PDA

View Full Version : We are spoiled

Call it an Obsession
02-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Before i say anything this is entirely my own opinion and i just feel like mentioning this. The Offspring are an above average band. They are not the most famous band in the world, and i'm kind of glad they aren't, but they are still recognised as a great band by a lot of fans (us). We feel like we really know Dexter, Noodles, Greg and Atom (Don't forget Ron). Not many bands are 'one with their fans'. I feel like we can relate to them as an everyday friend unlike other bands which just dont contribute enough to keep us entertained (don't get me wrong... some bands obviously do). We should be privileged to have Dexter. He spends his own time to come on and personally keep us informed by leaving journal entries etc. (unless he gets some guy to do it for him but i doubt that, the flight around the world kind of proved that it was him). Noodles occasionally comes on the forums (well it better be him) and has a casual chat among us which is nice and friendly. Atom had his little journal entry spree which was fun for a while... until he stopped but i'm sure he'll start up again after his side project with angels and airwaves. Greg... his moment to shine is yet to come. There is not much output from Greg but we all love him anyway :p .
I would just like to say i am personally proud to be supporting The Offspring.
It would be cool if we were to be told about what's happening first though wouldn't it? ;)

YODAvid
02-15-2006, 02:08 PM
i leave all this uncommented.... but i need to say that all that sounds a little.... suck-upish to the band.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Its not that suck-upish. Its a thanks because they actually give a shit. A lot of bands tour for the hell of it, because they want money, and hate the fans. These guys love us. Or so we think. But I dont care, Ill buy their stuff. Ill go to their concerts.

offspring_freak_3
02-15-2006, 02:13 PM
nice words Call it an Obsession, i agree with u :)

Call it an Obsession
02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
nice words Call it an Obsession, i agree with u :)
thanx didn't actually think people could be bothered reading it

Sinister
02-15-2006, 02:16 PM
I read, and I liked it. the guys are pretty close to their fans. which is good. :D

Venom Symbiote
02-15-2006, 05:08 PM
*smiles*

Here we go again... :)

It's only recently they've decided to "give a shit" as you put it. But still, it's nice to see them making an effort, something I haven't really seen since the days of the Conspiracy release.

So yeah, props to Dexter, for one.

Hux
02-15-2006, 08:57 PM
They definately like, appreciate and can relate to us fans. They do come into contact with us, even though it's a little.

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 04:16 AM
Without being a bastard (I'm liking and appreciating the updates as much as the next guy!), this thread seems kind of out of place. The Offspring aren't really "in touch" with the fans anywhere near as much as a lot of other bands are.

I mean, they're not bad, they do their stuff. And for a high-profile band they sure are down-to-earth, which is fucking admirable I think.

But compared to like The Aquabats and AFI and all, even half the emo bands, in terms of website contribution they're not exactly the Dhalai Llamas this thread seems to make them out to be. ;) :)

Y'know? It's cool, just...don't overdo it with the praise TOO much. :cool:

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-16-2006, 05:11 AM
I like the last sentence, about us knowing stuff first :p

But hey...you're right, the band members keep us updated when we really beg for it :p Thanks guys!

Venom Symbiote
02-16-2006, 05:14 AM
On a completely unrelated note, I've probably said it before, but fuck it: Sinister, man, your forum avatar is most-righteously badass.

*high five* Nice work, fellow Shigeru Disciple. May the Lord Shiggy D smile upon you forevermore. :D

Rutegard
02-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Its not that suck-upish. Its a thanks because they actually give a shit. A lot of bands tour for the hell of it, because they want money, and hate the fans. These guys love us. Or so we think. But I dont care, Ill buy their stuff. Ill go to their concerts.

right!.....if i get to see them i'll give them some money ;) lol but yeah...i'll always support them, they deserve it!!

Talman
02-17-2006, 12:39 PM
I'll agree to an extent with what you said, but they're not that close with their fans compared to other bands.

Also bear in mind, that without their fans the band would be nothing. The fans fund the band by buying cd's, merch, concert tickets etc.

ruroken
02-17-2006, 04:26 PM
They aren't above average, you tard.

Call it an Obsession
02-17-2006, 06:49 PM
hahaha you obviously dont know what average is ya fag

Ninty Man
02-17-2006, 07:24 PM
I will love Offspring if they come to Mexico, and let me get up the scenario

Venom Symbiote
02-17-2006, 10:06 PM
"Get up the scenario", eh? Haha. :D I realise English probably isn't your first language, so not meaning to be an asshole or anything, but that was funny as hell. Haha.

I want to "get up the scenario!" :D

mandymoocow
02-17-2006, 11:25 PM
I do think that they deserve props for being so great to their fans. I think about that a lot, it is rather cool all the things they do here and there. It is an extra step they take because remember that their music is for us fans. They love making music for themselves, but by putting it out there they are giving us a chance to be involved. I think people miss that sometimes, the music is the greatest thing a band can do for their fans, but the little extra things always show us fans how much more they appreciate us. The Offspring rock, and I wouldn't have them any other way. :)

~mandy~

Ninty Man
02-18-2006, 07:42 PM
"Get up the scenario", eh? Haha. :D I realise English probably isn't your first language, so not meaning to be an asshole or anything, but that was funny as hell. Haha.

I want to "get up the scenario!" :D

???

In fact, nop, I speak Spanish, and not pretty well JEJE

Sorry, but, maybe when an English person says:

Mi querer taquitos

I can't stop laughing

Drummerguy123
02-18-2006, 10:51 PM

Now that I think about it, I don't recall ever seeing an intelligent/useful post by you. ever.

the_GoDdEsS
02-19-2006, 12:47 AM
You guys idealise things a little too much.

That_Guy91
02-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Holy shit, you posted in GOD?

the_GoDdEsS
02-19-2006, 01:00 AM
Holy shit, yes I did.

Drummerguy123
02-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Holy shit, yes I did.

*golf clap*

jrk247
02-19-2006, 01:26 AM
I do agree that they are nice to the fans, I mean who wouldn't be? The fans are who give them their money. But they could give us more info on ongoing stuff, sure they are now, but what about the time between splinter and GH? I have yet to recieve something in the mail saying "Thanks for being a fan".

BTW, what the hell is the mailing list for anyway?