-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Genocide, The Noose, The Kids arent alright.. its the solos I catch up

Fspring
02-21-2006, 04:55 AM
What happened to you? also has a solo, and I think its Dexter that plays it, at least on the summersonnic 2002 (if i'm not wrong) it's him who plays it...

forcyn
02-21-2006, 05:19 AM
yeah, Dexter is playing this solo [i've got this! :D ]

more solos would be a good idea, but not to much. something like in I Choose would be great :D Million Miles Away got cool solo too.

Retard
02-21-2006, 10:19 AM
yay me first post!!!

ok let me start off by saying Conspiracy of One even though i love it and its alot better than 25% of my cd collection (theyre my favorite band wat can i say?) its a shit album compared to Ixnay or Splinter thats right Splinter.

Spinter was a fucking Punk album, it had the fast songs, the humor, the politics fast short songs. everything that makes a great punk album. i dont get how people can call Da Hui not a real song, cuz its too short. THATS WAT PUNK IS! lol :cool: the offspring are a punk rock band.

i think 30 minutes is a great length for an album, AMericana wouldve probably been 30 minutes if it wasnt for the 5 minute pause after Pay the man. same with Smash, the 3 or for minute pause then the instrumental thing.

SO PLEASE OFFSPRING GIVE US ANOTHER SPINTER!!!!!! the two before them were good but not great. Splinter was a ture return to form, and u guys were awsome at Warped by the way, one of the only reasons why i went, besides transplants.

forcyn
02-21-2006, 11:31 AM
yeah, Splinter got this '''something''' which CO1 doesn't have but i like both of them [CO1 is perfect for skiing :D ] for me Splinter is one of '''dark''' Offspirng albums. i don't mind if the new album would have similar climate. similar climate, not LIKE other album.

Ninty Man
02-21-2006, 02:01 PM
yeah, Splinter got this '''something''' which CO1 doesn't have but i like both of them [CO1 is perfect for skiing :D ] for me Splinter is one of '''dark''' Offspirng albums. i don't mind if the new album would have similar climate. similar climate, not LIKE other album.

Splinter starts great with The Noose, and ends horrible with Da Hui and When you are in prison

Conspiracy it's great...in my opinion

offspring kid
02-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Splinter starts great with The Noose, and ends horrible with Da Hui and When you are in prison

dude da hui is a kickass song

Ninty Man
02-21-2006, 02:15 PM
dude da hui is a kickass song

Nop. nop really, in fact, it's a really annoying song

Lets see:

The Noose

Long Way Home

Hit That

Cant get my head around you

Lightning rod

Never gonna find me

That's the good songs...

everything else it's not pretty good

And Da Hui and when youre in prison it's pain ass

offspring_freak_3
02-21-2006, 02:17 PM
holy fuck that guy dont like lighting rod. that the best track in splinter :eek:

Ninty Man
02-21-2006, 02:29 PM
holy fuck that guy dont like lighting rod. that the best track in splinter :eek:

Didn't I mention it??? OOPs, HEHE XD

Sorry, i will edit it...

But I still think The Noose it's by far the best song

forcyn
02-21-2006, 02:34 PM
The Noose is great song, but Long Way Home is even better ;)

Da Hui is one of the best songs on Splinter

Ninty Man
02-21-2006, 02:42 PM
The Noose is great song, but Long Way Home is even better ;)

Da Hui is one of the best songs on Splinter

That's your opinion, and it's valid.

My opinion it's that Da Hui sucks

Nitro Punk
02-21-2006, 03:28 PM
I would say "race against myself" after the "noose".The best vocals are on th "Noose for sure!Dexter is rockin in that!
Hit that sux on the drum machine part and that keyboard melody's really awfull!Worst hangover sux too!I mean the trumpet they used...i guess they wanted to be somethin like "Anarchy camp" from NOFX or somethin similar to that!It wasn't a good song for sure but for sure it was a different song .dexter said they were tryin to mix up the things a litl bit!

I'll say that again . Americana wasn't that different from ixnay and it kicked ass!(Ixnay is my personal favorite but anyway)

I hope the new record be their best and MULTI platinum!They have the magic power ,they can make it happen(again)!Go OFFSPRING!

Ninty Man
02-21-2006, 04:35 PM
I would say "race against myself" after the "noose".The best vocals are on th "Noose for sure!Dexter is rockin in that!
Hit that sux on the drum machine part and that keyboard melody's really awfull!Worst hangover sux too!I mean the trumpet they used...i guess they wanted to be somethin like "Anarchy camp" from NOFX or somethin similar to that!It wasn't a good song for sure but for sure it was a different song .dexter said they were tryin to mix up the things a litl bit!

I'll say that again . Americana wasn't that different from ixnay and it kicked ass!(Ixnay is my personal favorite but anyway)

I hope the new record be their best and MULTI platinum!They have the magic power ,they can make it happen(again)!Go OFFSPRING!

well, I will tell you

My favorite record it's Ixnay

I kinda dislike Splinter

And the other albums, rocks

Just hope they don't turn like Greenday

German Andres
02-21-2006, 04:51 PM
I dont think that list is right. It is not The Offspring style

Ninty Man
02-21-2006, 05:02 PM
I dont think that list is right. It is not The Offspring style

What list???

If it's the first pages, it's a fake

H1T_That
02-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Nop. nop really, in fact, it's a really annoying song

Lets see:

The Noose

Long Way Home

Hit That

Cant get my head around you

Lightning rod

Never gonna find me

That's the good songs...

everything else it's not pretty good

And Da Hui and when youre in prison it's pain ass

Da Hui is probably better than Hit That.

Hyper nova
02-21-2006, 05:16 PM

Da Hui is awesome, end off.

H1T_That
02-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Da Hui is awesome, end off.

agreed....

That_Guy91
02-22-2006, 12:23 AM
I can see why someone would find the lyrics annoying in Da Hui, although I love the song.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-22-2006, 12:52 AM
It was a good experience for them, why else would they do the song. :)

Rufus
02-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Da Hui is not probably better than Hit That it is better than Hit That

nerradc
02-22-2006, 10:38 AM
the track list looks dodgy 2 me!!! oh if only a new album was really that close!!!

Retard
02-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Da Hui is one of my favorite songs on the album, besides maybe the noose or worste hangover ever. but thats just me opinion. :rolleyes:

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Me opinion? Your name describes you well

Ninty Man
02-22-2006, 08:57 PM

Hey!! Stop pissing around you guys when someone makes a mistake writing in English, it's a little bit difficult you know :mad:

Original prankstA
02-22-2006, 09:03 PM
it was a typo dumbass retard is from massachucets

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-23-2006, 05:26 AM
So is this thread on topic still? or...?

Anyway... you guys think they will still have heaps of the good ole' "woah's" and "hey's" and other backups they have with Greg and Noodles, and do you think Dexter will back himself up, or get Greg and Noodles to do the backups on the tracks for something different? Greg and Noodles could handle it, but i don't know how it would sound recorded.

crrrN
02-23-2006, 05:54 AM
My guess is, and I hope, they will add some more Avenged Sevenfold-like parts in some songs. Like a dual solo or something.

Would be cool. :cool:

electric_alexa
02-23-2006, 12:06 PM

Anyway... you guys think they will still have heaps of the good ole' "woah's" and "hey's" and other backups they have with Greg and Noodles, and do you think Dexter will back himself up, or get Greg and Noodles to do the backups on the tracks for something different? Greg and Noodles could handle it, but i don't know how it would sound recorded.

I hope so (fingers crossed) :D

yay
02-23-2006, 04:45 PM
The album, as far as we know, doesn't even exist yet, so release dates of any kind would be impossible to tell or even guess.

That said, I wonder if this new recording of "Dirty Magic" that Dexter mentioned might make the new album, which might signal a little returning to the older sound from Ignition. I also noticed that Dexter didn't talk about working with a producer or anything yet, so I wonder if they're looking for someone new. I'd really like to see that happen personally, as I haven't been particularly happy with what Brendan O'Brien has brought to the table.They've never redone an old song of theirs on a new album before, so I don't think it'll happen. Nevertheless if it did it would be great. They need to realise their old sound is what got them popular, along with the pure pop of Americana. They cant expect an album like Splinter to do well when it sounds like neither of the two styles they excel in.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-23-2006, 05:55 PM

I think they should let Noodles and Greg do it. Itd be cool. Cause Dexter always backs himself on the records

bdexterholland
02-24-2006, 07:34 AM
01 - Enter
02 - All the Time
03 - Flying In My Mind
04 - Vociferous Shadows
06 - Free Runaway
07 - Getting My New Life
08 - The World Hide
09 - If I Lie
10 - Pass Me By
11 - Broken Things
12 - Light Them Up

Hey man!!! itīs just impossible to believe in this list... look to the song name, when they'll use these names? never!!!!
it seems like some mod of splinter songs...

F@ BANKZ
02-24-2006, 09:29 AM
i'M FED UP OF FAKE LISTS, CAN'T SOME1 DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEM? IF SO ERASE THEM FROM EXISTENCE NOW, BEFORE THEY ERASE US!!!

jrk247
02-24-2006, 12:17 PM
I know it's not about the new album but, Does anyone notice that all of the songs, except When you're in Prison, on Splinter are really fast? I hope they make the new album like Ixnay how they have fast and slow/serious songs.

Peedr
02-24-2006, 02:09 PM
You're right, I must agree with you! The next Ixnay style album would be awesome. Or some songs like Can't Repeat or Defy You would be supreme! :D

pyroahiru
02-24-2006, 07:12 PM
I think that there should be stuff more like Americana.Out of all I would have to say that was my favorite.

Ninty Man
02-24-2006, 08:03 PM
I know it's not about the new album but, Does anyone notice that all of the songs, except When you're in Prison, on Splinter are really fast? I hope they make the new album like Ixnay how they have fast and slow/serious songs.

Well, in fact... Ixnay it's a fast album... maybe Amazed and Gone away are exceptions...

Im correcting, not fast, but with a good rhytm :D

In Splinter... well, Race Against Myself it's slow as hell, and even I DONT LIKE IT... i must recognize it's an average song.

MMM, and I think they should combine everything... yeah, everything

Retard
02-24-2006, 09:12 PM
so first of all you're calling all English people who speak like that are idiots? lol thats kinda mean.

and it seems like to me that Ixnay is always very close to my favorite, when i really think about which one my favorite actually is, so something like that for the new one would be great.

AND IF THEY SOUNDED ANYTHING LIKE THOSE DOOSHBAGS IN AVENGED SEVENFOLD I WOULD SERIOUSLY THROW THE FUCKING THING OUT. AVENGED SUCKS FUCKIN SHIT!!!!

bd007h
02-25-2006, 12:10 AM
you're a fucking idiot. Avenged Sevenfold is quite a bit more talented than The Offspring. You really do live up to your username

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-25-2006, 03:51 AM
you're a fucking idiot. Avenged Sevenfold is quite a bit more talented than The Offspring. You really do live up to your username

they might not be more talented, you know just because a band doesn't
play to their full potential every song doesn't mean they suck.

georgie/dexter
02-25-2006, 09:43 AM
wow, from the topic about the offsprings next album we some how got to gaymans sexuality wtf?????

bd007h
02-25-2006, 01:39 PM
they might not be more talented, you know just because a band doesn't
play to their full potential every song doesn't mean they suck.

I never said The Offspring suck. I'm a pretty big offspring fan

offspring kid
02-25-2006, 01:48 PM
I got an update mail from merch.com about offspring designs,Now new designs probably come out when a new album is about to come right and i think that the new album is for sure coming during summer
this is the mail i got from them

Look for new Offspring designs in about 2-3 weeks. Check the site from time to time for updates.

Thank you,

Merch.com
Customer Service

thought of sharing it with you guys

alistair13
02-25-2006, 04:18 PM
that's awesome

Retard
02-25-2006, 09:14 PM
yes Avenged is talented.

but their music is fucking sellout dooshbag cock metal that sounds like metallica. and even though everyone knows that metallica are super talented everyone also knows that theyre music is stupid, thats it.

yeah i know im stupid............................................ ... hence the name. ;)

bd007h
02-25-2006, 09:33 PM
have you heard any of their songs other than Bat Country and/or Beast and The Harlot?

jrk247
02-25-2006, 09:42 PM
I've heard some Avenged (like one or two songs), I think they're alright not the greatest but they're ok.

BTW Retard, stop living up to your name, please.

bd007h
02-25-2006, 10:29 PM
which songs have you heard?

Apathy
02-26-2006, 01:32 AM
I'm agreeing with Retard. I've heard all of Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, and Most Of City Of Evil. All of their songs sound exactly the same to me. And Frankly, it gets old fast. Also, the songs seem to have no reason for being as long as they are.

jrk247
02-26-2006, 01:34 AM
which songs have you heard?
Ones on MTV. Yes I know MTV!

...Wait I think I saw one of them on FUSE.

I love FUSE.

bd007h
02-26-2006, 02:02 AM
Bat Country and Beast and The Harlot. Those are the ones on MTV. Check out the song MIA. The guitar solo is insane

offspringer24
02-26-2006, 02:23 AM
just cos theres not fuckin solo's being banged out left right and centre like other shitty bands the offspring have been playin together long enough to be some of the most talented guy's around "rythem can be just as satisfying as lead" plus did u see the upside down accoustic noodles was playin?

jrk247
02-26-2006, 02:38 AM
How about we get back to the main thread. About new offspring album.

jaminjeremy
02-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Yeah, the raw sound of *****kick 'em when he's down***** would be nice on the new album. So far no mention of this fav. song for me. Ixnay's my fav. album tho. The song amazed is.....amazing. God I hate that adjective with all the reality shows....my wife makes me watch.

I just dig the seemingly....

middleclass, suburb, white, so cal/surfer, pissed off-and somehow prideful vibe...

Is that punk? Who cares. Oh well whatever nevermind.

Any Meat puppet/curt kirkwood fans?

Little_Miss_1565
02-26-2006, 01:06 PM
I think some of you are missing an important point here--The Offspring are not Avenged Sevenfold.

Call it an Obsession
02-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I think some of you are missing an important point here--The Offspring are not Avenged Sevenfold.
Exactly... after all this is a thread about the offspring's new album which is in General Offspring Discussion
sorry for over doing it a bit

Hyper nova
02-26-2006, 06:52 PM
In My Opinion the Classic Wedding is needed on the next album

Somthing Old (Dirty magic Remake + other Pre Ixnay)
Somthing New (I don't mean poppy but just general Americana - Splinter sound or even something totally new)
Somthing Borrowed (Cover- just the one mind)
And somthing Blue (Gone Away/End of the Line Like)

Just generally a nice mix without any 'joke' songs and at least 12-14 Non-joke/intro tracks

In fact i thought that the Album title could be along the likes of

Something Old, Something New

... Dude what is this some kind of Wedding?

offspringdude17
02-27-2006, 06:22 AM
i don't care that it must be sometting new with old of that kind of shit. everything that offspring makes is great. so the new album will be great to it don't matter what they do.

forcyn
02-27-2006, 07:24 AM
no joke songs... that would be a little bit boring...

Hyper nova
02-27-2006, 08:13 AM
no joke songs... that would be a little bit boring...

ok fine a couple would be ok but there has to be a full album on top. Any way Smash had no joke songs niether did Ignition and they arent boring.

Of couse i dont mean no fun songs like Self Esteem i just mean no 'worst hangover' and 'When Your in Prison' type songs.

TBH I'm not bothered if they dont have something old in it somthing different wold be fine but it would be nice to have like 2-3 older feeling songs 2-3 like Americana onwards, a cover, a slower song like Gone Away that would be bout 7-8 then 4-5 Differnt songs that would bw 12-14 songs then the odd joke song would bring it up to about 15 then the Dirty magic remake wuld be about 16. that would be good we havent had a really good length album from them since smash.
I know most of their albums are around 12 actual songs but splinter was actually bout 10 not counting neocon and wyip so would just eb nice to have a longer album but i dont want that if its going to reduce quality.

jacknife737
02-27-2006, 11:41 AM
ok fine a couple would be ok but there has to be a full album on top. Any way Smash had no joke songs niether did Ignition and they arent boring.

I'd consider What Happened to You? a 'joke song', as is Burn It Up.

Rufus
02-27-2006, 12:02 PM
^ And Beheaded

Little_Miss_1565
02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
OK, how's saying it like this--any more songs making fun of people who think they're totally awesome but really aren't like "Pretty Fly," "Original Prankster," and "Hit That" would be overkill.

0r4ng3
02-27-2006, 03:45 PM
They should have joke songs that don't suck. Like The Vandals, circa mid-90s.

Tijs
02-27-2006, 04:19 PM
OK, how's saying it like this--any more songs making fun of people who think they're totally awesome but really aren't like "Pretty Fly," "Original Prankster," and "Hit That" would be overkill.
I really don't mind those songs, they're fun live since everyone knows the lyrics, and another one of those songs might just bring the Offspring the succes they deserver (which is my opinion ofcourse). And you can always skip it if it's really terrible.

Ninty Man
02-27-2006, 08:05 PM
I really don't mind those songs, they're fun live since everyone knows the lyrics, and another one of those songs might just bring the Offspring the succes they deserver (which is my opinion ofcourse). And you can always skip it if it's really terrible.

well, somebody thinks like me...

Pretty Fly it's a good song, in the way that men... it's cool, and everyone in this world knows one guy that clasiffies in a Pretty Fly way

jaminjeremy
02-27-2006, 08:50 PM
How about the offspring live? I dig the pit at their shows. Not too agro - chicks can participate a bit - though I'm very married.

Since I play guit - I want noodles' **speed** and style to rip with lots o layers and general buildup. New, old...

Ninty Man
02-27-2006, 08:56 PM
How about the offspring live? I dig the pit at their shows. Not too agro - chicks can participate a bit - though I'm very married.

Since I play guit - I want noodles' **speed** and style to rip with lots o layers and general buildup. New, old...

Yeah, I saw in the video DVD some LIVE stuff... men, they rock

summer_guy
02-28-2006, 07:32 AM
i think its same like the others;)

Nitro Punk
02-28-2006, 01:33 PM
A song like "don't pick it up" or "what happened to you?" would be cool!

patoff10
02-28-2006, 03:41 PM
A song like "don't pick it up" or "what happened to you?" would be cool!

i don't think so

Tijs
02-28-2006, 03:50 PM
I think it would. Those are among my favorites, especially What Happened To You.

Ninty Man
02-28-2006, 07:43 PM
I think it would. Those are among my favorites, especially What Happened To You.

MMM, What happened to you rocks.. XD

I prefer Kick Him when he's down

.:SMASH:.
03-01-2006, 12:06 AM
kick em when hes down is great.

DeAtHsTaR
03-01-2006, 12:16 AM
I'd consider What Happened to You? a 'joke song', as is Burn It Up.
WHTY is not a joke, but Bad Habit is.

DeAtHsTaR
03-01-2006, 12:17 AM
just cos theres not fuckin solo's being banged out left right and centre like other shitty bands the offspring have been playin together long enough to be some of the most talented guy's around "rythem can be just as satisfying as lead" plus did u see the upside down accoustic noodles was playin?
upside down? When?

defyu
03-01-2006, 03:06 AM
WHTY is not a joke, but Bad Habit is.
none of thos are jok songs when your in prison and worst hangover ever and stuff like that are jok songs

dirty.magic
03-01-2006, 05:13 AM
my god it took a fuckin long time to read all those posts ha ha ha...i have nothing to do in IT which is why i read em all...

anywho can i please ask everyone to stop callin the offpsring POP they are NOT POP they are pure rock in their own rights...do they sound like britney spears and any wannabes like her? no they dont grr lol...

and can ppl stop sayin what bands are good and arent good...everyone has their own tastes in music not everyone is going to like the same things..and when the offspring bring out their new album (which i hope is soon) they will do it in whatever way they feel is right not just because ur wanting them to sound like their old stuff...like many ppl have said their talents have evolved over the years and its not been for the worse...its been for the better

anywho lesson is over im off bye bye

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-01-2006, 05:30 AM
hmm, yeah... but i really wish they put a song on the new album with a massive instrument part, where they can play a high standard of their potential, like a solo for each instrument, and just have a long 10 min song or whatever, but make it mostly about the instruments :p .

Sorry if you all think it's a shit idea...i just think it'd be cool to hear them play something a little more complex than the average power chords over and over in the song.

Now, i'm not saying that's bad, just think it'd be cool to hear something different :p .

jacknife737
03-01-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't want a song over 3 minutes.

forcyn
03-01-2006, 10:35 AM
why not? 10 minutes song with long and boring instrumental part in the middle of fast album... isn't that just beautiful?

Come out and smash'em up!
03-01-2006, 12:51 PM
i'd like to hear some instrumental shit in the end of the album, with skilled playing, see Metallicas - Orion,And some long intros to some songs would be nice like 30 sec of intro, and don't start the song with te revising chour

dirty_magic
03-01-2006, 12:55 PM

then we would have an album just over 20mins long! all good songs are over 3mins!

offspringer24
03-01-2006, 01:45 PM
a song can be as long as you want it to be! a 40second song isnt any better/worse than a 40 minute one it just depends on the song and its appeal, by the way please dont use metallica as an example as they are a completely different kind of music and the offspring would lose there mega appeal if they started playing old fashioned boring songs that seem to last forever i.e enter sandman and wtf was going on with "one" no need or wot?
however i do like metallica i just thought that was a silly thing to post as self esteem should be regarded as one of the best rock songs of all time along with alot of other classics but hey some geeks are hung up on the whole "sell out" thing which by the way is sooooo lame
www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

Hux
03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Why not? That's just stupid.

jacknife737
03-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Why not? That's just stupid.

If you can't say it in under three minutes, you can't say it at all. Nothings more pointless then an overlong instrumental part of a song, or having the chorus repeated for the 12th time. Go listen to metallica if you want an 8 minute song.

forcyn
03-01-2006, 02:34 PM
nothing could be more boring in any song than long instrumental part right in the middle. like metallica... in 10 min song there's just 2 min with lyrics, and 8 with playing guitar without any sense.

Hux
03-01-2006, 02:37 PM
What about songs like Denial, Revisited, Vultures, Dirty Magic, etc. They're great, maybe a little repetitive for Vultures.

I don't see any problems and how it is bad.

forcyn
03-01-2006, 02:43 PM
hmmmm.... Dirty Magic and Vultures are for sure a little bit shorter than 8 minutes...

imagine Pay the Man in the middle of Americana...

Screamer1
03-01-2006, 03:17 PM
hmmmm.... Dirty Magic and Vultures are for sure a little bit shorter than 8 minutes...

That would be. . . . .odd.

Hux
03-01-2006, 03:36 PM

Well obviously they wouldn't put something like Pay The Man in the middle, it would be near the end which I would enjoy (a similar song that is).

I meant songs around 3:30 - 4:30

One-Guy
03-01-2006, 04:52 PM
I still think that they should put as the first track of the new album that Noodles' guitar solo that he played live in France 2001...that's awesome...short but complex...it can show that The Offspring isn't only power chords...and would be a great and different Intro...
later...

DeAtHsTaR
03-01-2006, 05:15 PM
none of thos are jok songs when your in prison and worst hangover ever and stuff like that are jok songs
Do you honestly believe Dexter sets things on fire, cuts people's heads off, and kills bad drivers? He doesn't, making them joke songs. The musical quality has nothing to do with jokiness.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-01-2006, 11:46 PM
I think alot of the songs have a humous side to them, even stuff like Self Esteem, there is a slight sense of humor even though it's a more serious song

twisted rocker
03-02-2006, 06:21 AM
when is the new album for sale?

Tijs
03-02-2006, 06:21 AM
Tomorrow .

dirty_magic
03-02-2006, 07:18 AM
Well obviously they wouldn't put something like Pay The Man in the middle, it would be near the end which I would enjoy (a similar song that is).

I meant songs around 3:30 - 4:30

i agree totally! this dude has the right idea!

F@ BANKZ
03-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I don't know dude, it could be critisized as a rip-off. I mean i love Pay The Man only i don't think they should use it twice because it so indervidual.

offspring kid
03-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Tomorrow .

lol.............

offspring_freak_3
03-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Tomorrow .
muhahahaha, really? too bad i'll only get that in a few months :rolleyes:

Retard
03-02-2006, 01:57 PM
have you heard any of their songs other than Bat Country and/or Beast and The Harlot?

sorry it took me so long to reply, i've been at school. Unfortunatly I've heard like 90% of the band's catalouge(all my friends love them), and I really dont like any of it. Again I KNOW that the band is talented, and i have no problem with anyone liking them. But I still hate them, because of the reasons i've already stated, and because they seem like Sexist, nationalistic dick heads. sorry but thats my opinion, I'm open to all criticism now. thanks everyone.

Mr Smith
03-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Hey I'm listining to the offspring radio and theres this song called "Lightning Rod", is this a new song? I don't recognize it.

Rufus
03-02-2006, 03:27 PM
^^ Lightning Rods not new its on Splinter

Hux
03-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Hey I'm listining to the offspring radio and theres this song called "Lightning Rod", is this a new song? I don't recognize it.
They're playing Lightning Rod on the radio? What country are you from?

It is of course a song on their album Splinter.

Ninty Man
03-02-2006, 08:05 PM

It is of course a song on their album Splinter.

Maybe he didn't know... I didn't know that Offspring got 7 albums before Hits

Tijs
03-03-2006, 05:08 AM
He was listening to 'Offspring Radio'. The radio on the website.

Hux
03-03-2006, 06:00 AM
Oh, right :p .

RonWelty
03-03-2006, 05:33 PM
motherfuckers pearl jam will release a album on may ..hum ...letīs go offspring SHOW THESE ASS HOLES who rulles :D

Ninty Man
03-03-2006, 07:10 PM
motherfuckers pearl jam will release a album on may ..hum ...letīs go offspring SHOW THESE ASS HOLES who rulles :D

But Pearl Jam... ITS PEARL JAM

RonWelty
03-04-2006, 07:17 AM
bad taste,,,,

OfFsPrInG pImP
03-04-2006, 11:38 AM
I know we are all waiting and ready for a new album, but guys... Making shit up... Not cool. :(

Ninty Man
03-04-2006, 12:18 PM
bad taste,,,,

If I had bad Taste... I will say:

OMG: LIMP BIZKIT GREATEST HITZ

Zee
03-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Ok, time to post something. A new album truely will be appreciated since they haven't released more than two albums in six years + Can't Repeat if you haven't realized yet, so...

offspringlover
03-04-2006, 05:11 PM

Jack the Tripper
03-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I bet their was a lot of thought, time, and effort put into that post.

offspringlover
03-04-2006, 08:28 PM
:D lol lol

offspringlover
03-04-2006, 08:30 PM
i like to put ............................. lol

Ninty Man
03-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Ok, time to post something. A new album truely will be appreciated since they haven't released more than two albums in six years + Can't Repeat if you haven't realized yet, so...

+ Defy you, if you haven't realized yet

Nitro Punk
03-05-2006, 01:12 PM
What The Fuck? Make an update with studio photos and stuff!I guess we all wanna see the progress you are makin in the studio.Dexter ,Noodles please answer!

Ninty Man
03-05-2006, 04:11 PM
What The Fuck? Make an update with studio photos and stuff!I guess we all wanna see the progress you are makin in the studio.Dexter ,Noodles please answer!

Sorry, the number it's occupied, please phone later

Dann
03-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Crap, damn... People's right, Offspring should try a new style and kind of songs, but what the fuck is wrong, if I'm an Offspring fan is because of what I've heard of them, I truly liked Splinter, it was the 2nd album I bought of Offspring, I liked Hit That, CGMHAY and RAM... all the songs, but later I get all the albums and realised Splinter is not what Offspring used to be in Ixnay times... I do know they are so damn good to make a new good album. The first Time I heard Ixnay On The Hombre I believed it was a new album, it sounds like the songs of nowadays, but it was from 1997, what the holyshit is wrong today?

If they make some crap like Ixnay today, I'm sure It'd be an amazing album.

offspring kid
03-06-2006, 08:18 AM
i want the next album a little bit like Splinter Fast Guitars and Fast drums ( thats what punk music is ) i dont want joke songs maybe 1 but not more than 1 :)

Emily_offspring_fan
03-06-2006, 09:05 AM
no, I don't want the new album to be like Splinter
maybe like Ixnay...
not like the oldest ones but neither than Splinter

forcyn
03-06-2006, 09:40 AM
I love the climate of Ixnay... it will be great to hear again songs with such a power like All I Want or I Choose has...