PDA

View Full Version : Studio2 Video

Tomoo
02-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, on the offspringbootlegs site, there is a .MOV video in the studio folder called Studio2. At the end of it, they play about 30 seconds of a song i've never heard before. Anyone know what it is? It comes on at the end, after they show dexter playing the wah-wah solo from cant get my head around you. it sounds pretty cool.

DexterWannabe
02-13-2006, 11:11 PM
i think that it the mysterious Pass Me By-song, a demo

Venom Symbiote
02-14-2006, 06:30 AM
"Pass Me By" was a track on pretty-much all of the rumoured track-listings leading up to Splinter's release, one even submitted by Dexter himself, I believe.

Along with stuff like "Light Me Up", it was a mainstay of the early tracklistings.

They DID write more songs than ended up on Splinter (estimated 14-15), but who the fuck knows what happened to them?

It's very likely "Pass Me By" turned into "Race Against Myself", and "Light Me Up" eventually turned into what we know as "Lightning Rod". Very likely. Hell, even the "Can't Get My Head Around You" riff played in that video is different to the final version.

So yeah. I guess we'll never know.

Another funny note to add is that Noodles, when asked about "Pass Me By", had pretty-much fucking forgot about it. Something along the lines of "Hey Noodles, you guys wrote a track for Splinter named "Pass Me By" - mind explaining a bit about it" - Noodles: "We did?"

So yeah. Either he was drunk again, or it turned into "Race Against Myself", would be my guess.

Which is a shame. Because I really fucking loved that riff. My most-liked thing about Splinter, and it didn't even end up on the fucking record. :p Kinda like the "Living In Chaos" demo I guess, a kick in the teeth once you hear the original. Almost pissing your pants and yelling "Why, Oh Lord why, why must thou mock me by destroying things so?"

:( Jesus is a cunt.

YODAvid
02-14-2006, 09:56 AM
can somebody post the link to that video or load it up or nething?

punker
02-14-2006, 10:08 AM
^^right click and save as
Studio 2 (http://www.offspringbootlegs.co.uk/video/studio/Studio2.mov)

that riff is great, they should make a song with that

YODAvid
02-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks a lot, i appreciate it!

darko
02-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Here its sounds like it would have been quite a cool song!

icklebabygremlin
02-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Here its sounds like it would have been quite a cool song!
Yeah.....[Could be the re-recored dirty magic :p i know its not tho]

noodle654
02-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Sounds like Dirty Magic, mad good though, sounds good.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-14-2006, 04:53 PM
I want that song soo bad. Think it will be on their new album? *raises eyebrow*

Tomoo
02-14-2006, 05:03 PM
I think it would be a cool idea for the offspring to release a "B-sides" cd, with a ton of the shit that they recorded that never made it to any of their cds. Some of the shit (like the riff @ the end of that studio video) sounds really good. That "mission from god" song was pretty cool too. I know NOFX released one that had like 70+ songs on it i think. sure they might not be as good as the offspring songs we know now, but it would give us a lot of cool shit to listen to.

Dmarques
02-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Yah. I agree. Dual cd would be cool

Gayman
02-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Isn't that riff from (Can't Get My) Head Around You?? the beginning riff....call me stupid if it's not :D

Venom Symbiote
02-15-2006, 06:00 PM
The first one is. But it's slightly different, if you listen closely.

I like it better than the album version, funnily enough.