PDA

View Full Version : Haha what a tool...

sKratch
12-08-2004, 02:59 PM
So funny, pretty expensive brick/wood:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=319494&page=1&pp=30

nieh
12-08-2004, 03:23 PM
that reminds me of a much more extreme version of the time I bought a CD there. Guster - Keep it Together had 2 versions released, the regular and special edition. I had never seen either of them, but knew they both existed. I went to Best Buy, and all their copies had "Special edition, includes blah blah blah" so I bought it, took it home, opened it and was like "what the fuck? This doesn't have any of that stuff...it's the regular edition". They would only let me return it if I bought the exact same thing (meaning the same, non-special edition of it). I ended up keeping it and ordering the special edition off their website, so hooray for that. Ironically enough, me having two copies ended up coming in handy because the regular edition ended up getting stolen along with all my other cd's in my cd-binder thing, so I still have the special edition.

4eh
12-08-2004, 03:25 PM
he-he, pretty cool

DUKESTER76
12-08-2004, 05:16 PM
i have seen things like that done before about the monitor. they put things that are kinda the same and return it they just seal up the box right. and other times when people buy stuff in big boxes they take off the cushion stuff and put in other things, so they get like all this stuff for the price of one

sKratch
12-08-2004, 06:17 PM
I find this funny mostly because people I know buy things and return boxes full of junk to get their money back. If this guy had just returned it without telling them there was a brick in it he would have been fine. That's what the first guy did, obviously.

Betty
12-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah, but if they take your name and everything for the refund and then find out what's inside, wouldn't they blame you? And if you denied it they'd ask why you didn't tell them before. I guess you could give a fake name or something, but that's just getting very risky. Also, I always thought they checked the box if it was open when things were returned. Unless he pretended like it was never opened and did a good job of hiding it.

sKratch
12-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Stores don't ask for your personal information upon a return. In fact I'm sure you could give them a lot of trouble over it if they tried to--privacy and all. Anyways, all you need is a shrink-wrapping machine; if you return something shrink-wrapped they will never suspect a thing. If you use cash there won't be a paper trail leading back to you.

Linda
12-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Stores I shop at always ask for name, address and ID when products are returned. Maybe it different at different locations?

Betty
12-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I've always been asked for name, phone number, address... even at the grocery store where I worked it was policy to do so. I'm not sure however, what the policy would be on people refusing to give out the information.

sKratch
12-08-2004, 06:48 PM
I've never been asked for any form of identification. One time I used buying/returning as a form of "free renting" and it worked without a hitch. I got 2 routers for a LAN party and returned them back in the box a few days later with the receipt. The lady at the counter asked if it was broken or something and I said it was just the wrong thing. It's helpful to keep in mind that most employees just want their paycheck and really don't care if their store is getting scammed. This is assuming they work for a large corporation.

lousyskater
12-08-2004, 06:48 PM
hah, i used to go to that exact best buy until i bought a CD from there that actually wasn't a CD at all. all it was was a CD case with the booklet inside, but no booklet. i have not gone into that store since. the closest i've come to going in again was when i went to the Barnes and Nobles next door to the store.

Linda
12-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Well, in my opinion, if people get credit for return of junk, it's the stores fault.
The stores should know by now to check boxes, to make sure the correct product is inside the box. Stores have to know how dishonest people are, unless, it is friends of employees that do it?

UgLy_eLf
12-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Oh yes they do, they even ask you your name and address when you BUY the item, they do that here atleast.

Betty
12-08-2004, 07:08 PM
True it depends if you go to the right employee for the return etc...

But in this case it was a $1200 item... I don't think they'd return that as easily as a CD or something.

sKratch
12-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Oh yes they do, they even ask you your name and address when you BUY the item, they do that here atleast.
It's well within your rights to not give that information. I'm not sure whether or not they're allowed to not sell to you in that case.