PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Boys Confusion

All About Eve
02-14-2006, 04:37 PM
So I'm pretty sure XYlophonetreeZ and I will be the only ones posting in this, but that's fine, because I needed to ask him a quesiton.

You told me to get their mixtape or whatever, but I can't remember the name or where you said to get it =(.

And for everyone else, this is a kickass band with about as many influences as any band out there, and they pretty much have a song for everybody. Committment, their newest, is a tad less broad, but Throwing the Game is one of my favorite albums, and everyone should check it out.

nieh
02-14-2006, 04:38 PM
I've heard of them before. What are they like? Give us some songs!

All About Eve
02-14-2006, 04:39 PM
They're not like anything, really. I'll upload a couple of my favorites here in a second.

All About Eve
02-14-2006, 04:52 PM
All of these are off Throwing the Game.

Breaking Rules (http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=20PCAB7O7GZ3R32KHZM13JNIKX)
Just a typical Altrock song, but much catchier. Stubhy's voice is great in this one. This is the type of song you're looking at for a good portion of Committment.

Bossman (http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33583W1O8I3ZA134K0RB3WT112)
One of the more well known songs off the album, has a reggae edge in it, especially when the reggae singer is actually singing. Major coincidence, huh? Good all around.

3 to 10/Cd's Caddy, pt 1 (http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=16I27FXEUZBNT1TXQQ2RR96XTP)
Has some hardcoreish punk stuff, and also some hiphop/rap stuff, and even some basic rock. Also a hell of a catchy bridge towards the end. Probably my favorite song on the album at the moment. Also a great pump up song.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-14-2006, 05:27 PM
OK, so the thing I told you about was The Red Tape Outtakes (Demos and Heartbreaks), which is a compilation of stuff they've done throughout. It's got some really old stuff as well as some brand-new stuff. Because of this, the production quality varies a lot, song-to-song. Some of them sound a little unfinished, but it contains some of my favorite songs of theirs nonetheless. You can order it via their website (www.luckyboys.com). But since it has some of their best songs, I'll upload some of them. They have comments about the songs in the liner notes, and basically it sounds like they were really pissed off at Elektra (who has since dropped them) for not including some of them on the record. But here are a few of the highlights of the album, recently added to my Savefile page (http://www.savefile.com/projects/686836). I picked 4 songs that are not only all good, but represent the diversity of the record. I might even upload the rest later so that you can get it without having to order it.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-14-2006, 05:31 PM
3 to 10/Cd's Caddy, pt 1 (http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=16I27FXEUZBNT1TXQQ2RR96XTP)
Has some hardcoreish punk stuff, and also some hiphop/rap stuff, and even some basic rock. Also a hell of a catchy bridge towards the end. Probably my favorite song on the album at the moment. Also a great pump up song.
Dude, I love that song. They close every show with it. There's an extended instrumental part and Stubhy goes "Alright, I'm gonna need two words outta you guys. The first word is 'shit.' The second word is 'warrant.'" And the crowd has really gotten into it everytime, and they finish off with a bunch of crazy improv stuff, usually involving Joe playing guitar behind his head or something. It's a great time.

Also, if you get Red Tape Outtakes, they provide clever hints that can help you figure out who "Cockboy" really is.

All About Eve
02-14-2006, 05:59 PM
I'll probably order it either way, just because I collect cds. Thanks a bunch, I'm definately getting those.

All About Eve
02-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Listened. Love all four. Evidence is my favorite, probably. Straight from the Top second.

All About Eve
02-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Bumped. People should listen to these.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-24-2006, 12:40 AM
New EP is out! I got it for my birthday ( :D :D ), and it's pretty good. As is usually the case with EPs by bands I like, I just wish there were more. It's called How to Get Out Alive, and it's got 5 songs, including a cover of "Anything, Anything" by Dramarama. I especially love "The Struggle" and "Like Rats from a Sinking Ship." Here are all the songs. (http://www.savefile.com/projects/762980) I'm sure AAE will be interested, but others should listen as well.

All About Eve
06-24-2006, 01:58 AM
I saw that it was coming out, and was actually going to ask for it for *my* birthday, in a little over a week. Thanks, Treez.

All About Eve
06-24-2006, 08:54 AM
I think savefile's messed up again, anytime I click Download This File or whatever it comes up with a page not found error.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Savefile's a pain in the ass sometimes. It just requires an annoying amount of patience, I think. I just tried it and it came up with an error the first time but worked the second time.

All About Eve
06-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Alright, I'm gonna try it again later when I have time to mess with it. I use yousendit half the time because of that even though I have a savefile.

All About Eve
09-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Indefinite Hiatus. Fail!

Llamas
09-20-2006, 07:38 PM
what??? when did they announce this?? when I saw them in july, they seemed so excited about the EP and such... that's sad. :(

XYlophonetreeZ
09-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Shit, yo.

Shit ain't cool.

All About Eve
09-20-2006, 10:59 PM
They posted a bulletin on MySpace. How unpersonal is that?!

Hey gang, we've decided its time to address all the rumors going around concerning the band right now. As you've no doubt noticed, we haven't announced our fall tour dates yet. The reason being is that the band, after 9 years playing together, is going on an indefinite hiatus. We basically burned ourselves out after our 9 week tour this summer and most of us are looking forward to being home for awhile and having some sense of normality. I wish we could give you guys more info, but lots of things are up in the air right now. Basically, the upcoming three shows in Iowa and Minnesota might be our last for quite a long time. We are still definitely locked in for Songs From A Scene in Chicago in late December, so if you can't make it out next weekend there will still be a couple chances to catch us. Our fans are seriously some of the most rabid, loyal, hard partying kids and I hope you know how much we've appreciated you all over this past decade of rock n roll. More to come when we know more....

Llamas
09-21-2006, 12:25 AM
:( and I just got into them in July. That's so traumatic!

SkunkIt
09-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Good band, I'm listening to them now.

All About Eve
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Updaaaate!

Trick or Treat!! Whats up fools? Some of you have been asking what we've been up to lately. So here's a little update for you. We miss you all and look forward to seeing some of you at the yearly Songs From a Scene shows in December!

Adam is on the road playing keyboards for reggae/soul/ska band Deal's Gone Bad. Come out and have a drink with him or just say hello. You can catch him at the following shows;

10/25/2006 Detroit, MI -Labyrinth
10/26/2006 Akron, OH -Chuck's Steakhouse
10/27/2006 Parlin, NJ -Madison Park Firehouse
10/28/2006 New York City, NY -Knitting Factory -w/The Toasters
10/29/2006 Philadelphia, PA -Trocadero Theatre
10/30/2006 Boston, MA -Linwood Bar and Grill
11/01/2006 Pittsburgh, PA -Lawrenceville Moose -w/The Toasters
11/02/2006 Cleveland, OH -Grog Shop -w/The Toasters
11/03/2006 Toledo, OH -Club Bijou -w/The Toasters
11/04/2009 Grand Rapids, MI -Skelletones
11/05/2006 Chicago, IL -Congress Theatre -Riot Fest

After the tour he is heading to Long Beach, CA to work with producer Michael "Miguel" Happoldt (the producer of Sublime, Long Beach Allstars, etc.).

Stubhy is surrounding himself with his other passion in life…comic books. He is currently working at Graham Crackers Comics. He's also keeping busy with Shock Stars. He's getting close to finishing a record and putting together a live band. Also, he has some projects in the next months that he's going to be producing on the east coast. But perhaps most importantly, Stubhy got engaged after the Bowling For Soup tour and is planning on getting married next year.

Ryan has become an entertainment writer for the Insider; a new weekly focusing on arts and entertainment in the western suburbs. He's going to have his own "out and about" type of column and will be looking for news submissions (upcoming shows, new bands etc.) as soon as things get up and running. He's also playing tennis twice a week and drinking obscene amounts of rum.

Jason is playing/writing music everyday. He's enjoying his new apartment, BBQ'n, checking out new bars in the neighborhood, and preparing for a cold ass winter.

Joe is trying to break the record for the most consecutive hours spent reading harry potter. He's doing fine and working in Naperville.

Also stay tuned for a live acoustic cd as well as the forthcoming book; Medicine and Gasoline / On the road in America with Lucky Boys Confusion by Derek Brezette.

That's all for now. Be safe!!

Go Stubhy!

All About Eve
04-03-2007, 09:11 PM
*missin' u* :(

Llamas
04-05-2007, 07:53 AM
I missed this thread before. They're not broken up? Has there been any news since then? Cause that's awesome.

DeAtHsTaR
04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
LBC rocks.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Stubhy's got some stuff out with this "Shock Stars" band. They're kinda good, actually.

All About Eve
04-07-2007, 12:31 AM
They seem a bit more generic than LBC, though. Idk if I'll buy an album of theirs or not.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-07-2007, 02:37 AM
The second song listed on their myspace is really good. The first one is pretty good. The third one, Strawberry Lake or some shit or whatever, is honestly one of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life.

I'll probably get their EP.

Llamas
04-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Someone link the myspace...?

One to the right
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Im not a big fan of Stubhy's new project but I love LBC, if anyone is ever looking for any rare LBC tracks, lmk because I have a lot.

Llamas
04-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh man. I just found their myspace. Butterfly is like 10,000 out of 10. Holy shit. I love it. Trying too hard is totally 10/10. VERY good. Baby Baby is probably 9/10. Also very good. Strawberry Lake is like 7/10. The voice effects are really annoying, and it's just way too boy band poppy.

Based on these songs, I like them as much as LBC. However, I'm a newer fan of LBC, as I hadn't heard them at all until this past summer when I saw them live with a friend and met them backstage. I grew to like them very quickly, but I haven't been a fan long enough to feel the loyalty others probably feel. I really, really enjoy Butterfly and Trying Too Hard. Holy shit, I want this EP.

XYlophonetreeZ
04-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Whoa whoa, lemme check out this Butterfly thing. That wasn't up there last I checked.

Hey One to the right. Cool username. I've been a fan ever since my Chicagoan cousin introduced them to me in 2001 when he played Throwing the Game for me. Saw them at the Metro at the very first Songs from a Scene, and I've seen them here in North Carolina 3 times since. Always good to see another LBC fan.

All About Eve
04-19-2007, 03:37 PM
It's pretty good. I forgot to mention it when I saw it.

Llamas
04-19-2007, 03:39 PM
I find it absolutely terrific. It alone makes me want the EP.

All About Eve
04-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't think it's on the EP, though.

One to the right
04-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Whoa whoa, lemme check out this Butterfly thing. That wasn't up there last I checked.

Hey One to the right. Cool username. I've been a fan ever since my Chicagoan cousin introduced them to me in 2001 when he played Throwing the Game for me. Saw them at the Metro at the very first Songs from a Scene, and I've seen them here in North Carolina 3 times since. Always good to see another LBC fan.

Thanks man, I've been a fan since throwing the game too. I like all their stuff though. Im pretty pissed they went on Hiatus since I haevn't been able to see them live yet since I always miss them when they come to Boston. I just picked up their new live and acoustic album they recorded at the beat kitchen last june and it is great.

One to the right
04-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I can't believe Butterfly isn't on the Shock Stars EP...its one of their better songs.

Llamas
05-01-2007, 08:04 AM
As a way to show our unwavering appreciation to all of you, our
friends, we are going to be giving away EVERY song on our Shock Stars
EP! Starting Monday, May 7th, visit the Shock Stars MySpace Page every
day from 6pm-8pm central time until the following Monday, May 14th, to
download a different song each day. It will be the 3rd song listed on
our MySpace Music Player during that time. From "Driving Too Fast" to
"Take Him Back," you won't want to miss out on this opportunity to own
the EP at the best price yet: FREE!!! So come take part in the
downloading frenzy, and help spread Shock Stars' music from your
computer to your CD player, to your friend's CD player, to their
friend's CD player, etc. etc.!!!! We hope to see all you midwesterners
(and anyone else in the country or world) at the Metro on June 21st,
our first ALL AGES show in Chicago, and at our first Milwaukee gig at
Summerfest July 3rd with AFI!!!!!!

Monday, May 7th - Driving Too Fast
Tuesday, May 8th - Strawberry Lake
Wednesday, May 9th - Biggest Mistake
Thursday, May 10th - Trying Too Hard
Friday, May 11th - Medicate My Wounds
Saturday, May 12th - Stop Dancing
Sunday, May 13th - Take Him Back

Don't miss a song!!!

-----

Awesome! I so need to remember this next week and make sure I grab the song each day. It looks as though Butterfly and Baby Baby aren't on the album... and Strawberry Lake is... :( But I'm excited to have Trying Too Hard, and check out the other songs. :)

One to the right
05-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I already have driving to fast but I'll snag the other ones with the exception of strawberry lake, which like you said pretty much sucks.

All About Eve
05-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Could you upload them? I can't be online during those times.

Llamas
05-03-2007, 05:28 AM
I already have driving to fast but I'll snag the other ones with the exception of strawberry lake, which like you said pretty much sucks.

I'll probably be a tool and grab them all, just cause... even though that song does suck.

Sure, I'll do it after I have them all, no problem.

One to the right
05-03-2007, 11:42 AM
For those who like LBC, you haven't heard the live and acoustic album I uploaded some songs from it including "Selectively Anti-Social" which is an unreleased track from Stubhy's first band...great song.
Slip Live-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/om31g3
Blood Drops Live-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ag7gm
Selectively Anti Social Live-
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qgcq9f
Mr. Wlmington Live w/ Harmonica
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6wr0j5
Anything Anything Acoustic Live(Dramarama Cover)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9swmuv

One to the right
05-07-2007, 04:24 PM
I just went to the Shock Stars myspace site and I couldn't figure you where you go to get the free downloads so hopefully someone else here can get them.

Llamas
05-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I just went to the Shock Stars myspace site and I couldn't figure you where you go to get the free downloads so hopefully someone else here can get them.

It's always the third song on their playlist. Tonight is Driving Too Fast, so you just click the "Download" button. :)

One to the right
05-07-2007, 05:47 PM
It's always the third song on their playlist. Tonight is Driving Too Fast, so you just click the "Download" button. :)

Im a moron, I think I went an hour too early, the central time thing threw me off :)

Llamas
05-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Im a moron, I think I went an hour too early, the central time thing threw me off :)

haha! I had to count... cause we're 7 hours ahead of central time... I was like 6-8PM... shit, will I be awake? :-D

All About Eve
05-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Sure, I'll do it after I have them all, no problem.
Ahem ahem?

Llamas
05-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Ahem ahem?

Yes? I don't have them yet. :P

All About Eve
05-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh. You're a faggot, then.

Llamas
05-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Dude, they've only released one for download so far.

And since you called me a faggot, I'm soooo not uploading them.

Llamas
05-08-2007, 04:39 PM

They changed it... now they're having one song per day, all day instead of for only 2 hours. So now you can grab them yourself. :)

One to the right
05-09-2007, 06:20 PM
The song on there today Biggest Mistake is pretty damn good.

All About Eve
05-09-2007, 07:56 PM
They changed it... now they're having one song per day, all day instead of for only 2 hours. So now you can grab them yourself. :)
It's a shame I'm only online 2 minutes a day and still can't.

Bazza
05-10-2007, 05:39 AM
Shock Stars - Biggest Mistake (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=35FCA5A05B79847A)
Shock Stars - Driving Too Fast (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=11C67AC977BA6B30)
Shock Stars - Strawberry Lake (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AD6E150F2AD921E5)

I didn't notice this thread before, and had never heard of LBC or Shock Stars, but after listening to them I've found that they're actually pretty good!

Bazza
05-11-2007, 06:16 AM
Why's there no song to download today? :confused:

One to the right
05-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Maybe you checked too early, Trying Too Hard was up yesterday and im downloading Medicate My Wounds right now.

Bazza
05-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Ahh, yes. I didn't take into account the time-zones etc. :rolleyes:

DeAtHsTaR
05-19-2007, 01:43 PM
What songs by LBC should I get? So far I have The Struggle (Getting Out Alive), Hey Driver, City Lights, and Dumb Pop Song.

One to the right
05-24-2007, 12:33 PM
What songs by LBC should I get? So far I have The Struggle (Getting Out Alive), Hey Driver, City Lights, and Dumb Pop Song.

Those are good ones but you should also try to get Blood Drops, Medicine and Gasoline, Slip, Mr. Wilmington, One to The Right, Broken, Rolling Rock, Hey, Sunday Afternoon, Arizona Stand, Fred Astaire, Not About Debra, Breaking Rules, When Bad News Gets Worse, Anything,Anything, Like Rats from a sinking ship and Bossman among others :) If you need help getting any of these, PM me and I'll send you them.

One to the right
05-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Just saw that Adam Krier and Jason from LBC are starting this new band called American Taxi...they just put their first song on myspace but said they will have more next week. They sound pretty decent.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=194283535

Llamas
06-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Who's heard the new song on the Shock Stars page? I like it a lot. I'm starting to like Shock Stars more than LBC. I'm not sure why yet.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-04-2007, 01:54 AM
That song is tits. "I Got a Feeling," it's called. Catchy as hell.

Llamas
06-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Agreed. And it's got a really great sound with lots of style. <3

XYlophonetreeZ
06-04-2007, 02:14 AM
Yeah, lately the songs they've put up have been getting better and better. I wish they'd waited longer to put out their EP because it would have been a lot better. With the exception of "Trying Too Hard" and "Medicate My Wounds" (the latter grew on me as I came to realize it's a brilliant songwriting departure, and quite a pretty song), I thought their debut EP was kinda meh. But songs like "Baby Baby," "Butterfly," and especially this new one which is my current favorite, had all damn well better end up on their next release, because they're generally just way better than the other stuff.

Llamas
06-04-2007, 03:06 AM
I so totally agree. Strawberry Lake grew on me, but it's still a very average song. Driving Too Fast, Trying Too Hard and Medicate My Wounds are fantastic, but the three new ones you mentioned seriously own even those songs. I rather wish they could just release an LP... but I understand why they can't. But you at least made me realize maybe why I'm liking them more and more; their songs are getting better and better. :)

One to the right
06-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Shock Stars better than LBC? I wouldn't go that far :) I gotta check out this new Shock Stars song though. Biggest Mistake was actually an unreleased LBC song I believe that Stubhy released with the Shock Stars.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-06-2007, 02:15 PM
This just in: I am officially declaring "Medicate My Wounds" the best song thus far of 2007. LBC and Stubhy have proven themselves capable of many things, but Stubhy really went out into uncharted waters on this one. It's not the most original song ever, but it's a very touching, beautiful song with some things that he's never done before and he pulled it off magnificently. Kind of like "Le Chanson de Soldat" in that way.

All About Eve
06-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey dude, can you send that to me?

One to the right
06-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I started really liking it on the second play. The Lyrics are amazing.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Hey dude, can you send that to me?
Unfortunately, no. My brother bought the EP and I can only hear it when I set up both of our computers in the same network. And his disc drive is broken, so burning a CD is out as well:(

One to the right
06-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Someone who snagged the songs via the myspace giveaway should be able to help you, I would have been able to do it but my harddrive crashed and I lost my music.

All About Eve
06-13-2007, 11:58 PM
The new Shock Stars song, "EMT", is pretty fucking good.

One to the right
06-21-2007, 10:56 AM
If you check Stubhy's myspace page he has a new shock stars song called "fast fast" on there. With all these unrealeased songs they could have put out a full album.

All About Eve
06-21-2007, 01:09 PM
I bet they will by Christmas. I'm very stoked. Once I get my paycheck soon, I'll probably buy the EP online.

H1T_That
06-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I checked out thier myspace, and they sounded pretty good. So i got Comittment. Holy fucking shit, this is some funky catchy awesome shit. I've listened to the album around 5 times through now. FUCK FUCK FUCK, its great stuff.

All About Eve
06-28-2007, 10:27 AM
"Throwing the Game" is a better album in my opinion, as it has a much more diverse range of music styles.

Llamas
06-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I bought How To Get Out Alive first... and then Commitment. Then I downloaded Throwing the Game and uh, Growing Up? I can't really get into EPs unless I'm already into a band, so I wasn't really big on Alive for a long time. When I got Commitment, I was in love for a while, and then fell in love with Alive. I've yet to really get into the other two. I'm sure part of it is because I don't have the actual albums, as I tend to get into albums more if I buy them. I'm weird, I know. I think my favorite album at this point is Alive. It's not the most diverse, but each song is extremely well written. Such a strong EP.

I still like Commitment quite a bit, but I find it overly poppy at this point. I've listened to Throwing the Game more, and I think it's probably a better album, even though I'm not totally into it.

One to the right
06-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Throwing the Game is their best album and I absolutely love How To Get Out Alive but Commitment does have a few of my favorite songs like Closer to our graves, Broken and Mr. Wilmington.

nightvision
08-10-2007, 06:10 AM
I absolutely love this band but I'm having troubles finding these albums:

Growing Out Of It
The Soapbox Spectacle
The Red Tape Outtakes
Live and Acoustic

I really want the actual cd's but I could only find them for insane prices at Amazon. So... Could someone upload any of these?

All About Eve
08-10-2007, 06:41 PM
If you can't find Growing out of It, then you haven't actually looked in a CD store yet.

nightvision
08-11-2007, 03:28 AM
Link please.

All About Eve
08-11-2007, 06:33 AM
I can't give you a link to your local CD store...

nightvision
08-11-2007, 09:00 AM
No CD store near me will have any LBC records, trust me.

All About Eve
08-11-2007, 10:55 AM
You used to be able to get them from Deepdiscountcd or Best Buy, but apparently you can't anymore. I don't know then.

Llamas
08-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Alec, he lives in Sweden. When I was in Austria, there was no chance of ever finding LBC cds. Ever. I'm pretty sure it's the same in Sweden.

One to the right
10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Nightvision- Did you check there official store at bluecollardistro, this is where I bought my live and acoustic cd and they have all the rest and they do ship internationally.
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/luckyboysconfusion/categories.php?cPath=56

SkunkIt
10-01-2007, 09:23 PM

Push me to the side

H1T_That
10-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Anyone help me find these songs..

envy
23 (god only knows)
rolling rock
cockboys daddy
LBC
masala
king of apathy
slow down
arizona stand
first encounter with a devil
what get me high
gwendolyn B. sings sin
of course
back then...
keep talking
deja vous

major thanks to anyone who can help.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-02-2007, 02:08 PM
So you basically just listed all of the songs from Growing Out of It and The Soapbox Spectacle EP that were not redone for Throwing the Game. I have it all except for First Encounter With a Devil and CB's Caddy Part II. I actually don't know if there was ever a part I, come to think of it. I'll upload it in the Music Sharing Thread when I have time, which hopefully will be later tonight.

"Rolling Rock" was on The Red Tape Outtakes, which by the way is highly recommended as a whole.

One to the right
10-02-2007, 04:22 PM
I have all those songs on my ipod, I probably have some of the cd's as well, I can start uploading some of those later.

H1T_That
10-03-2007, 11:27 AM
So you basically just listed all of the songs from Growing Out of It and The Soapbox Spectacle EP that were not redone for Throwing the Game. I have it all except for First Encounter With a Devil and CB's Caddy Part II. I actually don't know if there was ever a part I, come to think of it. I'll upload it in the Music Sharing Thread when I have time, which hopefully will be later tonight.

"Rolling Rock" was on The Red Tape Outtakes, which by the way is highly recommended as a whole.

Yeah, thats basically what i was looking for.

Thanks.

nightvision
10-04-2007, 06:20 AM
Nightvision- Did you check there official store at bluecollardistro, this is where I bought my live and acoustic cd and they have all the rest and they do ship internationally.
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/luckyboysconfusion/categories.php?cPath=56

Yeah I've checked it and I actually got The Soapbox Spectacle from there but Live And Acoustic is out of stock. I also got The Red Tape Outtakes from Ebay. So the ones I'm missing are Growing Out Of It and Live And Acoustic.

One to the right
10-04-2007, 11:14 AM
I purchased the Live and Acoustic from there, would you like me to upload each song for you or are you holding out for the actual cd?

nightvision
10-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I actually managed to find a download for it a few weeks ago so I have the songs but I really want the cd as well.

Thanks anyway.

jamesmh
10-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I have all their cds but live and acoustic. Can someone upload the songs for me? I want to buy it but its sold out and there is no way to get it. Thanks.

nightvision
10-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Here's a torrent for it: http://www.torrentportal.com/details/1331913/Lucky+Boys+Confusion+-+Live+and+Acoustic.torrent.html

I'm seeding it myself. Might not work that well all the time though since my internet connection's been fucking up a lot lately.

Sham
10-07-2007, 06:17 PM
I've never heard them before, but I'm listening to their Myspace right now. Hey Driver is pretty shitty, but Needle in my arm is pretty good

Edit: Soldier Song is awesome, but The Power sucks

All About Eve
10-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey Driver is the epitome of all things overly ridiculously catchy. Bad form, sham, bad form.

jamesmh
10-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I've been doing the torrent for a couple hours and i am up to .4%. Is anyone willing to put the album up on yousendit or a site like albumbase or any other hosting site for that matter????

H1T_That
10-08-2007, 05:49 AM
I've never heard them before, but I'm listening to their Myspace right now. Hey Driver is pretty shitty, but Needle in my arm is pretty good

Edit: Soldier Song is awesome, but The Power sucks

You got to be kidding me?

Sham
10-08-2007, 07:10 AM
No, I am not kidding you.

nightvision
10-08-2007, 07:22 AM
I've been doing the torrent for a couple hours and i am up to .4%. Is anyone willing to put the album up on yousendit or a site like albumbase or any other hosting site for that matter????

This is for you :).

http://d.turboupload.com/d/2077492/Lucky_Boys_Confusion_-_Live_and_Acoustic.rar.html

jamesmh
10-08-2007, 11:33 AM
awesome. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

nightvision
10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
You're welcome :).

One to the right
10-13-2007, 09:31 AM
No, I am not kidding you.

Hey, I agree about Hey Driver, however I would say im a fan of The Power of The Ganja. However those songs on their myspace are not a great judge of their other work, you should see about downloading some of their stuff from Throwing The Game and How To Get Out Alive.

All About Eve
10-13-2007, 09:49 AM
I agree, Throwing the Game is the most diverse stuff, and How to Get Out Alive is the most 'mature' sounding.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Agreed completely. Commitment attempted to be that "mature" sound, but the music was probably even more formulaic than their earlier stuff and it just sounded like they weren't having as much fun. How to Get Out Alive is still a bit formulaic (e.g. a gang-vocals bridge in BOTH The Struggle and Cigarettes), but it's an improvement.

That all said, I don't think Commitment is a bad album and I love Hey Driver.

All About Eve
10-13-2007, 12:22 PM
That all said, I don't think Commitment is a bad album and I love Hey Driver.
Totally. Committment got me into them as well, so I go back and listen to it all the time. The only songs on it I don't really like are the first and last tracks.

One to the right
10-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Commitment is a good album too, Im a fan of the band so I can listen to anything they put out. There are definately some misses on it though. A lot of people hate Blame, I actually like it. Songs I don't like as much on commitment are Hey Driver, You Weren't There and Beware. How To Get Out Alive has The Struggle, When Bad News Gets Worse, Rats from a sinking ship and Anything Anything and it is an EP so thats pretty damn impressive. Throwing The Game is pretty much a flawless album. It blends so many different styles and blends old LBC and new LBC. It pissed that they still are touring the East Coast, only the midwest, hopefully soon.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-17-2007, 11:47 PM
http://www.shockstars.com/banner.jpg
Wow, Stubhy is SUCH A FAG now. And even though he sounds increasingly like the dude from Fall Out Boy with every new song they put up, I really like Shock Stars on the whole. And I really like their newest song "Dancing on Thin Ice" even though it sounds almost exactly like a Fall Out Boy outtake. Fuck me, I'm gay.

Llamas
10-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Holy fuck. He (and his entire band) look like flaming homos.

I enjoy all their songs besides Strawberry Lake. That song fucking sucks. But yes, they do sound more and more like Fallout Boy... but not shitty.

Dancing on Thin Ice is good.

All About Eve
10-18-2007, 03:13 PM
wtf, Strawberry Lake is fantastic.

Treez: As long as I don't have to look, just listen, I'm fine.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Holy fuck. He (and his entire band) look like flaming homos.

I enjoy all their songs besides Strawberry Lake. That song fucking sucks. But yes, they do sound more and more like Fallout Boy... but not shitty.

Dancing on Thin Ice is good.
I must agree with every point here.

All About Eve
10-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Fuck both of you. Strawberry Lake is fantastic.

Llamas
10-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Sure, if you like horribly shitty pop songs that sound like a bad attempt at NSYNC.

One to the right
10-20-2007, 09:06 PM
I must agree, Strawberry Lake is bad. Shock Stars doesn't really have a unique sound to me like LBC did. Its funny there is a section of " Dancing on thin Ice" where all the lyrics are taken from an old song from LBC called "She Said" that they never recorded. I have it from a live show though.

H1T_That
10-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Anyone help me find these songs..

envy
23 (god only knows)
rolling rock
cockboys daddy
LBC
masala
king of apathy
slow down
arizona stand
first encounter with a devil
what get me high
gwendolyn B. sings sin
of course
back then...
keep talking
deja vous

major thanks to anyone who can help.

*cough**cough*

nightvision
10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
envy
23 (god only knows)
rolling rock
LBC
gwendolyn B. sings sin (acoustic... don't have the original version)

---> http://www.savefile.com/files/1140515

H1T_That
10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Thank you .

One to the right
10-27-2007, 12:56 PM
*cough**cough*
Here are nine more,
Arizona Stand
Back Then
Deja Vu
Gwendolyn B
King of Apathy
Masala
Of Course
Slow Down
What gets me high

http://www.savefile.com/projects/808497598

nightvision
10-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Nice! Thank you!

One to the right
06-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Just wanted to bump this after seeing some promising news on their Myspace. Stubhy posted this blog that stated that an LBC "Lost" album could be released in the near future. I was pretty unsure if I would ever hear anything new from them and I hope this happens because I really liked how they sounded on their last EP and would like to see how they would follow it. Original blog post below.

First and foremost, Ryan Fergus (our drummer) just had a beautiful baby boy (well, his wife did), his name is Ryder Michael Fergus.

I went to go see him a couple days after he was born and he's very cute and is going to be a little hellraiser for sure!!

On just a slightly smaller note, my chinchillas are going to have babies! I'm just being stupid but yes, they really are, if we have more than 2 we might find homes for a couple, they can have up to eight!!!

June 13th Adam & I will be playing an acoustic set at Flatlanders in Lincolnshire similar to our Beat Kitchen shows that we just played. Last time we played in January the show sold out. These shows are a lot of fun, we tell stories about the songs - as long as the crowd isn't too obnoxious - and drink and have an intimate party setting show. Make sure to get tickets soon or get there when doors open.

July 26th Lucky Boys Confusion at House of Blues Chicago!!! It'll be our only full band show of the summer, get your tickets asap, they will go fast - we will announce the other bands very soon!

BIG NON-BABY NEWS!!! I have a new band called the Insecurities. We are kind of like a Ryan Adams, Bright Eyes, Counting Crows, Bruce Springsteen vibe mixed with songs like South Union, King Of Apathy & Never Like This. We don't really have any quality recordings up right now, just some stuff I did myself on Garageband w/out any real mics, but we do have some live videos of our first impromptu show. We filled in for Shock Stars after 3 practices, it was still awesome just a little loose. June 10th we start recording our studio album and we have some great names helping us out with the project - Steve Gillis (Filter), Dan Duszynski (This Is Me Smiling), Brian Sherman (Shock Stars) and of course, James Harley (LBC, Quiet Drive) and a plethora of my musician friends doing cameos on it.

So please, please go check it out now and add us and we'll put the songs up in July or early August!

www. myspace. com/theinsecuritiesmusic

On more news, American Taxi (www. myspace. com/americantaximusic), Shock Stars (www. myspace. com/shockstars) and the Insecurities (www. myspace. com/theinsecuritiesmusic) will all be taking part of this years MOBfest (www. chicagomobfest. com). MOBfest is an annual showcase of up and coming Chicago music and is a really great event to expose some worthy bands.

Shock Stars June 20th @ Metro w/ the Frantic and Last Fast Action (18+)
American Taxi June 21st @ Metro w/ Inept and Danger Is My Middle Name (All Ages)
The Insecurities June 21st @ Elbo Room w/ Swizzle Tree & Moxxy (21+)

The American Taxi show ends at 10pm and the Insecurities play at 1130 so it's plenty of time to come out and rock both shows that night and catch Shock Stars the day before.

We are making the AmTaxi/Inept the official pre party and the Swizzle Tree/Insecurities the after party so come and party with us!! You might just see some cool cameos.

Any other news? Oh.... still working on getting that LBC "Lost" album out... ssshhhh.....

Stubhy

Oh yeah, to the kid that kept screaming throughout the 21plus Beat Kitchen show while I was trying to telling stories, you're officially on the asshole list! There are other amazing fans that would have appreciated the show that didn't get in and you ruined moments of the show for the people around you. You can now only redeem yourself by video taping yourself doing 200 push ups while blasting "I'm A Bitch" by Meredith Brooks on repeat and sending it to Stubhy@aol.com.

One to the right
02-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Even though I no longer listen to LBC with regularity I just wanted to report that they will be releasing a new full length album on May 24th, 2009. It will be their first full length since Commitment in 2003. I will definitely have to check it out and see if they are still good.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Whoa, awesome. I thought they were done for. Though I've gotta say, Stubhy's really gone downhill. I enjoyed some Shock Stars stuff, but the Insecurities are awful. Hopefully having the band back together will improve his style.

By the way, do you have a link for this piece of news? There's nothing on their myspace.

One to the right
02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Whoa, awesome. I thought they were done for. Though I've gotta say, Stubhy's really gone downhill. I enjoyed some Shock Stars stuff, but the Insecurities are awful. Hopefully having the band back together will improve his style.

By the way, do you have a link for this piece of news? There's nothing on their myspace.

They announced it at SFAS according to wikipedia and there is a new video on youtube on them mentioning it before playing Fred Astaire at a show.
In December 2008, at their 8th annual Songs From A Scene shows at the Metro in Chicago, the band announced they will be releasing a new album sometime in 2009. It will be the band's 3rd full length studio album, following 2003's Commitment. According to guitarist Adam Krier, the tracks have already been recorded for the new album.

On January 30, 2009 at the Rave Bar in Milwaukee, Lucky Boys Confusion announced that they will hold an album release show for their upcoming, unnamed album on Sunday May 24th at the Double Door in Chicago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfuKQti5Zqk&feature=related

Edit- I just did some hunting on AbsolutePunk and apparently the songs were recorded during the How to Get Out Alive era...I consider that album to contain some of their best work so that is good.

XYlophonetreeZ
05-15-2012, 02:37 PM
So, this is about year-old news, but I had sort of lost interest in what these guys were doing after Stubhy joined that fucking awful Insecurities band. Well, he went and got himself out of that shit and formed a new band called- I shit you not- The Super Happy Fun Club.

They have a single called "Way Back (The Conflict)" and an EP called- I again shit you not- "Go Fun Yourself."

It sounds like a total joke, but the music's actually kind of good. Nothing real original here, but it's pretty decent punk-influenced pop rock. Of the various projects he's been involved with (also Shock Stars and The Insecurities), this is definitely the most similar to LBC.

You can listen to it all for free on their soundcloud page http://soundcloud.com/superhappyfunclub

nightvision
05-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Hey, thanks for the update! Sounds pretty good and indeed similar to LBC.

Llamas
05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
I actually miss Shock Stars. Maybe even more than LBC, strangely enough.

This new stuff isn't bad. Thanks for the update!!

cool 2 hate 681
05-16-2012, 01:08 PM
it looks like the guitar player for this band has passed away

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2750452&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+absolutepunknet+%28AbsolutePu nk.net+-+News%29

XYlophonetreeZ
05-16-2012, 07:45 PM
it looks like the guitar player for this band has passed away

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2750452&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+absolutepunknet+%28AbsolutePu nk.net+-+News%29
This is really sad, and a little eerie that it would happen the day after I bumped this thread.

Joe was a really good guitarist and always had tons of fun. I remember how he always played behind his head when they closed with the extended version of "3 to 10." One of my best memories from their shows was one time when Stubhy and Adam briefly went offstage, presumably to yell at the sound guy because he sucked at that show, and Joe led the other guys in a punk cover of "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid with gratuitous vulgarities inserted in the lyrics.

Little known fact: Joe was actually Cockboy, the band's recurring character that they kept mentioning in songs ("He had a pimp caddy, you know you can't blame us, but we had to make the backseat, backseat famous"). I figured this out when I got their B-sides comp The Red Tape Outtakes. One of the band member's comments on "Evidence" in the liner notes said something like "There's a rumor that Cockboy played the solo on this song while smoking a joint, but I was there during recording and can testify that it was none other than Joseph Peter Sell. So only half of the rumor was true." Well, the band also had one live recording on that album called "The Power of the Ganja," and in that song they reveal that Joe is the only member of the band who didn't smoke weed. Just a fun bit of trivia.

http://chicagoist.com/2012/05/16/joe_sell_from_lucky_boys_confusion.php Article reveals that he's been fighting undisclosed health problems for a little while. Didn't know that. Knew that he drank like a fucking animal and had gained a lot of weight back in the middle part of last decade, though.

Edit: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120516/entlife/120519904/
Another article, reveals he had pancreas problems and had struggled with multiple addictions. Some nice remarks from Stubhy.

XYlophonetreeZ
05-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Just a couple of videos of Joe being awesome:

Little Mermaid song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYPvBtShHzU)
Band playing 40/80, check his solo at the end. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ZBPnTCNd0)

Llamas
05-19-2012, 06:30 AM
I actually met Joe the first time I saw the band. I didn't know who they were, but they were playing at Milwaukee's Summerfest festival, and my best friend loved them and wanted to see them. While I was waiting, I went to check out their merch tent and was gonna buy one of their B-sides albums, because the only other one they had available was the last EP, How to Get Out Alive, and I don't like buying EPs because there aren't enough songs to make it worth my while (unless I'm already a huge fan). But the merch guy was trying to convince me to buy the EP (I guess the band was much prouder of it, and since they'd released it independently, they'd get more of a profit off the sale). I still didn't wanna pay the same amount for only 5 songs, but the guy told me that if I bought it, he'd see if he could take me backstage to get it signed. I bought it, and Joe was the only member kind enough (keep in mind, they were getting ready to go on - I couldn't blame the other guys for not coming out to meet me) to come out and talk to me a bit. He was so kind and friendly, signed my CD, and gave me a heartfelt thank you for buying it. His attitude made the show 100x more enjoyable, and it definitely helped turn me into a fan. Plus, after buying Commitment and checking out their others, How to Get Out Alive is probably the best thing they ever did. Definitely worth it.

But Joe was a super nice guy, and I'm actually legit sad he died so young.

Tommyboy
05-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Oh man that sucks, I love these guys.:(