PDA

View Full Version : Resealable Bags

nieh
12-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Ok, I'm sure you've all seen these before. Basically there are numerous food products that in the not too distant past have switched from regular bags to the resealable, ziploc style bag. This is, obviously, to preserve the freshness of the food after the package has already been opened. However, I just recently purchased something that came in a resealable bag and I have no idea as to why it would: socks. That's right. I bought a 6 pack of socks and it has a resealable bag. Why would they make the bag resealable for this? Is it to preserve the freshness of the socks? If I open up the bag and wear 1 pair of socks, will the other 5 pairs run the risk of going stale without the bag being resealed? I just can't understand why they would do that...

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Haha. This sounds so much like a Ben Elton sketch, it's untrue.

Betty
12-08-2004, 02:59 PM
I am very against the resealable cheese packages.

And regarding socks... yeah... I've got nothing. Clever anyway.

wliethof
12-08-2004, 03:00 PM
you remove air and then close it so your socks take in less space. I've seen this on tell sell.

nieh
12-08-2004, 03:05 PM
you remove air and then close it so your socks take in less space. I've seen this on tell sell.

that's stupid...why not just take them out of the bag then?

Betty...what sort of re-sealable cheese packages? I kind of like them, because if I get a big block of cheddar, it will definitely go bad by the time I'm done with it unless I can close it back up.

Who is Ben Elton?

Kayleigh
12-08-2004, 03:07 PM
I've seen underwear in shops in resealable bags before! The bags usually have patterns on.

I always thought it was maybe so you could use it as a pencil case or make up bag or something.

wliethof
12-08-2004, 03:09 PM
that's stupid...why not just take them out of the bag then?

Betty...what sort of re-sealable cheese packages? I kind of like them, because if I get a big block of cheddar, it will definitely go bad by the time I'm done with it unless I can close it back up.

Who is Ben Elton?

because there is ait inside the socks aswell. you remove that and yer socks take up less room. they do it with pillows and stuff too!

nieh
12-08-2004, 03:18 PM
I know the socks have air in them too, but what reason would you have to suck the air out? The only thing I can think of is for shipping. They didn't suck the air out of it though because it was still sealed completely and still had air in it. If a person is packing the socks for a trip, then removing them from the bag might still be better. When you put socks in a suitcase with other clothes, the weight of the other clothes puts pressure on them, thus removing the air. Unless the whole vacuum sucking thing is just that much more effective...but who really needs that much room?

wliethof
12-08-2004, 03:23 PM
american homeshopping presenters?

wheelchairman
12-08-2004, 03:24 PM
wow Nieh....you bring new meaning to the word 'pedantic.'

nieh
12-08-2004, 03:28 PM
that's funny because until now I didn't even know pedantic was a word...

Betty
12-08-2004, 03:30 PM

You know, for the big bricks of cheese. Because first of all it's resealable lengthwise which is a pain in the ass to close properly, and actually leaves more air in the packaging. And it's really messy to get the cheese in and out. Also, it's super easy to seal cheese without the ziploc. you just put some sort of wrap around the open end and an elastic around it. Should stay mold free for about a month.